COMMET raids pot operation, nets six

Full story: The Willits News

Search warrants served at a rural ranch property and residence in Leggett, and residences in Calpella, Witter Springs in Lake County, and Roseville in El Dorado County, resulted in six arrests and the seizure of 2,732 marijuana plants, nine firearms, $15,395 in cash, and various pieces of equipment on March 18 and 19.
Comments
1 - 20 of 44 Comments Last updated Nov 27, 2009
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
It_is_time

United States

#1 Mar 25, 2009
Add these people to the list of 20 million Americans who have been arrested for marijuana since it became illegal 72 years ago. The war on marijuana is a war on our own people, fellow Americans. Marijuana is part of who we are.
hmmmmmmm

United States

#2 Mar 25, 2009
call me crazy, but this is is a little worse than an indoor in brooktrails.....

follow the diesel....... get the big ones....
James M Kinder

Escondido, CA

#3 Mar 25, 2009
I am OUTRAGED at these jackbooted Nazi thugs going after such a small, "Mom & Pop" operation. Have they NO SHAME?

“Alius bardus latin laudo”

Since: Nov 08

Jackson St Forest, CA

#4 Mar 26, 2009
James M Kinder wrote:
I am OUTRAGED at these jackbooted Nazi thugs going after such a small, "Mom & Pop" operation. Have they NO SHAME?
You are joking, right?
anb

Barnesville, OH

#5 Mar 26, 2009
hmmmmmmm wrote:
Illegal is illegal whether big or small, but I can realte to what you're saying; the diesel grows can be pretty sickening environmentally. If you are comparing a relatively moderate to small PG & E operated indoor on Brooktrails to a delapodated structure run by a 45K atop watersheds in the the thicket of remote Nendo, you have reason to feel the way you feel. I've seen both, and while I don't agree with any grow that is "illegal," I get especially defensive toward the diesel grows due to: 1). POLLUTION, and 2). Rural diesel run grows tend to be larger commercial grows located in the mountains atop watersheds of the Eel River. And, don't be fooled, these growers are NOT environmentally friendly as dollar digns are all they really see... Sad.

“Kids are the future”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#6 Mar 26, 2009
James M Kinder wrote:
Whenever a growers chooses to sell illegal drugs mostly to kids it's a good thing to shut them down and it doesn't take "Jack Booted Nazi's" it simply takes heartfull responsible people who care more about kids than the whining and rants of illegal drug dealers.
Help

Boston, MA

#7 Mar 26, 2009
Willits Watcher wrote:
<quoted text>
Whenever a growers chooses to sell illegal drugs mostly to kids it's a good thing to shut them down and it doesn't take "Jack Booted Nazi's" it simply takes heartfull responsible people who care more about kids than the whining and rants of illegal drug dealers.
Wanna REALLY help the children of Mendocino County?
Don't you wanna start cleaning up the toxic waste dump in Laytonville that is poisoning the Cahto tribe???
These measure b people really want to help the kids from poisoning?
They should try and clean up the contamination at the Remco Site in Willits. The contamination at the Ukiah Masonite plant (pcb's from spilled electrical transformers), after these or before these are cleaned up, they could cleanup PCB's that were dumped by PGE in the Laytonville Landfill.
And if the Measure B Coalition still has extra time to "purify" our community, they could start documenting all the illegal pumps along the Russian River which are being used by the Wine Growers to water their pesticide laden fields where they cut down all the 2-500 year old oaks.
They do want to cleanup the community for the kids don't they??
Why not start with the Laytonville Toxic Dumpsite that sits directly above the Cahto Reservation?
That would save lots of lives. For Real!
Watch Dark Harvest here if you care about tribal people in Mendocinio County.
Dark Harvest The Mendocino County poisoning of the Cahto Tribe of Laytonville.
Part 1

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Part 3
omg

United States

#8 Mar 26, 2009
hmmmmmmm wrote:
said that a long time ago... follow all the delivery trucks. they will lead you to them
vegemite

Petaluma, CA

#9 Mar 27, 2009
"seizure of 2,732 marijuana plants, nine firearms,$15,395 in cash, and various pieces of equipment"

There's a hell of lot more cash somewhere. All that equipment and those huge set-ups. Those guys were raking it in!
citizen

Orinda, CA

#10 Mar 27, 2009
I wonder why the ukiah daily urinal left out the fact that DEA was the major leading party in this investigation and raids. The press democrat presented all the facts....i'm tired of the selective reporting of this horible newspaper.

“Kids are the future”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#11 Mar 27, 2009
Help wrote:
<quoted text>
Wanna REALLY help the children of Mendocino County?
Don't you wanna start cleaning up the toxic waste dump in Laytonville that is poisoning the Cahto tribe???
These measure b people really want to help the kids from poisoning?
They should try and clean up the contamination at the Remco Site in Willits. The contamination at the Ukiah Masonite plant (pcb's from spilled electrical transformers), after these or before these are cleaned up, they could cleanup PCB's that were dumped by PGE in the Laytonville Landfill.
And if the Measure B Coalition still has extra time to "purify" our community, they could start documenting all the illegal pumps along the Russian River which are being used by the Wine Growers to water their pesticide laden fields where they cut down all the 2-500 year old oaks.
They do want to cleanup the community for the kids don't they??
Why not start with the Laytonville Toxic Dumpsite that sits directly above the Cahto Reservation?
That would save lots of lives. For Real!
Watch Dark Harvest here if you care about tribal people in Mendocinio County.
Dark Harvest The Mendocino County poisoning of the Cahto Tribe of Laytonville.
Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =wkt4f5giVzwXX
Part 2
Part 3
We could take care of two birds with one stone. We could arrest all the heartless greedy drug dealers and have them do community service by cleaning up the toxic waste dump in Laytonville.

“never stop asking questions”

Since: Apr 08

willits

#12 Mar 27, 2009
even with zero tolerance, Iran has a drug problem.

As Iran celebrates their New Year festival, Nowrouz, some Iranians turn increasingly to drugs and liquor to get them in the party mood.
Nowrouz lasts for two weeks and many people travel to the lush jungles and seaside villas of northern Iran to escape the hustle and bustle of city life.
But where ever they go imported and home produced alcohol, from vodka to Saki, are imbibed along with kebabs.
During the month building up to Nowrouz police statistics show that on average more than 25,000 cans of alcoholic drinks and some 135,000 litres of home-made liquor are hauled across Iran. This is despite the country-wide ban on alcohol imposed under Sharia law.
And, of course, strong homemade alcohol can be particularly dangerous. The AFP news agency recently reported police saying that 10 people had died from drinking poisonous homemade alcohol in a northern Iranian province.
Smuggling
But most of the domestic thirst for spirits is quenched with booze smuggled from Hungary, Bulgaria and Turkey.
It is transferred to Kurdish towns such as Erbil in northern Iraq and then carried over the border into Iran.
Once over the border, the final price varies according to how easy it was to negotiate the treacherous terrain of western Iran while avoiding police patrols.
In total, some 14 million litres of liquor are distributed in Iran each year, according to the special anti-smuggling task force which is supervised by Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
This is despite the severe punishment for those caught committing offences related to alcohol.
An Iranian convicted of drinking on three separate occasions could face death by hanging. There is little chance of a pardon.
Turning to drugs

However the punishment for drug possession and abuse is not as harsh. Only convicted drug traffickers and wholesale sellers are usually hanged.
This has encouraged many heavy drinkers to turn to drug abuse, with the new derivatives such as crack (a solid form of cocaine that can be smoked), acid (lysergic acid diethylamide) and ice (Methamphetamine) becoming increasingly popular according to some experts.
During the last Iranian year, over 100 kg of ice was smuggled into Tehran, according to the city police; a rise of 250% on the previous year.
But this forms a small part of the total.
Anti-trafficking officials say that each year 2,500 tons of illicit drugs are smuggled into Iran from neighbouring Afghanistan.
In addition over 1,100 tons comes from European and Persian Gulf countries.
Opium has traditionally been the favourite drug among Iranian users according to official figures.
Millions of users
According to officials, Iran has 1.2 million addicts and 800,000 'recreational' users.
But NGOs say that the total number of drug users in Iran is as high as 5 million.
In recent years some NGOs have set up private clinics to treat addicts.
They charge anywhere between $500(340) and $3,000 (2,050) for treatment.
The government has its own drug rehabilitation camps, but some reports claim these have turned into key drugs distribution centres.
One drug user told the BBC Persian Service that many addicts have set up 'kitchens' or makeshift drug labs to independently produce acid-based drugs and these kitchens produce more drugs during Nowrouz. Prices also rise during the festive season.
Of course, many Iranian drinkers and drug takers feel they have a right to escape from their woes, at least momentarily and that Nowrouz provides the time to do so.
The police however have a different idea and say they are determined to combat illegal drug taking and drinking during the new year.
Doofus Bob

San Pablo, CA

#13 Mar 27, 2009
Why not get real wrote:
<quoted text>
You are joking, right?
Don't you environmentalist hippies know satire when you read it? Take some happy pills and chill!
Doofus Bob

San Pablo, CA

#14 Mar 27, 2009
Willits Watcher wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a life, he was joking...JOKING!!!

“Alius bardus latin laudo”

Jackson St Forest, CA

#16 Mar 28, 2009
Doofus Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a life, he was joking...JOKING!!!
Me, hippie? Haa haaa haaa. You REALLY don't know me. The scary thing is that there are really people that think like the last guy who posted a joke. That is why I was asking. You, on the other hand, well. Wow. I was just waiting for some hippie idiots to start jumping to the growers defense with their usual stupidity.

Watcher, don't think I agree with you. Even though I don't like all the growing I still think you are an idiot.
Dennis Scoles

Stockton, CA

#17 Mar 28, 2009
These growers are polluting our streams with diesel fuel, endangering our environment with diesel fumes and, in another drought year, using up enornmus amounts of water, to grow MJ to line their pockets and you folks think its okay? Incredible. I fully support the raids.

“Illegitimati non carborundum”

Location hidden

#18 Mar 28, 2009
Dennis Scoles wrote:
These growers are polluting our streams with diesel fuel, endangering our environment with diesel fumes and, in another drought year, using up enornmus amounts of water, to grow MJ to line their pockets and you folks think its okay? Incredible. I fully support the raids.
I agree with everything except one. the water issue. Cannabis uses very little water. the big water user in the area is grapes. Of course...you won't find fault with them though will you?
And to others...I'm not sticking up for commercial growers I'm showing the idiotic way some anti cannabis people think. Like this water BS.
anb

United States

#19 Mar 28, 2009
Actually, water is pumped out of creeks that flow into the Eel River and much of the the water pumped out of the creeks is specifically for watering pot. It doesn't mean that the majority of lost water is going to the pot. But it also doesn't mean that the water used out of the creeks doesn't have an impact. Also, many who own land bordering these creeks and living on them pump or siphon water out of them for their homes and gardens. There is a significant amount of water being used from the watersheds, enough to cause an impact. Dennis Scoles is aware of the fact that frost protection for grapes is a huge impact on the Eel. I've read most of his post on the water related threads. He is just a citizen who is extremely defensive about water waste in any way, shape or form. He also advocates building more reservoirs. This is not a bad idea. As far as landowners in the hills using water from the creeks, people do what they have to do if the bordering creek is their only water source for their home. Awareness and conservation is the key. No one, whether they grow pot or not, should waste water from the creeks or river. This is just ethically wrong whether there is a drought or not.
anb

United States

#20 Mar 28, 2009
On another note, there are those of us who live off the grid and use generators as a back energy source for our solar systems. Diesil generators are an efficient energy source and when proper steps are taken to prevent spills and minimize pollution by emmisions, a diesil generator is not a problem. On the other hand, there are growers who leave their generators out in the weather, they are not careful about fueling and spills happen as a result of being careless, oil is spilled and left out uncovered, or dumped directly into the ground or creeks. These people ought to get a mandatory sentence just for the environmental damage they cause, in fact they should get a longer sentence than what they get for cultivation. Maybe then people will take heed and think ahead. But probably not.
mendo

Jackson St Forest, CA

#21 Mar 29, 2009
Just stopped in to check the local chatter.Same shit different bust.Same people posting same crap lol!And to think I keep hoping for something new to read in these forums.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mendocino Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 48 min Go aways 5,004
Ukiah police and fire log: Friday, Aug. 29, 2014 2 hr Here Is One 1
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 3 hr lazy posts 200,590
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 6 hr lazy posts 15,963
Abalone diver drowns off Little River coast (Oct '10) Fri PFOBY 47
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Tank ever 7,926
Ukiah police and fire log: Wednesday, Aug. 27, ... Wed Here Is One 1
•••

Mendocino News Video

•••
Mendocino Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Mendocino Jobs

•••