David

Coppell, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2009

Does anyone have any information about the accident at Hardin and Eldorado Parkway on Friday the 17th of April.
Please respond it is very important.
Mandi

Coppell, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2009

I have been searching this morning for some information also....have you found any info about the wreck??
Robert

Lewisville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2009

I have found no info on this yet. I heard that it was 2 teenage girls in the accident; one from McKinney Boyd and one from McKinney North, and that there were 2 fatalities. Small silver mercedes.
David

Coppell, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2009

What I know which is not official what so ever is that there was a truck and a Mercedes one of them ran a red light and struck the other car. The people in the truck go to McKinney High i do not know about the people in the Mercedes. Supposedly 1 person has already died and 1 is in the icu at the moment. Please post a link if anyone finds an article somewhere.
Thank you
Mandi

Coppell, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2009

I didn't hear about the fatalities, but I know there were two careflights and there was a white truck and a mercedes. We drove by (on accident) trying to get to blockbuster and saw that there had been a terrible accident.
Debbie

Garland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2009

My kids were at the scene of the accident and told me that the truck was driven by a 15 yr old girl. Her older brother who is a senior a MHS was in the passenger sit. They went through the red light and hit the Mercedes. The girl was taken to a local hospital and suffered a concussion. Her brother and the driver of the Mercedes were care flighted out. The Mercedes driver was the only one in that car. I did hear that the Mercedes driver died. I don't know the fate of the brother but he was believed to be in critical condition as of last night. Very tragic for all involved.
David

Coppell, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2009

Debbie wrote:
My kids were at the scene of the accident and told me that the truck was driven by a 15 yr old girl. Her older brother who is a senior a MHS was in the passenger sit. They went through the red light and hit the Mercedes. The girl was taken to a local hospital and suffered a concussion. Her brother and the driver of the Mercedes were care flighted out. The Mercedes driver was the only one in that car. I did hear that the Mercedes driver died. I don't know the fate of the brother but he was believed to be in critical condition as of last night. Very tragic for all involved.
is this mrs. johnson?
Jim

Mckinney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2009

We were at the accident site last night as well. Have never seen this many people at a car accident before. The white Mercedes Benz was very small and in very bad shape. Yes, what others said is that the pickup truck ran the red light going south on Hardin and hit the Mercedes going East on El Dorado. Bad intersection on the weekends and too much traffic. We saw two helicopters at the scene. My 15 year old son drives soon, and it terrifies me.
Debbie

Garland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2009

David wrote:
<quoted text>
is this mrs. johnson?
David, no I'm not Mrs. Johnson.
David

Coppell, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2009

Debbie wrote:
<quoted text>
David, no I'm not Mrs. Johnson.
OK im sorry you sounded like a girl who was telling me about the wreck, and your story sounded very similar to what she told me.
Momma

Mckinney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2009

We were at the scene last night as well. The girl driving the white truck goes to MHS, no license she did have her brother's truck, but her brother was not in the passenger seat a friend who attends MHS was. We were talking with the woman who was driving behind the truck and she said the girl was making a left turn, ran the red light and drove over the Mercedes. The Mercedes' driver was air lifted to the hospital, I was told that he did not die, but was in critical condition. We were told the girl was not injured and the boy in the truck with her was taken to the hospital as a precaution. Some of my daughter's friends that were at the scene said they saw the boy and girl get out of the truck themselves and were walking around and crying. The Mercedes was crushed, just crushed. It was awful. There were two helicopters at the scene both on Hardin - one on each side of the road. I was told that there was another at the scene but had already taken off. The two that were there took off while I was present and they were both empty. It was a terrible sight to see. This accident is the reason why I pray every time my daughter walks out the door and gets in her car.
Jonny

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2009

So sad.
George

Mckinney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2009

I know some people in the crash i heard from a friend at the scene the girl driving the truck(which is her boyfriends truck) was with her brother and the brother was in icu and has been tooken out because he started breathing on his own and talking, the girl has broken ribs and some head injuries i believe. The driver of mercedez was not supposed to make is what i have heard
Erin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2009

You would think this would be on the news. There are so many rumors swirling around, I dont know what to believe. I know one of the guys in the truck but I can't find out if he is ok or not.
close to it

Coppell, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2009

OK THIS IS THE STORY : a young girl was driving the truck, with her brother in passengers side, she was taken to MCM, and later released with serious injuries, the brother was careflighted out and in icu and on ventilator is showing signs of progression, the driver of the silver car has not been identified yet, was also carflighted and was last listed in critical condition. NO FATALITIES!!!! please at this time we need prayers for all the families!
Kerri M

Carrollton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2009

So sad...I literally live a few streets away from that intersection and I happened to drive by that night to get a movie. So much commotion with all the police, care flight, ppl, ems, etc. My husband and I will pray for those families and friends that are affected with this awful tragedy. I feel that it's very strange that the newspapers haven't even mentioned this story.
Momma

Mckinney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2009

Okay so I have an update. The girl is fine, her step-brother who was in the truck is fine as well. Unfortunately, the man driving the Mercedes passed away. We are friends of the doctor who treated the man at the hospital. I do not know what his name was. My prayers to his family and to that poor young girl who has to live with this for the rest of her life.
Karissa

Mckinney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2009

Debbie wrote:
My friend was the doctor who took care of the man in the mercedes at the hospital and he died last night in the ICU. The girl driving didn't have a concussion though because when I got there and they were putting her in the ambulance she was hysterical crying saying she was sorry over and over again. John, her brother, was care flighted out since he was in total shock and was just rambling random things.
Karissa

Mckinney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2009

O and my friends dad just told us that John is actually in the ICU right now.
concerned

Mckinney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2009

What is the name of the doctor who treated the mercedes driver? Did they find out the drivers name because he had no ID and the car he was driving wasnt his.
Karissa wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend was the doctor who took care of the man in the mercedes at the hospital and he died last night in the ICU. The girl driving didn't have a concussion though because when I got there and they were putting her in the ambulance she was hysterical crying saying she was sorry over and over again. John, her brother, was care flighted out since he was in total shock and was just rambling random things.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

McKinney News Video

•••
•••

McKinney Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

McKinney People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE