Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,721

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Odd-it-see Penelope

United States

#53315 May 27, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
Morning, 5/27/12, Sun begining to bake us, Java, my unsweetened dark joy, Tpx news; Vets, cookouts, family, sinkhole, got it. Ok so I hope the weekend so far has been great for all, trolls excluded.

Anxiously waiting the Olympic Games from London this year. I have seen every opening to every game since I was kicking troll butt back in '65. You knew who the trolls were in the old days, now the cowards hide in the anonymity of cyber space.

Got the smoker seasoned and ready to begin some ribs for this afternoon. For you grill masters working the station, half a bag of charcoal ran the webber 9 hours holding a perfect 225 deg, then began tapering off slowly. Was too easy, so I do recommend it highly so far. Ok have a great remaining weekend.... trolls, Not so much.
Beijing summer games opening ceremony was impressive. I smoked ribs last week, used applewood chips and foil pan filled with apple juice for moist heat--they were yummy!
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#53316 May 27, 2012
Odd-it-see Penelope wrote:
<quoted text>
Beijing summer games opening ceremony was impressive. I smoked ribs last week, used applewood chips and foil pan filled with apple juice for moist heat--they were yummy!
My favorite lighting was the 1992 Barcelona games where the flame was lite by Antonio Rebollo with a flaming arrow, shot with a cheap 50lb recurve made by Martin archery.

Sounds like good ribs you whip up. I also used apple juice in a pan when using indirect heat on the grill, but the Weber smoker sure makes it easier than the grill to maintain that consistant temp. I need some applechips, but will run with hickory this time.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#53317 May 27, 2012
Humm, where is all our pet troll action today. Trolls, I DEMAND you get your stupid butts on here NOW and push the numbers up at least one hundered.

Man it must be nice to be such a stupid troll, all it has to worry about is which imbred relative is bringing home it's next tater tot.
Abeliever

Nashville, TN

#53318 May 27, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
Humm, where is all our pet troll action today. Trolls, I DEMAND you get your stupid butts on here NOW and push the numbers up at least one hundered.
Man it must be nice to be such a stupid troll, all it has to worry about is which imbred relative is bringing home it's next tater tot.
Hello Hempburn, hope you are having a great weekend. We are cooking ribs today too. Waiting for my sister to pick me up so we can go start another fun filled day I thought I would pop on here and see if the sewer trolls enjoyed my post. lol Looks like they did. Sewer crew must have some family since they aren't trolling with their leader. Good for them. They must be enjoying the weekend like you are suppose to. Just another sign that fartman has nothing to live for but troll topix trying to aggravate people. He has a real love for you, Ancient Wolf and me don't it? lol Have a great day!!!

Odd-it-see Penelope

United States

#53319 May 27, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>My favorite lighting was the 1992 Barcelona games where the flame was lite by Antonio Rebollo with a flaming arrow, shot with a cheap 50lb recurve made by Martin archery.

Sounds like good ribs you whip up. I also used apple juice in a pan when using indirect heat on the grill, but the Weber smoker sure makes it easier than the grill to maintain that consistant temp. I need some applechips, but will run with hickory this time.
Been thinking of purchasing a smoker---now you have peaked my consumer interest.
Abeliever

Nashville, TN

#53320 May 27, 2012
Thought I would post another GODvine to cheer them up before I go start another fun filled day:

This is an older video but a GREAT one. We thought anyone who hasn't seen it could use a smile this weekend. Enjoy and God bless :)

Mommy and Doggy Reunite After a Year Apart
What a sweet welcoming this doggy gives her mommy when she comes back from Afghanistan after a year. Praise God for keeping this woman safe and for giving us dogs to love!=)

http://www.godvine.com/Mommy-and-Doggy-Reunit...

I love the ones with the soldiers and their dogs, especially the ones where they rescued them in the desert or the jungle and sent them back home and are reunited when the soldier's tour of duty is over. Gotta love those warriors love for animals. I hope you enjoy this one if you haven't seen it already. God Bless our military. Have a great day, trolls not so much, and I will check in tonight if I am not too tired from so much fun. Enjoy your day Ancient Wolf and Hempburn.
SYL

Russell, KY

#53321 May 27, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Old Mangey Wolf, it's late now. Who gives a big schitt anyway? Don't you have eggs to gather and chickens to molest? Click and get to it.
I bet you know a lot about chicken molesting. You seem to bring it up a lot.
By the way, Satan is having a cook out and you are invited. Be sure to bring all your friends.
PS, did I tell you , you guys will be the BBQ.
Prepper

Midland, MI

#53322 May 27, 2012
Abeliever wrote:
Prepper, I hope you and the family are not in the middle of all this. It is just sad to see in pictures. Wouldn't want to think of all the trees and forest animals gone. Let alone people and their property.
Michigan wildfire in grows to more than 21,000 acres
Michigan Department of Natural Resources via AP
A wildfire in Michigan's Upper Peninsula grew by 17 percent to more than 21,000 acres, May 26, as officials warned of tough conditions and welcomed help from water-dumping aircraft from the Michigan National Guard.
Wind gusts were predicted at 15 m.p.h. and high temperatures were in the 60s in a dry, remote part of the state where access has been tricky because there are few roads. Tahquamenon Falls State Park, a popular destination for campers seven miles from the fire, was closed.
The fire, known as the Duck Lake Fire, was 20% contained in Luce County, about 75 miles northeast of the Mackinac Bridge, the Michigan Department of Natural Resources said. The fire was described as long and narrow, stretching 11 miles north to Lake Superior.
Read more.
http://photoblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/...
Thanks, but we are not even close. There's not enough forest around here to burn that bad.
Prepper

Midland, MI

#53324 May 27, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
My understanding of the Historical background was that when Virginia left the Union, West Virgina left Virginia and remained with the Union and the Hatfields were largely Unionists (but not all). Kentucky being a border state, formed regiments for both sides with much of Eastern Kentucky being pro-Confederate. Again much division even among the McCoy family and the border feud was just more or less a continuation of the prior Civil hostilities and the pig in the garden just fanned the already existing flames.
Kentucky had the most divided loyalities of all states and being a border state with many access points via the rivers, Abraham Lincoln was quoted as having said "I would hope to have GOD on my side, but I must have Kentucky. If I lose Kentucky, I lose the War".
One of the best books I've read on the subject of Kentucky Feuds is "Days of Darkness" by John Ed Pearce. It has been some time, but if I remember right, it seems that many of the feuds were really about power struggles of which family would control the politics of the particular area.

Here is a link to the book on Amazon.com .

http://www.amazon.com/Days-Darkness-Feuds-Eas...

A couple of my favorites were about the Turners of Hazard. My great grandmother was a Turner. And the 100 years war in Clay County and how a participant in that long feud probably was the person that assassinated a Kentucky Governor.

If I remember right, the last well know patriarch of the Clay County feud was a Mr. Howard. My mother told me that back in the 30's or early 40's he came to her house looking for her husband. Her husband was not home when she saw him coming up the hill so she grabbed the rifle and yelled down to him asking what he wanted. He said he was there to see Dickie and Mom said he was not there.

He said he would come up and see for himself but Mom said she did not want him too because she was home alone with her young kids. She told me she knew his reputation and was not sure what he would do if he got the upper hand. He said he was coming to look anyway so Mom shot the tree next to him told him he better not. He stopped for a second and started up the hill again and Mom shot the tree on the other side of him and told him if he came any farther, she would stop shooting at the trees.

After thinking about it for a minute, he turned around and left. I've never heard of any of my immediate family being involved in the feud so that is probably why no more trouble resulted from that confrontation. He was involved in a lot of battles so I don't want it to seem like I am trying to say he was afraid of my Mother. I seriously doubt he was afraid to mix it up with anybody.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#53325 May 27, 2012
Odd-it-see Penelope wrote:
<quoted text>
Been thinking of purchasing a smoker---now you have peaked my consumer interest.
If you are a rib lover, then you know low and slow takes work on a grill tweaking your coals every fifteen minutes or so with indirect heat,, with the weber you can load a full bag of charcoal and it will stay put on 225 or your target temp for about 20 hours +. So load it and forget it until time to lay down the sauce. The Green Egg is a great model too but much more costly.
Cheveyo M

London, KY

#53326 May 27, 2012
Here on the Cherokee reservation my brothers and sisters are dancing a new dance. They are fully awake now. Safe places are revealed to them. The time draws very near they say.
Cheveyo M

London, KY

#53327 May 27, 2012
No one here seems afraid, they laugh at my obvious fear.
They say the Nunne’hi are ridding the "Other" world towards ours to recover their brothers left here long ago. The Nuune'hi are said to bring with them much enlightenment in all things, although many on this world will die as they pass by, in a needed cleansing for the new age soon to come.

I am very aware they are only revealing bits and pieces of what they know, or think they know, to me.

They want me to stay here with them. They fear it isn't safe where I intend to return next week.

They have mentioned that internment camps are ready, put in place by power mad leaders who are in great fear of loosing their control over people in general. They say the road has been chosen to enlightenment, and are celebrating.

These people are either totally nuts....or more "in the know" than I ever imagined.
Time will tell.
Research is the key

Bowling Green, KY

#53328 May 27, 2012
I already knew about this,
The gov didn't hide anything, It's a new thing they had been working on, they tested it onto the birds and few other animals.
You should research on getting into the "Deep Web"
Its a web under the web, holding files that we know nothing of.

If i were you.
Id invest into becoming a scientist or someone important. NOW.
Cheveyo M

London, KY

#53329 May 27, 2012
This simple prayer has been offered up the most;

Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,
look kindly upon the whole human family
take away the arrogance and hatred
which separates us from our brothers.

They say they knew that I was coming. They say I belong here with them, that I have been living "wrong" for too long and must stay.
They treat me as a long lost family member just returned after years away.

I have met a young lady and am very taken with her. Its like we have known each other for years, but we only just met Friday. Weird as it sounds I am starting to wonder if I should stay.
Everything seems ....."right" here, although poverty is very predominate, they are all so happy.
It will be hard to leave them.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#53330 May 27, 2012
@ Chevoyo... go with the heart, a life of poverty is less of a burden when the heart is full. These folks have learned that wealth does not necessarily produce happiness but poverty cannot destroy a full heart.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#53331 May 27, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@ Chevoyo... go with the heart, a life of poverty is less of a burden when the heart is full. These folks have learned that wealth does not necessarily produce happiness but poverty cannot destroy a full heart.
Ah so Arsehopper, don't listen as Old Mangey Wolf Speaks. It's not your heart that speaks. It is the purple headed yogurt slinger. It is caused by a hardening as you get near the woman you have taken a liking to. Take her Beaver hunting and try that thing for size. If you listen to that old crazy fool you will never get laid.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#53332 May 27, 2012
Cheveyo M wrote:
No one here seems afraid, they laugh at my obvious fear.
They say the Nunne’hi are ridding the "Other" world towards ours to recover their brothers left here long ago. The Nuune'hi are said to bring with them much enlightenment in all things, although many on this world will die as they pass by, in a needed cleansing for the new age soon to come.
I am very aware they are only revealing bits and pieces of what they know, or think they know, to me.
They want me to stay here with them. They fear it isn't safe where I intend to return next week.
They have mentioned that internment camps are ready, put in place by power mad leaders who are in great fear of loosing their control over people in general. They say the road has been chosen to enlightenment, and are celebrating.
These people are either totally nuts....or more "in the know" than I ever imagined.
Time will tell.
Just stay there and smoke that pipe with them. It sounds like they have hit on some good schitt.
Why

Morgantown, KY

#53333 May 27, 2012
What is this
lench

Crab Orchard, KY

#53334 May 27, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah so Arsehopper, don't listen as Old Mangey Wolf Speaks. It's not your heart that speaks. It is the purple headed yogurt slinger. It is caused by a hardening as you get near the woman you have taken a liking to. Take her Beaver hunting and try that thing for size. If you listen to that old crazy fool you will never get laid.
You think this thread is bad go to Stanford topix 40484. Read UFO: Missouri witness reports alien-like entity... It's way off topic with some real nuts.

Since: Sep 11

Scottsville, KY

#53335 May 27, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Invaded by Dumb and Dumber.
Yes and they are called the "Regulars".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maysville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Historicallyspeaking 131,882
Timmy Henderson 4 hr WhatIThinkIs 7
what a waist 5 hr loyalroyal 3
Mayor David Cartmell (Dec '12) 6 hr Bjj388 9
Lariah Werline 8 hr Well 3
anyone know JR Dodson? 20 hr Whatever 7
Stolen Items Thu sup 9
Maysville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Maysville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Maysville News, Events & Info