Houghton TEA Party : News : WLUC TV6

Sep 8, 2009 Full story: WLUC-TV Negaunee 10

Posted on Monday, September 07, 2009 at 7:40 p.m. "Concerned Citizens" of the U.P. hold rally The Concerned Citizens of the Upper Peninsula A did their best to voice their concern this afternoon in Houghton.

Full Story
PhelpsB

Lanse, MI

#1 Sep 21, 2009
Rabble consisting of bigots, hate and fear mongers, right-wing zealots, homophobics, racists of every stripe, and a good number of paranoid crazies off their meds made up this gathering. Tim McVeigh posters and Sarah Palin coasters were being sold!
b-nicer

Houghton, MI

#2 Oct 15, 2009
wow are you ever a mean "B". you sound more like the hate and fear monger.
It's people like you who make it miserable for everyone else. were you an insecure bully on the playground too?
csnb

Collierville, TN

#3 May 20, 2010
In short, an average cross-section of the American population.
rider

Marquette, MI

#4 May 28, 2010
Release date: 17 May 2007
BP and Rio Tinto today announced the formation of a new jointly-owned company, Hydrogen Energy, which will develop decarbonised energy projects around the world. The venture will initially focus on hydrogen-fuelled power generation, using fossil fuels and carbon capture and storage (CCS) technology to produce new large-scale supplies of clean electricity.
Decarbonised energy projects are based on the conversion of fossil fuel feedstocks such as coal, petroleum coke (a refinery by-product) or natural gas, to hydrogen and carbon dioxide gases, with the carbon dioxide being captured and sent for permanent storage in geological formations deep beneath the Earth’s surface.
In power projects, the hydrogen would be used to fuel a gas turbine for generation of industrial-scale supplies of electrical power. Full integration with CCS technology would ensure that 90 per cent of the carbon dioxide which would otherwise have been emitted to the atmosphere would be safely captured and stored.
There is rapid worldwide development of new power generating capacity as older power stations are replaced and new plants built to meet growth in demand, particularly in the rapidly expanding economies of the developing world. According to the International Energy Agency, about two-thirds of the generating capacity that will be needed in the next 25 years has yet to be built. Much of the growth will be in countries where coal is abundant and so the fuel is expected to be a significant part of the energy mix.
The recent UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) report into the potential to mitigate the effects of climate change recognised that reducing carbon dioxide emissions from power generation will be vital and that technologies such as CCS will have a key role in meeting the challenge. It also recognises the role of governments in putting in place appropriate regulatory and support mechanisms to enable this to happen.
Hydrogen Energy will benefit from the world-leading capabilities of both parent companies: Rio Tinto’s expertise and world-class assets in coal extraction and supply; and BP’s experience and expertise in chemical processing, low carbon power generation and carbon capture and storage.
Tom Albanese, Chief Executive, Rio Tinto, said: "Coal is a key part of Rio Tinto's energy business and we believe it has an essential role in generating clean power in the future. The investment we are making in Hydrogen Energy will allow us to deliver decarbonised energy and carbon capture and storage. Although initial projects may be based on non-coal feedstocks, they will be significant building blocks in the development of coal gasification on an industrial scale. Investing now means we will be well-placed to create value for shareholders from opportunities in the emerging clean power market.”
Tony Hayward, BP group chief executive, said:“Projects such as these have the potential to help deliver the carbon emission reductions which companies and countries around the world are now seeking. This will only be possible if companies work together and work alongside governments. The combination of skills and experience which BP and Rio Tinto bring will allow us to accelerate the development and deployment of these important new technologies and projects.”
Hydrogen Energy, whose final formation will be subject to regulatory approvals, will identify and secure opportunities for decarbonised energy projects worldwide, working with governments to determine appropriate policies and regulatory regimes, and develop and operate the assets, with partners where appropriate. The projects will typically use coal or petroleum coke as feedstock; although in some cases natural gas may be used.
The previously announced hydrogen-fuelled power projects in Peterhead, Scotland and Carson, California will become part of Hydrogen Energy.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#6 Nov 17, 2013
rider wrote:
Release date: 17 May 2007
BP and Rio Tinto today announced the formation of a new jointly-owned company, Hydrogen Energy, which will develop decarbonised energy projects around the world. The venture will initially focus on hydrogen-fuelled power generation, using fossil fuels and carbon capture and storage (CCS) technology to produce new large-scale supplies of clean electricity.
Decarbonised energy projects are based on the conversion of fossil fuel feedstocks such as coal, petroleum coke (a refinery by-product) or natural gas, to hydrogen and carbon dioxide gases, with the carbon dioxide being captured and sent for permanent storage in geological formations deep beneath the Earth’s surface.
In power projects, the hydrogen would be used to fuel a gas turbine for generation of industrial-scale supplies of electrical power. Full integration with CCS technology would ensure that 90 per cent of the carbon dioxide which would otherwise have been emitted to the atmosphere would be safely captured and stored.
There is rapid worldwide development of new power generating capacity as older power stations are replaced and new plants built to meet growth in demand, particularly in the rapidly expanding economies of the developing world. According to the International Energy Agency, about two-thirds of the generating capacity that will be needed in the next 25 years has yet to be built. Much of the growth will be in countries where coal is abundant and so the fuel is expected to be a significant part of the energy mix.
The recent UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) report into the potential to mitigate the effects of climate change recognised that reducing carbon dioxide emissions from power generation will be vital and that technologies such as CCS will have a key role in meeting the challenge. It also recognises the role of governments in putting in place appropriate regulatory and support mechanisms to enable this to happen.
Hydrogen Energy will benefit from the world-leading capabilities of both parent companies: Rio Tinto’s expertise and world-class assets in coal extraction and supply; and BP’s experience and expertise in chemical processing, low carbon power generation and carbon capture and storage.
Tom Albanese, Chief Executive, Rio Tinto, said: "Coal is a key part of Rio Tinto's energy business and we believe it has an essential role in generating clean power in the future. The investment we are making in Hydrogen Energy will allow us to deliver decarbonised energy and carbon capture and storage. Although initial projects may be based on non-coal feedstocks, they will be significant building blocks in the development of coal gasification on an industrial scale. Investing now means we will be well-placed to create value for shareholders from opportunities in the emerging clean power market.”
Tony Hayward, BP group chief executive, said:“Projects such as these have the potential to help deliver the carbon emission reductions which companies and countries around the world are now seeking. This will only be possible if companies work together and work alongside governments. The combination of skills and experience which BP and Rio Tinto bring will allow us to accelerate the development and deployment of these important new technologies and projects.”
Hydrogen Energy, whose final formation will be subject to regulatory approvals, will identify and secure opportunities for decarbonised energy projects worldwide, working with governments to determine appropriate policies and regulatory regimes, and develop and operate the assets, with partners where appropriate. The projects will typically use coal or petroleum coke as feedstock; although in some cases natural gas may be used.
The previously announced hydrogen-fuelled power projects in Peterhead, Scotland and Carson, California will become part of Hydrogen Energy.
www.GoHumpAGoat.com

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#8 Nov 29, 2013
God Damn wrote:
<quoted text>
this has to be the single longest entry on topic in history.
The guy's a liberal douche. Nobody reads his posts, for obvious reasons.
Buck Futt

Hancock, MI

#11 Nov 29, 2013
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>The guy's a liberal douche. Nobody reads his posts, for obvious reasons.
Ted Kaczinski would be proud of him.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#13 Nov 29, 2013
csnb wrote:
In short, an average cross-section of the American population.
What's an "American Population"? Mexicans, Peruvians, Guatemalans?
Igor Suckmeov

Hancock, MI

#14 Nov 30, 2013
csnb wrote:

In short, an average cross-section of the American population.
What's an "American Population"? Mexicans, Peruvians, Guatemalans?

Hey, genius, when "Rabble consisting of bigots, hate and fear mongers, right-wing zealots, homophobics, racists of every stripe, and a good number of paranoid crazies off their meds made up this gathering..." are described as "an average cross-section of the American population", you're dealing with what is called and EPITHET.

Would YOU like to characterize the people who have traits in common which give them the label "Tea Party"?

What is your point in brining up persons of other nationalities? Do you HAVE a point?

Don't be afraid. Typical "sofa pundits" like YOU have an opinion and internet access, but you have no coherent POINT or argument to make. With your opinion and internet access, that and $1 will buy you a coffee at McDonalds.

I'd love to crush your ass in any attempted discussion of politics, little child. I'll be waiting. Have a nice day.
Igor Suckmeov

Hancock, MI

#15 Nov 30, 2013
csnb wrote:

In short, an average cross-section of the American population.
What's an "American Population"? Mexicans, Peruvians, Guatemalans?

Hey, genius, when "Rabble consisting of bigots, hate and fear mongers, right-wing zealots, homophobics, racists of every stripe, and a good number of paranoid crazies off their meds made up this gathering..." are described as "an average cross-section of the American population", you're dealing with what is called an EPITHET.

Would YOU like to characterize the people who have traits in common which give them the label "Tea Party"?

What is your point in bringing up persons of other nationalities? Do you HAVE a point?

Don't be afraid. Typical "sofa pundits" like YOU have an opinion and internet access, but you have no coherent POINT or argument to make. With your opinion and internet access, that and $1 will buy you a coffee at McDonalds.

I'd love to crush your ass in any attempted discussion of politics, little child. I'll be waiting. Have a nice day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marquette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Great Turtle Toys opens in Marquette Dec 1 Frost6935 1
Anybody know Kelsey Coon? (Dec '13) Nov 28 Bill 7
Michigan's Upper Peninsula got over a foot of s... Nov '14 culys 1
Hops for Hospice raises awareness and money for... Nov '14 jordennancy23 1
Police looking for missing Marquette man Nov '14 Tolonen 1
Palmer man charged with CSC (Feb '14) Oct '14 Marie 2
On This Day in U.P. Weather History: August 27 Sep '14 Sneaky Pete 2
Marquette Dating
Find my Match

Marquette People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Marquette News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Marquette

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:48 am PST

NBC Sports 7:48AM
Glover Quin named NFC defensive player of the week
Bleacher Report 7:57 AM
NFL Playoffs: What the Green Bay Packers Need to Do to Make a Super Bowl Run
NBC Sports 8:20 AM
PFT Live: Golden Tate, Cowboys talk with Clarence Hill, Coaching hot seat
Bleacher Report 8:39 AM
Recruiting Targets Penn State Must Land
ESPN10:57 AM
Lions RT Waddle not likely to play vs. Bears