Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 20 comments on the Aug 4, 2010, www.cnn.com story titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Kirk Cameron

Marietta, GA

#140528 May 9, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Ex-gays?
hahahahaha
ahahahahahaha
ahahahahahaha
ahahahahahaha
ahahahahhaha
That's funny!
So, you are a bigot and hate monger against these ex-gays.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHHHA...stop being stupid.

What is PFOX?

Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays & Gays (PFOX) is a national non-profit organization that supports families and educates the public on sexual orientation & the ex-gay community. PFOX’s statement of principles is found at www.pathinfo.org

PFOX supports an inclusive environment for the ex-gay community, and works to eliminate negative perceptions and discrimination against former homosexuals. PFOX conducts public education and outreach to further individual self-determination and respect for all Americans, regardless of their sexual orientation. Please join us in our journey for truth, tolerance, and understanding.
Who are PFOX families?

PFOX families love their homosexual child unconditionally. Unlike other organizations which insist that parental love is conditional on affirming homosexual behavior, there are no conditions on our love for our children. We do not have to approve of everything our children do. Blanket approval is not responsible parenting or love. True love is loving in spite of our differences and treating each other with kindness and respect.
Aren’t some people born gay?

We have all heard of individuals who entered homosexuality later in life after marrying and having children with an opposite-sex spouse. No scientific evidence has established a genetic cause for homosexuality or found a “gay gene.” There is no DNA or medical test to determine if a person is homosexual. Sexual orientation is a matter of self-affirmation and public declaration.“Gay” is a self-chosen identity. According to the American Psychiatric Association, there are no replicated scientific studies to support that people can be born “gay” or that homosexuality is innate.

According to the American Psychological Association,“[a]lthough much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social, and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors.”[2008]
sociopathic Liberals

Durham, CA

#140529 May 9, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
What an ENORMOUS pile of shit.
Yes... liberalism? It truly is an ENORMOUS pile of shit!

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#140531 May 9, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Guess what? Life will never never be fair for everyone....Life sucks, life is a stuggle...get on with your life, get used to it. Or if you are not happy, complain on the internet all day...lol.
What a perfect post for your kind. I'm glad to see you rallying your anti-gays. You know, the ones like you here complaining on the internet all day! Get used to gays marrying. Get on with your lives!! Life sucks for you that you won't be able to marginalize us anymore! Life will never favor you. You can see that as unfair all you want!!!
Winston Smith

Nashville, TN

#140533 May 9, 2012
sociopathic Liberals wrote:
And stupid "Wat the Tyler" check your history and try informing your bigoted mind with some truth! It was the Demorats who staunchly fought against rights for blacks and women too!
Man you libs are stupid!
Yup, and those same southern democrats flocked to the republican party in the sixties when Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act of 1964. They're one and the same as the republican party of today. Strom, I've got a mixed race daughter, Thurmond was a prime example. He was a dixiecrat/democrat, and in 1964 became a republican.

Check your history.
Kirk Cameron

Marietta, GA

#140534 May 9, 2012
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And from this statement, the person who is writing the article comes up with "the APA has admitted there is no gay gene"!!! LOL!! Guess the writer of the article just wanted to appeal to idiots like yourself through a title that is a complete lie.
<quoted text>
I love it. The people who are writing the article quote the APA, but then totally diverge from the APA in order to promote their ex-gay cult nonsense. Funny that the APA is only reputable to them in bits and pieces. Hypocrites much?!!!! If they were honest and actually had any type of integrity whatsoever, they would have noted that the APA discourages so called "reperative therapy"...you know, pretty much since it isn't therapy, but just religious indoctrination.....and calls it HARMFUL. They also clearly note that there are no proven cases of any conversion of sexual orientation. Guess the writers of your article just didn't like those parts!!!!
http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/sexual-orientat...
Feel free to try again asshat. Is there another lying writer you'd like to cut and post a ranting diatribe from?
Stop whining and lying, we do not have Sharia law, no one is going to sew your butt closed.

This is what the APA says, since you are trying to deflect from it. They have revised their position.

"There is no consensus among scientists about the exact reasons that an individual develops a heterosexual, bisexual, gay or lesbian orientation. Although much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social, and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors. Many think that nature and nurture both play complex roles...."

That contrasts with the APA's statement in 1998: "There is considerable recent evidence to suggest that biology, including genetic or inborn hormonal factors, play a significant role in a person's sexuality."

I am sorry if you can not read.
Kirk Cameron

Marietta, GA

#140535 May 9, 2012
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What a perfect post for your kind. I'm glad to see you rallying your anti-gays. You know, the ones like you here complaining on the internet all day! Get used to gays marrying. Get on with your lives!! Life sucks for you that you won't be able to marginalize us anymore! Life will never favor you. You can see that as unfair all you want!!!
We are extremely happy.

We are used to gays not marrying and enjoy the North Carolina and APA decisions.

Now, you on he other hand have issues, which stem from your childhood and issues you can not face.

Location hidden

#140537 May 9, 2012
Kirk Cameron wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as a gay person, only a person who engages in gay sex. Learn the difference, it is a behavior not a race and a sexual practice not a gender.
Wow. Thanks for proving your stupider that originally considered. Oh, and an intentional deceitful liar to boot!

If there is no such thing as a gay person, why have you wasted huge areas of space quoting from the APA about them? Wow, shoot yourself in the foot often dimwit?

Location hidden

#140538 May 9, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
What an ENORMOUS pile of shit.
Seriously!!! They so seem to love wading in it though, don't they?!!
Kirk Cameron

Marietta, GA

#140540 May 9, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Osama has been dead for a year, you idiot.
No such thing as a gay person, eh?
hahaahahahah
ahahahahahah
ahahahahahah
ahahahahahah
If you sit around and dream about gay sex all day, but never act on it, you are still GAY.
Pres Osama's term will be over.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No such thing as a gay person, only a person who chooses same sex urges.

If you sit around and dream about incest sex all day, but never act on it, you were still abused.
Winston Smith

Nashville, TN

#140541 May 9, 2012
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Does anyone care what Dick would do if he lived in a gay dominated country?
anyone?
anyone?
My guess is he'd burst out of the closet singing show tunes.
Kirk Cameron

Marietta, GA

#140543 May 9, 2012
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Thanks for proving your stupider that originally considered. Oh, and an intentional deceitful liar to boot!
If there is no such thing as a gay person, why have you wasted huge areas of space quoting from the APA about them? Wow, shoot yourself in the foot often dimwit?
APA = American Psychological Assn, which means that they deal with psychological issues of men and women, and one of them is the psycho-sexual disorder of same sex behaviors. NO where in the APA statement do they ever use the terminologies gay or homosexual people.

Now, stand on one leg and repeat, "Kirk is way smarter than me", so when in doubt, repeat "Kirk is way smarter than me".

Location hidden

#140545 May 9, 2012
Kirk Cameron wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is an abomination. It is your choice to sin and reject Christ, and choose to be damned and condemned. It is my commission from Christ to tell you.
F*ck your Christ. He's irrelevant. Feel free to try again.
Kirk Cameron wrote:
<quoted text>
I simply posted the North Caroline decision and the APA revision.
You did not post the APA revision, you posted a nut jobs interpretation of it. Two totally different things.
Kirk Cameron wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait, I also shared with you a site from ex-gays, letting you know that there is a way out, so it is your choice to remain gay.
Ex-gays! LOL!!!!!! That's funny!! You do remember don't you, that the APA that you love to quote from, notes very specifically that there is no proof anywhere of any one converting their sexual orientation, right dear?!!!!! In fact, they also state that attempts to do such a thing is HARMFUL. Funny how you put so much emphasis on what they say, and yet ignore the parts you don't like!!

http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/sexual-orientat...

Why don't you just write "IDIOT" across your forehead and call it a day!!
Kirk Cameron

Marietta, GA

#140546 May 9, 2012
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously!!! They so seem to love wading in it though, don't they?!!
The funny and irony is that where there is a pile of shit, there is always a closet and a gay. But, don't take more word, go look in your closet.
sociopathic Liberals

Durham, CA

#140548 May 9, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, and those same southern democrats flocked to the republican party in the sixties when Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act of 1964. They're one and the same as the republican party of today. Strom, I've got a mixed race daughter, Thurmond was a prime example. He was a dixiecrat/democrat, and in 1964 became a republican.
Check your history.
Just another liberal lie!!!
In the early 1940s, Byrd recruited 150 of his friends and associates to create a new chapter of the Ku Klux Klan.

According to Byrd, a Klan official told him, "You have a talent for leadership, Bob ... The country needs young men like you in the leadership of the nation." Byrd later recalled, "suddenly lights flashed in my mind! Someone important had recognized my abilities! I was only 23 or 24 years old, and the thought of a political career had never really hit me. But strike me that night, it did." Byrd held the titles Kleagle (recruiter) and Exalted Cyclops. When it came time to elect the "Exalted Cyclops", the top officer in the local Klan unit, Byrd won unanimously.[9]

In 1944, Byrd wrote to segregationist Mississippi Senator Theodore G. Bilbo:[

“ I shall never fight in the armed forces with a Negro by my side ... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.”
— Robert C. Byrd, in a letter to Sen. Theodore Bilbo (D-MS), 1944,

In 1946 or 1947, Byrd wrote a letter to a Grand Wizard stating, "The Klan is needed today as never before, and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia and in every state in the nation."

Location hidden

#140549 May 9, 2012
Kirk Cameron wrote:
<quoted text>You have issues.
Yes, I don't like deceitful liars. But you just won't go away.
Kirk Cameron wrote:
<quoted text>
You profess ignorance to what goes on in the gay community and resent being informed.
I see. So now you are the mouthpiece for the gay community? How long have you been in the gay community? Who elected you to represent them? The day you know anything about the gay community will be the day I grow wings.
Kirk Cameron wrote:
<quoted text>
We did not invent the terms bottom, top, chicken and chicken hawk.
and?
Kirk Cameron wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, if you do not know that NAMBLA has been running the IGLA since 1973, then that would be you choosing to not be informed.
If you don't know that the ACLU, IGLA, APA, and LGBT have defended NAMBLA in court on at least separate occasions and all had sought to lower the age of consent to 12, so gays can have legal access to 12 year old.
Yawn. You reek of desperation. NAMBLA!!! LOL!!!!

Location hidden

#140550 May 9, 2012
Kirk Cameron wrote:
<quoted text>I just proved that there are a total of 50,000 gays worldwide.
I just proved your a deceitful, intentional liar. That trumps anything you state you have proved.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#140551 May 9, 2012
sociopathic Liberals wrote:
<quoted text>
You are ridiculous!!! And very stupid too!
The majority of Americans do not want your sickness! Deal with it!
Saw on CNN just yesterday evening that now 50 of Americans support same-sex marriage.
Plus, once again, YOU don't get to decide on the rights of the minority.

“Accept me for who/what I am.”

Since: May 12

Kernville

#140552 May 9, 2012
This is so not right!!! We should just allow people marry whoever they are happy with? So yea now us, americans, is having have to learn spanish for the mexicans to understand us... well heres what I say... im not racist or anything but they need to learn our freaking language im tired of learning theirs.

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#140553 May 9, 2012
a
OBAMA SUPPORTS SAME SEX MARRIAGE!

OBAMA IS FOR MARRIAGE EQUALITY!
OBAMA 2012

“Accept me for who/what I am.”

Since: May 12

Kernville

#140554 May 9, 2012
oh and here's one more thing if you are so against gays' lesbians, and bisexual then go eff urself...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Malibu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bruce Jenner: Cover photos go too far in reveal... Apr 24 concerned American 2
News Insights into Isla Vista Shooter Elliot Rodger (May '14) Apr 23 heh 56
News Ventura County family law courts seek public in... (May '06) Apr 20 LAGonzalez 53
Thousand Oaks Mayor Proclaims April 25th Parent... Apr 16 Deborah Shreffler 1
News The Greatest Evangelistic Tool of All Time Apr 16 Dork Alert 1
News Michael Jackson's daughter Paris meets with a p... Apr 13 Rome 82
News Transgender Bruce Jenner will be lesbian after ... Apr 10 Dont care 147
More from around the web

Malibu People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]