Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Judged:

I can't believe it. The only thing left is leaving, thanks to Wal Mart. So this will be the second time Wal Mart caused us to be left high and dry. This sucks.
why not

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Judged:

Well, Higs will be next, then Old west steak house. This is just the beginning.
the dude

Big Sandy, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Judged:

"The only thing left is leaving..."

When did Fred's, Dollar General, EW James and Save-a-Lot and everything else in town close?/sarcasm
trevor longfellow

Milan, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Judged:

Another way that WALMART... The multibillion dollar corporation sticks it to small town America.... That's about 40 more people in carroll county unemployed at Christmas... FU, WALMART
Concerned

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Judged:

Absolutely. Maybe we'll get another antique mall/outlet mall or a liquor store.
Manta

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Judged:

It sure has been handy having Rural King here close. I do most of my home repairs, and there's been many times when I've shot up to RK to get whatever I need to finish the job. Like most people who work a normal job, I handle my repairs/projects either at night, after I get off work, or on the weekend. Rural King is the only store of it's type in McKenzie that stays open past 5, and all weekend long. People like me sure will miss it. And I feel bad for the RK employees. Their last day of work is Dec. 24th. What a Christmas gift.
Just Saying

Mckenzie, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Judged:

Rural King's closing is not due to Walmart. Walmart leases the building from a leasing company in New York and Walmart sublets it to Rural King for whatever their monthly rental costs are. The New York company has raised the monthly lease price on Walmart and Walmart is simply having to pass that cost on to Rural King and Rural King is rejecting that cost increase.
Conner

Milan, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Judged:

I wonder if Wally-World still owns both the Milan and Huntingdon store properties? If so then Tractor Supply may be next.
Conner

Milan, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Judged:

By the way; Why did Walmart hold onto these properties? Why did they not sell them instead of paying taxes on idle properties for 10 to 15 years?
Bob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Judged:

This business decison is the most stupid thing I have seen Mckenzie allow to happen. Rural King is the only working mans store left and they are closing. There has to be something we can do as common folks to stop this from happening. Can we not standup for this store and it's employees and say we are not going to let this happen and get the support of city officials and petition this. I am proud to say I am a rural king addict. I shop for all my home needs at this store even down to Christmas shopping. This cannot happen to the common folks of this community. We need Rural King. I hope everyone agrees and will standup to stop this disaster
Harry

Erin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Judged:

Well the Mckenzie one was a joke anyway.
Armadillo

Milan, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Judged:

Bob wrote:
This business decison is the most stupid thing I have seen Mckenzie allow to happen. Rural King is the only working mans store left and they are closing. There has to be something we can do as common folks to stop this from happening. Can we not standup for this store and it's employees and say we are not going to let this happen and get the support of city officials and petition this. I am proud to say I am a rural king addict. I shop for all my home needs at this store even down to Christmas shopping. This cannot happen to the common folks of this community. We need Rural King. I hope everyone agrees and will standup to stop this disaster
What your are advocating amounts to a much-hated (by the tea parties) intrusion into a corporation's self detemination.
trevor longfellow

Milan, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Judged:

Manta wrote:
It sure has been handy having Rural King here close. I do most of my home repairs, and there's been many times when I've shot up to RK to get whatever I need to finish the job. Like most people who work a normal job, I handle my repairs/projects either at night, after I get off work, or on the weekend. Rural King is the only store of it's type in McKenzie that stays open past 5, and all weekend long. People like me sure will miss it. And I feel bad for the RK employees. Their last day of work is Dec. 24th. What a Christmas gift.
Amen to that
tiggerboy

Mckenzie, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Judged:

I thought Ed Perkins owned that property.
ted finley

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Judged:

sure hate to see rural king close for the employees as well as my self. We buy lots of cattle chicken feed as well as farm parts ,hay bailer string and yes shoes , just about ever thing stock. If city owns the old p j factory give it to the free rent 5-years plenty room ,lots more parking , big space people will go. keep it in mckenzie.
enoch

Erin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Judged:

sounds as if mckenzie is on its way out. isn't change great?

Mckenzie, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Judged:

tiggerboy wrote:
I thought Ed Perkins owned that property.
Thats what I thought with his much hated daughter
Armadillo

Milan, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>Thats what I thought with his much hated daughter
You are a real piece of flawed work, aren't you?
farm boy

Benton, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2013

rural king great keep in mckenzie.

Mckenzie, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2013

Judged:

Maybe it has to do with the employees..every time gone in there they were rude and acted like bothering when asked a question..have heard them stand around and laugh miimic customers sorry to see people unemployed but maybe will bring in somewhere better cause that place suxed big time

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the McKenzie Forum right now

Search the McKenzie Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
new lake 53 min Jim 9
The mckenzie clinic (Oct '11) 1 hr kayla 150
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 3 hr jarda 8,594
Larry Bolen & Secretary?? 5 hr nobody 14
What do you call a Sunday School Teacher (Mar '12) 9 hr mhmm 5
bobby high (Mar '11) 17 hr nosey 29
DA Hansel McCadams (Aug '11) 23 hr Dr L 58
•••
•••