Mastic Beach Cultural Ats Gild ?

Posted in the Mastic Beach Forum

Beachrunner

Shirley, NY

#1 Jul 12, 2012
Once more the Storiz tacky train has left the station. According to what I was told by a village insider(spy).WAs that not long after village was voted ina small group of people headed supposedly by Kathy Stiriz,Garys wife or cousin formed something called the Cultural Ats Committee.She told me this secretive little group is really run by beach boy Gary Stiriz not his wife.which I am told is in violation of NY State law. Our Tax dollars they were given has never been accounted for.The money they have spent and the money they have raised has never been accounted for.Why did the village fund this group?
The group now calls its self The Cultural Arts Guild and according to what I was told by the former village historian "it is a sad joke"."they have done nothing that would qualify as cultural arts". "tacky wall murals ,parade flotes,and murder mystery evenings are not cultural arts". "But what else would you exspect from a guy like Gary Stiriz who thinks Velveta is a qourmet cheese". He also said "why did the village fund this group and what happen to the money". I would like to know to don't you?
wait what

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Jul 12, 2012
what is an 'ats?'
love that Gary

Mastic, NY

#3 Jul 12, 2012
Beachrunner wrote:
Once more the Storiz tacky train has left the station. According to what I was told by a village insider(spy).WAs that not long after village was voted ina small group of people headed supposedly by Kathy Stiriz,Garys wife or cousin formed something called the Cultural Ats Committee.She told me this secretive little group is really run by beach boy Gary Stiriz not his wife.which I am told is in violation of NY State law. Our Tax dollars they were given has never been accounted for.The money they have spent and the money they have raised has never been accounted for.Why did the village fund this group?
The group now calls its self The Cultural Arts Guild and according to what I was told by the former village historian "it is a sad joke"."they have done nothing that would qualify as cultural arts". "tacky wall murals ,parade flotes,and murder mystery evenings are not cultural arts". "But what else would you exspect from a guy like Gary Stiriz who thinks Velveta is a qourmet cheese". He also said "why did the village fund this group and what happen to the money". I would like to know to don't you?
They have to do something or give back the money...so they came up with this so call art murals idea to cover their butts. Gary has to go next election.
Evan Politico

Sound Beach, NY

#4 Jul 12, 2012
Pirate Festival Yo!
I asked already

Mastic Beach, NY

#5 Jul 12, 2012
love that Gary wrote:
<quoted text>They have to do something or give back the money...so they came up with this so call art murals idea to cover their butts. Gary has to go next election.
They received 5000 dollars to make a sign for MBV and put it some where. 5 grand gone, no sign any where.
When ask, same old response "I'll check into it and get back to you on that"
Old Brady

Manorville, NY

#7 Jul 13, 2012
I asked already wrote:
<quoted text>They received 5000 dollars to make a sign for MBV and put it some where. 5 grand gone, no sign any where.
$5,000 for a sign.....Really? Was there a public hearing? Did anyone submit a draft or prototype of the design?

Who was the $5,000 check made out to?

Who endorsed it?

Was it deposited or cashed?
concerned citizen

Mastic, NY

#8 Jul 13, 2012
I asked already wrote:
<quoted text>They received 5000 dollars to make a sign for MBV and put it some where. 5 grand gone, no sign any where.
i guess if the people bothered to get the FACTS for themselves, then none of this would be happening. lets start that petition to dissolve the village. i just got my escrow information from my mortgage company. my taxes are up 750.00 this year. only 140 is from school taxes. guess where the rest is from? VILLAGE. trees are overhanging every block. pfragmites coming through the streets, neighborhood road looks like harlem (people are out loitering all night long)7/11 doesnt even have landscaping and condoms are not behind the counter. the HUT is a drug den and that new store (some kind of bodega) has nothing inside it and people going in and out. wow and they closed down an ICE CREAM STORE.

get it together
Old Brady

Manorville, NY

#10 Jul 13, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you claim to be a retired investigator, you should be able to find the answers to your own questions without too much difficulty.
Please report back so concerned taxpaying citizens in Kuwait who cant investigate are in the know as well.
When I was working, those are the questions I would have asked. But, I am now retired and am no longer inclined to do so.

Seriously, did you ever hear of IRS Form 2555? It might save you a few bucks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mastic Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MBPOA Law suit 7 hr Here we go again 94
Sewer Systems 7 hr Here we go again 11
Merry Christmas 7 hr Here we go again 2
Building 13 hr Question 3
Neighborhood Road Pitt Bulls Dec 22 LibertyTreeBud 4
Poospatuck Unketchaug Reservation Close Smoke S... (May '11) Dec 16 pbear 17
Vodka Vic to hold fund raiser Dec 15 king bruce 2

Mastic Beach News Video

Mastic Beach Dating
Find my Match