Raleigh, Crime, Memphis Police Department, Gangs

Full story: WREG

She is tried of the bullets. "I've heard that several times, several times," says Dillar.
Comments
1 - 20 of 75 Comments Last updated May 13, 2010
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Anonymous

Hernando, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

Good old Memphis. Is this really news anymore?
John hernando

Hernando, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

Same news everyday,blacks shoot blacks,the animals need to be locked up at the pound.
Gina

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

Black people seem to just have the worst luck...always getting shot and all.
MemphisIShell

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

Kids n guns--a bad bad mix. The fact that police think it's up to the parents to fix the problem and aren't making any arrests troubles me. They don't have any problem finding out who did it when it's a cop who gets targeted. They don't care about the black neighborhoods. They just let em shoot theirselves up. Even the black cops don't care. It's sad. The people that live there need law enforcement to step in and crack down hard on these gangs. These gangs are running the whole neighborhood! I don't blame people for being afraid to talk. They will get shot if they do! These kids have no remorse for the evil they do! Their parents are probably in gangs as well! Why can't we have cops present out there? They don't have any problem getting bunches of cops to sit near the light at Austin Peay and Yale to catch speeders and people running the red lights so they can pass out tickets. Why can't they shake up these gangs?! The cops already know who some of the members are. These kids have had run ins with the law before. I feel for the families that just want their safety and security. Heck, a security guard would be killed so that isn't even an option. They are jumping people at the schools! I gotta get outta Memphis while I'm still alive!
Mike

Arlington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

If they want to change things they must break up the race divide in that area. It is predominately black with marginal incomes. There is nothing for the youth to do and gangs are great recruiters of bored teens. The cops can stop this but it takes profiling and God forbid we do that (sarcastically stated). Get these punks, put them in jail, get the leaders, fry them and stop this atrocity. I am not one who is a fan of black plight, in fact I think it is a ploy for sympathy and laziness, but no one no matter who they are deserve to live in fear.

Since: Mar 10

Ellendale, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

neutering the parents would be a good first step

Ellendale, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

right on, Mike
UnoHoo

Butler, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

Did you have agood time in Memphis? Did you get a Souvenir T-shirt?..... No I only got a bullet wound.
OR
"I went to Memphis & all I got was this bloody T-shirt!"

Ellendale, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

let me make a correction...neutering the breeders is a better characterization
Cain

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

start shooting back
Johnny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

Mike wrote:
If they want to change things they must break up the race divide in that area. It is predominately black with marginal incomes. There is nothing for the youth to do and gangs are great recruiters of bored teens. The cops can stop this but it takes profiling and God forbid we do that (sarcastically stated). Get these punks, put them in jail, get the leaders, fry them and stop this atrocity. I am not one who is a fan of black plight, in fact I think it is a ploy for sympathy and laziness, but no one no matter who they are deserve to live in fear.
Bored teens? That's ridiculous.

When the area was all white we didn't have these problems.

The problems started when the blacks moved in.

Someone tell me I'm wrong.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

I thought the "FAM" gang was mentally challenged teens- like.. special ed... wth is going on?
WAKE-UP-MEMPHIS

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

Stop having children you can't take care of. It's not a village and it's not other peoples responsibility to raise your kids! If you can't afford them and spend quality time with them .. STOP HAVING THEM!
Memphis is going to get worse and soon, the gangs will infest into Northern Mississippi and take over that area too.
You are reaping what you harvest....WAKE UP AND START TAKING CARE OF YOUR CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!!PS...IF YOU ARE MAN ENOUGH TO LAY DOWN AND MAKE THE CHILD .. BE MAN ENOUGH TO RAISE THAT CHILD!

Ellendale, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

they don't know how to take care of their children..they make more to get more welfare money..it is sickening and has to stop

Ellendale, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

color is not the issue here, it is just plain ignnorance and lack of respect
Doug

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

Mike wrote:
I do agree with a few of your ideas...but you must realize that these black youth causing all this tumult and violence are not just bored teens. These black youth, especially the males, are predators. They are predators looking for any weakness or opportunity. Don't get me wrong, individually they are cowards, but they usually roam in packs. And these packs make them very dangerous. They feed on each others anti-social evil. Luckily they usually prey on their own...but why chance it. The best advice is to move away from them. If you cannot move for some reason...then God be with you and never ever turn your back on them.

Ellendale, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

I say ban the friggin stupid rap crap music and stores selling tires for rent...what the heck is that all about anyway? quit selling used police cars to these animals
chevy girl

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

They can bring that mess to Desoto Co. if they want to...the Mississippi boys will lock'em up and throw away the key!
WAKE-UP-MEMPHIS

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

It's like taking a wild cat and trying to make it domestic.
atiba

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

Not all blacks are raised this way. Many of them were brought up in middle class homes with both parents in the house. What has happened is the lack of teaching moral values in the home and having a welfare system that has become a way of life for many single black women with the mindset that the more children you have, the bigger increase your government benefits will be. I say a limit on the benefits (one child)should be sufficient. Any additional children will not see an increase. Also, if there was a way in which these benefits would be cutoff if their children were involved in gangs and other criminal activity, you would see a reduction in these juvenile crimes and more of these so called parents, in fear of losing benefits, would be more attentive to their children's activities.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Memphis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 20 min TN Voter 144,749
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 29 min tony bennedetto 18,773
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 1 hr PairAnnoyed 9,275
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 6 hr Johnny Smith 8,610
Moving back to Memphis :) Safe/inexpensive apar... (Nov '12) 11 hr Check It Out 19
Baby boom and Justin Timberlake concert! 19 hr Yeah Baby Yeah 2
Beale street (Dec '12) Fri Dude 5

Search the Memphis Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Memphis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Memphis People Search