|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2011

Judged:

BugBGone wrote:
It's sad. I was hoping this new place would be decent. Eddie's while not the greatest is still the best in Marion. I ordered the lasagna which had a little cheese and zero meat. It had a little bit of a funny taste too. It was just basically sauce with pasta. My own lasagna is WAYYYY better than this. I should teach them how to make it. My family ordered wings, salad and pizza. None of it looked very good to me. It was all very, very mediocre and average. Shame, I was hoping it would be good. The restaurants in Marion, with the exception of a couple that are a little better than average, are just awful. I've become a GREAT cook since I've moved here! LOL
But I wish them the best. I'm sure many people will think it's good..to each his/her own. We won't be back.
Did you have this experience at Eddies or Texas Pizza? I personally think Eddies is a GREAT place to eat, but unless Eddie is in the kitchen, you can tell a difference. If you are in the Hickory area Bug, try Tonys pizza on Catawba Valley Blvd. It's in the same shopping center as Best Buy. We have only ordered the pizza and it's EXCELLENT! The prices are good and the pizzas are big.
think about it

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2011

Judged:

I'm sorry but having an affair at work WILL have an impact on your job performance and cause friction at work. Even the rumor of such goings on will.

According to other videos this person has posted on youtube.com I would think twice about having them at my business. He gives too much information to the public.
affairs

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2011

Judged:

think about it wrote:
I'm sorry but having an affair at work WILL have an impact on your job performance and cause friction at work. Even the rumor of such goings on will.
According to other videos this person has posted on youtube.com I would think twice about having them at my business. He gives too much information to the public.
unless of course you work at the CO of the schools. in that case, yout golden and will probably become superintendent.
BugBGone

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2011

Last Screenname Left wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you have this experience at Eddies or Texas Pizza? I personally think Eddies is a GREAT place to eat, but unless Eddie is in the kitchen, you can tell a difference. If you are in the Hickory area Bug, try Tonys pizza on Catawba Valley Blvd. It's in the same shopping center as Best Buy. We have only ordered the pizza and it's EXCELLENT! The prices are good and the pizzas are big.
I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I meant Texas Pizza. Eddie's is one of only maybe three or four places I think is pretty good in Marion. Sure do miss Maria's for Mexican but Eddie's Burritos is also quite good, if not truly authentic Mexican. Oh and thanks so much for the pizza recommendation in Hickory. Darn it, we were just over in that area a couple of weeks ago. I'll have to try that next time. Have you tried that place on Merrimon in Asheville I think it's called Circle in the Square? BEST pizza I've had outside of NY..hands down! And I had to laugh at that person's remark who said Little Caesar's is better than this place...Yikes!

Since: Sep 10

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2011

BugBGone wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I meant Texas Pizza. Eddie's is one of only maybe three or four places I think is pretty good in Marion. Sure do miss Maria's for Mexican but Eddie's Burritos is also quite good, if not truly authentic Mexican. Oh and thanks so much for the pizza recommendation in Hickory. Darn it, we were just over in that area a couple of weeks ago. I'll have to try that next time. Have you tried that place on Merrimon in Asheville I think it's called Circle in the Square? BEST pizza I've had outside of NY..hands down! And I had to laugh at that person's remark who said Little Caesar's is better than this place...Yikes!
Yes I have eaten at Circle in the Square and it is very good! I LOVE Italian food and I am EXTREMELY picky about where I go to eat it unless I make it myself. I have heard alot of great things about The Apollo Flame in Asheville and we are going to try it next weekend. Have you ever eaten there? Since you like to make Italian at home, check out world market the next time you are in Asheville. It's a little pricey but WELL worth it! Places like Little Ceasar's and Pizza Hut in the same sentence as pizza? LMAO! that's funny! Perhaps they were making a joke?
Bubba

Burnsville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2011

BugBGone wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I meant Texas Pizza. Eddie's is one of only maybe three or four places I think is pretty good in Marion. Sure do miss Maria's for Mexican but Eddie's Burritos is also quite good, if not truly authentic Mexican. Oh and thanks so much for the pizza recommendation in Hickory. Darn it, we were just over in that area a couple of weeks ago. I'll have to try that next time. Have you tried that place on Merrimon in Asheville I think it's called Circle in the Square? BEST pizza I've had outside of NY..hands down! And I had to laugh at that person's remark who said Little Caesar's is better than this place...Yikes!
I know this is off topic, but if you liked Maria's try the three hombres across from the Marion library. They are only serving on weekends as far as I know, but they have the same type food. Tacos and gorditas (not what taco bell calls a gordita) The carnitas and beef are wonderful, great green and red salsa. Be careful, they also have lingua and tripas tacos if you are brave!
BugBGone

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2011

Judged:

Last Screen Name, obviously you know food. Let me know how Apollo Flame is. I don't think I've eaten there. I'll have to check out that world market place you mentioned. I haven't eaten in Asheville in a while.
Bubba, thanks so much for telling me about that place. I actually love tripas but I'm not brave enough to try the lengua! I'll have to see when they're serving. I've never tried that place. I think I saw a sign on there saying they also serve menudo...yum! Love me some tripe! LOL
jess

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2011

Judged:

good pizza!!!

“blah”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2011

Judged:

Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>I know this is off topic, but if you liked Maria's try the three hombres across from the Marion library. They are only serving on weekends as far as I know, but they have the same type food. Tacos and gorditas (not what taco bell calls a gordita) The carnitas and beef are wonderful, great green and red salsa. Be careful, they also have lingua and tripas tacos if you are brave!
May try that tomorrow. Love Mexican food. I've never has tripe. Maybe if the other stuffs good I'll get brave.. Maybe haha.

Since: May 11

Weaverville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2011

Judged:

Johnny wrote:
I Didn't even get to eat there. Went in and stood at the counter for 25 minutes and no employee spoke or even acknoweledged that I was there. Then out of courtesy drove to the drive through window and set another 15 minutes while employees walked by looking at me but no one would serve me. Mean while some bald dude in the back which I assumed was the manager was yelling and shouting orders to his employees while looking right at me sitting in the window. But did he ever come to the the window or send someone else to the window? Nosirr. I'll never darken the Door of this place again.
It's the first week and overwhleming business...chill out. I had great service and pizza was excellent.

Since: May 11

Weaverville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2011

intheknow wrote:
First, the owners are NOT from Chow Time and their pizzas are really good. This is their first restaurant. Just give them a little time to work out the kinks... It'll be worth it!
Don't post when you don't know what you're talking about....it is the Packetts that own it and used to own Chow Time. They have another couple who are partners with them.
NCGIRL

Lincolnton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2011

terrell wrote:
yo homey, what is good. if texas rangers win the seris any free tasting oh yeah go texas pizza
i meant titan pizza. oh yeah yummy pizza for me tummy.
they do have a texy mexy that is awsome! it has salsa, sour cream, corn, and beans on it; might i ad it is the bomb.
NCGIRL

Lincolnton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2011

Judged:

Jacob wrote:
http://www.yellowbook.com/prof ile/texas-pizza_1861439273.htm l
You all should check this out. This place is horrible and is not making a lasting impression on very many people, myself included.
if everyone in marion would stop running to the businesses at one time and give them a chance trained up for high volume i think texas pizza will do great.
NCGIRL

Lincolnton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2011

Jessica wrote:
We just ate there. The pizza wasn't all that great. Some bald dude was in the back yelling at everyone what to do. Seemed like there were a lot of new people because the girl who rung us up was having to be trained. We spent almost 40 bucks and only got a pizza, two salads, a side of 'texas-ties'(Bread), and two iced teas. My husband's salad was made wrong, but he ate it anyway. I think that Little Caesar's pizza is much better. I doubt we will ever be going back here. First impressions are lasting ones in my book. You can only be as good as your opening days.
i guess that when you started working you was the best employee ever, how can you say bad things about a place that is still in its first week, give it a few weeks and then go try them, everyone struggles when they first open up on training help and making sure all food is made right.
Jessica

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2011

Judged:

NCGIRL wrote:
<quoted text>
i guess that when you started working you was the best employee ever, how can you say bad things about a place that is still in its first week, give it a few weeks and then go try them, everyone struggles when they first open up on training help and making sure all food is made right.
Anyone with any kind of sense at all would not open up a restaurant to the public before they make sure their food is good, and their employees are trained. It's a stupid move, it's bad for business, and it's why my family will not dine there again. I have been to other restaurants in the past on opening day and thought the food was superb. This place opened too quickly and was not ready to please it's customers. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Some people like it and some don't. All I am saying is that it was not good when we tried it and first impressions are lasting impressions for myself and my family.
BugBGone

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2011

Judged:

NCGIRL wrote:
<quoted text>
Trust me, that pizza is not going to improve. I can understand it taking a little time to work out the service kinks but the food..nope. It is what it is. Guarantee you that if I were to go back in a year (if they're even still open) the pizza will still be as bad as it was when were were there last week. But hey, like I said, some people think that's good pizza! Go figure. Oh and don't get me started on the doughy, undercooked bread sticks.
BugBGone

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2011

Judged:

Jessica wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone with any kind of sense at all would not open up a restaurant to the public before they make sure their food is good, and their employees are trained. It's a stupid move, it's bad for business, and it's why my family will not dine there again. I have been to other restaurants in the past on opening day and thought the food was superb. This place opened too quickly and was not ready to please it's customers. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Some people like it and some don't. All I am saying is that it was not good when we tried it and first impressions are lasting impressions for myself and my family.
Yep, I completely agree with this, Jessica! You don't open a restaurant and not put your best food forward, so to speak, when it comes to the FOOD! I mean really. Like I was saying, I would excuse the slow service since they just opened...but NOT the lousy food. No excuse for that.
JusSayin

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2011

Judged:

Bottom line, the things that ruin the experience are the same things that dog Chowtime today.

1. Lack of properly trained, DECENT employees
2. In Store Drama
3. Just meh food in general

This town doesn't need one more Burger joint (I'm talking to you Andy's), Chicken shack or a Pizza place. Enough with this crap.

Its even to the point where I almost have to add the Chinese places to this list. Although to get a truly decent Chinese place would be nice. The ones we have now are just..meh.

Anyway..I'm JusSayin
lol

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2011

Judged:

Strange that someone started this and then just disappeared
shelly

Greer, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2011

Judged:

it would be nice if you could just get an opinion about a business without all the drama and hate. and i wouldn't base anything on someone's first impression. any restaurant needs time to perfect things. this place will probably do well despite all the controversy. smart move to be near all the new stuff opening up.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of204
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

25 Users are viewing the Marion Forum right now

Search the Marion Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
bear creek marina 47 min Concerned 9
HNIC claims BonzoScam is working! 1 hr William Joyce KVK1 1
Man tried to lure child in car 1 hr William Joyce KVK1 20
Genetic relationship of Blacks to Bonobo monkey 2 hr Curious 3
not the father Maury 3 hr come on 8
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 3 hr TSF 49,343
Stone Mountain - devil worshipers (May '12) 9 hr TrAvis76 61
•••
•••