Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,179

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“Out and Proud”

Since: Dec 10

Concord, California

#152722 Aug 1, 2012
Turning now to the November election, Amazon founder Jeff Bezos has donated two point five million dollars to support a marriage equality referendum in Washington. Voters will decide whether to approve or reject marriage equality in less than 100 days. Polling on Ref 74 is currently too close to call, with 50% supporting the measure and 43% rejecting it. And thereís confusion over the meaning of a vote, with many not understanding that an ďapproveĒ vote means upholding the marriage equality law.

In Maine, fundraisers have brought in one point two million dollars for their marriage equality measure. The opposition, on the other hand, has raised less than fifty thousand dollars. Polling shows residents support the freedom to marry by a margin of 57 to 35 percent.

The Democratic National Committee is moving towards approving marriage equality in the official party platform. The plank was unanimously approved by a 15-member panel this weekend. Now itíll undergo discussion at an August 10 meeting in Detroit. Then itíll be finalized at the Charlotte, North Carolina convention in early September.

The pressure is on for a marriage ruling by the US Supreme Court. An appellate court hearing in the Golinski case was scheduled for September, but thatís been put on hold pending a decision on whether the Supreme Court will take the case instead.

Meanwhile, both New York City and Massachusetts asked the Supreme Court last week to rule on the constitutionality of the Defense of Marriage Act. This comes on the heels of a report from New York that their first year of marriage equality brought two hundred and fifty nine million dollars to the state.

And thereís been plenty of international progress lately. Scotland has announced new marriage equality legislation that carries majority support in Parliament. If approved, that law could go into effect in 2013.

David Cameron, the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, pledged this week to legalize the freedom to marry by 2015. And John Key, the Prime Minister of New Zealand, pledged his support for a marriage equality bill thatís been selected for a vote by the end of the year.

And despite a spotty record on human rights, officials in Vietnam are now studying options for recognizing LGBT relationships. But thereís bad news in Poland this week, where Parliament blocked a debate on establishing civil unions. Under some interpretations, Polandís constitution may prohibit any relationship recognition, but the ruling Civic Platform party will continue its work on a partnership law.
Spike

Covina, CA

#152723 Aug 1, 2012
Can't wait until the store starts stalking spike again?
thisGuy

Killeen, TX

#152724 Aug 1, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Dumbazz.......but it is usually idiots like yourself that tend to describe what you think Gays and Lesbians do in the privacy of their home.......why? Because you obviously need the vision in order to be disgusted about it........try not thinking so much about it and it might help you not be such a dumbazz!!!
Oh go cry me a river you fat lesbo!
thisGuy

Killeen, TX

#152725 Aug 1, 2012
Cedric wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact you not only minimalize but dismiss the actual human content that differentiates our relationships from the simple animal breeding in favor of once appealing to appearances is a perfect demonstration of why your marriages don't work-and neither does your Christianity for that matter, which is pretty much of the same kind window dressing enterprise for most of you. The fact that you choose to then sideline the argument by throwing in red herring arguments demonstrates that in reality you have no leg to stand on in your rebuttal. We're not addressing polygamy, objectaphilia or pedophilia, we're addressing the dual association of contractual marriage and how that applies to two adults that meet contractual qualifications as they currently stand. We're not discussing health statistics, we're discussing American citizens and the rights to the equal application of priveliges to all of them. And until your state mandates a mandatory proof of fertility requirement as a criteria for issuing a licence, your brood sow argument is totally irrelevant as it's never been a practice in law used to exclude anyone from marriage. And as for HIV, I challenge you to go beyond your cult beliefs about it and read the significant current history and also put put the epidemic in the context of its world-wide demographics.
"The fact you not only minimalize but dismiss the actual human content that differentiates our relationships from the simple animal breeding in favor of once appealing to appearances is a perfect demonstration of why your marriages don't work"
-Bitch please...marriage doesn't work for many reasons. It could be money. It could infidelity. It could be trust issues. And other times it could be irresponsibility. That's why teen marriages don't last, & neither do homo ones too. You should try & take the lessons for heterosexual couples 30 yrs & older.

"and neither does your Christianity for that matter, which is pretty much of the same kind window dressing enterprise for most of you."
-So what's your point, fudgee? I have the right the practice my faith, just as much as you have the right to disagree with it.

"The fact that you choose to then sideline the argument by throwing in red herring arguments demonstrates that in reality you have no leg to stand on in your rebuttal"
-How the hell am I "sidelining" the argument? Second, I DO have a leg to stand on, it's called COMMON SENSE.

"We're not addressing polygamy, objectaphilia or pedophilia, we're addressing the dual association of contractual marriage and how that applies to two adults that meet contractual qualifications as they currently stand."
-LOL Really? Look what happened to Canada after they allowed SSM. The Libtards started pushing for polygamy marriage. And what's the deal with you homos & NAMBLA & Planned Parenthood? These organizations are run by homosexuals pushing for pedophilia! Seems to like you are. Children are like trophies to you.

"We're not discussing health statistics, we're discussing American citizens and the rights to the equal application of priveliges to all of them."
-So we should allow people to do whatever they want as long as it makes them "happy"? LOL Well then, I guess that means we should let child molesters sleep with little kids & murderers to kill whoever they want, since it makes them "happy". Oh those poor criminals & serial killers, they don't have equal rights /sarcasm

"And until your state mandates a mandatory proof of fertility requirement as a criteria for issuing a licence"
-Ok here's one: Where do babies come from?(hint: the answer is NOT homosexuals)

"your brood sow argument is totally irrelevant as it's never been a practice in law used to exclude anyone from marriage."
-So my argument is "irrelevant" because my state doesn't support SSM? LOL What about Chick-Fil-A? They don't support SSM either. Does that make them "irrelevant" too? LOL
thisGuy

Killeen, TX

#152726 Aug 1, 2012
Cedric wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact you not only minimalize but dismiss the actual human content that differentiates our relationships from the simple animal breeding in favor of once appealing to appearances is a perfect demonstration of why your marriages don't work-and neither does your Christianity for that matter, which is pretty much of the same kind window dressing enterprise for most of you. The fact that you choose to then sideline the argument by throwing in red herring arguments demonstrates that in reality you have no leg to stand on in your rebuttal. We're not addressing polygamy, objectaphilia or pedophilia, we're addressing the dual association of contractual marriage and how that applies to two adults that meet contractual qualifications as they currently stand. We're not discussing health statistics, we're discussing American citizens and the rights to the equal application of priveliges to all of them. And until your state mandates a mandatory proof of fertility requirement as a criteria for issuing a licence, your brood sow argument is totally irrelevant as it's never been a practice in law used to exclude anyone from marriage. And as for HIV, I challenge you to go beyond your cult beliefs about it and read the significant current history and also put put the epidemic in the context of its world-wide demographics.
" And as for HIV, I challenge you to go beyond your cult beliefs about it and read the significant current history and also put put the epidemic in the context of its world-wide demographics."
-Dude, it's been done. The Gay Liberation Movement & the AIDS outbreak of the '80s speak for themselves. You queers started the whole mess

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#152727 Aug 1, 2012
thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh go cry me a river you fat lesbo!
Again if that's all ya got........fruck off lil boi!!!
thisGuy

Killeen, TX

#152728 Aug 1, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm already married
TRANSLATION: "I'm already civil-unioned"

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#152729 Aug 1, 2012
thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
" And as for HIV, I challenge you to go beyond your cult beliefs about it and read the significant current history and also put put the epidemic in the context of its world-wide demographics."
-Dude, it's been done. The Gay Liberation Movement & the AIDS outbreak of the '80s speak for themselves. You queers started the whole mess
You were told to LOOK outside your frucked up mindset and read the facts.......HIV/AIDS has been around a HELLUVA a lot longer than the 80's and it is a WORLD WIDE EPIDEMIC that does not look at one's sexual orientation.......but then, you ain't the brightest light in the socket, are ya?
thisGuy

Killeen, TX

#152731 Aug 1, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
You were told to LOOK outside your frucked up mindset and read the facts.......HIV/AIDS has been around a HELLUVA a lot longer than the 80's and it is a WORLD WIDE EPIDEMIC that does not look at one's sexual orientation.......but then, you ain't the brightest light in the socket, are ya?
Ok, so where's world wide epidemic? I thought I have already covered this topic with you clowns
thisGuy

Killeen, TX

#152732 Aug 1, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again if that's all ya got........fruck off lil boi!!!
problem?
Chik Fil A

Los Angeles, CA

#152733 Aug 1, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, again you prove just how much of an idiot you really are.
I'm already married, don't need to move unless I want to and it's rather a bit of discrimination to tell American Citizens where they MUST get married or live for that matter......sorry, that AIN'T gonna happen.........well just make it a right in this State and every other state!!!
Its okay if you clam-bearing lezz-hos frequent our establishment, but please refrain from washing your rank and fetid slot-boxes in our restroom sinks. Thank you.
Liberals ARE FREAKS

Magalia, CA

#152734 Aug 1, 2012
Is everyone enjoying Chick-Fal-A Appreciation Day?
IT's A HIT!!!!!

HEADLINE:

Lines and drive-thrus at Chick-fil-A restaurants across the US fill up with supporters, lines around blocks.

&fe ature=related
Mr Ed

Los Angeles, CA

#152735 Aug 1, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Dumbazz........20 states have no laws about bestiality, so, in other words it's okay to FRUCK your horse in Texas just as long as you don't offend anyone, but not okay for 2 consenting adults over the age of 18 to get married......brilliant!!!
Hey bittch! I'm glad you enjoyed our time together in Galveston, but business is business. Wilbur said you short-changed me by ten bucks and gave me an STD to boot! Are you gonna make good on my fee and vet bill??
Whatever

Seattle, WA

#152736 Aug 1, 2012
+ 2 voting and constitution.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#152737 Aug 1, 2012
thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, so where's world wide epidemic? I thought I have already covered this topic with you clowns
Around the plant Earth would be WORLD WIDE dumbazz!!!

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#152738 Aug 1, 2012
Mr Ed wrote:
Fruck off AZZhole!!!

Sorry, not into dicks regardless of who they are attached to!!!

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#152739 Aug 1, 2012
thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
problem?
Not with you.....you're simply just a lil boi, wet behind the ears......let me know when you decide to grow-up!!!

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#152740 Aug 1, 2012
thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
TRANSLATION: "I'm already civil-unioned"
Sorry, but you'd be wrong AGAIN. How many times must you be wrong before you finally get educated? I'm attended college classes with young men smarter than you!!!!
Liberals ARE FREAKS

Magalia, CA

#152741 Aug 1, 2012
Mr Ed wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey bittch! I'm glad you enjoyed our time together in Galveston, but business is business. Wilbur said you short-changed me by ten bucks and gave me an STD to boot! Are you gonna make good on my fee and vet bill??
TUSTIN! I grew-up in Tustin. I havent been there in years. Is it still a nice Conservative area?
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#152742 Aug 1, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, again you prove just how much of an idiot you really are.
I'm already married, don't need to move unless I want to and it's rather a bit of discrimination to tell American Citizens where they MUST get married or live for that matter......sorry, that AIN'T gonna happen.........well just make it a right in this State and every other state!!!
Come on Rose, are you trying to be stupid?? read what I wrote and think before you respond ... damn you are dense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Angeles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gary Robbins Threatens SCWXA Meteorologist Kevi... (Aug '09) 20 min OneForAll 65
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 15 hr Bently 19,559
Poisoned Drinking Water Supply Sat Cancer Alert 1
Dodgers GM lies Dec 19 wondring 3
Los Angeles commercial demolition services (Jul '08) Dec 18 Paul Bear 2
Review: MI Windows and Doors (Apr '09) Dec 18 KGR 110
Rename Griffith Park to Villaraigosa Park? Dec 17 La Merced Dude 6

Beach Hazards Statement for Los Angeles County was issued at December 21 at 5:47PM PST

Los Angeles News Video

Los Angeles Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Los Angeles People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Los Angeles News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Los Angeles

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:03 am PST