More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

Jan 2, 2011 | Posted by: Inisa Love | Full story: news.yahoo.com

BEEBE, Ark. Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area.

Comments (Page 306)

Showing posts 6,101 - 6,120 of9,717
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Zap

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6522
Aug 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Old Army wrote:
Hey Zap, sometimes my computer does that, but not lately. Ran that idea about taking Curiosity to Venus by my other brother in law and he said no we could just go to Vegas and pick up some show girls since its not far from the Mohave Desert where it landed. Hummingbird population has increased from three to five here, the bully has met his match. Arkansas has a special 2-week goose season starting Sep 1st with a limit of five. They've got so tame here I could get that many easy, but wife said you shoot em, you clean and cook em. How bout them U.S.A, cleaned the funky Chinamens clock.
Goose hunt with a five iron, you could knock a few into the drink. When I dressed ducks I would just pull up the skin and feathers just under the breast then cut it big enough to get my fingers into, take off the skin & feathers all at the same time by pulling both directions, they will shuck easier if they are still warm, the skin is not good for you anyway, too much fat, & it takes too long to pick one a feather by feather. I know a chicken bone shatters when an animal chews it & causes sharp shards that stick in the intrstines when swallowed by a dog or a cat. I never checked abt goose bones. you could nuke or boil it till its done & pull the meat off the bone. I raised pigeons, I hated the meat so I would do it this way, then feed it back to the other critters. less the bones of course. I just bought 50 lb hog finisher & 50 lb chicken starter grower yesterday 31.30 bucks for total of 100 lb of feed. plus 2.97 tax so it was a total of 34.27 for 100 lbs of feed. when I started with chickens it was 5.50 for a 50 lb bag. this was in the 90's. protein is expensive. maybe romney will give the farmer a tax break after they get their anual 3 percent cost of living raise taken care of. O & the 2 billion monthly fee for frindship in afganistan.
fun

Camden, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6523
Aug 20, 2012
 
way to go
Churmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6524
Aug 21, 2012
 
Zap wrote:
<quoted text>Goose hunt with a five iron, you could knock a few into the drink. When I dressed ducks I would just pull up the skin and feathers just under the breast then cut it big enough to get my fingers into, take off the skin & feathers all at the same time by pulling both directions, they will shuck easier if they are still warm, the skin is not good for you anyway, too much fat, & it takes too long to pick one a feather by feather. I know a chicken bone shatters when an animal chews it & causes sharp shards that stick in the intrstines when swallowed by a dog or a cat. I never checked abt goose bones. you could nuke or boil it till its done & pull the meat off the bone. I raised pigeons, I hated the meat so I would do it this way, then feed it back to the other critters. less the bones of course. I just bought 50 lb hog finisher & 50 lb chicken starter grower yesterday 31.30 bucks for total of 100 lb of feed. plus 2.97 tax so it was a total of 34.27 for 100 lbs of feed. when I started with chickens it was 5.50 for a 50 lb bag. this was in the 90's. protein is expensive. maybe romney will give the farmer a tax break after they get their anual 3 percent cost of living raise taken care of. O & the 2 billion monthly fee for frindship in afganistan.
Ive always fed my dogs chicken bones and never had a problem. I raise pigeons but I never eat them. They are Komnor Tumblers & Birmingham Rollers and We like to watck them fly and tumble. we hardly ever eat a duck or goose. We raise tame rabbitts they are really good eating. The rabbitt pellletts are expensive. I feed rabbitt pelletts mixed with shell corn and hay. Our poultry get a small amount of corn and are free range and eat a lot of bugs & insrcts. We put the table scraps and cull garden produce along with corn and soak it in 5 gallon buckets for a day or two for hog feed. To worm hogs goats etc you can use the leaves & seed of the virgina pepper plant that grows wild in Arkansas. Mix it with cottonseed meal & ground corn for most livestock. But you cant feed cottonseed meal to hogs. I keep a equal mixture of salt,minerals,cottonseed meal out full time for my grazing animals. I put grass seed in the mix in the spring and it will grow in the manure. you an spread bermuda grass really well with this method.
Me and You

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6525
Aug 21, 2012
 

Judged:

1

This is all due to Obamas failed domestic policy! Obama is a liar and must be stopped in November! Obama is dangerous to America!
Old Army

Crossett, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6526
Aug 21, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Wife didn't like the bully hummingbird dive bombing the others so she put another feeder at the other end of our front porch and he can't guard them both. This morning a big bird landed in one of the young maple trees and the hummingbird ran it off! Guess that old saying is true: Its not the size of the bird in the fight, its the size of the fight in the bird.
guest

Forrest City, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6527
Aug 21, 2012
 
dead birds
fifty1fifty

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6528
Aug 22, 2012
 
When did they delete the first post on this thread? Many more are gone too?):
guest

Splendora, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6529
Aug 22, 2012
 
This is such old news ?
Old Army

Crossett, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6530
Aug 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

fifty1fifty wrote:
When did they delete the first post on this thread? Many more are gone too?):
The first post (from January 2, 2011) has not been deleted. Don't go paranoid on us okay?
guest

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6531
Aug 23, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

delete Old Army I say..
Churmudgeon

Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6532
Aug 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

We had a dead bird this morning. When I let then out of their pen. I noticed something had killed one of the ducks. Just ate the head . Completely gone rest of the duck intact. Must have been something smakk to get in the cage, Im thinking a weasel or mink. Ill set some traps tonite.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6533
Aug 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Churmudgeon wrote:
We had a dead bird this morning. When I let then out of their pen. I noticed something had killed one of the ducks. Just ate the head . Completely gone rest of the duck intact. Must have been something smakk to get in the cage, Im thinking a weasel or mink. Ill set some traps tonite.
I had dead birds all over the place yesterday! They were all quail. I shot them and put them in the freezer. I think I'll have quail tonight!
ICEMAN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6534
Aug 23, 2012
 
Lol
Churmudgeon

Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6535
Aug 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I had dead birds all over the place yesterday! They were all quail. I shot them and put them in the freezer. I think I'll have quail tonight!
I have a few quail on my farm. They are indeed good eating. I dont hunt my quail there numbers are few & I like that they eat lots of grasshoppers ticks & other insects.
sparrow

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6536
Aug 23, 2012
 
barbarian
fifty1fifty

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6537
Aug 23, 2012
 
Where is post #1 by drunken master? I guess it shows up on your PC Old swArmy?
Old Army

Crossett, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6538
Aug 23, 2012
 
fifty1fifty wrote:
Where is post #1 by drunken master? I guess it shows up on your PC Old swArmy?
Damn, you're right and I'm wrong. Since you have it memorized, why not just post it again? Is it that important?
fifty1fifty

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6539
Aug 23, 2012
 
Old Army wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn, you're right and I'm wrong. Since you have it memorized, why not just post it again? Is it that important?
History is being erased at this very moment worldwide, even shit about why the Civil War happened, Constitution is wrote in disolving ink so our masters think. Can you dispute?(:
Old Army

Crossett, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6540
Aug 24, 2012
 

Judged:

1

fifty1fifty wrote:
<quoted text>History is being erased at this very moment worldwide, even shit about why the Civil War happened, Constitution is wrote in disolving ink so our masters think. Can you dispute?(:
Nope, I can't dispute that our Republic and our Constitution is under attack by progressives, but I can dispute all the bullshit theories about what killed the blackbirds in Beebe.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6541
Aug 24, 2012
 
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> I have a few quail on my farm. They are indeed good eating. I dont hunt my quail there numbers are few & I like that they eat lots of grasshoppers ticks & other insects.
I feed over 100 Gambels with a deer feeder. I also do not harvest them. No challenge, I hunt the desert and take the dumb ones. LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 6,101 - 6,120 of9,717
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent McGehee Discussions

Search the McGehee Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
AR Who do you support for Governor in Arkansas in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Regular citizen 920
AR Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 7 hr So what 27,918
T.Humphreys/Michael Britt 16 hr lol 5
WalMart Apr 22 Cheese 1
AR Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Arkansas ... (Oct '10) Apr 22 jill birdsall 1,744
Terri Lynn Humphries (Jul '13) Apr 18 Terri Lynn Humphries 41
Police Apr 13 watchout 6
•••
•••
•••
•••

McGehee Jobs

•••
•••
•••

McGehee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••