Fixing what Mother Nature Destroyed

Jul 17, 2012 | Posted by: Round One | Full story: www.thedailymail.net

Madeline Cobb, center, and Molly Moran, right, set stones with help from a hiker. Photo by W.T. Eckert

Adirondack Mountain Club crew brings its skill to Art Trail

By W. T. Eckert

Hudson-Catskill Newspapers

HAINES FALLS For six weeks they have been busting hump, busting chops, facing the challenges of the ever-present public and rebuilding what Mother Nature saw fit to tear down.

The Professional Trail Crew of the Adirondack Mountain Club have been at site five of the Hudson River School of Art Trail, or what has become known simply as Kaaterskill Falls, for over a month and a half putting up a retaining wall that will allow safe passage for those that hike the heavily used trail as well as make it stronger and more weather resistant than before.

Comments
1 - 1 of 1 Comments Last updated Jul 17, 2012
M Neeson

Delmar, NY

#1 Jul 17, 2012
Why are they rearranging Mother Nature's
handiwork if they really love nature so much?

Brings to mind the old commercial line,
"It's not nice to fool with Mother Nature".

I think it pertained to margerine vs butter?

Anyway just a thought. Still love the
Falls and my good old 2nd home, Haines Falls.

I miss it and the people. Hi to all!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maplecrest Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) 13 min Figo01 441
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 11 hr Who are trying to... 6,413
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Aug 29 Lol 16,779
Police Anchor Camp (Mar '06) Aug 24 DOES ANY ONE KNOW 139
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) Aug 7 dew4794 673
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) Aug '14 tbird Cat Controller 756
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Aug '14 r u crazy 6,377
•••
•••

Maplecrest Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Maplecrest People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Maplecrest News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Maplecrest