Comments
1 - 20 of 50 Comments Last updated May 26, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
tim

Mayfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jun 11, 2011
 
I was wondering what they will wear when they go to jail.Because they have orange jumpsuits to wear in jail.Which if it was one of us caught with reckless driving that many times we would have been in jail thats the same thing. Do they have to get driving license?
soul whisperer

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jun 11, 2011
 
Umm yea the Amish Wud wear the same jump suits ad everyone else.don't understand why they wouldn't??this seems like a boring topic.bye.
Here again

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jun 11, 2011
 
Tim------They were not caught driving wreckless, they were cited for not displaying the orange triangle. No they do not get a drivers license, the do not drive motorized vehicles and they won't wear the orange jumpsuits, they will wear their clothes. And why would you care.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jun 11, 2011
 
They own a horse.
Comment

Mayfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jun 11, 2011
 
They don't have social security numbers, they don't have drivers license, some may have ID card but I'm betting this Amish order does not. This order is the most strict, most fundamental, of all the Amish orders. Think the paper said some black jumpsuits had been ordered for them for jail time because they won't pay the fine. It's a shame something couldnt have been found to put on the buggies that would have worked for both sides.
Comment

Mayfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jun 11, 2011
 
They don't allow pictures of themselves to be taken and they refuse medicine in general, even life saving antibiotics and blood transfusions. I think this will be the end of the Amish in this area. I don't see how it could be otherwise. The work is almost to hard for the women to do alone, especially the field work, and the men are going to spend most of their time in jail. How will the court handle it when they find one of the women or a child driving the buggy? Just my opinion but I believe they will move on because they can't have a life here without being in jail all the time. Something for the non-Amish to think about to.
soul whisperer

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jun 11, 2011
 
It really sickens me that after centuries damn common wealth decides to mess with the amish,I've never heard of them causing any trouble and all....not saying that they deserve special treatment or anything. They deserve to be left alone, I mean this is the home of freedom,right.
SpiritoftheHawk

Newbern, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jun 11, 2011
 
Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..

So we add another piss stain on the Bill of Rights in the name of safety and freedom.

Good think the Pilgrims don't try to establish here now, so much for freedom to worship how one sees fit.

To the Amish, the color orange and the triangle are BOTH against their faith.

They have offered to compromise with a large amount of white reflector tape...why is this offer ignored?

Come on, let them be...they are damn good, damn hard working people. The way things are going, I think in a decade or so we will have to turn to them to teach us what we forgot about farming without machinery...
soul whisperer

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jun 11, 2011
 
SpiritoftheHawk wrote:
Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..

So we add another piss stain on the Bill of Rights in the name of safety and freedom.

Good think the Pilgrims don't try to establish here now, so much for freedom to worship how one sees fit.

To the Amish, the color orange and the triangle are BOTH against their faith.

They have offered to compromise with a large amount of white reflector tape...why is this offer ignored?

Come on, let them be...they are damn good, damn hard working people. The way things are going, I think in a decade or so we will have to turn to them to teach us what we forgot about farming without machinery...
Hmmm u mag be right...by golly I hope not...hats off to u Amish...only wish h all wore sometype of deodorant..I've worked with a few...that's how I know lol.
THIS IS MY OPINION

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jun 11, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Comment wrote:
They don't have social security numbers, they don't have drivers license, some may have ID card but I'm betting this Amish order does not. This order is the most strict, most fundamental, of all the Amish orders. Think the paper said some black jumpsuits had been ordered for them for jail time because they won't pay the fine. It's a shame something couldnt have been found to put on the buggies that would have worked for both sides.
They use 109" of reflective tape that is black duing the day and showes white at night. The triagle they want them to use is only 97" and don't show up at night as big and the tape they use. It is just the police wanting to harass someone.
THIS IS MY OPINION

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jun 11, 2011
 
soul whisperer wrote:
Umm yea the Amish Wud wear the same jump suits ad everyone else.don't understand why they wouldn't??this seems like a boring topic.bye.
No you are wrong there, the jail ordered black jump suits, and anther thing lean how to type and spell if you are going to make an ignorant comment.
lol

Mayfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jun 11, 2011
 
It seems you need to learn how to type. I mean, after all you misspelled learn, lol.
soul whisperer

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jun 11, 2011
 
THIS IS MY OPINION wrote:
<quoted text>No you are wrong there, the jail ordered black jump suits, and anther thing lean how to type and spell if you are going to make an ignorant comment.
Lol . Ok man calm ya ass down. No one cares that you passed english class.....I just know I'm done paying for the po po "s. House payments and new cars ect. Ya all know that sob. Jason Luger? That looks like the terminator? Man I swear he's a prick if I ever met a ass hole cop.tries to be friends wit ya...but tries to catch ya riding dirty when he sees u again... Swear they get off on hassling people.don't intimidate me none,just pisses me off. They try to push your buttons it seems.I mean isn't the jails already full!?
SpiritoftheHawk

Newbern, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jun 11, 2011
 
It might help if the next time the Amish had a hearing some of us came out in support...

Doesn't the government take away enough religious freedoms already? When do we draw the line????
soul whisperer

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jun 11, 2011
 
SpiritoftheHawk wrote:
It might help if the next time the Amish had a hearing some of us came out in support...

Doesn't the government take away enough religious freedoms already? When do we draw the line????
...sigh sad too say my friend no matter where we as citizens draw the line,we will always be disrespected by common wealth ...guess lines are meant to be crossed now adays..... But yea it sure would help if we did support the amish.. I Wud be there with them.
Leave the Amish alone

Elgin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jun 11, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

I know it's a hard concept for many in the area to grasp, but the Amish have just as much right to their religious freedoms as anybody else. It sounds like the Amish are complying with the "worldly" within comfortable limits of their own faith. Besides, it would be a service to EVERYBODY of any and all faiths to slow down, pay complete attention to the road, put both hands on the wheel, put down the cell phones, and stop driving like bats out of hades for the safety of ourselves and everybody else on the roads. Slow down and pay attention to driving like you're supposed to do, and this wouldn't be such a big issue.
Leave the Amish alone

Elgin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jun 11, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

Remember how kind the Amish were toward the non-Amish during the ice storm? How quickly people forget! Repaying their kindness by putting them in jail is despicable.
SpiritoftheHawk

Newbern, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jun 11, 2011
 
How do i find out if they have to be in court? I will try to show up to support them.
soul whisperer

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jun 11, 2011
 
Wow didnt know they helped out during the ice storm...more reason to support them.they r Gods people as well. Don't how to find out....I'm pretty sure te court house is going to be helpful though.
SpiritoftheHawk

Newbern, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jun 11, 2011
 
soul whisperer wrote:
Wow didnt know they helped out during the ice storm...more reason to support them.they r Gods people as well. Don't how to find out....I'm pretty sure te court house is going to be helpful though.
Yep, one thing they did was to take hot meals to the shut-ins....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

56 Users are viewing the Mayfield Forum right now

Search the Mayfield Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 13 min DITCH MITCH 146,155
Need a new stylist 1 hr Hair help 1
Vandalism 1 hr hey 5
school 1 hr juls 1
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 2 hr thispost1912 1,011
Misbehaving Teachers 2 hr Be Proactive 16
GC recruiting players 3 hr Fan 1
•••
•••
•••
Mayfield Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Mayfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Mayfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Mayfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Mayfield
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••