New news

Lyons, IL

#2685 Dec 27, 2010
ELizabeth Swamp

Forest Park, IL

#2689 Dec 27, 2010
Elizabeth Swann wrote:
Grafton Township separation of powers lawsuit decision is in, per the McHenry County Blog:
"Judge Caldwell then indicated he would rule on the “supervisor/ board relationship.”
In other words, on the separation of powers.
And, how those powers were balanced was reported in yesterday’s article.
The Judge confirmed Supervisor Moore’s authority to fire Township Administrator Pam Fender and Township Attorney Ancel Glink, usually represented by Keri-Lyn Krafthefer at township meetings.
Judge Caldwell’s reversal of the political strategy presumably concocted by Krafthefer to allow the Township Trustees to take control of what they could not win at the ballot box is nothing short of stunning."
For all of this great reporting and even more on the irony of A-G's efforts in regard to FOIA requests, go to http://mchenrycountyblog.com/
Funny thing is Toni Parker has been making acusations for years, and complaining to the state on how corrupt the Lyons board is. I find it laughable that if they were doing so much wrong, that no one has ever come in and done anything about the corruption. Except for Ken Getty who was found guilty of embessling 400k from the taxpayers. To this day he has not paid it back, he only paid the 5 years prison sentence. The only corruption in this town are the chicken littles, like Parker, who cry the sky is falling on every move the board makes. Toni Parker and the likes have cost the village at least 60k in legal bills crying that the quarry is supposed to be a superfund clean up site, she contacted the USEPA, and the IEPA, and they said otherwise, all the while the village had to pay the lawyers to have all of these special meetings to help her understand. I think it is hi time she gets out of this town. She really thinks she is leading a crusade, the only crusade she has been sucessful at leading is draining money from the village is legal bills.
ELizabeth Swamp

Forest Park, IL

#2690 Dec 27, 2010
Elizabeth Swann wrote:
Last night we found out. Zoning and the Village Board approved an asphalt tile recycling unit in quarry at Reliable. Also approved - with Patty W, Theresa and Gerny voting no - to contract Vondra to dispose of so-called contaminated soil in quarry. Supposedly IEPA approved. Now unless the remediation fairy waved her magic wand over the soil that was scraped up and removed the 29 COCs by magic,(and of course nobody here gets to see the lab test protocols or results!), those substances will be dumped in and washed out in the discharge water at up to 900 gallons per minute on the express, no transfers (or monitoring), directly into the Des Plaines River. Wouldn't eat any fish I caught or use them as garden fertilizer. Some of these COCs bio-accumulate. BTW, Lil' Mr. Getty voted yes to both.
Great, I am sure this comment will cost the village another $300.00 dollars explaining that what they are doing is under the close eye of the ILEPA and is approved. Boy that really has to sting Toni, that you supported Senior and now you are getting the snub from "lil" Getty, who take directions from Senior. Boy that has to hurt.
I-C-U

Berwyn, IL

#2691 Dec 30, 2010
HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of the LAID-OFF MEN at the PUBLIC WORKS DEPT. When are they going back to WORK for the Village Of Lyons? Other depts had LAY-OFFS but all are back to work.
Concerned Resident

Berwyn, IL

#2692 Dec 31, 2010
I-C-U wrote:
HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of the LAID-OFF MEN at the PUBLIC WORKS DEPT. When are they going back to WORK for the Village Of Lyons? Other depts had LAY-OFFS but all are back to work.
And to all the laid of people in all of the surrounding towns that are experiencing the same economic troubles that this entire country is going through. Good thing we don't live in Michigan, Florida, California or Arizona. Even though Illinois is rated right at the top as one of the closest States to go bankrupt in the entire counrty. The State of Illinois has had so many lay offs this year it's sick to see. Lyons is no different my friend. I'll bet, being a small Village that we are, that is was no easy choice for "any" of our leaders to lay anyone off. Why some of you keep going on and on about these layoffs, like Lyons is the only town to do it. Enough is enough already.
Joliet Ave

Forest Park, IL

#2693 Dec 31, 2010
Happy New Year to All! Lets hope this year brings many blessing to everyone. Keep the faith, stay positive and whenever possible SMILE.
The distinction between past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion.-Albert Einstein

Francine

Lyons, IL

#2694 Jan 3, 2011
SPECIAL BOARD MEETING/VILLAGE MEETING OF THE
WHOLE Follows:

January 4, 2011
6PM
Village Hall
Francine

Lyons, IL

#2695 Jan 3, 2011
http://www.moneynews.com/StreetTalk/IllinoisH...

Here is something to think about!
Joe Businessman

Brookfield, IL

#2696 Jan 7, 2011
In defence of Mr Getty Jr all I can say is that the village has entered a new era of openess and opportunity. Un named but deeply involved in commerce in the village for 25 years I feel quallified to offer this opinion. I'll offer it humbly due to the fact that I don't reside in Lyons although I'm VERY proud of my involvment and have spent a vast majority of my life in the pursuit of comerce and jsut about EVERY philanthropic activity on the books. Previous friends in office smiled in your face then stole your property thru tif legislation. Lets pray we NEVER return to those dark days. Many of the wounds are starting to heal but I'm afraid some will never.
Mayor Marie Vachata

Hillside, IL

#2697 Jan 13, 2011
ChocolateChip wrote:
Marie Vachata was one of the worst waste of time Mayors we have ever had. She was terrible at town hall meetings. She would get all tongue tied and she would look like a big old sack of stupid sitting there. I am glad she traded her Mayoral and trustee seat in for the bar stool at Waterworks.
Is that you TLC / MVP. At least I didn't Bankrupt the Village. Put in 4 Tif Disticts, Build on Contaminated land. And I am not a coward to leave out my name. No matter where you sit you may melt all over the place, Chocolate Chip. Be nasty, it only shows your mentality. Mayor Marie Vachata and proud of it. You people stopped me from serving the people in the Village Of Lyons. Bet your not proud of your accomplishments, neither are the people in the village.
JustMe

Lyons, IL

#2698 Jan 13, 2011
Sorry Ms. Vachata...
You were a BIG waste of time and space.
I-C-U

Berwyn, IL

#2700 Jan 14, 2011
HAPPY DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. DAY to ALL the LAID-OFF MEN at the PUBLIC WORKS DEPT.
Concerned Resident

Berwyn, IL

#2701 Jan 16, 2011
Mayor Marie Vachata wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that you TLC / MVP. At least I didn't Bankrupt the Village. Put in 4 Tif Disticts, Build on Contaminated land. And I am not a coward to leave out my name. No matter where you sit you may melt all over the place, Chocolate Chip. Be nasty, it only shows your mentality. Mayor Marie Vachata and proud of it. You people stopped me from serving the people in the Village Of Lyons. Bet your not proud of your accomplishments, neither are the people in the village.
I question whether this is even Vachata. Why do these people continue to call themselves "Mayor" when it's Village President"? When you do that it just goes to show how smart you are.
Municipal News

Hillside, IL

#2702 Jan 17, 2011
Concerned Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
I question whether this is even Vachata. Why do these people continue to call themselves "Mayor" when it's Village President"? When you do that it just goes to show how smart you are.
We know how smart you are, you are a TLC/MVP person. Never wrong in your eyes. In a small village with 10,000 people you can be a President or a Mayor. Check it out with Mr. Buish.
The Answer

Forest Park, IL

#2703 Jan 17, 2011
Concerned Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
I was at the board meeting a few months after Getty won, Schuppe refused to approve the agenda because it said Mayor Getty and not President Getty. At that time the question was directed to the attorney present, his answer was that the term is one in the same and both apply. He said it was a matter of choice by the Mayor and at that time Schuppe dropped his complaint and approved the agenda. Please do your homework before you insult people you small person.
Francine

Lyons, IL

#2704 Jan 17, 2011
At least someone is paying attention. Thank you.
cba

Lyons, IL

#2705 Jan 18, 2011
JustMe

Lyons, IL

#2706 Jan 18, 2011
President or Manager...Whats in a Name?

DO The JOB (correectly)!
Thats what matters!
APPELLATE DECISION

Lyons, IL

#2707 Jan 24, 2011
APRIL 2011

Berwyn, IL

#2709 Feb 3, 2011
Have the residents had enough? Talk about a SNOW JOB! Chicago Tribune and CLTV reports that a man in Lyons died Tuesday night while shoveling snow in front of his home on the 4200 block of Konrad.
Police and Ambulances were called to the scene about 11:45p.m. Because the road was IMPASSABLE,The man a 58 year old Lyons resident was taken via police armored vehicle to a WAITING AMBULANCE,which took him to Loyola Medical Center.
The man died there. Do to the POLITICAL LAY-OFF'S the Public Works Department Staff was cut by almost 50 percent. They could not keep up with the snow fall.To much work for to little people.
BRING THE LAID-OFF PUBLIC WORKS GUYS BACK TO WORK!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lyons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Serpico aka Taxpayer fo Years 3 hr MP shiznit 1
90-Year-Old Restaurant Closes In Burbank (Oct '08) 5 hr Lynda 4
What happened to the Hillside Shopping Center? (Mar '08) 11 hr Bellwood Girl 525
Retired police sergeant found shot dead in back... (Jun '12) 13 hr MP shiznit 14
Nonna gone LOL 13 hr MP shiznit 2
Bad Contractor (Dec '11) 16 hr NutBag 57
Quinlan won't run for third term on Oak Lawn Vi... Wed EyesonU 1
Lyons Dating
Find my Match

Lyons People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lyons News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lyons

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]