Thompson

Anderson, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Why is it that in order to work a job and earn a living you must take a drug test?, but sit at home and get welfare, food, roof, power, everything free and not have to get tested for drugs. This blows my mind, if they made every one who got welfare take a drug test, half, if not more would never pass.
Downtown Brown

Greer, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Thompson wrote:
Why is it that in order to work a job and earn a living you must take a drug test?, but sit at home and get welfare, food, roof, power, everything free and not have to get tested for drugs. This blows my mind, if they made every one who got welfare take a drug test, half, if not more would never pass.
folk in Marion don t do drugs do they?
chickenliver

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Judged:

to bad they dont give a livermush test to the city and county government!!!! bet that would stop alot of BS come election time.
ggallin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

I did not know North Carolina even had welfare! Where do i sign up so i can buy some more budda?
Thompson wrote:
Welfare Wilma

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

Thompson wrote:
I am with you, anyone that draws a welfare check should have to take a urinalysis every month and show they are clean before being issued a check. I think all state employees should have to do the same also, it would surprise you the number of teachers, LEO's and DOT workers who indulge.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

Does anyone know the cost to the taxpayers to drug test each food stamp, medicaid or wic recipient on a monthly basis not to mention state employees or LEO?

That is why employers only drug test prior to employment and if an accident occurs
liverpuddin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2009

anywho_1 wrote:
Does anyone know the cost to the taxpayers to drug test each food stamp, medicaid or wic recipient on a monthly basis not to mention state employees or LEO?
That is why employers only drug test prior to employment and if an accident occurs
Yea but if they did this it would cut back on the amount of welfare that is being paid out so therefore we would probably come out to the good to do the drug testing! There is a bunch of losers sittin on their butt drawing a check and buying drugs with our hard earned money!
Bailys Bummers

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2009

anywho_1 wrote:
DOES THIS IDEA WORRY YOU? The Medica Drug Screen Tests are reletively cheap, simple to use and like the comment before this said they would pay for themselves by cutting out a LOT of checks that are used to help buy drugs.
chickenliver

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2009

liverpuddin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea but if they did this it would cut back on the amount of welfare that is being paid out so therefore we would probably come out to the good to do the drug testing! There is a bunch of losers sittin on their butt drawing a check and buying drugs with our hard earned money!
AMEN
G-Dawg

Bethune, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2009

Welfare Wilma wrote:
<quoted text>
I am with you, anyone that draws a welfare check should have to take a urinalysis every month and show they are clean before being issued a check. I think all state employees should have to do the same also, it would surprise you the number of teachers, LEO's and DOT workers who indulge.
Per the NC Office of State Personnel, all state employees do have to take a drug test before being hired. Not to mention they have to pass a criminal background checks and in all Law Enforcement/Corrections jobs, the applicant must pass a psychological profile examination.
Wake Up America

Greer, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2009

Oh no!

Anything but a Psychological profile examination.

"shut up and let them analyse me, no, us, no them...."

Please tell the voices to stop.
Just A Little Curious

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2009

It's funny that the only people who always seem to have a problem with and use the term "LEO" are always people that seem to have a good reason to fear the LEO's. In rare situations, there are Law Enforcement personnel that are idiots and offend the laws they are sworn to protect, but this is not true for the biggest percentage. We may drink a little and sometimes, some, drink too much IN OUR PERSONAL LIVES!!! and by the way, we do have personal lives. Contrary to popular belief, we are human, have families that we love spending time with and are not officers 24/7. When I take my uniform off, my job gets hung up in the closet with it. I agree with the Welfare statement, we all see that first handed. Take away all alcohol, cigarettes and anything else food stamps gives them the ability to afford. Limit the amount of kids that they can produce in a 5 year window. Please on't pile Law Enforcement in with these people. Most of us don't deserve that. Thank You!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2009

liverpuddin wrote:
<quoted text>
Repeating drug tests on a monthly basis would be very expensive. Especially repeating them on people who pass each and every time. I'm not just talking about people who get help from DSS. I also mean the state employees as well.

As shown in the past, the government, federal or state doesn't buy anything cheap. They spend way too much money for fairly cheap items.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2009

I have a question about getting DSS aid. Does anyone actually get cash or a check that can be used to purchase drugs? The only aid I know that people get from DSS is a food stamp card or Medicaid. There is also HUD but they don't give any cash to the people they pay their rent and their power bill with the money.
Thompson

Anderson, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2009

anywho_1 wrote:
I have a question about getting DSS aid. Does anyone actually get cash or a check that can be used to purchase drugs? The only aid I know that people get from DSS is a food stamp card or Medicaid. There is also HUD but they don't give any cash to the people they pay their rent and their power bill with the money.
Not sure but all the cash they save haveing there food, medical, and rent paid goes on drugs

“Bite me!”

Since: Oct 09

Marion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2009

There needs to be a drug test before allowing some of these idiots to post in here....
Taz

Henderson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2009

Thompson wrote:
You better be careful. This is Obama supporters that you are talking about. The Obama administration will declare you an enemy of the state for saying something about his supporters...... But I thinks it's a great idea. And hey don't stop there. If they show positive for drugs then deny their health care coverage too.
H-Cat

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2009

G-Dawg wrote:
<quoted text>
Per the NC Office of State Personnel, all state employees do have to take a drug test before being hired. Not to mention they have to pass a criminal background checks and in all Law Enforcement/Corrections jobs, the applicant must pass a psychological profile examination.
I'm sure that "psychological profile examination" that all Law Enforcement/Corrections folks have to pass is very difficult.

NOT!
G-Dawg

Bethune, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2009

H-Cat wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure that "psychological profile examination" that all Law Enforcement/Corrections folks have to pass is very difficult.
NOT!
Im not sure of what it is for a policeman, deputy sheriff, or state tropper...but for correction officers it's a 567 question exam (MMPI-2) and Ive been told of numerous people to fail it.

In fact when I was first hired, I had to meet with a DOC psychologist and explain 8 answers I gave that was scored abnormal. It happens.
DDF

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2009

G-Dawg wrote:
<quoted text>
When you know it's coming you can take precaution, random screening would clear the state of workers and let some of the clean folks work. Hey maybe we even hold random screens of court employees.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Marion Discussions

Search the Marion Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
meth chicks 5 hr yea 3
Anthony car detailer 5 hr Susan 1
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 5 hr Red Square 56,261
Protestors Rally As N.C. Women Seek Marriage Li... 6 hr Gremlin 3
Roma Restaurant 7 hr Last Screenname Left 17
Best auto detailer 7 hr NEED TO KNOW 1
austin tipton 8 hr old buddy 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Marion Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••