Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 1,789)

Showing posts 35,761 - 35,780 of64,985
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Condoms can also be used as water balloons.
If that isn't too controversial!
I was actually referring to the incorrect stats they cite regarding condom failure rates to persuade "good Catholics" to abstain.

The water balloon part was actually pretty funny.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

former res wrote:
Had to remind myself what a swamp cooler is.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evaporative_cool...
Very interesting.
1/2 the price to install and 1/4 the cost to operate compared wih central a/c.
As the rabbee notes, they are popular out west where it is dry. But they dont work in the humidity. Even out west they dont work if it gets humid (like in Southern Arizona in July/August during the Monsoons).

former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Our friends have a vertical fan and it works great. We bought one and it doesnt work as well, because the airflow clashes with the ceiling fan airflow. One or the other, not both.
Interesting.

Conflicting airflows

maybe... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coriolis_effect

Kidding of course...but it made me think of it
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
I was actually referring to the incorrect stats they cite regarding condom failure rates to persuade "good Catholics" to abstain.
The water balloon part was actually pretty funny.
Sex is not allowed to be just for fun for these folks.

How sad is that?
Voluntarist

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
ummmm...how about killing OBL?
duh
He did? I thought he was anti-gun?

He.didn't kill him, the government did.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
As the rabbee notes, they are popular out west where it is dry. But they dont work in the humidity. Even out west they dont work if it gets humid (like in Southern Arizona in July/August during the Monsoons).
wow..I never knew they had monsoons out there.

We couldn't put the top down on our convertible due to excesseve heat there.
Voluntarist

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

JOEL PASTAKIA wrote:
"Pardon me, I forget you have to live in apartment buildings. How pedestrian."
LOL.
But, the apartment costs a minimum of $10 millions.
Beggar, did you get it?
Not something to brag about, what fool would buy an apartment for 10 million?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I know about such things (I lived in southern Arizona for 10 years). I have fond memories of cleaning out plugged spiders on my roof in 100 degrees in June because I was too lazy to service them in April.
Swamp coolers are the best! Except during the monsoon season. Then you pine for AC.
All old construction had swamp coolers - new construction had AC. The only time I had AC was when I lived in apartments.
rabbee: well i would not expect the monsoon season, in arizona to be much different than here in colorado. for even then, the humidity seldom gets above 30%. with the moistrue flow, from the baha penisula. but because of the mountains, any thing above 20% humidity results in a exponential chance of rain.

and because of the mountains up-draft, a 30% humidity being about 100% chance for rain. but of course when it rains, in a semi-arid climate. the thunderstoms works like a giant swamp cooler, dramaticly lowering the temperature. so you, win either way.

and the nice thing about, some the window models they have now. is they have a panel, that you can insert ice blocks in. which dramaticly helps on the cooling effort. since the cooler you keep the water resivoir, the more efficiently they cool. and with the newer type pads, you do not have to worry about rot.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Good news on the fix.
My in-laws in upstate NY have a whole house fan - it's fantastic!(Theirs is in a cupula.)
He runs it overnight and we're never hot while sleeping. Then shuts it off in the morning when the outside temp begins to exceed the inside temp.
It gets warm late in the day but is effective otherwise.
The ceiling fans are great for sleeping too - no noise.
I think I might have seen the vertical fans you're talking about - they look like towers?... they work pretty well do they?
rabbee: well vertical fans, are actually squirrel cage blowers. and are the most efficient type of fan system. moving larger amounts of air, for a lower cost. and just about all swamp coolers, utilize squirrel cage blowers. but you must be aware, that swamp coolers are an open air system. since they utilize the maximum amount of air flow. so generally you must open windows, on the farthest corner of the house or apartment.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well yes we do have sometimes two monsoon season here colorado. one generally in the spring, april, may and june from gulf flow moisture. and the other generally the result of a large statonary, thermo-low that forms over the desert southwest usually in july and august. that brings up moisture, from the baha penisula area of the pacific ocean.

and generally when large, storms move through, we first get hit with baha moisture first, untill the low pressure passes over the contenental divide, and then picks up gulf moisture. but as the storm crosses the divide, there is the slight break, in the rain or snow. and then we, really get it from the gulf flow.

but then there is the occasional high pressure rain fall, with a high pressure in the oklahoma panhandle. which brings up loads of moisture from the gulf. and like squeezes the moisture out, like a sponge against the mountains.

and of course hurricanes in the texas gulf coast, for some reason suck moisture to here in colorado. and even rarer reminants from huricanes, pass through the southeast part of colorado.

and then the occasional el-nina, which dramaticly increases rainfall in colorado. that have resulted in downfalls, of greater than 30" in half an hour.

so you really need to be prepared, for the weather here in colorado. since you can experience all four seasons, in less than an hour. so if you don't like the weather now, just wait a minute and see.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

JOEL PASTAKIA wrote:
A Theory of Everything (TOE) should be able to account for matter and sentience and teleology and show the the relations among them but most importantly it should explain how they are unified into one reality. This and this approach alone can be termed a TOE.
rabbee: well i believe in THE Theology Of Everything. since G-D, is not a theory to me. since none of your theories, can actually come and speak directly with me to explain themselves to me.

and i can tell the truth, to those who are willing to listen. if there really are any, willing to listen. so i must still tell the truth, even to those who are not willing to listen also. which is more the usual, naturally speaking that is.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a guarded secret.

Its not the same as the Aisian monsoon. But its called that anyhow. Daily thunderstorms and oppressive humidity from roughly July 4 to Labor Day. Some years it never happens.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Not something to brag about, what fool would buy an apartment for 10 million?
He wouldnt know. He rents.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
He did? I thought he was anti-gun?
He.didn't kill him, the government did.
I thought he was the head of the cabal?
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

Judged:

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be an emphatic yes.
And universal health care was icing on the cake.
You do keep a very small price for your presidency....that was how GWB the Fool, could pull the wool over your eyes and won that Re-election that 'he got rid of Saddam" and Obama would win re-election because he got rid of OBL!!

I think democracy is not suited from such simple voters as we find in your countries.

Any fool or trickster can be-witch them.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You do keep a very small price for your presidency....that was how GWB the Fool, could pull the wool over your eyes and won that Re-election that 'he got rid of Saddam" and Obama would win re-election because he got rid of OBL!!
I think democracy is not suited from such simple voters as we find in your countries.
What planet are you on?

If Obama gets reelected it isnt because of OBL, its because of universal healthcare and a general wariness of the bumbling idiocy and blandness of his wealthy opponent Mr Romney.

OBL doesnt factor that much into it - Foreign policy is not a big thing in this particular election.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

JOEL PASTAKIA wrote:
<quoted text>
These are the rates here in the upmarket areas.
Apartments sell for $ 20 millions a piece or more in some cases.
Real estate is very expensive in South Mumbai where the cream of society live.
You should just see the apartments in Cuffe Parade (where i live), Breach Candy, Malabar Hill, Carmichael Road, Altamount Road and other swanky areas and you'll be shocked at the rates and at the plush interiors.
People in these areas have money to burn.
The most expensive houses in the world costing upward of $ 1 billion are located on Mumbai's elite Carmichael Road and on trendy Breach Candy. One of my friend's, Gautam Singhania, of the industrial House of Singhania, has recently constructed a super plush house costing more than $ 1 billion on Breach Candy. It's simply fabulous. i have never seen a house like that in India or abroad. It's even better than Mukesh Ambani's house, Antilia, costing around $ 1 billion, on Carmichael Road. The interiors of Antilia are too garish for my tastes.
Anyway, i hope that you're naivete is now dispelled concerning the subject of cost of apartments in Mumbai since there are jealous beggars like Frijoles who live in tiny 2 bedroom houses who think that everyone is like him.
Frijoles sits the whole day in a tiny attic that he's converted into an office in his rat hole of a house and goes online for 12 or more hours each day searching for work to eke out a few miserable dollars that come his way. He can't afford afford anything decent and does not own anything decent. His idea of style is eating at a cheap joint like McDonald's and picnicking on the beach or at the most holidaying in a neighboring state. He's also jealous of those who are intellectually streets ahead of him. Besides, he's a fanatic who will go to any lengths to defend his evil cult.
The next 1 year is going to hold a few nasty shocks for this brainless, jealous demon worshipper, Frijoles, with a massive inferiority complex. He'll be devastated when he sees his own family destroyed before his own eyes.
All these months, i have been very supportive by helping him stabilize by using the yoga force that i have used to protect his interests.
But, going by his sustained and increasing hostility, jealousy, aggression, bigotry and opposition, i am having second thoughts and may withdraw the Force which as a result will shatter him, family and his meagre earnings in a short time. Besides, his homosexuality (he is 70% homosexual) warps his views and behavior.
i am disgusted by his behavior and by his fanaticism, jealousy, inferiority complex, parochialism, hostility to higher values and the like and want nothing to do with him from now on.
Frijoles doesn't realize that he has lost a sincere well wisher who has the capacity to make a big difference in a positive way in his life.
i have never faced such jealousy from inferior people before. Here in Mumbai we have very poor people living in the poorer parts of Mumbai but they are not infected with the virus of jealousy, hatred and sexual perversion.
i am shocked at the naked jealousy, aggression, hostility and stiff opposition to wealth, high living, intelligence, chastity, abstinence and yoga that i have seen among the American posters who evidently are mostly an impoverished and unintelligent lot and who're getting poorer by the day and who lack morals and class.
Doesnt change the fact you are a poser, and you probabky rent

You think we dont have expensive real estate here? WE do.

Volunteerist was rhetorically asking what TYPE of person would waste his time on an expensive piece of real estate. He already knows the answer. You Indians are not that unique, we have Americans who dumbly waste their money as well.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

JOEL PASTAKIA wrote:
The above topic is now closed.
That doesnt work either.

Besides, I dont think you are CAPABLE of posting without referenceing the wealth and class you wish you had.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Generally speaking, most if not all American elections are about the economy anyhow. This one especially.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

JOEL PASTAKIA wrote:
FRIJOLES:
Please stop posting in my name from now on.
i have always been very upfront about every aspect of my life and the yoga.
You can assume what you wish to about me.
i don't want any contact with you.
You can pursue your agenda online and in your personal life with others.
Just leave me out of your posts and replies.
i have completely withdrawn the Force Formation that i had placed on you for your well-being.
You're now on your own and at the mercy of the law of karma or cause and effect.
You have lost a genuine well wisher due to your jealousy, inferiority complex, lack of intelligence and plain demonic nature.
Please stick to your own kind.
Thank you.
No such luck.

Stop being obnoxious and I will stop replying in kind

Be nice and I will be nice

(big smiles)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 35,761 - 35,780 of64,985
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Margate Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Margate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance