Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,159

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Kirk Cameron

Marietta, GA

#140516 May 9, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's what's wrong: when you meatheads use data about lesbians to make claims about gay men. You try to get away with all the time. You do it with marriage data -- "Studies show lesbians make good parents; ergo, gay men will make good parents too."
Well, that's not science; that's stupidity.
Good morning Professor, you are right on. Gays use alleged data about two females being good parents, but they do not even document that they are lesbians. A mother and daughter raising the daughter's child is nothing like two lesbian's having unnatural sex and putting the child in the middle. When it comes to biological studies, they use gay men and never use lesbians.

It is never science, which is why the APA is saying enough gays, homosexuality is psychological. For the dissonant, they have not gone back completely, because they stop short of calling it a mental disorder.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#140517 May 9, 2012
Kirk Cameron wrote:
<quoted text>Let me help you, little gay liar.
Your link is dated 2003.
The below is dated 2009.
Did you see the beating that the gay community took from the APA?
APA revises 'gay gene' theory - admits it's not a psychological disorder
« on: May 14, 2009, 11:42:32 AM »
http://www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/Default.asp ...
The attempt to prove that homosexuality is determined biologically has been dealt a knockout punch. An American Psychological Association publication includes an admission that there's no homosexual "gene" -- meaning it's not likely that homosexuals are born that way.
For decades, the APA has not considered homosexuality a psychological disorder, while other professionals in the field consider it to be a "gender-identity" problem. But the new statement, which appears in a brochure called "Answers to Your Questions for a Better Understanding of Sexual Orientation & Homosexuality," states the following:
"There is no consensus among scientists about the exact reasons that an individual develops a heterosexual, bisexual, gay or lesbian orientation. Although much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social, and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors. Many think that nature and nurture both play complex roles...."
That contrasts with the APA's statement in 1998: "There is considerable recent evidence to suggest that biology, including genetic or inborn hormonal factors, play a significant role in a person's sexuality."
Peter LaBarbera, who heads Americans for Truth About Homosexuality, believes the more recent statement is an important admission because it undermines a popular theory.
"People need to understand that the 'gay gene' theory has been one of the biggest propaganda boons of the homosexual movement over the last 10 [or] 15 years," he points out. "Studies show that if people think that people are born homosexual they're much less likely to resist the gay agenda."
Matt Barber with Liberty Counsel feels the pronouncement may have something to do with saving face. "Well, I think here the American Psychological Association is finally trying to restore some credibility that they've lost over the years by having become a clearly political organization as opposed to an objective, scientific organization," he states.(Hear audio report)
With the new information from the APA, Barber wonders if the organization will admit that homosexuals who want to change can change.
"It's irrefutable from a medical standpoint that people can leave the homosexual lifestyle," he argues. "Homosexuality is defined by behavior. Untold thousands of people have found freedom from that lifestyle through either reparative therapy or through -- frankly, most effectively -- a relationship with Jesus Christ."
What an ENORMOUS pile of shit.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#140518 May 9, 2012
Kirk Cameron wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, you got us, we are busted. No, what does it say n February 2007, the American Psychological Association (APA) established the Task Force on Appropriate Therapeutic Responses to Sexual Orientation with a charge that included three major tasks:
2007, well that is not recent.
This is recent:
You APA link addresses conversion therapy, however they have not gotten around to redressing that. Please read.
APA revises 'gay gene' theory - admits it's not a psychological disorder
« on: May 14, 2009, 11:42:32 AM »
http://www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/Default.asp...
The attempt to prove that homosexuality is determined biologically has been dealt a knockout punch. An American Psychological Association publication includes an admission that there's no homosexual "gene" -- meaning it's not likely that homosexuals are born that way.
This statement is an outright lie. The APA has NEVER stated there is no gay gene. No reputible organization would ever claim such a thing. Know why, because they wouldn't know. Lack of discovery does not equal lack of existence. Your article is FULL of lies.
Kirk Cameron wrote:
<quoted text>
For decades, the APA has not considered homosexuality a psychological disorder, while other professionals in the field consider it to be a "gender-identity" problem.
Absolutely NO professionals in the field consider it to be a "gender-identity" problem. None. Gender Identity and Sexual Orientation are two completely different things. No "professional" has ever stated this.
Kirk Cameron

Marietta, GA

#140519 May 9, 2012
WanderLusts wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU,a Christian? Ha! Ha! Ha! Good one! Jesus is weeping for you as I write this post! More like he weeps for you,his phony follower who preaches only hate! "Judge not,lest ye be judged" and 'Let he without sin cast the first stone" You are NO Christian and you give all decent one's a bad name! You are a sociopath and that's as plain as the nose on your twisted hateful face!
Okay, you got me, I just put down my boulder. Now what? Oh yeah, words without condemning.

Homosexuality is an abomination. It is your choice to sin and reject Christ, and choose to be damned and condemned. It is my commission from Christ to tell you.

How hypocritical of you, for you to judge me as being a sociopath.

Funny how you all get bent out of shape and pretend that you are being attacked.

I simply posted the North Caroline decision and the APA revision.

You could not deal with that, so you went back into your mental self hate closet.

Wait, I also shared with you a site from ex-gays, letting you know that there is a way out, so it is your choice to remain gay.

Location hidden

#140520 May 9, 2012
Kirk Cameron wrote:
<quoted text>
"There is no consensus among scientists about the exact reasons that an individual develops a heterosexual, bisexual, gay or lesbian orientation. Although much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social, and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors. Many think that nature and nurture both play complex roles...."
And from this statement, the person who is writing the article comes up with "the APA has admitted there is no gay gene"!!! LOL!! Guess the writer of the article just wanted to appeal to idiots like yourself through a title that is a complete lie.
Kirk Cameron wrote:
<quoted text>
That contrasts with the APA's statement in 1998: "There is considerable recent evidence to suggest that biology, including genetic or inborn hormonal factors, play a significant role in a person's sexuality."
Peter LaBarbera, who heads Americans for Truth About Homosexuality, believes the more recent statement is an important admission because it undermines a popular theory.
"People need to understand that the 'gay gene' theory has been one of the biggest propaganda boons of the homosexual movement over the last 10 [or] 15 years," he points out. "Studies show that if people think that people are born homosexual they're much less likely to resist the gay agenda."
Matt Barber with Liberty Counsel feels the pronouncement may have something to do with saving face. "Well, I think here the American Psychological Association is finally trying to restore some credibility that they've lost over the years by having become a clearly political organization as opposed to an objective, scientific organization," he states.(Hear audio report)
With the new information from the APA, Barber wonders if the organization will admit that homosexuals who want to change can change.
"It's irrefutable from a medical standpoint that people can leave the homosexual lifestyle," he argues. "Homosexuality is defined by behavior. Untold thousands of people have found freedom from that lifestyle through either reparative therapy or through -- frankly, most effectively -- a relationship with Jesus Christ."
LaBarbera agrees. "Change through Christ is possible -- and it's one of the most heartwarming aspects of the whole gay debate," he shares. "Many men and women have come out of homosexuality, mostly through a relationship with Jesus Christ.
I love it. The people who are writing the article quote the APA, but then totally diverge from the APA in order to promote their ex-gay cult nonsense. Funny that the APA is only reputable to them in bits and pieces. Hypocrites much?!!!! If they were honest and actually had any type of integrity whatsoever, they would have noted that the APA discourages so called "reperative therapy"...you know, pretty much since it isn't therapy, but just religious indoctrination.....and calls it HARMFUL. They also clearly note that there are no proven cases of any conversion of sexual orientation. Guess the writers of your article just didn't like those parts!!!!

http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/sexual-orientat...

Feel free to try again asshat. Is there another lying writer you'd like to cut and post a ranting diatribe from?
sociopathic Liberals

Durham, CA

#140521 May 9, 2012
The Great Sly_Clyde wrote:
<quoted text>Do you vote on speed limits? Do you vote on taxes? We vote to elect people who we hope will represent us. Rarely do we vote on laws. That being said the majority can not pass a law that discriminates against the minority, you can not remove or deny rights based on the fact of a majority vote. This is a Republic and not a democracy.
STOP BEING STUPID
You are ridiculous!!! And very stupid too!
The majority of Americans do not want your sickness! Deal with it!
Kirk Cameron

Marietta, GA

#140522 May 9, 2012
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I, and 99.9% of the gay community didn't "pay" for these perverts in anyway. My life has been completely uneffected by them. In fact, as in the vast majority of cases, I didn't even know anything about them until a jackass bigot like yourself brought them to my attention. The only one concerned with them is YOU.
<quoted text>
Present evidence of this "support"
Waiting....
Waiting....
Waiting....
What's that hon? You're a lying sack of shyt? Yes dear, we know.
<quoted text>
No, it didn't. I haven't been blamed for their actions and neither has any other gay person I know. Just like my straight neighbors haven't been blamed for the shinanigins of the straight people exposing themselves on a daily basis on Bourbon Street every night.
Please peddle your bullshyt at your church. No one here is buying it Gary.....ooops, I mean Here Is One.
<quoted text>
Police ourselves? Sod off nitwit.
<quoted text>
The only thing hard for us to understand is your deep seeded hatred of gay people. Your obsession with trying to credit an entire sect of people by the actions of two people has a name you know dear. It's called....BIGOTRY. THAT is what is hard for us to understand.
You have issues. You profess ignorance to what goes on in the gay community and resent being informed.

We did not invent the terms bottom, top, chicken and chicken hawk.

Also, if you do not know that NAMBLA has been running the IGLA since 1973, then that would be you choosing to not be informed.

If you don't know that the ACLU, IGLA, APA, and LGBT have defended NAMBLA in court on at least separate occasions and all had sought to lower the age of consent to 12, so gays can have legal access to 12 year old.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#140523 May 9, 2012
Kirk Cameron wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, you got me, I just put down my boulder. Now what? Oh yeah, words without condemning.
Homosexuality is an abomination. It is your choice to sin and reject Christ, and choose to be damned and condemned. It is my commission from Christ to tell you.
Funny how you all get bent out of shape and pretend that you are being attacked.
You could not deal with that, so you went back into your mental self hate closet.
Wait, I also shared with you a site from ex-gays, letting you know that there is a way out, so it is your choice to remain gay.
Ex-gays?

hahahahaha
ahahahahahaha
ahahahahahaha
ahahahahahaha
ahahahahhaha

That's funny!
Kirk Cameron

Marietta, GA

#140524 May 9, 2012
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it. Present the evidence that all gays, all 500+ million of us, all think that a public place is a fine place to have sex in front of children.
Come on now clown, show us how you can prove that claim. Man up you sniveling little coward. Show us the evidence.
Waiting....
Waiting....
Waiting....
Come on assclown. Show us the evidence that supports your ridiculous claim.
What's that? You don't have any? Yeah, we know. Cause your a proven lying sack of shyt bigot.
I just proved that there are a total of 50,000 gays worldwide. Prove me wrong.

waitiing..

waiting...

Poor gay boy is upset.

Your bigotry and hate is self directed, stop blaming your mom.
Kirk Cameron

Marietta, GA

#140525 May 9, 2012
sociopathic Liberals wrote:
<quoted text>
You are ridiculous!!! And very stupid too!
The majority of Americans do not want your sickness! Deal with it!
73% of Americans oppose same sex marriage. In Tennessee, it is 88%. New Jersey and North Carolina are further evidences that the beat goes on and the gay lie is over.

The APA revision statement is the knock out punch.

Location hidden

#140526 May 9, 2012
Kirk Cameron wrote:
<quoted text>
They state that there is no innate orientation, but the evidence is that it is behavioral and psychological.
They state no such thing.

Although much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social, and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors. Many think that nature and nurture both play complex roles; most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation."

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#140527 May 9, 2012
Kirk Cameron wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, you got me, I just put down my boulder. Now what? Oh yeah, words without condemning.
Jesus and god don't exist. So why do you feel the need to prosecute homosexuals bigot?
Kirk Cameron

Marietta, GA

#140528 May 9, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Ex-gays?
hahahahaha
ahahahahahaha
ahahahahahaha
ahahahahahaha
ahahahahhaha
That's funny!
So, you are a bigot and hate monger against these ex-gays.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHHHA...stop being stupid.

What is PFOX?

Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays & Gays (PFOX) is a national non-profit organization that supports families and educates the public on sexual orientation & the ex-gay community. PFOX’s statement of principles is found at www.pathinfo.org

PFOX supports an inclusive environment for the ex-gay community, and works to eliminate negative perceptions and discrimination against former homosexuals. PFOX conducts public education and outreach to further individual self-determination and respect for all Americans, regardless of their sexual orientation. Please join us in our journey for truth, tolerance, and understanding.
Who are PFOX families?

PFOX families love their homosexual child unconditionally. Unlike other organizations which insist that parental love is conditional on affirming homosexual behavior, there are no conditions on our love for our children. We do not have to approve of everything our children do. Blanket approval is not responsible parenting or love. True love is loving in spite of our differences and treating each other with kindness and respect.
Aren’t some people born gay?

We have all heard of individuals who entered homosexuality later in life after marrying and having children with an opposite-sex spouse. No scientific evidence has established a genetic cause for homosexuality or found a “gay gene.” There is no DNA or medical test to determine if a person is homosexual. Sexual orientation is a matter of self-affirmation and public declaration.“Gay” is a self-chosen identity. According to the American Psychiatric Association, there are no replicated scientific studies to support that people can be born “gay” or that homosexuality is innate.

According to the American Psychological Association,“[a]lthough much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social, and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors.”[2008]
sociopathic Liberals

Durham, CA

#140529 May 9, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes... liberalism? It truly is an ENORMOUS pile of shit!

Location hidden

#140531 May 9, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Guess what? Life will never never be fair for everyone....Life sucks, life is a stuggle...get on with your life, get used to it. Or if you are not happy, complain on the internet all day...lol.
What a perfect post for your kind. I'm glad to see you rallying your anti-gays. You know, the ones like you here complaining on the internet all day! Get used to gays marrying. Get on with your lives!! Life sucks for you that you won't be able to marginalize us anymore! Life will never favor you. You can see that as unfair all you want!!!
Winston Smith

Nashville, TN

#140533 May 9, 2012
sociopathic Liberals wrote:
And stupid "Wat the Tyler" check your history and try informing your bigoted mind with some truth! It was the Demorats who staunchly fought against rights for blacks and women too!
Man you libs are stupid!
Yup, and those same southern democrats flocked to the republican party in the sixties when Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act of 1964. They're one and the same as the republican party of today. Strom, I've got a mixed race daughter, Thurmond was a prime example. He was a dixiecrat/democrat, and in 1964 became a republican.

Check your history.
Kirk Cameron

Marietta, GA

#140534 May 9, 2012
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And from this statement, the person who is writing the article comes up with "the APA has admitted there is no gay gene"!!! LOL!! Guess the writer of the article just wanted to appeal to idiots like yourself through a title that is a complete lie.
<quoted text>
I love it. The people who are writing the article quote the APA, but then totally diverge from the APA in order to promote their ex-gay cult nonsense. Funny that the APA is only reputable to them in bits and pieces. Hypocrites much?!!!! If they were honest and actually had any type of integrity whatsoever, they would have noted that the APA discourages so called "reperative therapy"...you know, pretty much since it isn't therapy, but just religious indoctrination.....and calls it HARMFUL. They also clearly note that there are no proven cases of any conversion of sexual orientation. Guess the writers of your article just didn't like those parts!!!!
Feel free to try again asshat. Is there another lying writer you'd like to cut and post a ranting diatribe from?
Stop whining and lying, we do not have Sharia law, no one is going to sew your butt closed.

This is what the APA says, since you are trying to deflect from it. They have revised their position.

I am sorry if you can not read.
Kirk Cameron

Marietta, GA

#140535 May 9, 2012
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What a perfect post for your kind. I'm glad to see you rallying your anti-gays. You know, the ones like you here complaining on the internet all day! Get used to gays marrying. Get on with your lives!! Life sucks for you that you won't be able to marginalize us anymore! Life will never favor you. You can see that as unfair all you want!!!
We are extremely happy.

We are used to gays not marrying and enjoy the North Carolina and APA decisions.

Now, you on he other hand have issues, which stem from your childhood and issues you can not face.

Location hidden

#140537 May 9, 2012
Kirk Cameron wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as a gay person, only a person who engages in gay sex. Learn the difference, it is a behavior not a race and a sexual practice not a gender.
Wow. Thanks for proving your stupider that originally considered. Oh, and an intentional deceitful liar to boot!

If there is no such thing as a gay person, why have you wasted huge areas of space quoting from the APA about them? Wow, shoot yourself in the foot often dimwit?

Location hidden

#140538 May 9, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously!!! They so seem to love wading in it though, don't they?!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Malibu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Gamebreaker Helmets Dec 15 BrianMatthews 1
Disposing of Gas Canisters Dec 6 Murry Page 1
Alex Soteras - Dishonesty Within the Chamber of... (Mar '10) Dec 5 MLawrence 94
Calabasas Music Thread (Feb '14) Dec 5 Musikologist 4
Abby Sunderland (Feb '13) Dec 4 Mount Suveus 19
A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) Dec 3 Los Angeles 4,494
Review: Coastal Allergy Care - Christina N Porc... (Mar '10) Dec 3 Tom Baker 3

Malibu News Video

Malibu Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Malibu People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Malibu News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Malibu

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News