Two men nabbed on drug charges

May 30, 2011 Full story: East Texas News 8

TRINITY An undercover sting and a routine traffic stop landed two men behind bars last week in Trinity.

Full Story
Linda Pettitt

United States

#1 May 30, 2011
Great job ! Keep it up
Silly

Normangee, TX

#2 May 31, 2011
Good job? You mean by not tripping and letting the suspects get away? Because it was not a case of brilliant police work in either case.

Once case involved a guy who had a whole 20 old pain pills laying around the house and decided to get rid of them. A scenario most people have - how many prescription bottles do you have laying around the house from a while back? If you are "normal" you have several. An "undercover" officer offered to buy them for $5 each. Most people might be willing to sell an old bottle of medicine to a friend for $5 a tablet. I probably would myself.

The other involved an idiot driving through Trinity at night without having his lights on, and who happened to have a car full of live and growing pot plants in his front and back seats. Doh!

Trinity is a known traffic "trap" at the best of times. When you are just plain stupid you send yourself to jail. "Good" police work does not enter the equation.

sweety

Trinity, TX

#3 May 31, 2011
Silly wrote:
An "undercover" officer offered to buy them for $5 each. Most people might be willing to sell an old bottle of medicine to a friend for $5 a tablet. I probably would myself.
Then he would have a cell mate, because selling YOUR prescription pills to someone else is a CRIME.
Silly

Normangee, TX

#4 May 31, 2011
sweety wrote:
<quoted text>
Then he would have a cell mate, because selling YOUR prescription pills to someone else is a CRIME.
it was also a state felony CRIME, until only 2 years ago, to own, or promote the use of, phallus shaped sex toys in Texas

it is also a crime in Texas to take more than 3 sips of beer while standing up

it is (recently passed no less) Texas state law that criminals are required to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed.

then there is this gem on the state law books to this very day, even though the US Supreme Court ruled against Texas on the issue:

21.06. Homosexual Conduct

(a) A person commits an offense if he engages in deviate sexual intercourse with another individual of the same sex.

(b) An offense under this section is a Class C misdemeanor.

Acts 1973, 63rd Leg., p. 883, ch. 399, &#65533; 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1974. Amended by Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 900, &#65533; 1.01, eff. Sept. 1, 1994.

“Stop buggin' me”

Since: Feb 11

United States

#5 May 31, 2011
To Silly:
"you probably would yourself" Well someone did that to my cousin who was undercover and now Cozy is his boss!!

Since: May 11

Fort Worth, TX

#6 May 31, 2011
Wow the guy had marijuana who was his victim anybody catch the victims name???? No victim how bout that violation of that mans constitutional rights no victim no crime
dougnuts hole

Centerville, TX

#7 Jun 1, 2011
DANG, Thought Woody was buying Breakfast with that "C" DANG.
missy

Trinity, TX

#8 Jun 1, 2011
DANG you've been inhailing those welding fumes again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lovelady Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 1 hr K 678
a wolf in sheep's clothing 2 hr AppleBottom 3
Naked woman sitting in a tree (meth head) headl... 2 hr AppleBottom 4
Does anyone know why Mr. Gatti's Pizza closed d... (Feb '11) 3 hr Bobby Flay 4
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Fri Manny 535
Obama doing an exceptional good job Fri Trinity Republicans 1
promark research - a tele-bully company Oct 21 frustrated 1
Lovelady Dating
Find my Match

Lovelady Jobs