Makaha woman faces charges in beating death of peacock

May 23, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Honolulu Star-Bulletin

City prosecutors charged a Makaha woman yesterday with second-degree cruelty to animals for allegedly beating a peacock to death Sunday with a baseball bat.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of29
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
go live

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2009

Judged:

this is probaly the same lady that would talk stink about Michael Vick and dog fighting..punish her.
alice

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2009

Judged:

fine her but don't jail her
Dave

Princeville, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2009

Judged:

This woman has shown no remorse and still feels she did the right thing.She obviously needs therapy and anger management. Ambien and ear plugs were some civilized actions she could have taken. I hope she gets tne maximum fine and at least 3 months in jail.
LOL

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2009

Dave wrote:
This woman has shown no remorse and still feels she did the right thing.She obviously needs therapy and anger management. Ambien and ear plugs were some civilized actions she could have taken. I hope she gets tne maximum fine and at least 3 months in jail.
Huh? You would take drugs to sleep because of these peacocks?
kfc

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2009

she wanted to make adobo for dinner
BoingBoingPinoy

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2009

Judged:

Put that one to work whacking Coqui frogs with her bat.

One week of ‘quiet’ time on the Big Island should give her plenty of time to think.
Chubbies hubbie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2009

Dave wrote:
I need to take Ambien and use earplugs to sleep because my wife makes more noise than a flock of peacocks whether she's up or sleeping.
Earl

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2009

She couldn't find her husband around to beat , so she did the next best thing ! She beat a peacock to death !
local boy

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2009

taste like chicken
alice

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2009

Judged:

The peacocks may revolt
Why

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2009

Too much mento disability people in america.
a lice

Paia, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2009

Judged:

Whacking the bird with a whiffle ball bat is socially unacceptable behavior. What if everyone went around with whiffle ball baseball bats and just hit everthing that bothered them? We would have chaos. Our country would unravel. This woman must be stopped before she spreads. Put that crazy old coot in jail for the longest term possible. Make her listen to recordings of peacocks until her eyes glaze over or she beats herself to death on the jail cell walls. The peacocks are coming to taker her away!
EdK

Reston, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2009

The first sign of a a personality disorder that leads to sociopathic behaviour and most likely mass murderers is cruelty towards animals. I think mental health officials need to keep a close eye on this woman and at the slightest sign of murderous intentions, slap her in jail!
Ed
alice

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2009

Judged:

if the peacocks unionize, watch out Makaha!
Sleep Deprived

Fredericksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2009

Folks,

Our neighbors have peacocks, we like sleeping with the windows open. In fact we built the house so it would have lots of windows to open. Do you have ANY idea how loud two peacocks can be at night, I'm guessing none that have posted have any idea... Imagine a loud mouth drunken woman standing outside your open window and screaming HELP ME at 11pm then, midnight, then 1am all though the night. These peacocks are at least 200 yards away from us and that is exactly what it sounds like. I understand what this woman and her neighbors have dealing with.
KayDen

Kealakekua, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2009

Judged:

Anyone familiar with the process for tonsil removal? Possibly just adjusting their vocal chord muscles to change the pitch may help. Imagine if the voice pitch mimicked Andy Williams or Frank Sinatra etc. then people could possibly sleep. Or they could possibly sound like Andy Williams or Frank Sinatra yelling for help.
Shareholder

Kailua, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2009

Give the lady a break. I might have wacked the peacock too if it drove me nuts.
alice

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2009

Judged:

Everything ends in death, violence and shame in Makaha.
elijahhawaii

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2009

Judged:

If that is the case, could you please hurry over there?
LLhawaii

Waipahu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2009

Unacceptable!! Someone needs to grab this woman by the hair and hit her in the head with a bat because she's annoying! She should be jailed and fined! Is that Hawaii's solution to everything? Just KILL IT!!? Just have these gorgeous birds moved to a private part of the island. A park or zoo perhaps. Good gosh people have some sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of29
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Makaha Valley Discussions

Search the Makaha Valley Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OBAMA COUNTDOWN for DAYS LEFT In Office UNTIL N... 3 min lol at political parties 774
Isle housing bottom seen - Business (Apr '09) 1 hr Poll 61,582
Why are Hawaii people so stupid? (Jan '11) 4 hr Tidy Bowl 610
Hey Maui! 6 hr American_Infidel 7
Preacher Jim (Feb '11) 7 hr YawN 4 282
Hawaii Construction Boom: New Developments Comi... 7 hr Puke 4 3
Tigger the ICE BOX DUDE Admits Getting PAID BY ... 8 hr Desperate Tigge is back 12
•••
•••
•••
•••

Makaha Valley Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Makaha Valley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance