Wondering

Larchmont, NY

#1 Aug 5, 2012
What is this I hear about a new bodega on Neighborhood and Locust? Just what we need.. another place for the kids to hang out and do drugs..
the truth is out there

Dobbs Ferry, NY

#2 Aug 5, 2012
Wondering wrote:
What is this I hear about a new bodega on Neighborhood and Locust? Just what we need.. another place for the kids to hang out and do drugs..
Yes a public notice is on the front.Go to the meeting and tell them we don't need it,and tell them to make the owner to clean it up, looks like hell.
The owner is an investor but not the kind we need in our village he also owns Smittys.
MB Lover

Shirley, NY

#3 Aug 5, 2012
From what I have heard about this investor, he isn't looking to make the community better. He is looking to put in "garbage" stores like he wants a dollar store at Smitty's. Low class is not what we need.
sil

Center Moriches, NY

#4 Aug 5, 2012
lol.... I dont think saks fith ave is moving here any time soon
Village is corrupt

Mastic Beach, NY

#5 Aug 6, 2012
go to www.masticbeachvillagecrier.com for the latest on exactly WHO is pushing this through.

But forget about the bodega, our own Dept. Mayor Stiriz has been allowed by the village (himself, basically)to illegally store boats and equipment on A1 zoned property AND they are allowing him to keep that illegal structure that he calls a business.
My neighbor gets a 1000 dollar fine and a stop work order because he was replacing a small deck on his house but the Dept. Mayor can illegally store boats on the wet lands and have an illegal structure on his property without any problems from the village.(I wounder if HIS smoke detectors were checked for batteries?)
I guess there are two sets of rules now. One for Friends of the "vision", and one for the rest us that need to fund the village and their families.
CORRUPT, CORRUPT, CORRUPT!!!
Village is corrupt

Mastic Beach, NY

#6 Aug 6, 2012
sil wrote:
lol.... I dont think saks fith ave is moving here any time soon
Why not? VOGUE did.
decided

Dobbs Ferry, NY

#7 Aug 6, 2012
We know who is trying to get this in right Mario. Lets wait for the new zoning board to work out things before they try to get anything approved.
MB Lover

Shirley, NY

#8 Aug 6, 2012
I think that trying to bring business into MB is great but not cheap, garbage businesses. I think they should be trying to improve the Village not continue allowing the same old crappy stores to open up.
OMG

Yaphank, NY

#9 Aug 6, 2012
The last thing this Village need is a bodega and 99 cent store. Mr Sal (the investor) has no impressed me with his plans. I really hope the Village does alot of checking on this man.
OMG indeed

Mastic Beach, NY

#10 Aug 6, 2012
OMG wrote:
The last thing this Village need is a bodega and 99 cent store. Mr Sal (the investor) has no impressed me with his plans. I really hope the Village does alot of checking on this man.
They love him! Money, money, money!!! Shady deals go through, corrupt "politicians" get to do whatever they want while WE get stuck with the bill. Nice "vision" for a village!
Dump Bissonett

Dobbs Ferry, NY

#11 Aug 6, 2012
OMG indeed wrote:
<quoted text>They love him! Money, money, money!!! Shady deals go through, corrupt "politicians" get to do whatever they want while WE get stuck with the bill. Nice "vision" for a village!
We don't need more land rapers in our village, that's how we got this way in the first place. We need to replace more of the board next election.We don't need old pro's on our board that don't do anything but talk.
sil

Center Moriches, NY

#12 Aug 6, 2012
the man originally wanted to put a nice restaurant there, thats what we need, go to the hearing and tell them that. People we need to start to upgrade this area.
the truth is out there

Dobbs Ferry, NY

#13 Aug 6, 2012
sil wrote:
the man originally wanted to put a nice restaurant there, thats what we need, go to the hearing and tell them that. People we need to start to upgrade this area.
He wanted to put a fast food restaurant in. Gail had said that homes were on that side street and it was not fair for the homeowners. Some of the trustees felt the same.
At first he wanted to rent it to the village for 20 thousand a month, and have the village do all repairs but the board said no thanks. His last idea was to put in a dollar store, something we don't need.
Chuck

Brooklyn, NY

#14 Aug 6, 2012
How bout a bail bonds office?
Evan Must Die

Hicksville, NY

#15 Aug 7, 2012
make it a police substation.
Brady

Bronx, NY

#16 Aug 7, 2012
Yeah, I know, I said I would be quiet....

Sal the investor is a moron! He bought 3 properties without any idea what he wanted to do with them.

He hopes to make Smitty's into a Drug Store. I think it's stupid because we have too many drug stores already.

He wants to make the Sons of Italy into a "diner" which some are calling a bodega. Any way you look at this idea, he needs community support, which he isn't going to receive. He filed for a change of use zoning which is being heard this week. One problem is he didn't send required cert. mails to all the surrounding residents.(I know some of them).

And, as for Bruce Summmmmmmmmmmmmmmma, how dare you disparage a member of the zoning board by printing what you did. I hope he sues your ass!

And Associated. Yikes!
Zany Frank

Mastic Beach, NY

#17 Aug 7, 2012
Brady wrote:
And, as for Bruce Summmmmmmmmmmmmmmma, how dare you disparage a member of the zoning board by printing what you did. I hope he sues your ass!
WHY???

It's true!

What, we aren't allowed to speak the truth in the village now? Did Gary take that right away from us also at one of their closed door meetings?
Hes corrupt, as is most of the village board. I still see Gary hasn't been fined for illegally storing his boats on wet lands. I wonder how much oil and gas has leaked from those crappy boats into our water way, but yet Garys a hero in the village. Cant wait to vote his ass out and that "I see nothing, I hear nothing" Mayor of ours. What a joke he turned out to be.
Brady

Bronx, NY

#18 Aug 7, 2012
I wasn't talking about Gary.
Zany Frank

Mastic Beach, NY

#19 Aug 7, 2012
Brady wrote:
I wasn't talking about Gary.
I know. Im pointing out that what Bruce wrote was true.
AND I'm pointing out that Gary is corrupt and that it's wrong for HIM to get special treatment from the village with what is clearly a CODE VIOLATION while the rest of us have to pay expensive fines all because we aren't buddies with the mayor. I mean, he can have an illegal structure on his property and illegally store boats in the wet lands, but the MBPOA gets shut down for 3 months with a stop work order because they were replacing a guard shack at the marinas? Smells like corruption to me!!
Brady

Bronx, NY

#20 Aug 7, 2012
Bruce was writing about Chris who has done nothing wrong, yet he is being accused of being in the investor's pocket.

I hope the variance or change of use is denied. The investor did not notify all the adjoining property owners (one of whom actually is on the zoning board by the way).

Bruce can say anything he wants about Gary. But, he should be very careful of accusing someone of corruption that has not even happened.

As far as the other issues...vent all you want.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manorville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dans Horse dead farm (Aug '13) 25 min Dantheman 230
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr frilled2b 6,430
Meeting was a Joke 5 hr Oh Zany 37
Victor Fired (Jul '13) 20 hr hoo doo you think... 92
process service going up for BID after electioni (Jan '14) 20 hr hoo doo you think... 64
Why are Italian men so short? (Jul '11) Tue henu 43
bruce likes banana and fudge Mon Sunshine 4
•••

Manorville News Video

•••
•••

Manorville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••