Mayor Villaraigosa says mishap shows importance of riding safely

Full story: LA Daily News

Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and girlfriend Lu Parker as he arrived at the South Los Angeles Animal Shelter on Monday, July 19, 2010.
Comments
1 - 20 of 35 Comments Last updated Jul 23, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Old Fogey

Woodland Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2010

Darn kids on bikes, he should be working not going about to get more from his chica.....the also did an MRI of his brain but it revealed nothing....
I live in LA

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2010

He can't even ride a bike, how can he govern a city???
American

Sylmar, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2010

Forgot she was born in NC and brought up in a very whitey atmosphere. I'd be pissed if I was an Hispanic woman.
I live in LA

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2010

He claims to be an avid cyclist? hahahahaha

Another retarded LAUSD,UCLA product of affirmative action. Didn't he drop out of High School?(I guess it was easier to get into UCLA back in the days) Failed his bar exam 10 times? Now he can't even ride a bike without falling on his "hard head". hahahaha
City Employee

Lakewood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2010

Fortunately Tony can pick our pockets with either hand.
Funny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2010

To all the bikers learn to use your brakes. Wear a helmet, Don't listen to a Mp3 player as your ride, obey all laws and use COMMEN SENSE. I been riding on L.A. streets for 20 years i have never had a accident while riding on L.A. streets. I say it again use commen sense. The road is big enough for everybody. Ride smart.
Funnier

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2010

Funny wrote:
To all the bikers learn to use your brakes. Wear a helmet, Don't listen to a Mp3 player as your ride, obey all laws and use COMMEN SENSE. I been riding on L.A. streets for 20 years i have never had a accident while riding on L.A. streets. I say it again use commen sense. The road is big enough for everybody. Ride smart.
When commen sense doesn't seem to work, use common sense.

“America & LEGAL Americans 1st”

Since: Aug 08

Chatsworth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2010

If the Alcalde, Greasy Tony, El Mayor La Raza was actually WORKING at HIS OFFICE this wouldn't have happened. And one has to wonder about what kind of brain damage Lu Parker has to be associated with this anti-American traitor.
Steve

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2010

This accident is a metaphor for the Mayor. He doesn't know how to use the brakes on his bike without falling, and in political life when he hits a bump he doesn't know when to stop the all the PR appearances and do his actual job. The Mayor needed to take biking lessons on how to manuever aroung unexpected cabs, and he needed to take leadership lessons on how to govern in difficult times. It is easy to bicycle on flat empty bike routes, just like it is easy to govern when the economy is great and you have a surplus. You can go to all these extracurricular activites and no one cares, but in hard times showing up to Staples in $5,000 seats is something he should of put the brakes on.
sndpppr

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2010

"The city streets are for everyone and we need to show more courtesy on the streets," LaBonge said

Cyclist should ride single file instead of 2,3 or 4 abreast or they are going to gt hit.....
Anamouse

Manhattan Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2010

What a shame he's back on his feet so quickly. I'd have gladly given him a few years off to recover.

Maybe next time we'll be a little luckier.

I hope he didn't scratch the taxi cab.

I bet the driver is getting lots if high fives!
TRUTH

La Quinta, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2010

Avid cyclist my ass. The only thing he knows how to ride is hookers. Idiot hits the wrong brake and is now an advocate on bicycle safety. What a joke.
CULT LEADER

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2010

He should of been given a field sobriety test. He was probly drunk or coming back
from a crack house, try'en to stay on the low via a bicycle. Where's a cop when
you need one.
Anamouse

Manhattan Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2010

TRUTH wrote:
Avid cyclist my ****. The only thing he knows how to ride is hookers. Idiot hits the wrong brake and is now an advocate on bicycle safety. What a joke.
But he's a politcian and that's how it works.

He has a problem and then he wants to tell you how to live your life.

He hit a taxi and now he wants to tell you how to drive.

That makes sense to him.
get a life

Anaheim, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2010

Why haven't we seen the police report on this? Anyone else and that would have been the first thing we'd read about! But no, I thinks there's way more to this than what we are seeing....gee, that's kinds like everything this POS does anyway. Right? All the back door dealings that have made this city a third world POC. Tony the Toilet is at it again. What's happening to the recall????
Rufus T Firefly

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2010

Maybe if he had been at city hall where he should have been, this kind of mishap would not have happened. Secondly, what on earth does Lu Parker see in this clown?
I live in LA

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2010

Rufus T Firefly wrote:
Maybe if he had been at city hall where he should have been, this kind of mishap would not have happened. Secondly, what on earth does Lu Parker see in this clown?
She likes greasy churizos.
I live in LA

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2010

Rufus T Firefly wrote:
And front row seats to the Lakers and Dodgers.
MetalHead

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2010

That Taxi driver should have mowed him down completely, not just broken his arm!!!

That way, we don't have to go through the costly recall process.

Villaraigosa needs to be removed from office - whichever way that occurs is ok by me.
Girlfriend not the issue

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2010

It seems like the people posting on this page have nothing better to do than to gossip about the mayor's girlfriend. Who cares? The relevant issue here is that the mayor was riding in a bike lane and got hit by a driver. Based on experience, it is quite possible that the bike lane positions a bicyclist in the driver's blind spot, even though the driver is required to look over the shoulder before pulling out.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Los Angeles Forum right now

Search the Los Angeles Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 hr Lumpy Churchhill 18,610
Los Angeles toddler, 3, dead after becoming tra... 8 hr Ibn Natas 2
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 8 hr seekers 4,900
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 8 hr Pole swap 7,855
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 14 hr Orange Cove cow licker 200,366
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 15 hr rain or snow to slow 15,928
Iron Order MC - Mongols - Vagos Wed Icefire 2
•••
•••

Los Angeles News Video

•••
•••

Los Angeles Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Los Angeles People Search