Comments
101 - 120 of 179 Comments Last updated Feb 5, 2014
I Remember aka CoraBelle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#104
May 18, 2010
 
KY Lady wrote:
No Jerry W. would have been around Jack's age. I think the others involved could be tried for tampering with evidence anyway. The man on Ohio side just happened to be there, I don't think he had anything to do with it. He told a man in Maysville that was a friend of Jack's and that man that he told that to was in court with Jack, said he was behind him and kept going out and getting half pints of Jack Daniels and Jack was so drunk when the trial was over that he had to ask him what the verdict was. Another thing when the fire department went to the car, they opened the passenger door and that woman's head fell off on the ground, the other woman was tied to the steering wheel. The one on passenger side had been shot in the head and was assumed the other one went in alive. I know how this must hurt you, I hope you can get the truth. KY Lady
I am aware of the video that was shown at the trial when they pulled the car out and what happened when they opened the doors. I would like to communicate with you in private. Please go to www.yahoo.com and create a generic email for yourself and send me an email to corabellearmstrong@yahoo.com. I have some things that I know that I have not mentioned yet, and have some additional questions that you may be able to answer as well. Thank you so much for your help and concern. I think I speak for the family when I say, we really appreciate all that you have done. I will watch for your email.
YepYepYep

Catlettsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#105
May 18, 2010
 
Yep-that would prolly be him. His own boy got shot over in the woods with them there other two a few years back over in fleming county. Guess its true bout what goes round comin back round, huh Jack?
tinkerbell wrote:
Is he the jack simpson on maysville jail tracker. I looked this name up on past inmates. Shows him being 66 ?
Melinda

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#106
May 18, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Connie was my mother's sister I never knew her but I have always been told about her and I really don't understnad why people would get on here and talk trash about TWO murder's they have no idea about...Why do most of you for example Ron get on here and act like smartasses when my family and the fannin family have lived with this horrible nightmare for years...And will live with it until the day we die...I believe my family know's what happened to my aunt Connie but there was nothing they could do about it...It's hard to fight with people that think they are above everyone...I believe my grandma thought something would happen to the rest of them if they did more about it but I for one would love to see the people who did these be brought down...I don't believe it will happen though...It is just something that the family's will have to live with the rest of there life's and it is really sad that the law enforcement didn't do a better job in protecting and doing their job's then what they did...If it would have been there family or someone they knew well I am sure they would have but since it wasnt they didn't give a shit...That's all I have to say besides that the people who know nothing about this just need to move on to the next topic because it is really upsetting to get on here and read people talking trash about two women that was loved by many people and that lost their lives...GROW UP AND GET A LIFE to all of you trash talkers
YepYepYep

Catlettsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#108
May 18, 2010
 
I think yer wrong bout all this sweetheart. many of us just wanta help. we know your family has suffered. we also want to see justice.
Melinda wrote:
Connie was my mother's sister I never knew her but I have always been told about her and I really don't understnad why people would get on here and talk trash about TWO murder's they have no idea about...Why do most of you for example Ron get on here and act like smartasses when my family and the fannin family have lived with this horrible nightmare for years...And will live with it until the day we die...I believe my family know's what happened to my aunt Connie but there was nothing they could do about it...It's hard to fight with people that think they are above everyone...I believe my grandma thought something would happen to the rest of them if they did more about it but I for one would love to see the people who did these be brought down...I don't believe it will happen though...It is just something that the family's will have to live with the rest of there life's and it is really sad that the law enforcement didn't do a better job in protecting and doing their job's then what they did...If it would have been there family or someone they knew well I am sure they would have but since it wasnt they didn't give a shit...That's all I have to say besides that the people who know nothing about this just need to move on to the next topic because it is really upsetting to get on here and read people talking trash about two women that was loved by many people and that lost their lives...GROW UP AND GET A LIFE to all of you trash talkers
Sloan

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#109
May 18, 2010
 
There's a post on Vanceburg's topix that said Tiny had it done.
truth

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#110
May 18, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Herfriend wrote:
<quoted text>
Well maybe the other will come clean with what he knows now that he doesn't need to fear Tiny. I know he has children but they might be glad to have their Dad do the right thing now. I know a lot of other people were probably involved but he NEEDS to do the right thing. I know it's eating at him. Connie loved him. He owes her that.
she didnt love him she took something that didnt belong to her and so did the other girl.
Down and out

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#111
May 18, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

Sloan wrote:
There's a post on Vanceburg's topix that said Tiny had it done.
By the way, Tiny died recently. It was always rumored that he had something to do with their disappearance/death.
Richard Fannin

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#112
May 19, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ronin_LLC wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I will take a professional writers who is held accountable for their words over the slanderous hearsay of Topix.
PS to the above poster; I google info on what papers were around at that time and who was on staff and how long the story was followed so that I could go to the library and look at their micro film from the 1980s.
You want a professional writer's opinion call my Mother Jessie Armstrong Mason, for she has hundreds and hundreds of articles of the investigation she has done herself from the time of my Aunt's murder with months after the trial. But you don't want to know the truth. You just want to be a show off and type things that you don't even know, or even care. I can see your a real Man a really Big Man to smear trash on someone's family. Just to let you know your my hero that I have no respect for Big Man. This post is for the family who want's to know the truth about there deceased family. It's not intended for some Big Man to spread his garbage on someone's family in which he don't know want he's talking about.
Richard Fannin

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#113
May 19, 2010
 
Ronin_LLC wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep that's how the American Justice System works: You are guilty until proven innocent and then you are still guilty whether you did it or not because angry rednecks say so.
I am sure the founding fathers would agree with you.
(Note: the has be a sarcastic post to all you slow minded thickies who can barely tie your shoes)
Are you trying to defend one of your family member's of my Aunt's murder, because that's what it sounds like to me. What do you really know sense you know about everything of the case. Please tell us the truth, our family needs closure, for you know everything, Confess to what you know.
KY Lady

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#114
May 19, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

To the family, The women were at Bob's Bar with 2 men named Joe&Frank, Jack&Tiny threatened their lives and drawed a gun on them, they left and thats when Jack&Tiny took them away from there to the Ranch House, Janet was working at Bob's Bar and another waitress Louise Poe, I know Louise could tell you a lot and Janet could also if she would. Jack went to Tennessee to work and Tiny caught up with him, Jack was up high on a building working and saw Tiny and left his job there and went somewhere else. I think David Bailey could tell you a lot, he was one of the owners at Bob's Bar, he lives in Mt.Sterling, last I heard a landscaping buisness. Hope this helps you some. God Bless
family

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#115
May 19, 2010
 
YepYepYep wrote:
Yep-that would prolly be him. His own boy got shot over in the woods with them there other two a few years back over in fleming county. Guess its true bout what goes round comin back round, huh Jack?
<quoted text>
yell that's right his son got shot it will be 11 years this july,but you shouldn't be bring him,or none of the other ones that got shot into this,because his son was nothing like his dad jack simpson,and he also never had much to do with his son,so don't go there,but i hope the families of these women find out the truth!good luck!!
KY Lady

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#116
May 19, 2010
 
To the family, yes Janet lives in Maysville
truth

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#117
May 19, 2010
 
KY Lady wrote:
To the family, The women were at Bob's Bar with 2 men named Joe&Frank, Jack&Tiny threatened their lives and drawed a gun on them, they left and thats when Jack&Tiny took them away from there to the Ranch House, Janet was working at Bob's Bar and another waitress Louise Poe, I know Louise could tell you a lot and Janet could also if she would. Jack went to Tennessee to work and Tiny caught up with him, Jack was up high on a building working and saw Tiny and left his job there and went somewhere else. I think David Bailey could tell you a lot, he was one of the owners at Bob's Bar, he lives in Mt.Sterling, last I heard a landscaping buisness. Hope this helps you some. God Bless
tiny never threatened no one he just took care of the problem...
believe it

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#118
May 19, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

I know Jack Simpson very well and he is a great man funny and nice.yes I would agree that he was a little wild back in his younger days but you people have no right to get on here and slander his name or his dead son whom was a very sweat guy that has nothing to do with any of this. Im sure if Jack was involved the police would have charged him the police are not as dumb or corrupt has you may think. And you say your families have suffered. well, now Jack is an old man has a lovely wife, chidren and grandchildren and bothers no one let it go. let these women RIP as long as you get on a site like this and listen to other peoples trash talk, you are painting an ugly reputation of these 2 women if they had chidren at home what were they doing running to the bars? maybe you should just leave well enough alone. Enjoy the rest of your lives and maybe you will see them again someday.And as for why that one guy that was at meadowview to confess and then died in asland well that is where they send crazy/suicidal people. that is where the psyc ward is.
truthforconnie

League City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#119
May 19, 2010
 

Judged:

2

This forum has run for a little over a week and I have come to the conclusion that it is probably for the best that it end, now. The primary reason for starting the forum was to seek out other possible suspects or motives. It wasnít really intended to go down roads already traveled. It sounds, though, as if many feel the same way about the matter as they always have. Thatís very understandable.
I think that ďbelieve itĒ says some things that make sense in post # 118. Maybe it is best for all of us to go on and enjoy the rest of our lives. For the most part, everyone that I know does that. We have to donít we? It is true, however, that we will never forget. Human sorrow seems to be un-relentless when something is taken from us for reasons we canít understand. The only remedy for that lack of understanding seems to be faith. Faith in God and faith that everything happens for a reason.
For those of you who have posted information in order to help the cause: thank you for your courage. For those that still want to discuss further: I ask that you do it in the privacy of e-mail or some other venue. We truly do not need to continue the discussions from recent posts on Topix. They can only lead to more blaming and ridiculing. We are all better than that. For CoraBelle: Your relentless pursuit of justice is very striking and encourages others to not give up. Thank you so much.
Iím sure everyone, like me, has spent a lot of time reading the posts over the last few days.
Due to those posts, I do have a better understanding of the entire situation. Iím not sure I can say with any more certainty than before what happened on that fateful night. I can say, though, that nobody has forgotten. Thatís important for all of us.
I think this forum has run its productive course. Iím moving on.
WTF

Flemingsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#120
May 20, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

Whatever! What? Are you trying to nominate Jack Simpson for 'sainthood' now or something? Give me a freakin break! You talk of his family and grandchildren. Jeannie and Connie were never given time to have those blessings. They both left behind young sons who were forced to grow up without mothers. How can you get on here and defend such a low life individual? The only reason Jack, and until recently Tiny, is where they are, is because they got by with doing something truly evil to these two women and their families. Many, many, many people have known it since day one. So you go right ahead and tell yourself whatever you need to tell yourself in order to sleep better at night. Just know that if you are sleeping in the same house as Jack, you are lying down next to a (alleged...what a freakin joke) murderer each night when you close your eyes!!!!!!!!!!
believe it wrote:
I know Jack Simpson very well and he is a great man funny and nice.yes I would agree that he was a little wild back in his younger days but you people have no right to get on here and slander his name or his dead son whom was a very sweat guy that has nothing to do with any of this. Im sure if Jack was involved the police would have charged him the police are not as dumb or corrupt has you may think. And you say your families have suffered. well, now Jack is an old man has a lovely wife, chidren and grandchildren and bothers no one let it go. let these women RIP as long as you get on a site like this and listen to other peoples trash talk, you are painting an ugly reputation of these 2 women if they had chidren at home what were they doing running to the bars? maybe you should just leave well enough alone. Enjoy the rest of your lives and maybe you will see them again someday.And as for why that one guy that was at meadowview to confess and then died in asland well that is where they send crazy/suicidal people. that is where the psyc ward is.
Get it Straight

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#121
May 20, 2010
 
To WTF.....if you know something nobody else seems to know, why didn't you come forward with the proof and information at that time????? My guess would be, you're going on all hearsay and fill in the blank. Slander against someone is still against the law and if this isn't slander, then what is it? I've never heard Jack claim to be a saint...drinker, bar room brawler...yes. He's never denied that. But not a murderer. You say many, many, many people have known it since day one...how do they know??? Were they there? If so, why didn't they present the facts at that time? If they weren't there, there is no way they could possibly know. You'd best get your facts straight and watch the slandorous comments or better yet, keep your mouth shut. The Bible says I can't call you a fool...it doesn't speak of moron. Therefore....get the picture?
Fish Food

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#122
May 20, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

believe it wrote:
I know Jack Simpson very well and he is a great man funny and nice.yes I would agree that he was a little wild back in his younger days but you people have no right to get on here and slander his name or his dead son whom was a very sweat guy that has nothing to do with any of this. Im sure if Jack was involved the police would have charged him the police are not as dumb or corrupt has you may think. And you say your families have suffered. well, now Jack is an old man has a lovely wife, chidren and grandchildren and bothers no one let it go. let these women RIP as long as you get on a site like this and listen to other peoples trash talk, you are painting an ugly reputation of these 2 women if they had chidren at home what were they doing running to the bars? maybe you should just leave well enough alone. Enjoy the rest of your lives and maybe you will see them again someday.And as for why that one guy that was at meadowview to confess and then died in asland well that is where they send crazy/suicidal people. that is where the psyc ward is.
He was charged. He just wasn't found guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt. What this guy needs is a 25 cent shotgun shell and a couple of $2 cinder blocks,$5 worth of chain and a boat ride to the river.

His wife can always remarry and his kids can call someone else dad and his grand kids someone else papaw.

That would be justice and "funny and nice."
WTF

Flemingsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#123
May 20, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Do you realize what a complete jackass you sound like defending these men? It has never been a secret in Lewis and Mason counties who the responsible parties were in this case. It was just a matter of no one being brave enough to step forward. We all had children and families that we feared for. What would make us think our family members might not find themselves in another trunk of a car somewhere in the muddy Ohio River, or up some back road? Hindsight is 20/20. I think many of us now realize we should have banded together and somehow 'misplaced' these sorry individuals up one of these lonely, deserted 'back hollars'. But---we are better people than these two men and the likes of their friends. Many of us know God, and we know that in the end, they will have to stand before HIM and justify what they did. The rest of us simply have to sit back, be patient, and wait for it to happen. One down---One to go!
Get it Straight wrote:
To WTF.....if you know something nobody else seems to know, why didn't you come forward with the proof and information at that time????? My guess would be, you're going on all hearsay and fill in the blank. Slander against someone is still against the law and if this isn't slander, then what is it? I've never heard Jack claim to be a saint...drinker, bar room brawler...yes. He's never denied that. But not a murderer. You say many, many, many people have known it since day one...how do they know??? Were they there? If so, why didn't they present the facts at that time? If they weren't there, there is no way they could possibly know. You'd best get your facts straight and watch the slandorous comments or better yet, keep your mouth shut. The Bible says I can't call you a fool...it doesn't speak of moron. Therefore....get the picture?
Get it Straight

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#124
May 20, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Do you realize what a jackass you sound like? Talking about knowing God and all in the same breath judging people. You dontknow anything about God or anything else for that matter. If it
was never a secret in Lewis or Mason County about who was responsible, how did these people know? Let's hear facts,not just ramblings of a lunatic that thinks he knows all the answers. You must have been there, in on it...since you know all the answers. That's the ONLY way you could possibly know without a doubt who the guilty parties were. NO OTHER WAY to be absolutely sure than to have been there. I don't have a clue myself, wasn't there. All I know is this went before the courts, a jury heard all evidence and a jury found these people NOT GUILTY. Thought that's what the justice system was all about...guess not since you are self appointed God, judge and jury and you have judged them guilty. What does that make you??? Certainly not anyone who knows God, as you claim. One down, one to go really sounds like someone who knows God. Talk about a sorry individual.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Maysville Forum right now

Search the Maysville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 29 min ChromiuMan 128,764
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr sure 146,435
Cedarwood Parties 1 hr mr gi 2
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 2 hr LMS 16,119
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 2 hr LMS 1,021
laurel oaks golf 3 hr Earlybird 56
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 3 hr sallygreen 26,195
•••
•••
•••
•••

Maysville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Maysville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Maysville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Maysville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••