Elviria

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2009

my husband and i went to the dinner bell sunday and again today,does the chapman man still own it or does it have new owners.the food and the service was terrible both times,
mayfield go

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2009

yes he does...he also owns midtown
Mrs John Doe

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2009

Don't know about the food or service but the last time I was there was to catch my then husband messing with one of the employees. They are married now. I am doing much better and on my way to a better life. thanks Dinner Bell.
MercyMe

Mayfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2009

Last time I was there, the food was nasty and the place was nasty......Fristoes is a nasty restaurant too, the food is fair.....what ever happened to health dept inspectors?????? Back in the day, inspectors used to come around monthly and check these restaurants out? If what your eyes see in the dining room is nasty, I have to wonder what filth is hidden in the kitchen !????? We just quit going all together !
OMG

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2009

I was in the dinner bell one time eating a buffet meal and the ppl was lined up at the buffet table coughing and sneezing over the food. It was horrible I completely lost my appetite. yes both of those restaurants are unsanitary I am for sure they would not pass a health inspection. And that is sad that they have dedicated customers eating in that environment. And ppl wonder why everybody has the dang swine flu and other stuff.
Not Really

Hazel, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2009

These post are transparent. I smell an unhappy ex-employee. I been to both Midtown and Dinner Bell many times, didn't see anything really wrong at either place. They have their inspections posted in plain view, or Midtown did at one time because I saw it. There's a sneeze guard at Dinner Bell - or was last time I was in there. Neither place was dirty, jut old. Hell, Midtown is like a Mayfield landmark.
countryfan

Boaz, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2009

I have never worked at either place. I also won't eat at either place! They are not just old they are not clean! If you enjoy eating there...thats fine I could care less. Just don't blame "hard feelings" when someone had a different opinion! As for employees some are okay...some I wouldn't want handling my food.
OMG

Mayfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2009

Judged:

Not Really wrote:
These post are transparent. I smell an unhappy ex-employee. I been to both Midtown and Dinner Bell many times, didn't see anything really wrong at either place. They have their inspections posted in plain view, or Midtown did at one time because I saw it. There's a sneeze guard at Dinner Bell - or was last time I was in there. Neither place was dirty, jut old. Hell, Midtown is like a Mayfield landmark.
Well I know for a fact I have never worked in either damn places I have ate them though. And if you call a piece of glass being a roof over the food a shield you are crazy! That is a damn roof when someone sneezes/cough's that shit goes everywhere, and then they turn right around and grab a handle on a spoon and gice their germs to the next. And if you call either place clean I just wonder what your house looks like cause neither are very clean. I don't recall brown ceilings and nasty bathrooms and floors and bugs all in window seals clean. Just b/c they have state inspection signs up means nothing. Everyone knows that the business is warned before they come that is when they start doing the proper cleaning in order to maintain their license. Any genius that has ever worked in food knows that.

Since: Oct 09

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2009

my sister said she knows 3 x-employees that are now working at majestic steak house,sis said chapmans wife treats there employees like dirt.
Not Really

Hazel, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2009

Judged:

OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I know for a fact I have never worked in either damn places I have ate them though. And if you call a piece of glass being a roof over the food a shield you are crazy! That is a damn roof when someone sneezes/cough's that shit goes everywhere, and then they turn right around and grab a handle on a spoon and gice their germs to the next. And if you call either place clean I just wonder what your house looks like cause neither are very clean. I don't recall brown ceilings and nasty bathrooms and floors and bugs all in window seals clean. Just b/c they have state inspection signs up means nothing. Everyone knows that the business is warned before they come that is when they start doing the proper cleaning in order to maintain their license. Any genius that has ever worked in food knows that.
Typical response from a typical woman in mayfield. First you call me crazy, then question how clean my house is, and then say that everythings rigged, all because I had the nerve to not agree with you. Go spew your venom and conspiracy theories all over somebody else. See Ya (but hopefully not at the Dinner Bell or MidTown ha, ha)!
Not Really

Hazel, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2009

elviria wrote:
my sister said she knows 3 x-employees that are now working at majestic steak house,sis said chapmans wife treats there employees like dirt.
I agree that I've heard she is hard on her help and hard to work for.
USA

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2009

Judged:

I HAVE WORKED THERE AND IF YOU SEEN HOW FOOD WAS DONE. you WOULD NEVER eat there again.They are going to kill someone with the seafood. It sits out for two days and then what is not used is refoze and pulled out for the next weekend. Choice is yous to eat there AND GOOD LUCK!!!
Not Really wrote:
Not Really

Hazel, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2009

countryfan wrote:
I have never worked at either place. I also won't eat at either place! They are not just old they are not clean! If you enjoy eating there...thats fine I could care less. Just don't blame "hard feelings" when someone had a different opinion! As for employees some are okay...some I wouldn't want handling my food.
Dinner Bell and MidTown - Clean Enough For A County Girl!
hillbilly

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2009

LOL, does Robert Mayfield still cook at Mid-town?

Since: Oct 09

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2009

Not Really wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that I've heard she is hard on her help and hard to work for.
sis also said the best waitress they ever had just quit cause she was on her all the time about stupid stuff,wonder if she went to majestic too
yup

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2009

i like the longhorn's buffet 5.99 including drink,its clean and tastes good. i hate dinnerbell we ate there an it was nasty as hell.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2009

Hey,
Don't complain about it do something about it turn them in to the health dept.
laughing

Mayfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2009

<tt>"I was in the dinner bell one time eating a buffet meal and the ppl was lined up at the buffet table coughing and sneezing over the food. It was horrible I completely lost my appetite. yes both of those restaurants are unsanitary I am for sure they would not pass a health inspection. And that is sad that they have dedicated customers eating in that environment. And ppl wonder why everybody has the dang swine flu and other stuff. "</tt>

i don't read many of these posts or threads XD (and probably due to reasons like this and "OMG's" response...lord knows all this town is talk anyway because there's nothing else to do but to complain...so who could blame you?). I've never eaten in the restaurant and often order take out. I've observed nothing different than any restaurant than I've ever witness. You must live in a damn bubble because no offense, but this is everywhere. I've eaten at Mid-Town a couple of times. I've never had any complaints with the cleanliness in either establishment. I'm just laughin my ass off. Of course...:P. you are entitled to your opinion, but that doesn't justify how it isn't B.S. health inspections are a must and I'm sure they both would've been shut down long ago, with many other restaurants in this town. don't get me started on those.

have a great day :P
- C
Kentucky Bound

Manteo, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2009

All of you complainers must be great cooks or chefs,so why eat out?
laughing

Mayfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2009

it sure sounds like it from their posts, eh?:P

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

17 Users are viewing the Mayfield Forum right now

Search the Mayfield Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min Jay 146,845
Illegals stay out of Mayfield KY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 9 min Goku14 35
GCSD'S on Channel 6 at 10pm 37 min Really 1
Mayfielf football 1 hr Big Card 3
Shawna Morris vs Kelly Lunsford 1 hr Just Nasty 5
feral cats 2 hr Coal 14
Charlotte Austin 3 hr Murray 1
Who is the gorgeous woman with the nice jugs, o... 3 hr funny 12
Misbehaving Teachers 8 hr Fed Up 24