Two men nabbed on drug charges

May 30, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: East Texas News

TRINITY An undercover sting and a routine traffic stop landed two men behind bars last week in Trinity.

Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Jun 1, 2011
Linda Pettitt

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2011

Great job ! Keep it up
Silly

Crockett, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2011

Good job? You mean by not tripping and letting the suspects get away? Because it was not a case of brilliant police work in either case.

Once case involved a guy who had a whole 20 old pain pills laying around the house and decided to get rid of them. A scenario most people have - how many prescription bottles do you have laying around the house from a while back? If you are "normal" you have several. An "undercover" officer offered to buy them for $5 each. Most people might be willing to sell an old bottle of medicine to a friend for $5 a tablet. I probably would myself.

The other involved an idiot driving through Trinity at night without having his lights on, and who happened to have a car full of live and growing pot plants in his front and back seats. Doh!

Trinity is a known traffic "trap" at the best of times. When you are just plain stupid you send yourself to jail. "Good" police work does not enter the equation.

sweety

Fairfield, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2011

Judged:

Silly wrote:
An "undercover" officer offered to buy them for $5 each. Most people might be willing to sell an old bottle of medicine to a friend for $5 a tablet. I probably would myself.
Then he would have a cell mate, because selling YOUR prescription pills to someone else is a CRIME.
Silly

Crockett, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2011

sweety wrote:
<quoted text>
Then he would have a cell mate, because selling YOUR prescription pills to someone else is a CRIME.
it was also a state felony CRIME, until only 2 years ago, to own, or promote the use of, phallus shaped sex toys in Texas

it is also a crime in Texas to take more than 3 sips of beer while standing up

it is (recently passed no less) Texas state law that criminals are required to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed.

then there is this gem on the state law books to this very day, even though the US Supreme Court ruled against Texas on the issue:

21.06. Homosexual Conduct

(a) A person commits an offense if he engages in deviate sexual intercourse with another individual of the same sex.

(b) An offense under this section is a Class C misdemeanor.

Acts 1973, 63rd Leg., p. 883, ch. 399, &#65533; 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1974. Amended by Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 900, &#65533; 1.01, eff. Sept. 1, 1994.

“Stop buggin' me”

Since: Feb 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2011

To Silly:
"you probably would yourself" Well someone did that to my cousin who was undercover and now Cozy is his boss!!

Since: May 11

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2011

Wow the guy had marijuana who was his victim anybody catch the victims name???? No victim how bout that violation of that mans constitutional rights no victim no crime
dougnuts hole

Buffalo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

DANG, Thought Woody was buying Breakfast with that "C" DANG.
missy

Crockett, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

DANG you've been inhailing those welding fumes again.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lovelady Discussions

Search the Lovelady Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Imperial Chicano 17,166
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 5 hr Losers 21,603
The new Trinity Standard is horrible! 11 hr WWW 5
illegal invasion of AMERICA 20 hr uranidiot 4
Upcoming Elections (Jun '13) Jul 25 beaver buster 32
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) Jul 25 nina roth 755
Trinity Plantation? (Jul '09) Jul 24 just suggesting 68
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lovelady Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lovelady People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE