First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Malonian

Pennellville, NY

#113 Jun 20, 2012
What name should i use? Malonian or Yup?

Oh I ALMOST forgot to tell you.....tonight's BINGO night on the ward!
Moving

Rensselaer, NY

#114 Jun 20, 2012
Yup wrote:
<quoted text>
True enough... not everyone needs to or wants to buy a house. And not everyone SHOULD buy a house.
But if you plan on being around here indefinitely, once you check out rental costs and compare them to ownership costs, a lot of people would be kind of crazy not to buy, if they can. Of course resale is a different story. It sure doesn't make sense to pour a ton of money into remodeling a place here if you're doing it as an investment. You just don't get it back out at resale here like you might in some other places. But in some other places there's been a bubble that has burst in the last few years, too. Not here, so much. Houses here have retained and increased their value, for the most part. I can remember reading something in 2008 that rated this area's real estate market as fourth in the country for stability.
Some people can't muster the income or credit rating to get mortgages. Or keep up with the maintenance, for whatever reason. That's a whole other story, I suppose.
you know your right! there has been a decrease in the pop. in the past ten years and home values are where the average home costs were in the 1970's. can get much lower than $30k in value otherwise it's not worth listing... look up malone on city-data.com !
easy

Syracuse, NY

#117 Jun 21, 2012
Wow wrote:
Houses in this market are severely underpriced, and even one of my friends who is a real estate agent has noticed that property and houses here sell for 30-40% under market value compared to similar markets across the state.(same size towns with similar amenities). Why do you think that is?
That's an easy one. House are NOT worth what the banks and realestate people say they are. The market is inflated and that makes prices drop. Basic economics. Some houses our kids looked at were horribly overpriced for this area. Just because there's people with more money than brains out there willing to pay whatever some salesman tells them the property is worth doesn't mean the place is actually worth that much. Look what happened out west. Same thing, and it blew up in their faces. WE ended up bailing them out. Remember?
Malone is NOT an area where house prices should be as high as they are. The village is flooded with homes and they're not selling because they're overpriced. It's as simple as that. I don't care what some financial expert or real estate expert says. The prices are too high for the amount of money people are making. Along with that, add taxes. The rates of land taxes in this area is nothing short of robbery. You get very damn little for your money. When I tell people how much I pay on a home valued at $60,000 they're utterly stunned.
It's a mess and until prices come down to the rate of our local economy, the houses won't sell. And before some seller beats me up for saying all this, ask yourself, is the house I want to buy really worth what they're asking?
And as far as jobs go, what can this area do to attract work? Very little. It offers the highest gas prices in the nation, highest heating cost in the nation, highest electric cost in the nation, and we're so far removed from the mainstream that no one wants to locate a business here. There's nothing for them to gain. If we had a rail head and cheaper utilities, maybe someone would take a look at this area. But until we get that, forget it.
Yup Sandusky

Pennellville, NY

#118 Jun 21, 2012
A very smart man once said something is only worth what somebody will pay for it.
Yup

Pennellville, NY

#120 Jun 22, 2012
Folks.....will someone give me at least one green check mark today?

I will check back every 3 minutes to see if I have got one yet.
Yup

Pennellville, NY

#122 Jun 23, 2012
Whoever gave me a GREEN check mark, THANK YOU.

I have been checking BACK all day to see IF someone would be KIND ENOUGH to APPROVE of me.

It is a GREAT FEELING to know that someone AGREES with you. Throughout my life I have been HATED. No one has EVER LIKED me, but now.......

I HAVE A GREEN CHECK MARK FOLKS!

I am going to celebrate by not giving the NURSE a hard time tonight at MEDICATION TIME !!!!!!!
hmmmmmm

Lake Placid, NY

#124 Jun 23, 2012
From what I've heard, many people are leaving because of Yup. Good job.
Yup

Pennellville, NY

#125 Jun 23, 2012
A voice in my head keeps SAYING stuff like "walk down here" or "turn left here".........ANYONE know what this MEANS?
tell the way it is

Hogansburg, NY

#126 Jul 1, 2012
I have lived in Malone for some time now. I have lived elsewhere. Malone and area is a great place to live. When you can have neighbors and area folks that are kind, friendly, and helpful, what else can one ask for.
Neighbor,friends, and family are what make a place a home.
Yup

Pennellville, NY

#128 Jul 1, 2012
even if one has to do it ANONYMOUSLY on the "National Enquirer" of web sites.

I STILL consider myself BRAVE, people.
hmmmm

Lake Placid, NY

#129 Jul 1, 2012
Yup wrote:
<quoted text>
You got THAT right. That goes FAR.
And it's what makes the rest of it worth fighting for.
then stand up and fight for it instead of hiding behind a keyboard

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Malone Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sheriff 1 hr Negatron 147
Sports Section Malone Telegram 1 hr just a thought 15
George lafountain 6 hr Disgusted 19
how does Upstate Plumbing stay in business? 8 hr Rational_1 51
Dairy Queen 15 hr Deaf Judith 56
please pray for Shannon lohr Wed Rose 59
seeking older women 4 fun Wed Time to Change 3
Malone Dating
Find my Match

Malone People Search