Activists protest outing of men in gay sex sting

Apr 9, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Marin Independent Journal

A Los Angeles gay rights group says Manhattan Beach police were wrong to release to the media the names and photos of 18 men arrested in an undercover gay sex sting last week.

Comments
1 - 17 of 17 Comments Last updated Jul 8, 2012

Since: Jan 12

New Port Richey, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 10, 2012
 
This is what happens when straight try to play gay

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

When you perform in public, your actions are likely to,be exposed.

“Married 6/17/08”

Since: Feb 07

Porterville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 10, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

At least in CA police only targeting 1 gender is a violation of law. Hope these men sue and take over the city.
Frank Stanton

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 10, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

are the ameriKKKan breeders arrested and names released when they have sex right on that beach sand.

pathetic ameriKKKa.
Ray T

Banks, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 10, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Like straights never party in the park? Give me a break, of course they do. How come there are never any straight sex stings? I am not taking a stand on the right or wrong of public sex, Only making the point of another form of discrimination.

“Son of Abraham”

Since: Aug 07

Natural Deviant

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

So this attractive female police officer cruises parks trying to entice old men to go in the bushes so she can blow them...

Funny how that never happens.
Elroy

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

McMike wrote:
So this attractive female police officer cruises parks trying to entice old men to go in the bushes so she can blow them...
Funny how that never happens.
Female undercover cops constantly pose as prostitutes to snag Johns. And the men's pictures, names and addresses are posted in the paper. Happens ALL THE TIME! What do you live under a rock?

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 10, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Elroy wrote:
<quoted text>
Female undercover cops constantly pose as prostitutes to snag Johns. And the men's pictures, names and addresses are posted in the paper. Happens ALL THE TIME! What do you live under a rock?
That's a little bit different. I remember when my female roommate was caught in the bushes with her male companion three times in one night. The cops finally escorted them out of the park. I know this because they were laughing about it when they told me.

If they had been same gender, they would have been arrested the first time. I know this from the published police records.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

It is comforting to know that Manhattan Beach has so little crime it can afford to have its cops spend all day hanging around tearooms busting people for having sex.

Since: Jan 12

New Port Richey, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 11, 2012
 
They stopped that here after they busted some preacher after he made bail went home and shot himself since than no more arrest reports in the papers for that at least.
MD_LA

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jul 4, 2012
 
Elroy wrote:
<quoted text>
Female undercover cops constantly pose as prostitutes to snag Johns. And the men's pictures, names and addresses are posted in the paper. Happens ALL THE TIME! What do you live under a rock?
Correct, Elroy... but do they publish the names of EVERY guy they arrest in the paper? NO! THAT is the "double standard" to which most of these commenters are referring.
MD_LA

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

nhjeff wrote:
When you perform in public, your actions are likely to,be exposed.
The problem is that this "exposure" is only directed toward ONE group of people. I have never EVER seen straight couples arrested for exactly the same thing, much less seen their names printed in the paper. And, trust me, I stumble upon straight couples screwing on the beach ALL the time. Are they "arrested"? No, they are sent home. When "straight men" are arrested —in Manhattan Beach—for soliciting female prostitutes... are their names printed in the paper? NO. Either "expose" everyone equally, or "expose" noone.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jul 5, 2012
 
MD_LA wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that this "exposure" is only directed toward ONE group of people. I have never EVER seen straight couples arrested for exactly the same thing, much less seen their names printed in the paper. And, trust me, I stumble upon straight couples screwing on the beach ALL the time. Are they "arrested"? No, they are sent home. When "straight men" are arrested —in Manhattan Beach—for soliciting female prostitutes... are their names printed in the paper? NO. Either "expose" everyone equally, or "expose" noone.
This is true. See my post #9. Hypocrisy among authorities, however, is no excuse for bad judgment.

Since: Jan 12

New Port Richey, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jul 7, 2012
 
MD_LA wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that this "exposure" is only directed toward ONE group of people. I have never EVER seen straight couples arrested for exactly the same thing, much less seen their names printed in the paper. And, trust me, I stumble upon straight couples screwing on the beach ALL the time. Are they "arrested"? No, they are sent home. When "straight men" are arrested —in Manhattan Beach—for soliciting female prostitutes... are their names printed in the paper? NO. Either "expose" everyone equally, or "expose" noone.
Your not going to find women soliciting sex in a men's room ether

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jul 7, 2012
 
disaster in the making wrote:
<quoted text>
Your not going to find women soliciting sex in a men's room ether
Perhaps they're not hanging out in men's rooms seeking sexual liaisons. But plenty of opposite-sex couples have done the deed in rest rooms.

“suck”

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jul 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mr Huffman wrote:
What's wrong with publishing the names/addresses of these gays, are they ashamed of being queer or something?
Whatever happened to Gay Pride?
LMFAO
There aint such thing as gay pride, only gay shame.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jul 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Mr Huffman wrote:
What's wrong with publishing the names/addresses of these gays, are they ashamed of being queer or something?
Whatever happened to Gay Pride?
LMFAO
It's a problem for the supposedly straight people who remained in the closet until they were outed by the newspaper story. Maybe if another outed evangelist shoots himself they'll reconsider.

It's not a problem for proud gay guys I guess. But for alot of gay guys that are still closeted for whatever reason (married, have kids, employers or employees that shouldn't know, or maybe big money-making "Christian" ministries), being outed in the newspaper can ruin their whole lives!

It's amazing what some guys will risk for just a few minutes of pleasure.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Los Angeles County was issued at August 21 at 9:32AM PDT

•••

Manhattan Beach News Video

•••
•••

Manhattan Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Manhattan Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Manhattan Beach News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Manhattan Beach
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••