Jury hears 2 tales of millionaire's murder

Feb 19, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Austin American-Statesman

“Charlie White Sr. had a perversion. He had a temper and a contrary aspect about him that completely destroyed his entire family”

Two very different stories about what happened when multimillionaire Charlie White Sr. via Austin American-Statesman

Comments
641 - 660 of 670 Comments Last updated Jan 25, 2014
sailor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2011

Judged:

Kathy hastings qualifies as the biggest liar in Gods creation. She has lied and ruined so many lives. You can see she has no regard for the law
mary uk

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2011

Judged:

omg kathy i hope you find some peace ....let it go love its over with, i take just watched the 48hrs show and googled too find out more and came across your postings,so i take it he was not a nice person too know?
angry dwarf

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2011

Judged:

The old man got what he deserved. I hope Darin can get himself together and live a fruitful life after he gets out in 2018.
CLL

Marble Falls, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2011

Judged:

Just ran across this post....

Most of you are way off on what Charlie Sr. was about. He was a lonely, angry man in his last days and would do nothing to hurt anyone (except voice his opinion which most people can't handle).

We are going to fault him for having $, living in HSB, being a swinger and living the lifestyle of a bachelor at his age? Not that I agree with his lifestyle, but if he was 30 would we all judge him the same way?

If he wanted something from a women he was blunt and would just tell them. Most people can't handle that.

And no I never had or wanted to have a relationship with Charlie Sr. I just know a different man than what most of you are saying.

No one deserves to die the way Charlie died and it breaks my heart to think of how he died. I remember a night years ago when he thought he beloved dog was missing and several of his good friends helped him search for him.

Charlie did have a heart. Unfortunately most of you believe the media and the gossip of those in the small town of HSB.

My heart goes out to those that lost him and to Charlie Jr. and his family for the CRAP they have had to deal with.
chantal

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2011

Judged:

so true....Charlie thought all the hooplah will be at his gravesite next to his parents not on internet or on Dateline or ID channel, behind Masion Walls or 48 hours...it's once a month on TV...kind of funny when you think he hated internet and cell phones....
was he angry or just tired of this life....never mind it's seems very few people really knew him and a lots of them have selective memories... dirt sells better anyway....i read Darin reads the Bible a lot what a joke isn't that what most criminals do...Born again Christian....
Hope all the people who live their lives to the fullest don't get wacked by their sons...
karen

Linköping, Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2011

Darin murded his father in a brutal way,but he is know in jail for that.There is soo many people who think they can see how Darin is as a person-do not doo that-you don`t know anything about anyone!
RTC

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2012

Judged:

Charlie White was an abusive whoremongering sociopath. The world is better of without him in it! He's the reason his other son commited suicide & why none of his children wanted to have a relationship with him! Disgusting pig of a man!
Julianne

Fort White, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2012

Judged:

It's a crappy thing to judge someone at a short sporting avent!!! He is my cousin and no one knew Charles like his family! I hope you never have to face something so horrific!!!
Julianne

Fort White, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2012

Judged:

angry dwarf wrote:
The old man got what he deserved. I hope Darin can get himself together and live a fruitful life after he gets out in 2018.

Wow your dad must have been perfect. No one knows Charlie like his family!! I should know I am.
Julianne

Fort White, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2012

Judged:

I'm Darren's cousin and until you came in contact with the REAL Charles White you may change your mind. Darren was ABUSED!!!!!!
chantal

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

Judged:

GEE abused....he was the spoil rotten child.
Junior didn't go wacked his father????
At 38 years old if you have that kind of impulse to go wacked somebody because you hold a grudge he should have gone to a nuthouse and have himself checked...
What would this world become if everytime you get angry you go wacked a person......
Does his bible in prison not tell him " thou shall not kill" oh oops that's now the killing was before....
all of you who support that murderer, you were like parasites at Senior's house enjoying the free vacations,restaurants, parties, jet ski, plane, girls etc etc.....nobody went complaining to the police about Senior abusing Darin....or did you....
not one of you did......wonder why.....bunch of hypocrites......

Ktk

Brandon, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2012

One son killed himself. One son would never return his fathers calls and cut him out of his life. One son killed him. Sounds like his relationships with his children were far past disfunctional.
Jen

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2012

Judged:

Lol... The comments are crazy between Katy & Kathy... Don't you both realize that nobody get away with anything ever? It's not our jobs to judge or punish, the wheels of justice turn very slow, everybody pays one way or another. I hope both of you find peace..
MJ Jones

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Judged:

I knew Charlie White in the '60s. I was a young innocent young woman who had never met anyone of his stature or money and was totally sucked into his web of evil. I was a young wife and mother and Charlie came after me with a vengence just because I was blonde and had a cute figure. I was so dumb and didn't know any better. I've regreted meeting this man the rest of my life. He was mean, arrongant, and had no feelings for anyone but himself. He had a wife and 4-5 kids. I can't remember. He took me to his house when his wife was out at the lake house. He didn't care if she came home or not, and I evidently didn't know any better. Needless to say, I got a divorce and moved away, but somehow Charlie found me. I will never know how he did, but he was Charlie White. I am not surprised he ended up being murdered, I'm just surprised it wasn't someone's husband who did it. I say he world is a lot better place without him in it.

“ain't she sweet?”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2012

Slap on the wrist!? Those who've said Darin got a slap on the wrist need their heads examined. Probation would have been a slap on the wrist.....half your life in a Texas Correctional Facility is by far NOT just a slap.
B-W- G-F-

Thomasville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2012

Judged:

I have seen the show twice now and I believe Darin doesn't need to be in prison. I just got married to a man in prison for killing his step mother and three brothers because he didn't want his brothers to go through the abuse he did in his life. His father always called him a no good piece of s--t and all kinds of things, tell him how no good he was, and so forth, and it does something to them. No not everyone kills when they are abused, I was abused and don't know why I haven't killed. And I am a very sane together woman. I would like to write to Darin just to tell him there is another one behind him. His father was a piece of crap. How much do people think someone should take? I hope Darin gets out real soon!!!!
Anonymous

Eastland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2012

Judged:

Corrections wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wondering --- by any chance do you have any
contact information on Linda ? Or a last name ?
I'd really like to ask her a few questions about
the death of her little girl, right after she and
Charles got together back in the late 70's or
early 80's. Like to talk to one or both of her
other two daughters too.
Lynda is doing wonderful, and is very happy. She has moved past all of this, as has the rest
Of the family. Just a bad memory in the past. She only has one surviving daughter.
B-W- G-F-

Thomasville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

Judged:

MJ Jones wrote:
I knew Charlie White in the '60s. I was a young innocent young woman who had never met anyone of his stature or money and was totally sucked into his web of evil. I was a young wife and mother and Charlie came after me with a vengence just because I was blonde and had a cute figure. I was so dumb and didn't know any better. I've regreted meeting this man the rest of my life. He was mean, arrongant, and had no feelings for anyone but himself. He had a wife and 4-5 kids. I can't remember. He took me to his house when his wife was out at the lake house. He didn't care if she came home or not, and I evidently didn't know any better. Needless to say, I got a divorce and moved away, but somehow Charlie found me. I will never know how he did, but he was Charlie White. I am not surprised he ended up being murdered, I'm just surprised it wasn't someone's husband who did it. I say he world is a lot better place without him in it.
I'm going to ask what is wrong with your mind, but what was wrong with your legs? Have you ever heard of "RUN"? Charlie is a man, men do this all the time and will keep doing it till they die, that's just fact. Men think with there PENIS, always have, men are pigs!!!!
Chantal

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Judged:

B--W-G-F good for you!
But this lady is not telling the whole truth either.
She " moved away" for a reason.....
And Charlie found her to check if " the rumors he had heard" we're true! And they were. The lady could have rock the boat if she wanted but there was a hefty price to pay to it....
This lady choosed charlie and money over her children and her husband.... She choose lust over wows!
It takes two to tango.
If she didn't want it she could have said no or kick him in his balls as simple as that.
As for Darin after all these years I am going to tell the truth.
Darin slept with his father's wife, girlfriends ..... And Sweet loving Darcy knew all this.
Darin slept with his brother's wives too and loved to bragged about it. And Senior was always trying to make sure the brothers didn't know about it.
Why do you think none of his brothers testify in Darin's favor.
As for Lance " suicide" it happens on his mother property with Darin just in the other room.
As for Ronny he didn't speak to his mother either. And I am going to leave it there.
LAURA

Wheat Ridge, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

I lived with Darin @ Charlie Srs house in horseshoe bay in 94 & 95. So if anyone knows what was going on or has a right to talk.....hmmmm

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marble Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) 38 min Wow Wee 662
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 58 min That Fart Guy 17,834
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 1 hr That Fart Guy 22,257
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) Aug 25 Gasman 618
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Aug 25 Gasman 512
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) Aug 21 Gasman 523
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) Aug 19 Gasman 766
•••
•••
•••

Marble Falls Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Marble Falls People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Marble Falls News, Events & Info