Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Hey Elmer J

Los Angeles, CA

#140323 May 8, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Because a public place is no place for anyone to have sex but gays think a public place is fine place to have sex even in front of children.....
But your ilk is doing a good job to insure the majority teaches their children that your type are evil and nasty and to stay away from them at all cost....
Then when they see their father (me) break a perverts nose in a restaurant they also learn how to deal with gay people........
Great job.....
Really: You've seen guys having sex in a restaurant? You do frequent the most unusual places....
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#140324 May 8, 2012
sociopathic Liberals wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay 'Rights'???
How can it be 'Right' when it's all wrong??? If it were 'right'? You wouldn't call yourself 'left'!
A penis DOES NOT belong in another mans mouth! Or even worse? Up his butt!!!
Disgusting!!!
Odd that you can't stop writing about it.....
Give Up

Milpitas, CA

#140325 May 8, 2012
So, what exactly is the point of voting anymore....answer...there is no point. Voting = legal appeals = overturning the will of the majority.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#140326 May 8, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
When you dumb down marriage to let redumdant genders who are absolutely and permanently sterile marry, you open the door for literally anyone and anything.
The ol' slippery slope fallacy.... how exciting. I haven't heard THAT shit for, oh, two hours.
Winston Smith

Winchester, VA

#140327 May 8, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
And the law has not changed........LOL
So instead of behaving like an adult and post a link that was respectufully requested you prefer to act like a child and post silly little quips. You've wasted plenty of time doing so when one post with a link(s) would have sufficed and consumed much less time. Thanks for displaying your character.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#140328 May 8, 2012
Hey Elmer J wrote:
<quoted text>
Really: You've seen guys having sex in a restaurant? You do frequent the most unusual places....
My point exactly......strange places these folks visit!!!
Bill Of Rights

Livermore, CA

#140329 May 8, 2012
Give Up wrote:
So, what exactly is the point of voting anymore....answer...there is no point. Voting = legal appeals = overturning the will of the majority.
Yeah,it's a bitch when that pesky Constitution gets in the way isn't it? LOL,Hey ,what don't you get or not comprehend about Unconstitutional? Perhaps a civics class would be a good idea for you because as it is you sound like an uneducated reprobate!No wonder this country is in such trouble! LOL
Gave Up

Milpitas, CA

#140330 May 8, 2012
So So glad my kids are grown and will never again experience the California School system or including what was once known as the California College System...now known as a complete mess and waste of money. want you kids to get a higher education, send them to another state that cares about education more then multi-billion dollar high speed trains and social programs for people who occupy our country illegally.

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Baltimore, MD

#140331 May 8, 2012
The Great Sly_Clyde wrote:
<quoted text>
What a moron, I posted a link to a documentary on the subject.... Yes there are Gay ( homosexual) Hasidim . OH one more thing Proffesor Poof. Your definition is FUBAR
Homosexuality is romantic or sexual attraction or behavior between members of the same sex or gender. As a sexual orientation, homosexuality refers to "an enduring pattern of or disposition to experience sexual, affectionate, or romantic attractions" primarily or exclusively to people of the same sex; "it also refers to an individual's sense of personal and social identity based on those attractions, behaviors expressing them, and membership in a community of others who share them."[1][2]
Homosexuality is one of the three main categories of sexual orientation, along with bisexuality and heterosexuality, within the heterosexual-homosexual continuum (with asexuality sometimes considered the fourth). Scientific and medical understanding is that sexual orientation is not a choice, but rather a complex interplay of biological and environmental factors.[1][3] While some religious organizations hold the view that homosexual activity is unnatural or dysfunctional,[4] research shows that homosexuality is an example of normal variation in human sexuality and is not in and of itself a source of negative psychological effects.[1] Prejudice and discrimination against homosexual and bisexual people, however, have been shown to cause psychological harm.[5]
The most common terms for homosexual people are lesbian for women and gay for men, though gay is also used to refer generally to homosexual men and women. The number of people who identify as gay or lesbian—and the proportion of people who have same-sex sexual experiences—are difficult for researchers to estimate reliably for a variety of reasons.[6] In the modern West, according to major studies, 2% to 13% of the population is homosexual or has had some form of same-sex sexual contact within his or her lifetime.[7][8][9][10][11][12] [13][14][15][16][17] In a 2006 study 20% of respondents anonymously reported some homosexual feelings, although fewer participants identified themselves as homosexual.[18] Homosexual behavior is also widely observed in animals.[
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality
You need to learn the difference between Orthodox and Hasidic Jews. The only person from a Hasidim in the documentary you reference was the lesbian. How you missed the word "Hasidim" in my comments once again underlines your continual problem with reading comprehension.

Go back to my comments and read them again then report back if I once use the term "Orthodox" Jews.

And once again --stop wasting everyone's time, Clyde. Learn to read for content. If you're unsure of what you read, go back and read it again.

Got all that, Jackass?
Anonymous

Vallejo, CA

#140332 May 8, 2012
Breaking News - http://us.cnn.com/
North Carolina voters approve a referendum to constitutionally ban same-sex marriage, CNN projects. State law already does not permit such unions. Passage of Amendment 1 largely prevents the state's judiciary from overturning the bill by enshrining its language into the state constitution. Thirty states previously voted in favor of constitutional amendments that seek to defend traditional definitions of marriage as a heterosexual union.
Dee

Norwalk, CA

#140334 May 8, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
North Carolina voters approve a referendum to constitutionally ban same-sex marriage, CNN projects. State law already does not permit such unions. Passage of Amendment 1 largely prevents the state's judiciary from overturning the bill by enshrining its language into the state constitution. Thirty states previously voted in favor of constitutional amendments that seek to defend traditional definitions of marriage as a heterosexual union.
>>>>>>> >YEA!

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#140335 May 8, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
North Carolina is bigoted racist religious sh!t hole. They would vote against the rights of women and blacks if they could get it to poplar vote. F*ck you North Carolina. F*ck you and the rest of the bible belt that is dragging America down.
Dee

Norwalk, CA

#140336 May 8, 2012
you all sound like another religious nut house.....KEEP IT SIMPLE....North Carolina did!
ARGUING with IDIOTS

Chico, CA

#140337 May 8, 2012
Wat the Tyler wrote:
<quoted text>North Carolina is bigoted racist religious sh!t hole. They would vote against the rights of women and blacks if they could get it to poplar vote. F*ck you North Carolina. F*ck you and the rest of the bible belt that is dragging America down.
Where do you live that provide such deep hatred and vile? Must be wonderful. lol

“Yellow Brick Road”

Since: Mar 12

The Land of OZ

#140338 May 8, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to learn the difference between Orthodox and Hasidic Jews. The only person from a Hasidim in the documentary you reference was the lesbian. How you missed the word "Hasidim" in my comments once again underlines your continual problem with reading comprehension.
Go back to my comments and read them again then report back if I once use the term "Orthodox" Jews.
And once again --stop wasting everyone's time, Clyde. Learn to read for content. If you're unsure of what you read, go back and read it again.
Got all that, Jackass?
Let me see if I get this.

Only men can be called homosexual. Women who are attracted to the same sex are just lesbians. Is that right???

#140339 May 8, 2012
ARGUING with IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you live that provide such deep hatred and vile? Must be wonderful. lol
I live in Pennsylvania which is one of the few US states that doesn't have a discrimination against lgbt couples written in our Constitution like North Carolina.

Since: Aug 09

Smithfield, RI

#140340 May 8, 2012
God bless North Carolina. Looks like the population of California is going to increase.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Mexico

#140341 May 8, 2012
The Great Sly_Clyde wrote:
<quoted text>Let me see if I get this.
Only men can be called homosexual. Women who are attracted to the same sex are just lesbians. Is that right???
Did you see the beating the gay community took in North carolina??

The normals are tired of the abnormals forcing there lifestyle on them.....
The gay community is willing to give up equal rights in a civil union only to try and change the word marriage and that will not be happening anytime soon....

North Carolina voters have passed a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage today via a statewide ballot measure, according the Associated Press.
North Carolina already had a statute banning gay marriage. Amendment One declares that “marriage between one man and one woman is the only domestic legal union that shall be valid or recognized in this state”— vague language that opponents say could threaten domestic partnership protections for all couples while closing the door to any sort of same-sex unions.

www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/nor...
ARGUING with IDIOTS

Chico, CA

#140342 May 8, 2012
Wat the Tyler wrote:
<quoted text>I live in Pennsylvania which is one of the few US states that doesn't have a discrimination against lgbt couples written in our Constitution like North Carolina.
But you hate everyone else?

#140343 May 8, 2012
ARGUING with IDIOTS wrote:
But you hate everyone else?
No I only hate homophobic racist bigots.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Angeles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hollywood is Mutilating Women in the War on Women 1 hr Culture Auditor 3
Van Nuys man expected to be charged with attemp... (Oct '09) 1 hr Arlofkshtup 54
It is customary for the men to pay 2 hr Rich 2
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr UnderstandPeople 19,376
Los Angeles commercial painting services (Jul '08) 7 hr maryjaneprincton 3
Proposition 1 could lessen future water shortag... 9 hr Mata Faka 1
Nora Aunor is "All Time Greatest Artist/Actress... (Oct '06) 9 hr Cin 1,336

Los Angeles News Video

Los Angeles Dating
Find my Match

Los Angeles Jobs

Los Angeles People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Los Angeles News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Los Angeles

Personal Finance