Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,968

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
sociopathic Liberals

Durham, CA

#140453 May 9, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, guess what......Prop 8 got overturned for being UNCONSTITUTIONAL.......just as Prop 22 did!!!
AGAIN... by a tyrranical Govt.! Who does not respect the will of the people!
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

#140454 May 9, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF are you babbling about now?
It's CHAZ BONO........and the reason folks are BISEXUAL is because they are ATTRACTED to both genders!!!
As yes, people who pass these types of amendments are listening to the lies from groups like NOM.....and because of the wording in this particular amendment......I wouldn't be surprised if a legal challenge accorded!!!!
Yes they were born that way....lol...like the old man that is attracted to the young girl. and Chaz (sorry)'s girlfriend that went from straight to lesbian to straight from decisions and surgery. Or the person born to marry plural.

“Yellow Brick Road”

Since: Mar 12

The Land of OZ

#140455 May 9, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, guess what......Prop 8 got overturned for being UNCONSTITUTIONAL.......just as Prop 22 did!!!
Excuse me, just why should that pesky Constitution apply to gay people? Damn thing has been a curse to the bible thumping freaks for over 225 years. First its slavery, then no prayer in school, women's right to vote and now same sex marriage! WTF is next removal of "In God We Trust" from our currency? What we need is a Democracy!

“Just keeping it real”

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#140456 May 9, 2012
sociopathic Liberals wrote:
<quoted text>
A Govt. who does not respect the will of the majority is by definition TYRRANY!!! dumbsh!t
No, it isn't!!! dumbsh!t.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#140457 May 9, 2012
The Great Sly_Clyde wrote:
<quoted text>I may have complicated that a bit. I think he may be confused.
Yup. He is still trying to think what to put on the list. Hmmmm. NOTHING! Just as we already knew.

“Yellow Brick Road”

The Land of OZ

#140458 May 9, 2012
<quoted text>
That right there is the definition of a tyrannical Govt.
A Govt. who does not respect the will of the majority is by definition TYRRANY!!! dumbsh!t
No dumbazz a true democracy is tyranny.

"If it be admitted that a man possessing absolute power may misuse that power by wronging his adversaries, why should not a majority be liable to the same reproach? Men do not change their characters by uniting with one another; nor does their patience in the presence of obstacles increase with their strength. For my own part, I cannot believe it; the power to do everything, which I should refuse to one of my equals, I will never grant to any number of them."
Alexis de Tocqueville, "Tyranny of the Majority," Chapter XV, Book 1, Democracy in America

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#140459 May 9, 2012
<quoted text>
We don't live in a Democracy......we live under a Republic......therefore it is NOT always about the majority ruling!!!

Just think about other propositions that have passed by the majority of the vote and have been tossed because they were UNCONSTITUTIONAL......like Prop 63 and Prop 187!!!

Oh and if what you believe was true......Blacks would NEVER have been allowed to marry whites, nor would Blacks have the freedoms they enjoy today!!!

“Yellow Brick Road”

The Land of OZ

#140460 May 9, 2012
<quoted text>
"If it be admitted that a man possessing absolute power may misuse that power by wronging his adversaries, why should not a majority be liable to the same reproach? Men do not change their characters by uniting with one another; nor does their patience in the presence of obstacles increase with their strength. For my own part, I cannot believe it; the power to do everything, which I should refuse to one of my equals, I will never grant to any number of them."
Alexis de Tocqueville, "Tyranny of the Majority," Chapter XV, Book 1, Democracy in America

“Yellow Brick Road”

The Land of OZ

#140461 May 9, 2012
Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>Yup. He is still trying to think what to put on the list. Hmmmm. NOTHING! Just as we already knew.
Cant fix stupid

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#140462 May 9, 2012
<quoted text>
The majority does not determine the rights of the minority.

We live in a Republic, guess you forgot?

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#140463 May 9, 2012
<quoted text>Excuse me, just why should that pesky Constitution apply to gay people? Damn thing has been a curse to the bible thumping freaks for over 225 years. First its slavery, then no prayer in school, women's right to vote and now same sex marriage! WTF is next removal of "In God We Trust" from our currency? What we need is a Democracy!
I know.......imagine what these same ignorant idiots would be saying if it was their rights being trampled on? I mean, I've heard how upset they are about Not being able to carry firearms the way they want.........so, how would they feel if it was there right to marry being voted on? or their right to marry the man or woman of their choice? or if they were being denied the right to marry the person of their choosing who happened to be a different color?

See, they IGNORE these issues, but feel it's okay to do it to Gays and Lesbians JUST BECAUSE THEY DON'T LIKE WHO WE ARE!!!

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#140464 May 9, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Yes they were born that way....lol...like the old man that is attracted to the young girl. and Chaz (sorry)'s girlfriend that went from straight to lesbian to straight from decisions and surgery. Or the person born to marry plural.
Really, back to pedophilia, incest and polygamy again?

Chaz's sexual orientation is the same now as it was before.......ATTRACTED TO WOMEN.......his girlfriend is still the same person she was as well.
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

#140465 May 9, 2012
<quoted text>
What are your reasons for banning same sex marriage? Please list them in accordance of importance. I will let you fill in the blanks.
Thanks Sly Clyde, is this a quiz? I prefer not. But the main point is that the people getting married will have to prove they were born that way. which they can't. gay marriage will open up for a lot of fraud marriages. all women will realize that a good female friend with a credit card and a cucumber makes just as good a husband as any man. As a consequence, all women will decide to marry their best friends. Or their Coach handbags, because sometimes a good purse is the best friend a girl can have. Men, on the other hand, will beeline for their nearest airport to tap out the sodomy shuffle in a bathroom stall. but besides the humor, i guess u get my point. it will make a joke out of marriage, next we will be marrying our sister or goat.
sociopathic Liberals

Durham, CA

#140466 May 9, 2012
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>The majority does not determine the rights of the minority.
OK Morons! Then why do we vote? If the majority has no standing in your demented minds???

The truth? It has no liberal friends!

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#140467 May 9, 2012
<quoted text>
When you start to deny rights to one group of individuals simply because you don't like or agree with who they are......where does it stop? What would happen if a proposition was passed that actually denied you the right to a divorce? Would that be okay with you? or maybe denied you the right to live in a particular area because of who you are? Would that be okay with you? See, that's what you don't get!!!

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#140468 May 9, 2012
<quoted text>Cant fix stupid
Then you have....Riccardo & socio! LOL
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

#140469 May 9, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know.......imagine what these same ignorant idiots would be saying if it was their rights being trampled on? I mean, I've heard how upset they are about Not being able to carry firearms the way they want.........so, how would they feel if it was there right to marry being voted on? or their right to marry the man or woman of their choice? or if they were being denied the right to marry the person of their choosing who happened to be a different color?
See, they IGNORE these issues, but feel it's okay to do it to Gays and Lesbians JUST BECAUSE THEY DON'T LIKE WHO WE ARE!!!
Let's vote on gun laws. If I lived in a gay dominated country where straight people were not allowed to marry, I would either keep living with my normal relationship or move to a normal country where I could marry if the vote was that it should remain the same.

“Yellow Brick Road”

The Land of OZ

#140470 May 9, 2012
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>The majority does not determine the rights of the minority.
Well good mornin sunshine, welcome to the lony bin. Watch where you step, our resident knuckle draggers tend to crap on the floor.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#140471 May 9, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
Thanks Sly Clyde, is this a quiz? I prefer not.
Because you cannot.
RiccardoFire wrote:
But the main point is that the people getting married will have to prove they were born that way. which they can't.
First of all, you cannot prove that homosexuality is not an inherent trait. Secondly, it is irrelevant if it is or not. Sexuality being a choice or not has no bearing upon the constitutions guarantee of equal protection of the law for all.
RiccardoFire wrote:
gay marriage will open up for a lot of fraud marriages.
Actually, denying same sex marriage does this. As so many of your cohorts have pointed out when they say that homosexuals have the right to marry someone of the opposite sex, which is inherently a sham marriage.
RiccardoFire wrote:
all women will realize that a good female friend with a credit card and a cucumber makes just as good a husband as any man. As a consequence, all women will decide to marry their best friends.
And?
RiccardoFire wrote:
Or their Coach handbags, because sometimes a good purse is the best friend a girl can have.
Wow, your grasp of reason is not terribly great, is it?

There is a simple test to find out if someone can marry or not. Can the handbag grant legal consent? Oh, no it canít. Gee, I guess one cannot marry a handbag. Just like some people canít have a rational thought.
RiccardoFire wrote:
Men, on the other hand, will beeline for their nearest airport to tap out the sodomy shuffle in a bathroom stall. but besides the humor, i guess u get my point.
I understand that you are capable of offering mindless rationalizations that make you appear to have the intellect of a kindergarten student.
RiccardoFire wrote:
it will make a joke out of marriage,
Actually, denying couples who love each other and are committed to one another does that.
RiccardoFire wrote:
next we will be marrying our sister or goat.
No, we wonít. You see, incest and bestiality have long since been settled as matters of law, and restrictions against them easily serve a compelling state interest.

Bans on gay marriage donít even have a rational basis.

“Yellow Brick Road”

The Land of OZ

#140472 May 9, 2012
<quoted text>
OK Morons! Then why do we vote? If the majority has no standing in your demented minds???
The truth? It has no liberal friends!
Do you vote on speed limits? Do you vote on taxes? We vote to elect people who we hope will represent us. Rarely do we vote on laws. That being said the majority can not pass a law that discriminates against the minority, you can not remove or deny rights based on the fact of a majority vote. This is a Republic and not a democracy.

STOP BEING STUPID

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Malibu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 4 hr g 2,270
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 6 hr zhuzhamm 5,079
APNewsBreak: 'Easy Rider' bike going to auction 6 hr kjhfjgd 4
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 11 hr Pizza 16,000
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Wed Blazing saddles 7,954
Secret Surveillance of Teens (May '12) Sep 13 Momof3 2
Contract work (May '07) Sep 4 como 5,072
•••

Malibu News Video

•••
•••

Malibu Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Malibu People Search