"Being Gay is a Gift from God"

May 3, 2011 | Posted by: Rick in Kansas | Full story: www.toledoonthemove.com

Local church hopes pro-gay billboard will bring about tolerance

If you’ve driven down Monroe St. recently you may have stopped and did a double-take when you saw one message pop up on the electronic billboard. The message reads “Being Gay is a Gift from God.”

Comments
2,261 - 2,280 of 2,328 Comments Last updated Jan 15, 2014
UK Gay

UK

#2544 Dec 3, 2013
Ive read a number of posts and am quite relieved that hate and vile attitudes towards fellow human beings are alive and well in the the Christian world. One day those haters will realise God doesn't exist, all religion is cult control of the masses and when you die you die, lights out, life completed, the end. You will not even realise your petty life full of hate was wasted.

Peace and love to everyone x
jason norris

Wigan, UK

#2545 Dec 3, 2013
in that case give your gift to another infected deviant and leave normal people alone.
UK Gay

UK

#2546 Dec 3, 2013
jason norris wrote:
in that case give your gift to another infected deviant and leave normal people alone.
Where did you get your life's values from? The book of hate and hypocrisy? Pmsl
UK Gay

UK

#2547 Dec 3, 2013
Kesla15 wrote:
As a gay teen (ignoring the braindead moron above me) I don't believe that being gay is a gift from any deity. Considering I don't believe in God, or hold any faith in religion, considering the hateful nature it has towards many minority groups.
I don't see being gay as a hinderance, or a boon. It's simply a neutral characteristic, like being brunette, or blue-eyed, or black. It's just a factor in life I have to deal with, and I just find it a shame that not every has the intelligence to understand it.
I reckon i'm about 200 years before my time, hopefully the dinosaurs of intellectual thinking will die out and hatred will too.
I couldn't agree more x
80sCBB

United States

#2550 Dec 4, 2013
Frank Stanton wrote:
I too have also believed for a long time that being gay is a Gift from God.
Being ignorant though, isn't.
It could be, I don't know. I just don't understand homosexuality.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Peoples Bushes, Arizona

#2551 Dec 4, 2013
80sCBB wrote:
<quoted text>
It could be, I don't know. I just don't understand homosexuality.
Frank Stanton is BACK !

:)
80sCBB

United States

#2553 Dec 4, 2013
Don't know who Frank Stanton is.... I don't know about it being a curse from hell... Definitely a mental illness though.

“ WOOF ! ”

Peoples Bushes, Arizona

#2554 Dec 4, 2013
Florida Gator wrote:
Being gay is a curse from heII
You obviously never had a cutieboy !

“ WOOF ! ”

Peoples Bushes, Arizona

#2556 Dec 4, 2013
Florida Gator wrote:
<quoted text>
Mental illness doesn't run in my family
Neither do cutieboys apparently !:(
lee

UK

#2561 Dec 5, 2013
Hmmmm being a gay..is a gift from god? I dont really get that!!! Erm So what is being straight? U do wot eva u want behind closed doors..as long as i dnt see it..it doesn't bother me..but give me a woman or women anytime. U ought to take a walk dwn "Canal st" Manchester..you'll be at home there..(shivers at the thought of c-ing 2-men kissing yuk but thats there choice) But if god wanted you to be gay..or..Males/females..How the hell wud the universe excist? Thru No births?? Hmmmm Think you got that wrong..Its a choice..Not a gift frm god.The only gift from god..IS LIFE ITSELF..YOU DECIDE WHAT PATH YOU TAKE?

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#2562 Dec 5, 2013
lee wrote:
Hmmmm being a gay..is a gift from god? I dont really get that!!! Erm So what is being straight? U do wot eva u want behind closed doors..as long as i dnt see it..it doesn't bother me..but give me a woman or women anytime. U ought to take a walk dwn "Canal st" Manchester..you'll be at home there..(shivers at the thought of c-ing 2-men kissing yuk but thats there choice) But if god wanted you to be gay..or..Males/females..How the hell wud the universe excist? Thru No births?? Hmmmm Think you got that wrong..Its a choice..Not a gift frm god.The only gift from god..IS LIFE ITSELF..YOU DECIDE WHAT PATH YOU TAKE?
I always like hearing from someone who never made a choice about what gave them a hard on, come on here and claim that everyone else made a choice at some point.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#2563 Dec 5, 2013
lee wrote:
Hmmmm being a gay..is a gift from god? I dont really get that!!!...
If that is what you want to pray, you go right ahead, but as for the rest of us, we know better. Everybody's sexual orientation is a gift from God, what you do with the one you are blessed with is the ONLY choice we get in that matter.

PS, it's nobody's fault but your own that you just don't get it.
Imdianboy

UK

#2564 Dec 5, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>I always like hearing from someone who never made a choice about what gave them a hard on, come on here and claim that everyone else made a choice at some point.
Erm can you repeat but this time,try to make sense of what ur trying to say? If your here just for an argument..Then..Dont Bother!!! Save it for someone else. jeeese.
jason norris

Blackburn, UK

#2565 Dec 5, 2013
just as AIDS is a gift as well.
Imdianboy

UK

#2566 Dec 5, 2013
I agree with what Lee has said..think your just lkn for a sad argument Dnf ..think i got right? lol Whats your fav Indian Curry?

DNF

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#2567 Dec 5, 2013
jason norris wrote:
just as AIDS is a gift as well.
It could be if the gift is the lesson of compassion. Obviously you didn't understand the lesson plan.

DNF

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#2568 Dec 5, 2013
Imdianboy wrote:
I agree with what Lee has said..think your just lkn for a sad argument Dnf ..think i got right? lol Whats your fav Indian Curry?
When it comes to sad arguments I knew when I picked you I'd found the right person for the job. Congratulations.
Krypteia

East Grinstead, UK

#2572 Dec 5, 2013
No such thing as gay it's laziness..

DNF

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#2573 Dec 5, 2013
jxxzz wrote:
No such thing as gay. And being homosexual is not a gift from God it is a choice made by sissy men.
So of course you speak from personal experience?

Decided one day that all those woodies you popped in Jr. High showers were a choice did you?
the truth is

Moncton, Canada

#2574 Dec 5, 2013
gift from god? i dont think so

62% of HIV-positive American men admit they have UNPROTECTED sex

62 per cent of those with HIV said they had had unprotected anal sex with a male partner, according to report

The report by The Centres for Disease Control, released last week, said unprotected anal sex increased from 2005 to 2011
Only 67 per cent of sexually-active men who have male sex partners reported getting an HIV test in the past year

More than half of American men with HIV have admitted to having unprotected anal sex with a male partner in the last year.

According to a report by The Centres for Disease Control (CDC) released last week, 62 per cent of those who self-reported being HIV-positive said they had done so.

The report, HIV Testing and Risk Behaviors Among Gay, Bisexual and Other Men who have Sex with Men (MSM), said this group represents the majority of people diagnosed with HIV.

And only 67 per cent of the sexually-active men reported getting an HIV test in the past year, according to CBS Atlanta.

In 2011, men who had sex with men accounted for at least half of persons diagnosed with HIV in all but two states.

Anal sex is cited by the CDC as having the highest-risk practice for HIV infection.

read more...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-25177...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maumee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 27 min Canton 30,491
Abortion clinic vows to keep serving 12 hr Ms_Julie 13
2004 cadillac esv problems Aug 22 Ericc 1
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Aug 20 Marvin Levels 188
Debate: Ferguson - Toledo, OH Aug 19 fightforourrights 1
national day of rage toledo Aug 19 pissedofamerican 1
Buckeye cable system Aug 16 Gerald Goodman 2
•••
•••
•••

Maumee Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Maumee People Search