First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Concerned

Cunningham, KY

#1 Jan 29, 2012
I donate to them after I have a yard sale and shop at their store all the time. I went in the other day and noticed they have a nice fountain in the front. I thought that I may buy it but decided to hold off on asking. Next to the fountain was an outfit with a sign on it that read 'outfit not for sale'. I thought how strange that was that they could use donated clothes, not to sell, but to decorate with. I shopped around a while and noticed an armoire I donated some time ago, was used to display purses and shoes. I wondered if maybe they were trying to keep that for themselves for decoration as well. I went to the counter to pay for my items and a lady cut in front of me. She wanted to know if the fountain was for sale. The lady behind the counter told her it was not. The lady then asked if it was a donated item. The lady behind the counter told her, yes, it was. But added it was donated some time ago. I shop in there pretty frequently and had never noticed that fountain for sale before. So I decided to get sneaky. I asked how much the armoire in the back was-the very armoire I had donated for them to sell to make money for charity. The lady got very smart and told me it was NOT FOR SALE. I asked if it, too was a donation item for charity. She told me yes it was. I vowed to never donate there again, if they were going to keep items that were donated to help charity, and would bring good money, to decorate the store. Am I wrong in being very angry about this? Because I think I am completely justified. I thought they were a donation center that sold donated items to help their charity, not a boutique.
guest

AOL

#2 Jan 29, 2012
I think everything that was donated to that store should be sold. If the store wanted the donated items to decorate with then the store should purchase it just like anyone else.
If I am not mistaken the proceeds are suppose to help the J U Kevil Center not the store itself!
A friend of mine that was visting from out of state went in there one day and almost everything she picked up she was told it was not for sale. She too mentioned a very rude woman. She vowed to never go to that store again when she came back for another visit!
robin

Murray, KY

#3 Jan 29, 2012
Concerned wrote:
I donate to them after I have a yard sale and shop at their store all the time. I went in the other day and noticed they have a nice fountain in the front. I thought that I may buy it but decided to hold off on asking. Next to the fountain was an outfit with a sign on it that read 'outfit not for sale'. I thought how strange that was that they could use donated clothes, not to sell, but to decorate with. I shopped around a while and noticed an armoire I donated some time ago, was used to display purses and shoes. I wondered if maybe they were trying to keep that for themselves for decoration as well. I went to the counter to pay for my items and a lady cut in front of me. She wanted to know if the fountain was for sale. The lady behind the counter told her it was not. The lady then asked if it was a donated item. The lady behind the counter told her, yes, it was. But added it was donated some time ago. I shop in there pretty frequently and had never noticed that fountain for sale before. So I decided to get sneaky. I asked how much the armoire in the back was-the very armoire I had donated for them to sell to make money for charity. The lady got very smart and told me it was NOT FOR SALE. I asked if it, too was a donation item for charity. She told me yes it was. I vowed to never donate there again, if they were going to keep items that were donated to help charity, and would bring good money, to decorate the store. Am I wrong in being very angry about this? Because I think I am completely justified. I thought they were a donation center that sold donated items to help their charity, not a boutique.
I quit stopping in their a long time ago. They price their little chipped knick knacks way to high and not chipped higher. No bargains in there for me.
Mrs Jonez

Syracuse, NY

#4 Jan 29, 2012
You all are ridiculous! So this is what people do when they are bored?? Haahaa who you gonna talk about next week?
It's not YOUR world, this is petty bullshit! Stop donating and by all means shop somewhere else!
No need to try and trash a business because it's not ran like you want it to be ran!
Buy some books and take up reading instead of bashing ppl!
kodiak

Mayfield, KY

#5 Jan 29, 2012
The store has gone to s..t. They are e-baying in the back of the store. They can make $500,000 a YEAR by e-bay. So sad for the locals who need to buy. Everyone needs to support our local economy, not The Kevil Center.
Concerned

Cunningham, KY

#6 Jan 29, 2012
Mrs Jonez wrote:
You all are ridiculous! So this is what people do when they are bored?? Haahaa who you gonna talk about next week?
It's not YOUR world, this is petty bullshit! Stop donating and by all means shop somewhere else!
No need to try and trash a business because it's not ran like you want it to be ran!
Buy some books and take up reading instead of bashing ppl!
This is simply a way to make others aware of what their charitable donations are being used for, not a way to 'bash people out'. This is a big issue for me, as I and many others are donating our goods to be sold to be put to good use in the community. Clearly, they are not, and I am making that fact known. I am sure many people who try to buy locally and stimulate our economy would like to know about things like this happening.
Mrs. Jonez

Washington, DC

#7 Jan 30, 2012
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>This is simply a way to make others aware of what their charitable donations are being used for, not a way to 'bash people out'. This is a big issue for me, as I and many others are donating our goods to be sold to be put to good use in the community. Clearly, they are not, and I am making that fact known. I am sure many people who try to buy locally and stimulate our economy would like to know about things like this happening.
Topix is nothing but trash talk, that is why you are hiding behind a fake name like myself! personally I would not tell anyone I view Topix. A local club I belong to had a discussion about Topix, First I heard about it. People with class don't even get on here and if they do NOTHING is taken seriously!
I am a business owner, I check Topix every few days to see what businesses are being lied about.
You can bet I will do everything in my power to have those exposed if it should and will sue for slander! Yes, it has been done. People can be tracked by their ISP address!
So keep on posting BS behind your fake name, unless you go speak to the manager, you have no idea what's going on!
I guess you are the only one in the area that owned a ???? Whatever it was you were bitchin about!
Have a great day, I personally will keep on donating and shopping and have already printed out your post and I am taking it with me!! Hope they are able to figure out who you are!
Maybe they will give your donated items back! I sure would!
blue82

Cunningham, KY

#8 Jan 30, 2012
Im so confused, if people with class dont get on here is "Mrs Jonez" admitting to being classless? And since people are hiding behind fake names does that mean that Jones is really spelled with a Z? Anyways, I also donate lots of items to this store and I have also been very unhappy for a while over the fact that not all donated items are for sale. Mrs JoneZ I think that you should take a print out of all this up there for them to read. Maybe they will see the error in their wayZ of doing busineZZ. You could be the one to solve our problem, and that would make you our hero instead of the asshole of this topic.
Mrs Jonez

United States

#9 Jan 30, 2012
blue82 wrote:
Im so confused, if people with class dont get on here is "Mrs Jonez" admitting to being classless? And since people are hiding behind fake names does that mean that Jones is really spelled with a Z? Anyways, I also donate lots of items to this store and I have also been very unhappy for a while over the fact that not all donated items are for sale. Mrs JoneZ I think that you should take a print out of all this up there for them to read. Maybe they will see the error in their wayZ of doing busineZZ. You could be the one to solve our problem, and that would make you our hero instead of the asshole of this topic.
I think you should go do your bizness at Salvation Army! You sound like an uneducated piece of trash shit! All that bull shit that you donated at Kevil had to be thrown out! Nasty, dirty and full of roaches!
And of course I have no class, I'm posting on Topix right? And you are to!
See ya trashy bitch! LMAO
I Know

London, KY

#10 Jan 30, 2012
I have shopped at Kevil Korner for many years.When they first opened they were very friendly and helpful.But after they did their remodel to the store they have become very rude toward anyone that shops there and wearing "everyday" kind of clothes. They seem to want to cater to a more "upper class" type of customer.I am not sure why they choose to act like that since everyone's money spends the same. I have noticed that they have less and less to sell each time I have gone in there, yet if you are near the doors to the back room when they open, it seems to be filled to the ceiling with items.And the funny thing is those items never seem to make their way to the front to be sold. Just an observation on my part,but shouldn't a place that is supposed to be there to make money actually be friendly to customers that choose to shop there?
the one

Mayfield, KY

#11 Jan 31, 2012
I collect and deal only a handful of things that use to be easy to get here at kevils or any thrift store now once I go in there the supply is limited and the prices are full blown retail or market value this is a thrift store that is here to help the community the main problem that I have with this place is that these things are donations to charity not to the ladies running the place they pick thru everything to get what they want alot of the stuff that comes in the backdoor also leaves out the backdoor it never reaches the floor and if it does it's marked up to high there is no good deals in there once in a blue moon I might find something in there worth a crap and that's only because the ladies simply over looked it or it wasn't good enough for them but that's once in a blue moon most the time the stuff there trying to sell on the floor belongs in the city dump
blue82

Cunningham, KY

#12 Jan 31, 2012
Oh how I have looked forward to seeing what type of rebuttal that you Mrs. Jonez would have for me. I knew that it would be some white trash classless comment, and by far you didnt disappoint me. You have really showed me and put me in my place by talking about roaches and what not. However you did it all while trying to bash the Salvation Army, classy! You are truly very funny and have added much laughter to my day. Thanks for spreading joy to all of those who are reading this. Did you do as I suggested and try to fix our little problem by showing them this post? I sure hope so. Anyways, I just wanted to add one more suggestion to the mix while I was at it. The next time that you want to call someone out by saying that they are uneducated, maybe you should try using your spell check first. The word "and" never starts a sentence and "to" should be changed to "too" when used as an adverb. Looks like someone else isn't real smart either huh? This will be my last post to you, I refuse to continue on with this meaningless confrontation. You however will probably continue on, and thats fine because you will be the one making an ass out of yourself from this point on. Have a great day and thanks again for the laugh.
Charity

Mayfield, KY

#13 Jan 31, 2012
I agree that KK is over priced & rude!! I will shop Heart to Hand & Goodwill and even Annie Gardner before I will go in KK!! They post the pictures of all the ones "caught stealing" well they need to put the cameras in the back & watch employees. PLUS, did anyone notice that the attitude & atmosphere changed right around the time all that America's Got Talent stuff was going on?? NOT BLAMING SKINNER, but it seems like they got a bit uppity after that. If Mayfield wants good deals & friendly service, then shop Goodwill & Heart To Hand. Even the Latino lady in H2H is friendlier than the women at KK. Never failed to be greeted with a smile & offer of assistance at H2H!!

Since: Jan 12

Clifty, KY

#14 Jan 31, 2012
This site is no better than gossipping to people, the comments that have facts to back them up, and a fair judgement are given negative judgements; and all the crap talk and gossip that is completely fake has all the positive judgement. Seems to me the people that are starting crap can't find anything good to gossip about in their own life, and must slander and ruin someone else's to get entertainment.

Does anyone know how many people would call or drive to KK just to see and speak to Skinner? The director that oversees the store made MANY complaints about it, and most of the items in the store are looked over, judged to be 'too trashy', until they are used in the displays. The items in the displays are not for sale, but as soon as the display changes the items go back out on the shelves. The large items that are used to display items are the only way to spruce up the store so the 'I'm too good to shop here, but don't have the social standing or money to go somewhere better' people, which is most of the people complaining about the store, will take notice of stuff for sale, who wants to shop in a store that is completely barren and where all the items are piled in heaps on the floor?
over priced

Murray, KY

#15 Jan 31, 2012
the one wrote:
I collect and deal only a handful of things that use to be easy to get here at kevils or any thrift store now once I go in there the supply is limited and the prices are full blown retail or market value this is a thrift store that is here to help the community the main problem that I have with this place is that these things are donations to charity not to the ladies running the place they pick thru everything to get what they want alot of the stuff that comes in the backdoor also leaves out the backdoor it never reaches the floor and if it does it's marked up to high there is no good deals in there once in a blue moon I might find something in there worth a crap and that's only because the ladies simply over looked it or it wasn't good enough for them but that's once in a blue moon most the time the stuff there trying to sell on the floor belongs in the city dump
Exactly!!! That is why I stopped going in there several years. The most overpriced thrift store I have ever been in. Not going back and don't recommend it. The good stuff never makes it out on the floor for sale. And if it does it is priced way to high!!!!
over priced

Murray, KY

#16 Jan 31, 2012
Charity wrote:
I agree that KK is over priced & rude!! I will shop Heart to Hand & Goodwill and even Annie Gardner before I will go in KK!! They post the pictures of all the ones "caught stealing" well they need to put the cameras in the back & watch employees. PLUS, did anyone notice that the attitude & atmosphere changed right around the time all that America's Got Talent stuff was going on?? NOT BLAMING SKINNER, but it seems like they got a bit uppity after that. If Mayfield wants good deals & friendly service, then shop Goodwill & Heart To Hand. Even the Latino lady in H2H is friendlier than the women at KK. Never failed to be greeted with a smile & offer of assistance at H2H!!
I agree with you. I went to Heart to Hand and got some good deals and spent $30.00 just the other day. JU Kevil is not getting my money, they are to high, way overpriced. But I will definitely keep going to Heart to Hand.
over priced

Murray, KY

#17 Jan 31, 2012
Sabella wrote:
This site is no better than gossipping to people, the comments that have facts to back them up, and a fair judgement are given negative judgements; and all the crap talk and gossip that is completely fake has all the positive judgement. Seems to me the people that are starting crap can't find anything good to gossip about in their own life, and must slander and ruin someone else's to get entertainment.
Does anyone know how many people would call or drive to KK just to see and speak to Skinner? The director that oversees the store made MANY complaints about it, and most of the items in the store are looked over, judged to be 'too trashy', until they are used in the displays. The items in the displays are not for sale, but as soon as the display changes the items go back out on the shelves. The large items that are used to display items are the only way to spruce up the store so the 'I'm too good to shop here, but don't have the social standing or money to go somewhere better' people, which is most of the people complaining about the store, will take notice of stuff for sale, who wants to shop in a store that is completely barren and where all the items are piled in heaps on the floor?
Skinner has nothing to do with this discussion.

Since: Jan 12

Clifty, KY

#18 Jan 31, 2012
Thank Charity for bring him in, I'm stating facts.

Since: Jan 12

Clifty, KY

#19 Jan 31, 2012
It sounds to me that all those people claiming to have abandoned Kevil to shop other places are actually banned from the store; why would someone who willingly changed stores be so obssessed with Kevil is doing now. I bet that most of the people complaining have been banned either because of in-store theft, on-camera theft, unauthorized price changes on items, dumping, or because of the trouble they cause the employees and other customers. Life isn't like Burger King, you don't always get it YOUR way, fuss and gripe all you want it CAN not and WILL not change that lesson in life.
gilly

Bellevue, WA

#20 Jan 31, 2012
kevil corner is high priced they have things from dollar tree for 5 bucks and i have picked up items marked 25 cents from a yard sale that they have priced for 6 dollars .the clothes are ratty and dirty the jeans are 6 bucks a pair i can get new ones for 11,their store is dirty and overpriced. goodwill is the best thrift store,clean and reasonably priced.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amish Chicks : hot or not (Sep '12) 2 min jimmy kiem 68
(game) Name a Hard working man in Mayfield? th... 3 min got to have him 6
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 6 hr annomys0000 512
Tonya Trull 6 hr HELLO 2
Laken Pittman (Dec '12) 10 hr HELLO 10
Black and White dating? (Sep '10) 10 hr HELLO 129
Stilhaus Kitchens Reviews 12 hr rososoto 1
Mayfield Dating
Find my Match

Mayfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Mayfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Mayfield

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:04 pm PST

NBC Sports 8:04PM
Chris Long appears likely to return for Rams this week
NBC Sports 5:57 AM
Report: Indy ready for "remote possibility" of Rams game moving
NBC Sports 9:35 AM
NFL: Rams-Raiders will remain in St. Louis
Bleacher Report12:08 PM
Betting Odds, Prediction for Raiders vs. Rams
Bleacher Report11:09 PM
Full Rams Preview for Raiders Game