Wisconsin offers Harley incentives package

Sep 6, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Business Journal of Milwaukee

Mark-Hans Richer . . . "Our strategies have been moving away from a singular consumer target and a one-size-fits-all agency solution." View Larger With a crucial decision about the future of Harley-Davidson Inc.

Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Sep 7, 2010
Chris

Smithville, TX

#1 Sep 6, 2010
It seems Harley {the Davidson family) is making decisions based on personal/emotional feelings and not based on business sense. Why else would they continue to ask the unions permission to make business decisions and not leave WI? There is very little reason fore them to stay there except they dont want to have to move from where they personally live. Its like a battered woman in a bad relationship, you ask "why wont you leave" and the answer is "But he loves me".
I know the Davidson "saved" Harley after they lost it to AMF. AMF was doing exactly what Harley just did to MV Agusta. They bought a financially struggling brand they knew nothing about and didnt care to learn of its strengths. MV Agusta's top of the line bike at $15k (cheaper than most Harleys) is a state of the art bike made from exotic materials and hand built by a low number of people, but they didnt want to learn anything , they just wanted to flip it.
I love my 2000 Harley but they are painfully not moving ahead with the times. Willie G introduced a "new" Dyna for'10 that just had a king/queen step seat from the '70s and called it a "new" model? The "new" 48 model and XRX are a slight step in the right direction as a see demand for the "standard' AND "HOOLIGAN" style bikes with a mid set foot controls and square dirt bike/flat track bar position being popular for quick city riding that suites the V-twin well, look at the popular Ducati models for example and others that are supermoto/hooligan influenced.
Willie G needs some young blood in the style/design dept.
Chris

Smithville, TX

#2 Sep 6, 2010
Oh yea, at the recent AMA Superbike race in New Jersey 9/4/10 Buell placed #9 with NO factory support! Only Suzuki and Yamaha placed higher. Buell placed ahead of all Honda, Kawasaki and BMW! But Harley killed the brand. They say it had low sales but they never tried to support it at all in racing. With some decent wins and a little marketing toward the young guys they would have sold a heck of a lot more! It was a real 21st century American superbike that the whole country could get behind and hold their head high around the world but they never gave it a real chance. Shame on you Harley!
smoke

Spring Grove, PA

#3 Sep 6, 2010
Chris wrote:
Oh yea, at the recent AMA Superbike race in New Jersey 9/4/10 Buell placed #9 with NO factory support! Only Suzuki and Yamaha placed higher. Buell placed ahead of all Honda, Kawasaki and BMW! But Harley killed the brand. They say it had low sales but they never tried to support it at all in racing. With some decent wins and a little marketing toward the young guys they would have sold a heck of a lot more! It was a real 21st century American superbike that the whole country could get behind and hold their head high around the world but they never gave it a real chance. Shame on you Harley!
So what? No one cares about roadracers. Reral racers run on dirt, and I don't mean lameocross.
Chris

Smithville, TX

#4 Sep 7, 2010
smoke wrote:
<quoted text>So what? No one cares about roadracers. Reral racers run on dirt, and I don't mean lameocross.
Have you ever watched the TV? Its all road racing and motocross. but I guess you are talking about flat track and consider your self a "biker" I used to go to the San Jose Mile in CA and watch flat track when I was a kid but you never see flat track on TV. I consider myself a "real biker". I ride a Harley yes but I dont wear a leather vest, a "do rag" or have a gut. I like to ride 2 wheels period. Ive ridden dirt bikes, flat trackers, 3 cyl 2 stroke 750cc road racers and I ride a RoadKing thats faster than most crotch rockets in the 1/8th mile and I love to watch all motorcycle racing....road, drag, flat track, motocross, supermoto, speedway and sidecar. Have you been watching this years Isle of Man races? if you think this all "lame" then you are just a moron.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Menomonee Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WI Who do you support for Governor in Wisconsin in... (Oct '10) 12 hr Aaron Salmon 7,040
Chiropractic care resolves GERD Wed Chiropractor from... 4
Shootings are no longer newsworthy Tue Ishpeming 8
Menomonee Falls Music Selection (Sep '12) Aug 26 Musikologist 10
Dontre Hamilton's family meets with Milwaukee P... Aug 25 King Joe Zarate 1
Milwaukee to stand with Ferguson at second down... Aug 25 USA Today 1
Brother of man shot by Milwaukee police seeks j... Aug 24 King Joe Zarate 1
•••

Flood Warning for Waukesha County was issued at August 29 at 4:46AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Menomonee Falls Jobs