Obama Promotes Plan For Near Universal Wireless

Full story: WFMZ

President Barack Obama says tomorrow's economy can't thrive on yesterday's infrastructure and that it's time for virtually every corner of the country to have high-speed Internet access.
Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Feb 16, 2011
Common Sense

Newark, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2011

I don't recall seeing the right to wireless internet anywhere in the Constitution! Oh wait, it's right next to the right to universal health care and universal home ownership in the book of IT DOESN"T EXIST.

Obama, and the rest of the Dems, just doesn't care that we are broke and running huge deficits. His answer to everything is to spend more - mostly because a large portion of his supporters are on government assistance and don't have to pay for it. Somewhere, the giveaways for all have got to stop, and I'm glad to see the Republicans in Congress trying to make it happen.
KeepGitmoOpen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2011

Common Sense wrote:
I don't recall seeing the right to wireless internet anywhere in the Constitution! Oh wait, it's right next to the right to universal health care and universal home ownership in the book of IT DOESN"T EXIST.
Obama, and the rest of the Dems, just doesn't care that we are broke and running huge deficits. His answer to everything is to spend more - mostly because a large portion of his supporters are on government assistance and don't have to pay for it. Somewhere, the giveaways for all have got to stop, and I'm glad to see the Republicans in Congress trying to make it happen.
The dems have always over reach and cry "commerce clause" for all this type of BS
amikoishti

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2011

Will this pie in the sky come before or after the FIFTY BILLION DOLLAR TRAIN that biden is pitching? And if AMTRAK has that much money hanging around(fifty million) for the study, stop giving them any money from the treasury. By the way we(the bill paying public) have been paying for this fiasco since clinton/gore were there and put it on our phone bills. How dumb does the administration and congress think we are?
themadman0307

Hazleton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2011

amikoishti wrote:
Will this pie in the sky come before or after the FIFTY BILLION DOLLAR TRAIN that biden is pitching? And if AMTRAK has that much money hanging around(fifty million) for the study, stop giving them any money from the treasury. By the way we(the bill paying public) have been paying for this fiasco since clinton/gore were there and put it on our phone bills. How dumb does the administration and congress think we are?
very dumb, and we keep proving them right by re-electing these scumbags!
Drew

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2011

Common Sense wrote:
Not only is it not in the Constitution its just bad policy. The free market is doing a nice job on it own making new innovations in technology and expanding wireless networks without government intervention.
LizBeth DeLeon-Piedra

Macungie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2011

Well I do believe that this is one of the best ideas that I have heard. It sure will be a great thing to be able to have nationwide access to the internet. If it could only happen in the smaller countries too that would be nice. My husband has some family that still till this day are waiting for a telephone line. But how wonderful it would be if they were to call me to say " Hey, We got internet!" Thank you and good luck with this I hope that all of those involved in this decision give you the "OKAY"
Homer Hickem

Bangor, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2011

I "CAN" believe the respnses from you morons.
KeepGitmoOpen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2011

LizBeth DeLeon-Piedra wrote:
Well I do believe that this is one of the best ideas that I have heard. It sure will be a great thing to be able to have nationwide access to the internet. If it could only happen in the smaller countries too that would be nice. My husband has some family that still till this day are waiting for a telephone line. But how wonderful it would be if they were to call me to say " Hey, We got internet!" Thank you and good luck with this I hope that all of those involved in this decision give you the "OKAY"
im sure you would also like to waste more of our tax dollars paying for other countries as well.
rider

Marquette, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2011

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Marquette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Windmill at housing authority Jul 31 Marco 1
Just made my first website! Jul 27 Sneaky Pete 2
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Jul 23 gottondas 5,482
Get paid from home! Jul '14 rider 2
MI Who do you support for Secretary of State in Mi... (Oct '10) Jul '14 maeball 169
Anybody know Kelsey Coon? (Dec '13) Jun '14 Dave 6
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Jun '14 lulubell 302

Search the Marquette Forum:
•••
Marquette Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Marquette Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Marquette People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE