Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 6,249)

Showing posts 124,961 - 124,980 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Yellow Brick Road”

Since: Mar 12

The Land of OZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, two people aren't similar to marriage, straight or gay. People are sentient beings, marriage is an institution.
Do they teach school in your trailer park?
1 Mud truck racing

2 Mud wrestling

3 Beer drinkin

4 Varmint huntin and skinnin

5 How to date yer sister

6 How to marry yer sister

7 12 ways to cook road kill

8 How to eat corn on the cob with one tooth

9 Spandex, clothing for every occasion

10 placement of yer easy rifle rack in yer pick up truck

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

Judged:

sociopathic Liberals wrote:
<quoted text>
It got shot down by "we the people".
Duuuuhhhh!
Well, guess what......Prop 8 got overturned for being UNCONSTITUTIONAL.......just as Prop 22 did!!!

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

Judged:

The Great Sly_Clyde wrote:
<quoted text>And what happened both times??
And..........where is his list? ROTFL.

“Yellow Brick Road”

The Land of OZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
It got shot down by "we the people".
Duuuuhhhh!
No it was shot down as unconstitutional, DUH. Knuckle draggers unite, perferabley in a different country.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Dish it out, give it to them, let them know how wrong and stupid they must be, hate them, call them names, go for it....maybe they should not have the right to vote if they don't agree with you. Want to blame, blame people like chasity bono's gf for doing he quick change and blame the bi sexual that switches on a dime.
WTF are you babbling about now?

It's CHAZ BONO........and the reason folks are BISEXUAL is because they are ATTRACTED to both genders!!!

As yes, people who pass these types of amendments are listening to the lies from groups like NOM.....and because of the wording in this particular amendment......I wouldn't be surprised if a legal challenge accorded!!!!

“Yellow Brick Road”

The Land of OZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Dish it out, give it to them, let them know how wrong and stupid they must be, hate them, call them names, go for it....maybe they should not have the right to vote if they don't agree with you. Want to blame, blame people like chasity bono's gf for doing he quick change and blame the bi sexual that switches on a dime.
What are your reasons for banning same sex marriage? Please list them in accordance of importance. I will let you fill in the blanks.

“Yellow Brick Road”

The Land of OZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

Judged:

Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>And..........where is his list? ROTFL.
I may have complicated that a bit. I think he may be confused.

“Just keeping it real”

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to learn the difference between Orthodox and Hasidic Jews.
You need to learn the difference between sexual orientation and sexual activity. You first.
sociopathic Liberals

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

Judged:

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm NOT dreaming.......but I do know that you can't deny an American Citizen something that you take for granted!!!
How's it feel to know that in California.....I'm as married as you are jackazz?
That right there is the definition of a tyrannical Govt.
A Govt. who does not respect the will of the majority is by definition TYRRANY!!! dumbsh!t
sociopathic Liberals

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

Judged:

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, guess what......Prop 8 got overturned for being UNCONSTITUTIONAL.......just as Prop 22 did!!!
AGAIN... by a tyrranical Govt.! Who does not respect the will of the people!
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

Judged:

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF are you babbling about now?
It's CHAZ BONO........and the reason folks are BISEXUAL is because they are ATTRACTED to both genders!!!
As yes, people who pass these types of amendments are listening to the lies from groups like NOM.....and because of the wording in this particular amendment......I wouldn't be surprised if a legal challenge accorded!!!!
Yes they were born that way....lol...like the old man that is attracted to the young girl. and Chaz (sorry)'s girlfriend that went from straight to lesbian to straight from decisions and surgery. Or the person born to marry plural.

“Yellow Brick Road”

The Land of OZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

Judged:

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me, just why should that pesky Constitution apply to gay people? Damn thing has been a curse to the bible thumping freaks for over 225 years. First its slavery, then no prayer in school, women's right to vote and now same sex marriage! WTF is next removal of "In God We Trust" from our currency? What we need is a Democracy!

“Just keeping it real”

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
A Govt. who does not respect the will of the majority is by definition TYRRANY!!! dumbsh!t
No, it isn't!!! dumbsh!t.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>I may have complicated that a bit. I think he may be confused.
Yup. He is still trying to think what to put on the list. Hmmmm. NOTHING! Just as we already knew.

“Yellow Brick Road”

The Land of OZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
No dumbazz a true democracy is tyranny.

"If it be admitted that a man possessing absolute power may misuse that power by wronging his adversaries, why should not a majority be liable to the same reproach? Men do not change their characters by uniting with one another; nor does their patience in the presence of obstacles increase with their strength. For my own part, I cannot believe it; the power to do everything, which I should refuse to one of my equals, I will never grant to any number of them."
Alexis de Tocqueville, "Tyranny of the Majority," Chapter XV, Book 1, Democracy in America

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
We don't live in a Democracy......we live under a Republic......therefore it is NOT always about the majority ruling!!!

Just think about other propositions that have passed by the majority of the vote and have been tossed because they were UNCONSTITUTIONAL......like Prop 63 and Prop 187!!!

Oh and if what you believe was true......Blacks would NEVER have been allowed to marry whites, nor would Blacks have the freedoms they enjoy today!!!

“Yellow Brick Road”

The Land of OZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
AGAIN... by a tyrranical Govt.! Who does not respect the will of the people!
"If it be admitted that a man possessing absolute power may misuse that power by wronging his adversaries, why should not a majority be liable to the same reproach? Men do not change their characters by uniting with one another; nor does their patience in the presence of obstacles increase with their strength. For my own part, I cannot believe it; the power to do everything, which I should refuse to one of my equals, I will never grant to any number of them."
Alexis de Tocqueville, "Tyranny of the Majority," Chapter XV, Book 1, Democracy in America

“Yellow Brick Road”

The Land of OZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

Judged:

Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>Yup. He is still trying to think what to put on the list. Hmmmm. NOTHING! Just as we already knew.
Cant fix stupid

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
The majority does not determine the rights of the minority.

We live in a Republic, guess you forgot?

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>Excuse me, just why should that pesky Constitution apply to gay people? Damn thing has been a curse to the bible thumping freaks for over 225 years. First its slavery, then no prayer in school, women's right to vote and now same sex marriage! WTF is next removal of "In God We Trust" from our currency? What we need is a Democracy!
I know.......imagine what these same ignorant idiots would be saying if it was their rights being trampled on? I mean, I've heard how upset they are about Not being able to carry firearms the way they want.........so, how would they feel if it was there right to marry being voted on? or their right to marry the man or woman of their choice? or if they were being denied the right to marry the person of their choosing who happened to be a different color?

See, they IGNORE these issues, but feel it's okay to do it to Gays and Lesbians JUST BECAUSE THEY DON'T LIKE WHO WE ARE!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 124,961 - 124,980 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Malibu News Video

•••
•••

Malibu Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Malibu People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••