People Who Made It Out Of Marion.

Posted in the Marion Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Shortcake

Marion, NC

#1 Aug 5, 2012
Who do you miss that has moved out of marion?
fl

Ellenboro, NC

#2 Aug 6, 2012
I am glad they made it out. Marion sucks
Shortcake

Marion, NC

#3 Aug 6, 2012
True enough lol
lazy asses

United States

#4 Aug 6, 2012
If you want out of marion, make it possible dont sit here and talk shit about it today and do nothin tomorrow to actually get out
fl

Ellenboro, NC

#5 Aug 6, 2012
lazy asses wrote:
If you want out of marion, make it possible dont sit here and talk shit about it today and do nothin tomorrow to actually get out
bahahahaha I was just making a statement smart azz. I have been gone that place sucks and smart azz ppl like you make it worse.
lazy asses

Statesville, NC

#6 Aug 6, 2012
Your name is fl so i take it your a floridiot
fl

Greer, SC

#7 Aug 7, 2012
lazy asses wrote:
Your name is fl so i take it your a floridiot
actually fl stands for "fake love" So who is the idiot now? Assuming always makes you a azzzzzz
killing me

Weaverville, NC

#9 Aug 7, 2012
I think it's so funny when people want to act like they have made it out of Marion or Old Fort and they just moved to the next town over. Like they move to Asheville or something bahahahah you make it out of Marion when you get up and out of NC!

“Anasasis Xenophontis.”

Since: Dec 08

over there.

#10 Aug 7, 2012
killing me wrote:
I think it's so funny when people want to act like they have made it out of Marion or Old Fort and they just moved to the next town over. Like they move to Asheville or something bahahahah you make it out of Marion when you get up and out of NC!
no you would be surprised of the multitude of differences you can see only 80 miles away.
i dont see 12billion weird people lookin for drugs everyday at a gas station.
no body is prideful of their white trashedness around here.
there is no such thing as a moose lodge around here that breeds redneck drunks like some weird alien spawn pool.
there is a community garden here with young adults like myself participating year round...in marion you have to be a juvenile indicted for something to see that.
old people drive the speed limit around here, and they are more wise and mindful.
we dont nick name gas stations.
nobody hangs out in parking lots, rednecks (omfg) are actually pretty cool up here.
churches stay at church.
We dont have ghettos and stumptowns where i live, and its basically the same size town.
i know of one thrift store.....not 16 thousand on every corner of main street.
there are more jobs here.
there are more opportunities here.
cars are actually driveable around here.(seriously, how many cars you see that look like someone took a drive train and built up from that, or rednecks that throw 1000 dollars into some 80's honda and think they are the god of shits.)
trucks are raised around here because we actually have gallons of snow, not because we have dixie shirts, un used construction boots, and a coolness to uphold.

seriously, you would really be surprised how different marion really is from all other places. i warn people travelin through to hikory....dont fall in that pothole...IT WILL SUCK YOUR SOUL TILL YOU LIE BREATHLESS AND ADDICTED TO METH.
McDowell County

Marion, NC

#11 Aug 7, 2012
I made it out of Marion, not once, but several times. I kept coming back. I came back because I actually like Marion.

When I was younger, I thought that living in the south was something shameful. I learned that it is not WHERE you live but HOW you live that matters. Life is what you make of it.

If you choose your associates wisely, Marion is a great little town. If you hang out with trash, then your outlook is probably trashy.

I acknowledge that most people will not be able to make a great living in McDowell. But it really is not that far to Hickory, Asheville, or even Charlotte.

If you really hate McDowell so much, please leave. And stay gone. And stay off of Topix trash talking MY county.

But if you love McDowell and want to see it get even better, please let your voice be heard.

“Anasasis Xenophontis.”

over there.

#12 Aug 7, 2012
when i pull up to a gas station there, it would be nice not to see a drug deal once in a blue moon.
thats what im sayin.
yes

Bristol, TN

#13 Aug 7, 2012
McDowell County wrote:
I made it out of Marion, not once, but several times. I kept coming back. I came back because I actually like Marion.
When I was younger, I thought that living in the south was something shameful. I learned that it is not WHERE you live but HOW you live that matters. Life is what you make of it.
If you choose your associates wisely, Marion is a great little town. If you hang out with trash, then your outlook is probably trashy.
I acknowledge that most people will not be able to make a great living in McDowell. But it really is not that far to Hickory, Asheville, or even Charlotte.
If you really hate McDowell so much, please leave. And stay gone. And stay off of Topix trash talking MY county.
But if you love McDowell and want to see it get even better, please let your voice be heard.
You my friend are intelligent
McDowell County

Marion, NC

#14 Aug 7, 2012
sevenSecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
no you would be surprised of the multitude of differences you can see only 80 miles away.
i dont see 12billion weird people lookin for drugs everyday at a gas station.
no body is prideful of their white trashedness around here.
there is no such thing as a moose lodge around here that breeds redneck drunks like some weird alien spawn pool.
there is a community garden here with young adults like myself participating year round...in marion you have to be a juvenile indicted for something to see that.
old people drive the speed limit around here, and they are more wise and mindful.
we dont nick name gas stations.
nobody hangs out in parking lots, rednecks (omfg) are actually pretty cool up here.
churches stay at church.
We dont have ghettos and stumptowns where i live, and its basically the same size town.
i know of one thrift store.....not 16 thousand on every corner of main street.
there are more jobs here.
there are more opportunities here.
cars are actually driveable around here.(seriously, how many cars you see that look like someone took a drive train and built up from that, or rednecks that throw 1000 dollars into some 80's honda and think they are the god of shits.)
trucks are raised around here because we actually have gallons of snow, not because we have dixie shirts, un used construction boots, and a coolness to uphold.
seriously, you would really be surprised how different marion really is from all other places. i warn people travelin through to hikory....dont fall in that pothole...IT WILL SUCK YOUR SOUL TILL YOU LIE BREATHLESS AND ADDICTED TO METH.
So where do you live? Utopia?!?
McDowell County

Marion, NC

#15 Aug 7, 2012
yes wrote:
<quoted text>
You my friend are intelligent
Thanks
killing me

Weaverville, NC

#16 Aug 7, 2012
McDowell County wrote:
I have to agree with you 100 %

“Anasasis Xenophontis.”

over there.

#17 Aug 8, 2012
McDowell County wrote:
<quoted text>
So where do you live? Utopia?!?
no just not marion.
these are real things that i have observed, yes my new town has its nuances (college kids, barking dogs 24/7, diesel trucks everywhere)
but nothing like what i lived with in mcdowell.
guess what

United States

#18 Aug 8, 2012
Rat tails are cool in marion

“The orginal”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#19 Aug 8, 2012
McDowell County wrote:
And stay off of Topix trash talking MY county.
um...NO
yes

United States

#20 Aug 8, 2012
lulzers wrote:
<quoted text>
um...NO
Queer
strong

Ellenboro, NC

#21 Aug 9, 2012
yes wrote:
<quoted text>Queer
the strongest person I know :) She did the best thing she could do for her and her family. Now she is in a better place with no Marion drama. She will be able to finish her school and never have to look back. I am so proud of her!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
please read!!! 2 hr talkin 4
Titan baseball 8 hr Harper 19
God's Curse Caused Negroes to Look Like Apes. 10 hr color 43
hoes 10 hr crazy 1
Marion Park (Mar '11) 14 hr cardboardgypsy 59
Red Head 20 hr Wendy 9
McDowell deputy finds meth, pills inside car (Sep '12) 20 hr summerset 27
Marion Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web