Next Last
Cynical Voter

Madisonville, KY

#1 Jan 26, 2010
Official WNT Contracts Signed; Clay County Proud Home of Green Industry
Cynical Voter

Madisonville, KY

#2 Jan 26, 2010
This is the article that was paid for by Mayor Lewis in the December 24 issue of the Manchester Enterprise. Printed as written (excuse any typo's)
Cynical Voter

Madisonville, KY

#3 Jan 26, 2010
The face of Clay County and Manchester as we know it was changed with the groundbreaking ceremony and official contract signing Monday, in Y Hollow.

Waste Not Technologies team from Destin, Florida, along with Elza Construction of London, Kentucky, and Manchester's finest were present for the historical moment in our history.

The event was marked with the performance of the National Anthem and My Old Kentucky Home, as sang by Clay Countian, Dr. David Gregory.

Special Speakers included guests from all over the state of Kentucky and beyond, including CEO of Global Green Holdings. David Bennett, Commissioner Jim Navolio, from the Department for Business Development representing Governor Steve Beshear, Senior Advisor Bill Burger representing Governor Daniel Mongiardo, Commissioner Richie Farmer with the Department of Agriculture, Majority Floor Leader and Senator Robert Stivers, and Representative Tim Couch.
The Good People

London, KY

#4 Jan 26, 2010
Cynical Voter wrote:
The face of Clay County and Manchester as we know it was changed with the groundbreaking ceremony and official contract signing Monday, in Y Hollow.
Waste Not Technologies team from Destin, Florida, along with Elza Construction of London, Kentucky, and Manchester's finest were present for the historical moment in our history.
The event was marked with the performance of the National Anthem and My Old Kentucky Home, as sang by Clay Countian, Dr. David Gregory.
Special Speakers included guests from all over the state of Kentucky and beyond, including CEO of Global Green Holdings. David Bennett, Commissioner Jim Navolio, from the Department for Business Development representing Governor Steve Beshear, Senior Advisor Bill Burger representing Governor Daniel Mongiardo, Commissioner Richie Farmer with the Department of Agriculture, Majority Floor Leader and Senator Robert Stivers, and Representative Tim Couch.
Yeah, If she knew the way its going to change, she would pee in her panties!!!
Cynical Voter

Madisonville, KY

#5 Jan 26, 2010
The special ceremony, housed in an appropriately green tent at the Y Hollow construction site, began with an invocation led by Manchester Baptist Pastor, Ken Bolin.

A hundred people or more were gathered and spiling out of the tent, were led in prayer by Pastor Bolin, before introducing Mayor Carmen Webb Lewis.

"In 2007, more voters voted in the city election than ever before, and they voted for Mayor Carmen Lewis," said Bolin. "Since then, Mayor Lewis has worked tirelessly to build, revitalize, and renew Manchester."

"I want to thank everyone who has been a part of this . There is no limit to what can be accomplished any time you get a group of people working together to achieve a common goal. That is evident by what has taken place here today." , said Commissioner Richie Farmer.

"I noticed a lot of people involved in the plans for this facility are all from kentucky, companies like Elza and Branscrum Construction. Not only will they do a good job, they'll take pride in what they do," said Farmer.

Farmer commended all who were involved in the hard work put forth into the project.

"Fifteen or twenty years ago, if anyone would have said we'd have a facility that is green, and takes solid waste and turns it into anything from wall-board to railroad ties, you would have thought that they were watching too much of the Jetsons or maybe got into grandpa's mason jars," said Farmer. "I am proud to call myself a Kentuckian and a Clay Countian on this day. This is a wonderful Christmas present for all of us."

Senator Robert Stivers, as introduced by Ken Bolin, was said to have been a Senator since 1997, elected Chairman to the Kentucky Judiciary Committee, and most recently elected Majority Floor Leader of the Kentucky State Senate.

Several Years ago we began to pray and wonder what God were going to do, and how we were going to get money to build things as far as to fight our drug problem. One of the men who have worked tirelessly to help us secure funding and resources in the renaissance of our county is Robert Stivers," said Bolin.

Senator Stivers was openly disappointed at the absence of our out-of -county media coverage of the historical event, not only for Clay County, but a first in the nation. However "We talk about Kentucky Proud, and I look around here and I've heard all the comments. I would just ask these people in the audience if anybody from Courier-Journal is here? Is there anyone from the Lexington Herald Leader here? Any television stations? Nothing from Lexington or Louisville, nothing to portray us as we really are-not as they wish us to be," said Stivers. "When we set around and talk about a day like today, it is nothing more than Clay County-proud. I'm proud to say I'm from here, I'm Clay County proud."
gunzz

London, KY

#6 Jan 26, 2010
clay county proud ,indeed,hahaha
Cynical Voter

Madisonville, KY

#7 Jan 26, 2010
Stivers says that he has watched the process from the very beginning, but that the true credit goes to all involved. "I've watched this and I've helped a little bit. But there are a lot of other people who had a lot more to do with it. What I can say to Mr. Bennett, everyone here today, and to the absent media that neveer shows up when there's a good story: This is something that our leadership, our Mayor, City Council, and other people have been a part of . Today is the day that yes, we are Kentucky proud, but we are Clay County proud for the job that our Mayor has done."

Representative Tim Couch also shared words at the event, whom Pastor Bolin also said contributed to the change that's taken place in Clay County over the last five years.

Couch spoke of working in the coalmines, and the potential of Clay's students to go to college and have a job.

"That's what it's all about. We appreciate the Mayor, Senator Stivers, Commissioner Farmer's , and the due diligence in this project. We are proud of Clay County, we'll wave at you as we go by," said Couch. "We have a tough job ahead of us as we're going into session. We're looking for great things in."

Pastor Bolin then announced special guest , of the evening, David Bennett, Ceo, of Global Green Holdings, LLC.

"Today we want to welcome David R. Bennett to Manchester. He is a manager, founder, and owner of many businesses. Minute Mill Works, in alma, Georgia, Bennett Enterprises in Lakecross Georgia, Bennett Enterprises in Lakecross Georgia, Quality Mill Work in Albany and Lake Cross, Waste Not Technologies, Green Tech Mills in New Mexico, and Blue Ribbon Mill Works. He has patents on the market, Bennett is an expert in turning waste into projit. He's presently working on making moldings and using fuel cells mixed with coal to make it more profitable. David Bennett, I think, was sent to us from God," announced Bolin.
Cynical Voter

Madisonville, KY

#8 Jan 26, 2010
"I want to give an honor to all my distinguished constituents, Mayor Lewis and Senator Stivers," said Bennett. " I don't normally give speeches, but speak straight from the heart."

Bennett told listeners that Global Green Holdings, Waste Not Technology, worked side by side with Mayor Carmen Lewis and Senator Robert Stivers to make the plant possible, giving thanks to God for the beginning of a dream come true.

"First and foremorst, we give honor to Father God, who started this dream 11 years ago with us, There are certain happening in one's life that take place, that we can remember back to a spot. Today is a day for Manchester and Clay County to mark the spot," said Bennett. " Global Breen Holdings and Waste Not Technologies are just a facilitator of one facet, but we had to have you, the people. We can't shop up here with 1,400 people and build an 800 square foot facility."

Bennett said referred to a verse in the bible, in Ecclesiastes. "Ecclesiastes says there is a time and a season for all things. We've marked a time and we've marked a season for all things. We've marked a time and we've marked a season - today. It's an honor and a privilege to sign our name to the funding of the project," concluded Bennett. "Manchester has stuck with it, has fulfilled their obligations, we're fulfilling our obligations, and we have brought together an alignment of the effort. So we want to thank the City of Manchester, Mayor Carmen Lewis, and Senator Robert Stivers."

Commissioner Jim Navolio with the Department of Business Development, representing Governor Steve Beshear gave a short speech at the groundbreaking, where he extended a hand on behalf of the state, saying that the Governor is behind the happening of Waste Not Technology and the City of Manchester whenever they may need him.

Bill Burger, representative for Lieutenant Governor Mongiardo was also present at the event, and thanked the Mayor and Senator Robert Stivers for their hard work in making WNT a reality for Clay County.

Community Church Leader, Reverend Doug Abner, concluded the evening with a word of benediction and of inspiration.

"I don't know how we wound up being on the 700 club. The story of what was happening in Clay County ran it live at 10 a.m., and by 5 p.m., hundreds of people had called from all over the nation to ask us to come and talk to them about what we were doing. over the period of the next year or so, people have come to Manchester and wanted us to pray for them and send them back to where they came from ," said Abner. "God started to do things about our drug situation. The Bible says for us to come together as one. One thing led to another, and I got a call from Wendy Griffith from the 700 Club. She said that Manchester came from the City of Dope to the City of Hope. That is where that name came from."

Reverend Abner went on to say that the world is beginning to look at Clay County in a different, more positive light.

"Sometimes we can't see the forest for the trees, but we're being looked at in a differetn light," says Abner. "Waste Not Technology is a big peice of that puzzle tha's coming together and I believe our best days are in front of us."
VOTE

Corbin, KY

#9 Jan 26, 2010
I WILL VOTE FOR GEORGE.

“GUNZMITH”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#10 Jan 26, 2010
i gave out better dreams then that to you people and you turned your backs on clay countys future
maybe

London, KY

#11 Jan 27, 2010
maybe the reason for media coverage was they knew somethhing that we should ?
RA Quigley

San Francisco, CA

#12 Jan 27, 2010
maybe wrote:
maybe the reason for media coverage was they knew somethhing that we should ?
You got this 100% correct. Professional media organizations have a procedure for fact checking all stories before spending money and publishing!

Look at the "Big Wigs" that fell for this scam hook, line and sinker! Beware voters including all voters across the state for all offices. Politicians and candidates in this line up each failed to do the most basic of research. Each one simply went along with the crowd or group!

People see what they want to see!

Always choose brains and experience when electing folks to public office!
Former Clay Countian

Cincinnati, OH

#13 Jan 27, 2010
I'm in the dark here. I heard a recyling plant was coming but I haven't heard anything further. Did the plans fall through. What's all the posts about?
Cynical Voter

Madisonville, KY

#14 Jan 27, 2010
Also incluced in this section of the paper that was paid for by the mayor was a little article they called "BENNETT'S DREAM".
James

AOL

#15 Jan 27, 2010
Former Clay Countian wrote:
I'm in the dark here. I heard a recyling plant was coming but I haven't heard anything further. Did the plans fall through. What's all the posts about?
The people who did research on David Bennett and his company WNT
found that his information on himself is not true. He has lawsuits and judgements against him. He has no patents as he claims. Therefore, some people doubt that he can or will do what he says. The city officials still believes him.
Cynical Voter

Madisonville, KY

#16 Jan 27, 2010
It came to David bennett in a dream . This is according to the CEO of Waste Not Technologies and Global Green Holdings himself.

The idea to start a Green Park , how to build it, and where he should put it, was given to Bennettt in a dream, he says, by Father God.

"I was staying at a condo in Smyrna Beach, Florida. I had just built up a Mill Works business, which I had sold for more money than what it was worth, really, and I kind of didn't know where to go." said Bennett, in an interview Monday, following the Waste Not Technologies groundbreaking ceremony. I prayed to God and asked him to let me know what to do, to make a difference, and to make an impact- to change people's lives," said Bennett.

Bennett says after praying he went about his day on the beach, without thinking much about it.

"That night, I had a dream. I was in a room with a bright light. A narrator, who I never did see, said that this was my purpose for Earth. He gave me a coalition of things to do. He showed me that there would be a market downturn; just like we're seeing today.

And through it all, I was taking notes in my head," said Bennett.

Bennett says he awoke the next morning. I'm not a radical who sees angels all the time, but I knew that was God. I knew the dream wasn't over," said Bennett.

Bennett says the next night, his dream picked up right where it had left off.

"The second night, the narrator showed me scriptures to coincide with everything. He said, "As long as the Earth remains, it would be seedtime at harvest". There was a great need coming. He showed me some facts and figures, and how to replenish Motheer earth." Bennett described.

Acccordiing to Bennett, in 1980 there were 11,000 landfill and 200 million people in the United States. Today there are 320 million people in the United States, he says.

"We bury our natural resources every day in land fills. Standard business practice says if you take a trillion and replenish it, it will turn into three trillion. So I said, "Father, I hear you"," Bennett says.

Bennewtt says he believes God led him to Manchester, to get back to a small town.

Bennett says, "We sometimes develop a business system and we try to take it to market before the market's ready. But when we take it in God's time, it's always the right time," says Bennett. "And as long as this Earth remains, there will be a seed, there will be a time, there will be a harvest. God the Father has developed a plan, not David Bennett."
RA Quigley

San Francisco, CA

#17 Jan 27, 2010
Cynical Voter wrote:
Also incluced in this section of the paper that was paid for by the mayor was a little article they called "BENNETT'S DREAM".
For the sake of fairness and completeness, would it be possible to include this SMALL article in our topix coverage?

You did a great job on the main article!!
Cynical Voter

Madisonville, KY

#18 Jan 27, 2010
Another article in the paid for by mayor section was entitled: MAYOR LEWIS ADDRESSES CITY...
Ground Breaking Ceremony Sparks New Hope for Manchester
RA Quigley

San Francisco, CA

#19 Jan 27, 2010
James wrote:
<quoted text>
The people who did research on David Bennett and his company WNT
found that his information on himself is not true. He has lawsuits and judgements against him. He has no patents as he claims. Therefore, some people doubt that he can or will do what he says. The city officials still believes him.
The city officials are putting on a "mask of belief" to do otherwise is tantamount to admitting guilt. In their minds,they think that they still have a political career. But, sooner or later, come election time these elected city officials will find themselves looking for a new career!
RA Quigley

San Francisco, CA

#20 Jan 27, 2010
Cynical Voter wrote:
It came to David bennett in a dream . This is according to the CEO of Waste Not Technologies and Global Green Holdings himself.
The idea to start a Green Park , how to build it, and where he should put it, was given to Bennettt in a dream, he says, by Father God.
"I was staying at a condo in Smyrna Beach, Florida. I had just built up a Mill Works business, which I had sold for more money than what it was worth, really, and I kind of didn't know where to go." said Bennett, in an interview Monday, following the Waste Not Technologies groundbreaking ceremony. I prayed to God and asked him to let me know what to do, to make a difference, and to make an impact- to change people's lives," said Bennett.
Bennett says after praying he went about his day on the beach, without thinking much about it.
"That night, I had a dream. I was in a room with a bright light. A narrator, who I never did see, said that this was my purpose for Earth. He gave me a coalition of things to do. He showed me that there would be a market downturn; just like we're seeing today.
And through it all, I was taking notes in my head," said Bennett.
Bennett says he awoke the next morning. I'm not a radical who sees angels all the time, but I knew that was God. I knew the dream wasn't over," said Bennett.
Bennett says the next night, his dream picked up right where it had left off.
"The second night, the narrator showed me scriptures to coincide with everything. He said, "As long as the Earth remains, it would be seedtime at harvest". There was a great need coming. He showed me some facts and figures, and how to replenish Motheer earth." Bennett described.
Acccordiing to Bennett, in 1980 there were 11,000 landfill and 200 million people in the United States. Today there are 320 million people in the United States, he says.
"We bury our natural resources every day in land fills. Standard business practice says if you take a trillion and replenish it, it will turn into three trillion. So I said, "Father, I hear you"," Bennett says.
Bennewtt says he believes God led him to Manchester, to get back to a small town.
Bennett says, "We sometimes develop a business system and we try to take it to market before the market's ready. But when we take it in God's time, it's always the right time," says Bennett. "And as long as this Earth remains, there will be a seed, there will be a time, there will be a harvest. God the Father has developed a plan, not David Bennett."
Holly Cow!!!!!

The good folks of Manchester and the "Big Wigs" across KY heard this fairy tale and BELIEVED IT!!!!

There is a reason why KY has become one of the poorest states in the nation!!!! You have got to be kidding us!!!! Let Prophet Bennett come to the big city and say such horse droppings and watch how fast his crowd disappears and the guys with white jackets show up!!!!

And you guys believed this??????????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are they cars parked on the side of the roa... 28 min westin weekend 1
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr Known Fact 131,920
Were is Aleshia Jarvis 5 hr Boo Hoo 12
Strange 4 wheeler activity on Rt. 66 6 hr high five 12
lil boy 9 hr Crippled Fact 24
Dear Santa 10 hr Santa 2
Who should be the next Clay County High School ... 16 hr Truth 43
Manchester Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web