Since: May 07

Menifee, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2007

Measure G is the voter initiative to approve the sale of the three hospitals owned by Valley Health System to Select Healthcare.

Vote "yes" if you favor the sale, or "no" if you don't.
Benny

Pasadena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2007

Sell everything off, even the patient profiles.
JRF

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2007

As I understand the contract (Im not and attorney) it does not keep the emergency rooms open as they have stated. If managment is the problem (as they state) why are we selling to that same person. Lets bring in a new management group, we dont have to sell for that. I suggest looking at the contract and google Dr. Chaudhuri before making a decision
JBWex

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2007

The contract does have a stipulation the keep the ER open. It also has a stipulation limiting sales of shares so no one doctor or group can gain control. If mesure g does not pass and there is no written defined plan for restructing, then it likely to close, cosing massive job loses and a monutmental negative impact on the community. Not just workes will be affected, but local business that do businees with the hospital and eventully their employess
Mary Ellen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2007

As an employee of VHS, we can only hope for a NO Vote....we do not need to sell our hospital to get a new management team in our hospital. This contract is poorly written at best, and does not keep Dr Chauhdri from ownership, it does not guarantee that after 5 yrs any part of the hospital will be kept open. It states that after 5 yrs any part of the hospital not making a profit will be closed. The ER and OB are the two biggest money loosing areas. What would keep them open? Nothing...our only answer is Vote NO!!! It keeps an open door for new management, keeping it a community hospital (as opposed to for profit and non-community owned) and keeps Dr Chauhdri out of our facility!
gcc

Sierra Madre, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2007

The contract stipulates that ANY department, including the ER, can be closed immediately if it under-performs (makes no profit). The ER hasn't made a profit in years. It will be the first department to close should Measure G pass. vote NO on Measure G!
-gc
JBWex wrote:
The contract does have a stipulation the keep the ER open. It also has a stipulation limiting sales of shares so no one doctor or group can gain control. If mesure g does not pass and there is no written defined plan for restructing, then it likely to close, cosing massive job loses and a monutmental negative impact on the community. Not just workes will be affected, but local business that do businees with the hospital and eventully their employess
Mary Ellen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2007

Oh how is it ok for the YES folks to be tearing down the NO signs and paying people to hold yes signs on the corner. If they have to tear down the NO vote something can not be right about this sale. I have called Hemet Community Medical Group, they have NO IDEA who is incharge of their political ad's....interesting, huh? OB does not make a profit either. The hospital is a year behind in their billing. IS that to make us look like we are in worse shape than we are???
Clyde Osborn

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2007

A "No" vote will keep our hospital open to all
doctors and all patients and keep it a "non-profit"
with the explicit mission to benefit our communities
with education, academic and research programs as
well as support necessary but unprofitable programs.
We are not so mean-spirited as to deny medical
services to the indigent, mentally ill and home-
less. We did it prior to the Chaudhuri era and we
can do it again now that he is gone.
The Valley Health System Board of Directors has
spent over one half a million dollars on legal fees writing this Measure G and have given a
contract to Quorum to manage the hospital guaranteeing them a two million dollar profit
per year (about twice the profit Chaudhuri was
making). That's more than they spend on charity care for a whole year. Vote "No" on Measure G.
gcc

Sierra Madre, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2007

Read this and you may want to rethink your statement.

http://blog.noong.net/2007/10/29/valley-healt...

-gcc
JBWex wrote:
gcc

Sierra Madre, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2007

I'm sorry if this is double posted. I can't see it as being on the forum.

Read this http://blog.noong.net/2007/10/29/valley-healt...

and you may want to rethink your statement.

-gcc
JBWex wrote:
JBWex

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2007

Nope, I still stand for a YES vote!
gcc wrote:
Read this and you may want to rethink your statement.
http://blog.noong.net/2007/10/29/valley-healt...
-gcc
<quoted text>
Mary Ellen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2007

JBWex wrote:
Nope, I still stand for a YES vote!
<quoted text>
JB how can you in good conscience read the contract and still vote YES? AS a mother who has used the ER and as a current employee we need a NO VOTE
JBWex

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2007

I also am a current employee, at HVMC, and a father. What department do you work in? I have more than one bad experience at the hemet ER and know that changes must be made. Almost any I talk to, that I know, has a bad story about the ER in Hemet. I do not believe the anti-chadhuri rhetoric being spouted by the vote no side, check http://nomorefeud.com/links/measure-g/ - you can download a copy of the contract there. One thing the no side leaves out of their statement about Select being able to close the Er is the contract plainly states that if Select closes the Er and keeps it closed for twelve months, they will allow the hospital district to open a ER facility, despite clause about not allowing VHS to open another hospital. Also the contract does not prevent another hospital from opening, it just prevents valley health system from opening another hospital. One thing is sure, if the hospital does not sell and they are facing bankrupcy, then they will close department that are not showing profit, OB and Er are already named as departments that are not profitable, so they would be the first to close if the hospital does not sell... Check this site as well
http://www.menifee247.com/2007/10/measure-g-h...
Even if Charuduri is somehow involved, I do not believe that the new managment company, quorum, would allow him to run the hospital into the ground. I alos wonder if Mr. Simpson, Dr. Chakubarty and the other fellow, I forget his name stand to profit if the hospital does not sell and possibly closes...
So how can you vote NO?
Mary Ellen wrote:
<quoted text>
JB how can you in good conscience read the contract and still vote YES? AS a mother who has used the ER and as a current employee we need a NO VOTE
Mary Ellen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2007

JB,
I work as a patient care provider in which i must carry a license, which i have had for 15 years. In that 15 years, i had worked at a facility in Orange County when KPC bought Med Partners then bankrupted it. We had multiple physicians with no contracts leaving them unable to come to the hosital to see their patients. The patients now were "uninsured" leaving them in the dark, some of which died. Do you think for one minute good ole Dr C cared? Of course not...i worked in Case Management, try and transfer an uninsured patient with no doctor to another facility, doesnt happen!! I have read the contract. I do believe under the sale they can close the ER, as it is absolutely never making a profit. Read section 5.9.2 it clearly states that the ER may stay open as long as it is commerically reasonable and viable to do so. Dr Chaudhuri will be involed as a consult for case management, that also is stated in section 3.11 Have you googled Quorum. They had their own issues with Medicare fraud in which they paid an enoumous fine. Under Medicare guidelines they can not close the ER if it does not sell. Have you ever researched Medicare guidelines or Title 22? Perhaps call the State and direct those questions to them. Hemet OB is obviously IEHP and Medical patients, is it fair to ask them to drive to Moreno Valley to have their babies because IEHP has already been notified that the contract is being re-negotiated. Do you seriously think that County has that many beds? We have had patients die waiting on a transfer to another facility. It just does not happen. Have you personally had to work billing patients at Hemet? I do have to bill for some services, and i can tell you that our charges are so far below what other hospitals charge its nuts. When we brought this to the attention of finance, we were blown off! Perhaps this accounts for how "desperate we look " as far as a financial picture goes. We do not need to sell our facility to get new management. We are not guaranteed our jobs should the hospital sell.
Mary Ellen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2007

Is is fair that if we "talk No" we can be fired however if we are "yes" we can talk all we want. We are not working in a communist country, but America. We should have the right to exercise our First Amendment Rights. I for one could careless with regards to all the union squabble about them retaining their contracts. They care about money first, what have they done to improve patient care or the flow of patients like they promised. Nothing!!! Would Dr Chaudhuri's wife be hiring kids and adults to hold "YES" signs if everything was upfront? Would they be paying someone to tear down all the "NO " signs if this was a legitimate sale and he was not involved? Why would Dr Dreier, who had fought Dr Chaudhuri tooth and nail for years all of a sudden go to India with him? Something regarding this is not right. I as a mother, who had taken my children to the ER (and honestly can say i was seen in less than 3 hrs on Christmas Eve and was out the door) can only Vote NO. Why would over 100 physicians say NO? My friend, whose father a former Hemet physician, who was threatened physically by Dr Chaudhuri say NO. This is our one and only opportunity to get rid of him forever. Selling will guarantee he will have controll. Is that what we want? Why not just give it to him? Do you want to drive somewhere out of the Valley for work? We are guaranteed nothing with this sale. How about you research Perris hospital and how Mr Cutler bought it and closed its doors. Ask Dr G Madabushi how he was taken for over $100,000 just before it was closed. How about Pioneer Hospital which Mr Cutler bought and closed and then sold off in pieces. There is nothing stated saying he could not do that again. I love my job and i love the patients i care for. Why would i want to give that up? Doctors have no business running hospitals, they took the oath to "DO NO HARM", certainly not an oath Dr C took seriously as i was a witness to his patients dying with his KPC and MedPartners. I was a Case Manager, I know, i watched in horror! Perhaps you should have seen what i saw, perhaps that would have changed your mind. I have looked at the Menifee website, obviously it is not written by an attorney, so i take it with a grain of salt. Did you by chance read your Press Enterprise today? Did you see who the largest financial contributors to the "YES" side are? HCMG $200,100 in donations, and VHS Acquisition, Mr Cutler with $902,000. Do you seriously think the Hospital Defense League has a million dollars to dish out in advertising? Hardly, they do it thru sweat and grassroots.What do you think the founders of Hemet Valley Medical Center had in mind when they built a "Community Hosptial?" Certainly not this. A hospital run to the ground by poor management. WE need management, but not a fire sale inorder to achieve that. With all that said, i remain Vote NO!! The only answer for our Community. Afterall if we are sold, it is the last vote you will ever get for your CHILDRENS healtcare! Vote NO
Mary Ellen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2007

What happens to our Medi-Cal patients if the hospital sells and our application for Medi-Cal isnt approved. Select would have to reapply to be a Medi-Cal accepting facility....

A change in ownership of 50 percent or more requires a new complete enrollment application consisting of either the Medi-Cal Physician Application/Agreement (DHCS 6210) or the Medi-Cal Provider Application (DHCS 6204), depending upon the type of provider enrolling, along with a Medi-Cal Provider Agreement (DHCS 6208), Medi-Cal Disclosure Statement (DHCS 6207), and all required attachments.
• If the entity changing ownership is enrolled as a group, the applicant is required to submit a Medi-Cal Provider Group Application (DHCS 6203).

Does that mean our Medi-Cal clients are unable to be served?
Hemet Native 25yrs

Chino Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2007

I hold a yes sign free of charge! The only things I have heard from the NO side is name calling when I want to hear their plan. We need to give the hospital a chance to remain open. I'm a mother of a child who has health issues and a daughter of two elder parents I rely on the hospitals a lot. I rather have them open with some hope of picking up rather than them bankrupt and closed.
As far as people working for money... I see this as another dirty and distasteful accusation that some NO voters are out their doing. Who is paying for those trucks to circle the block all afternoon Monday to Friday? Could it be the same doctors who went out of their way to write a book about Dr. Chaudhuri and have meetings after hours in their offices? Don’t degrade the issue of our hospital staying open by name calling, slandering, accusations on wife’s and claiming that Yes voters play dirty tricks… aren’t we adults….we should act our age, shouldn’t we?
This hospital was not in jeopardy once Dr. Chaudhuri came on board but before, just as most of his endeavors were. The blame game doesn’t apply to just one person but to all board members because they let personal issues and business other than the hospital get in the way.
The plan is to Keep our Hospitals Open.
Vote “YES”
Mary Ellen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2007

The book you are refering to is "Critical Conditions, How Healtcare in America became bad medicine", this book was authored by two investigative reporters from the NY Times. Authors were Donald L. Barlett,James B. Steele. It was not written by a physician with bad feelings. It looks at all of America.
JBWex

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2007

As far as someone tearing down no signs, all I've seen where I live is people tearing down YES signs. I love my job too and my wife has a chronical illness. We depend on the hospital for care and my job for the insurance. If measure G does not pass, the hospital is facing bankrupcy. Whatever they get from the sale of Moreno, which select si buying weather G passes or not, will not last long. If the hosptial goes into bankrupcy and there is not a restructing plan in place, it WILL BE CLOSED. I have not heard anything for the no side about a solid, documented restructiong plan. Then there will be no ER or anything else... BTW, I'm not getting paid for the YES signs in my front yard.
Mary Ellen wrote:
Is is fair that if we "talk No" we can be fired however if we are "yes" we can talk all we want. We are not working in a communist country, but America. We should have the right to exercise our First Amendment Rights. I for one could careless with regards to all the union squabble about them retaining their contracts. They care about money first, what have they done to improve patient care or the flow of patients like they promised. Nothing!!! Would Dr Chaudhuri's wife be hiring kids and adults to hold "YES" signs if everything was upfront? Would they be paying someone to tear down all the "NO " signs if this was a legitimate sale and he was not involved? Why would Dr Dreier, who had fought Dr Chaudhuri tooth and nail for years all of a sudden go to India with him? Something regarding this is not right. I as a mother, who had taken my children to the ER (and honestly can say i was seen in less than 3 hrs on Christmas Eve and was out the door) can only Vote NO. Why would over 100 physicians say NO? My friend, whose father a former Hemet physician, who was threatened physically by Dr Chaudhuri say NO. This is our one and only opportunity to get rid of him forever. Selling will guarantee he will have controll. Is that what we want? Why not just give it to him? Do you want to drive somewhere out of the Valley for work? We are guaranteed nothing with this sale. How about you research Perris hospital and how Mr Cutler bought it and closed its doors. Ask Dr G Madabushi how he was taken for over $100,000 just before it was closed. How about Pioneer Hospital which Mr Cutler bought and closed and then sold off in pieces. There is nothing stated saying he could not do that again. I love my job and i love the patients i care for. Why would i want to give that up? Doctors have no business running hospitals, they took the oath to "DO NO HARM", certainly not an oath Dr C took seriously as i was a witness to his patients dying with his KPC and MedPartners. I was a Case Manager, I know, i watched in horror! Perhaps you should have seen what i saw, perhaps that would have changed your mind. I have looked at the Menifee website, obviously it is not written by an attorney, so i take it with a grain of salt. Did you by chance read your Press Enterprise today? Did you see who the largest financial contributors to the "YES" side are? HCMG $200,100 in donations, and VHS Acquisition, Mr Cutler with $902,000. Do you seriously think the Hospital Defense League has a million dollars to dish out in advertising? Hardly, they do it thru sweat and grassroots.What do you think the founders of Hemet Valley Medical Center had in mind when they built a "Community Hosptial?" Certainly not this. A hospital run to the ground by poor management. WE need management, but not a fire sale inorder to achieve that. With all that said, i remain Vote NO!! The only answer for our Community. Afterall if we are sold, it is the last vote you will ever get for your CHILDRENS healtcare! Vote NO
Hemet Native 25yrs

Chino Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2007

I'm speaking of the 25 pages aimed at Dr. Chaudhuri that have circulated through Hemet, and the NUMEROUS Flyers that named respectable doctors that have been in this town from the time I was born and have taken care of me and my family as being nothing but puppets on strings for this Dr. Chaudhuri. If this contract says that Dr. C is not allowed to participate in Selects decision making ...Why worries now? I feel like these people are personally motivated to have this hospital system fail so that they can feel that their finger pointing was for a reason. This is the only conclusion I can come up with I listen to their accusation every afternoon and have them tell me that I’m doing it for money! Ridiculous and Shame on those people who are doing this to the respectable name of Hemet.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at July 24 at 2:28AM PDT

•••
•••

Menifee News Video

•••
•••

Menifee Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••