Climate change affecting trees, streams in the West

Mar 27, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Seattle Post-Intelligencer

“There's an old saying, 'I'd rather be upstream with a shovel and a ditch that downstream with a decree,'”

Around the same time the American West started heating up five years ago, Colorado started losing its lodgepole pine forests to a beetle infestation. via Seattle Post-Intelligencer

Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Mar 29, 2008
tinier t1

Bryan, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2008

clue people ,draining th e land is why you fools
freezin in IN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2008

GW is BULL.
Iron Ranger

Eden Prairie, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2008

According to Al Gore, executive director of the Southern Hemisphere Investigative Team, this disaster has been recorded as a 7 on a scale of 10. Supplies and money are being sent by the S.H.I.Tey ocean liner to the scene of this tragedy. Gore has investigated the event as well in his private plane.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2008

something to think about,
The USFS (us Forest service) has basically taken our national forest's away from Americans.
then they dont take care of it, to keep a good forest good it has to be cultivated, the loggers did a great job of helping with that.
the USFS should of been burning the pine needles that fall on the ground, left on the ground they give nesting to the bark beetle that has multiplied and now out of control killing trees everywhere. the bark beetle bores holes in the tree and then it dies.
so blame the USFS for this along with all the Endangered Spieces Act for stating a lie about the spotted owl in the first place, the spotted owl that was endangered, lol and shut down all the logging and sawmills in the west.
The logger that use to churn up the dirt and skid loggs out of the woods actually did some good, look at the Indian Reservation that still have sawmills and log, there forest isnt dieing off.
just the National Forest that is being taken care of by our United States Forest Service you know the ones that took the signs down in the 70s that use to say (Protect Your National Forest) those signs are gone, because its not our National Forest any more, the Fed Gov has used our National Forest as collaterl for there trillions of dollars debt that is taken from the world bank. the only land that it excludes is the Wilderness's that has been excluded for animals that are becoming extinct, that is why the spotted owl, the mexican grey wolf ect....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flash Flood Watch for Boulder County was issued at July 29 at 10:23PM MDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Louisville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Louisville People Search