What do yall think of critteden county ?!?!?!

Posted in the Marion Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of29
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
luke

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2012

Hmm.......???
brantliy

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2012

luke wrote:
Hmm.......???
Hmmm Is a good question
ranger

Kuttawa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2012

Just like all the other little minded towns, Princeton, Providence. etc.
Adam

Estherville, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2012

Judged:

We try not to,just drive down main street and watch parts fall off your car lol,dont forget to stop and look at the new waste of money fire station,what a great place to put it.There crying we are broke,the ems is broke but they can sure afford all those new police vechicles.I can go on and on but you get the point.
MrCarter

Estherville, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2012

Judged:

for sure they did not need a new fire station even if it was paid for through grants by the state. But what is worse is that all of this is being constructed by outside contractors. As well as the renovation of fivestar. It's ridiculous to not try and hire contractors locally or at least semi local.

as far as the roads, they are so atrocious but don't expect to see them be fixed for real anytime soon. insufficient funds and probably not enough city workers to do the job in a timely manner and I seriously doubt they have the money to hire more workers.

Marion will never be built up great financially because there is virtually all the revenue made by businesses in marion comes from marion citizens themselves. It will always be this way until out of towners have a reason to travel through this area which means we would need an interstate running through (yes i know about the bypass, was supposed to happen about a decade ago) and people willing to invest money to open a business in marion.

I seriously doubt that will ever happen though, most county officials seem content with how it is now and if their not then they have not been successful in doing their job.
Honestly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2012

Judged:

Crittenden county is great as long as your not in Marion.... The town is awful putting money into items that worked fine before.... Sad really!!
luke

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2012

Judged:

Honestly wrote:
Crittenden county is great as long as your not in Marion.... The town is awful putting money into items that worked fine before.... Sad really!!
I heard theres going to be a taco bell yummy
Nice

Lanham, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2012

Just want everyone to know that this small town has a nice little jail. LOL!!
max

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2012

Wow !
glove guy

Graham, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2012

Nice wrote:
Just want everyone to know that this small town has a nice little jail. LOL!!
It used to have!!!
glove guy

Graham, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2012

Judged:

MrCarter wrote:
for sure they did not need a new fire station even if it was paid for through grants by the state. But what is worse is that all of this is being constructed by outside contractors. As well as the renovation of fivestar. It's ridiculous to not try and hire contractors locally or at least semi local.

as far as the roads, they are so atrocious but don't expect to see them be fixed for real anytime soon. insufficient funds and probably not enough city workers to do the job in a timely manner and I seriously doubt they have the money to hire more workers.

Marion will never be built up great financially because there is virtually all the revenue made by businesses in marion comes from marion citizens themselves. It will always be this way until out of towners have a reason to travel through this area which means we would need an interstate running through (yes i know about the bypass, was supposed to happen about a decade ago) and people willing to invest money to open a business in marion.

I seriously doubt that will ever happen though, most county officials seem content with how it is now and if their not then they have not been successful in doing their job.
Amen couldn't have said it better myself!! Mr. Carter for judge executive!!
Anonymous

Slaughters, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2012

Judged:

Love it!!!! Grew up here an my bf an his family are here :)
James

Gilman, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2012

Judged:

MrCarter wrote:
Marion will continue to suffer until more and more city council members are replaced with a few visionaries. The council's goal, for the past 15+ years, has been to restrict new business within the city. When i say restrict, i mean to limit new business permits only to businesses that are deemed suitable by the council. Paduch didn't get to be as big as it is by only always businesses in that church-goers wouldn't find offensive! Dont get me wrong, church is a good thing. But, church and state must remain two seperate entities. As long as the council makes it's decisions based upon church, marion's affairs of state will financially suffer!
Just Me

Spirit Lake, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2012

Judged:

I just moved into Marion a year ago . Its been a great place to live . While I agree with some of the posts about spending money I say why not get Grant Money and build a new FD if Marion didnt get it some other entity would and MFD current BLDG is not in good shape and they deserve a good BLDG after all these guys are Volunteers and I applaud them for the Job they do as well as all other Volunteer Fds and the Rescue squad for what the do for the People of our community. also the People of Marion are Friendly and have greeted us with open arms for the most part, and By the way I am not a Volunteer for any Volunteer agency in the county before you start that .. I have been in the county that I lived in before and probably will again here . I know how the small town politics worl and I agree that some of the Council members need replacing I have seen that myself but i have lived in more than one small town in west Ky during my life and all are the same .
ABC

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2012

Judged:

As a bit of information: Mainstreet is technically a highway, which makes it state territory, and therefore untouchable by Marion city workers. Our city administrator has pushed to get something done about it, and the city workers have offered to do the work, but they simply can't. It's state property and can only be worked on by the state of Kentucky. Contact your state level officials about it or else nothing will be done.
Amy

Estherville, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2012

ABC wrote:
As a bit of information: Mainstreet is technically a highway, which makes it state territory, and therefore untouchable by Marion city workers. Our city administrator has pushed to get something done about it, and the city workers have offered to do the work, but they simply can't. It's state property and can only be worked on by the state of Kentucky. Contact your state level officials about it or else nothing will be done.
Main street is INSIDE city limmits,who do you think re paved it a couple years ago,not the state,as far as the state goes good luck on getting the citizens want done just drive on any critt.road or highway there all junk
HATER

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

Abbie M always there partyin with Marion people. why?
its okay

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2012

Judged:

As far as the police department goes, they didn't get new cars, just a different paint job, however the sheriff has a new one.

Marion is considered a retirement community, they don't want the hustle and the bustle of a big city, so until those people are replaced, you might as well forget about anything changing around here.

With that said, living here is a lot more peaceful, cost of living is a lot cheaper, and most of the people are friendly.
However, I wish there was something here for kids to do besides stay in trouble. I wish there was more to choose from besides burgers, sandwiches, and an overpriced Italian restaurant and a mediocre Mexican joint. Unfortunately, I've heard that the taco bell rumor is not true. I do wish places stayed open later. That there was a place adults could go and hang out, like play pool, grab a beer or mixed drink, let your hair down and dance..or what have you. For people close to there 30s that enjoy having fun, there's not a whole lot to do.

I hope I'm alive to see some of these things happen one day!
Options

Sussex, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2012

Judged:

its okay wrote:
As far as the police department goes, they didn't get new cars, just a different paint job, however the sheriff has a new one.

Marion is considered a retirement community, they don't want the hustle and the bustle of a big city, so until those people are replaced, you might as well forget about anything changing around here.

With that said, living here is a lot more peaceful, cost of living is a lot cheaper, and most of the people are friendly.
However, I wish there was something here for kids to do besides stay in trouble. I wish there was more to choose from besides burgers, sandwiches, and an overpriced Italian restaurant and a mediocre Mexican joint. Unfortunately, I've heard that the taco bell rumor is not true. I do wish places stayed open later. That there was a place adults could go and hang out, like play pool, grab a beer or mixed drink, let your hair down and dance..or what have you. For people close to there 30s that enjoy having fun, there's not a whole lot to do.

I hope I'm alive to see some of these things happen one day!
I hardly think Marion is a retirement community. Which would mean people move here to retire and most move to the Lakes area to retire or.... Florida. But not Marion to retire. As far as the options you would like such as a place to play pool or grab a beer etc, there are plenty of places like that in the world just not Marion. So if that's what you want why don't you get online and research and find that perfect place then pack up and move. If we had places like you describe here than you wouldn't be able to describe it as peaceful because that would change everything about Marion. Good Luck with your search....
Amy

Estherville, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2012

Judged:

Options wrote:
<quoted text>
I hardly think Marion is a retirement community. Which would mean people move here to retire and most move to the Lakes area to retire or.... Florida. But not Marion to retire. As far as the options you would like such as a place to play pool or grab a beer etc, there are plenty of places like that in the world just not Marion. So if that's what you want why don't you get online and research and find that perfect place then pack up and move. If we had places like you describe here than you wouldn't be able to describe it as peaceful because that would change everything about Marion. Good Luck with your search....
OMG,i moved back here a few years ago and we had bars and such in our town and it was the same if not better,now,if we got rid of 25 of the 700 churchs here life will improve

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of29
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Marion Discussions

Search the Marion Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 2 hr Mississippi Man 81,233
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Jay 138,847
marion ky police dept. 7 hr Domestic violence 26
bubba hodge 8 hr Bubbas Accountant 14
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 17 hr Whitehair Is A Doofus 16,035
adam claybrooke 18 hr notafriend 4
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 18 hr BIG_STEVIE 418
•••
•••
•••
Marion Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Marion Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Marion People Search