Elementary Schools

Posted in the Marion Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Elizabeth Bryant

Lincolnton, NC

#1 May 27, 2012
As my son approaches his 5th birthday in the next few months I was wondering what the best elementary school would be for me to send him to? I'm not concerned with location. I would be willing to drive him to a good school.
All

United States

#2 May 27, 2012
All are good
hismom

United States

#3 May 27, 2012
Eastfield is great!!!
alumni

United States

#4 May 27, 2012
Glenwood is the best
dixon

Marion, NC

#5 May 27, 2012
Glenwood, the principal is amazing and most of the teachers have been there for years. It's a very nice school
Mom

Burnsville, NC

#7 May 27, 2012
Eastfield hands down couldn't ask for a better school. Love the year round my kids have been there for 4 yrs now and never gets tired of going gets mad on snow days and teacher work days. They have awesome teacher and the best kindergarten teacher I have ever had the pleasure of knowing Mrs Duncan is fantastic. In fact the McDowell county news choose her class to interview. So Eastfield
elizabeth

Lincolnton, NC

#8 May 27, 2012
Is Amy Dowdle still the principal at Glenwood? She does a great job from what I hear. I have also always heard good things about west Marion.
elizabeth

Lincolnton, NC

#9 May 27, 2012
Hm. Eastfield would be interesting. I have never thought about that. How are their sports teams? I would like to get him involved in something.
EastfieldParent

Asheville, NC

#10 May 28, 2012
The year around school is best for kids. Alot less pressure is put on the children there. The teachers are all great and relaxed which helps everyone. One thing, there is zero clicks at Eastfield like you will find at W.Marion and P.G. Ms. Poole, the principle, is concerned about each student and loves each one the same. Nine weeks on three weeks off plus holidays. Go talk to Ms. Poole.
how

Marion, NC

#11 May 28, 2012
A Mom wrote:
PG is a great school! My son loves it! All the teachers are nice. And my Kindergarten son is now reading on a 2nd grade level. The principal greets every student as they are dropped off every morning. They offer lots of things for the kids through out the year and we haven't once received some sort of fund raising items to sell this year.
how does the principal greet every student when they are dropped off?? Buses and cars do not go to the same drop off! So he/she runs back and forth? Every prinicipal greets as many students in the morning as they can but not every student!
yes

Dayton, TN

#12 May 28, 2012
elizabeth wrote:
Is Amy Dowdle still the principal at Glenwood? She does a great job from what I hear. I have also always heard good things about west Marion.
She is still there, and she is great.
sorry to say

Marion, NC

#13 May 28, 2012
I WORK AT AN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL IN THE COUNTY. YOU DO NOT GET TO CHOOSE A SCHOOL UNLESS IT IS EASTFIELD YEAR ROUND. YOUR CHILD HAS TO ATTEND THE SCHOOL IN YOUR DISTRICT UNLESS YOU HAVE A VALID REASON THT IS APPROVED BY THE PRINCIPAL OF THE SCHOOL IN YOUR DISTRICT AND THE OTHER PRINCIPAL AND THEN THE SCHOOL BOARD.
redneck

Dayton, TN

#14 May 28, 2012
sorry to say wrote:
I WORK AT AN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL IN THE COUNTY. YOU DO NOT GET TO CHOOSE A SCHOOL UNLESS IT IS EASTFIELD YEAR ROUND. YOUR CHILD HAS TO ATTEND THE SCHOOL IN YOUR DISTRICT UNLESS YOU HAVE A VALID REASON THT IS APPROVED BY THE PRINCIPAL OF THE SCHOOL IN YOUR DISTRICT AND THE OTHER PRINCIPAL AND THEN THE SCHOOL BOARD.
I know someone who lives in Glenwood with 2 kids, she takes them to old fort to school
redneck

Dayton, TN

#15 May 28, 2012
redneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know someone who lives in Glenwood with 2 kids, she takes them to old fort to school
And i also live in Nebo district but i attended Glenwood
kayla

Lincolnton, NC

#16 May 28, 2012
sorry to say wrote:
I lived in nebo district my whole life and my mom drove me to Glenwood every single day. No problems ever.
hhmmmm

Marion, NC

#17 May 28, 2012
Things are diferent now. You got grandfathered in.
Snowgirl

New York, NY

#18 May 29, 2012
Eastfield Elementary is always asking parents for $$$$. If it taint one thing its another..
well

Marion, NC

#19 May 29, 2012
I loved Old Fort.
xrazy2010

United States

#20 May 29, 2012
Nebo i would have to say

Since: Jan 12

St.Cloud, Florida

#21 May 29, 2012
All 3 of my children have went to Eastfield and I love it! My oldest daughter is in college now and my youngest is in first grade. They are very personable and even now when I see teachers my oldest daughter had all those years ago they still remember her and me. Idk about any other schools but I have had nothing but positive interaction with Eastfield. I have lived in Nebo and West Marion both and have always been able to take my kids there, we just drive ;) & we love the year round schedule. It works great with vacations!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 28 min Red Square 60,192
Ricky Capps 2 hr Kelly 1
WNC fracking? Unlikely but still unsettling (Feb '14) 5 hr Nemesis 55
Titans 7 hr player 7
smartest person in highschool 13 hr Down Here 2
Who are the whres of the highschool? (Jan '14) 14 hr Jesus666 23
Vic Swann 16 hr sleepless 1
Marion Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Marion Jobs

Marion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE