Youth killed in Maple Valley by dump truck

Sep 12, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Seattle Post-Intelligencer

A Maple Valley boy was killed Monday after he was struck on a skateboard by a dump truck. via Seattle Post-Intelligencer

Comments
41 - 42 of 42 Comments Last updated Mar 17, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
jamie

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2010

annon wrote:
I heard that this boy wasn't all too innocent and may be responsible for his actions, although a sad loss of life. I also feel sorry for the truck driver that has to bear this incident for the rest of his life. My suspicions were correct as his memorial displayed a marajuana leaf.
stfu you didn't know him. why would you post this?!?! sooo rude! this is to remember him to not judge him !
Nobody special

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

or OR people could use some actual common sense these days. You people think that slowing traffic or putting up all these signs and lights will make things better. Good lord you could not be more wrong. If you can't teach your children how to LISTEN and HEAR vehicles coming your way or actually be careful when it's dark out, then even drivers going TEN miles an hour will eventually kill someone. This wasn't some drunk driver or someone being irresponsible, this was a man driving a HUGE, LOUD VEHICLE as part of his JOB.

The real tragedy is making every other person in the area pay the price for this kid's mistake. Lower speed limits? Spend money on lights and shit you don't really need? Give me a fucking break. This is the kind of shit that's ruining this country, no fucking accountability. All you see is tragedy this and preventable that, and always your solutions include everything EXCEPT the most important thing which is teaching people how to be aware of what's going on around them, making INTELLIGENT decisions and just having plain old-fashioned common sense, probably because you're too afraid to place blame where it actually lies, the dead person, because you don't want to hurt someone's feelings. Well suck it up, death happens, accidents happen, it's a part of life. Grieve and mourn yes, but don't drag it out pointlessly and have it negatively impact the whole community by wasting time and money on this pathetic drama.

Nobody I know has died to a GIGANTIC SLOW MOVING LOUD ASS VEHICLE. And do you know why? because the people I know watch where they are going. Sorry to the family for your loss, but don't blame the city or workers for something that, most likely, wasn't their fault nor could they have done anything about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Maple Valley Discussions

Search the Maple Valley Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Location of Cedar River Rope Swing Jul 27 sn6uV 1
WA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Washingto... (Oct '10) Jul 22 EasyEed 710
Pierce County pair found guilty of assault, the... (Feb '06) Nov '13 Terry Shykes 5
Auburn police blotter | Nov. 15 (Nov '13) Nov '13 earthpulse 1
Poll Finds Pride Flag More Offensive Than Confe... (Nov '13) Nov '13 rfirma1 75
Marble Slab Customer service (Feb '11) May '13 sara 3
A warning to other women about Michael Pedersen... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Margaret 2
•••
•••

Maple Valley News Video

•••
•••

Maple Valley Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000