Venice Shooting: Adam Pacheco, 31.

Oct 1, 2008 Full story: Homicide Report 21

Adam Pacheco, a 31-year-old Latino man, was standing outside a club when a gunman walked up and fatally shot him with a handgun in the 1400 block of Abbot Kinney Boulevard at 9:30 p.m., Sunday, Sept.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
unk

United States

#1 Oct 4, 2008
adam was my friend and i will miss him....
gabriel

Hawthorne, CA

#2 Oct 7, 2008
love you brother,miss you already,love youre little brother gabriel,love you so much.
Pony

United States

#3 Oct 8, 2008
This is sad aging another gang shooting just like all the rest. Gangs killing gangs, I guess that if that's the only way to get rid of them then let it be. The only problem is that it will take to long. God bless his sole because I don't believe they have gangs in Heaven but I bet they have them in Hell.
lisa s

Toronto, Canada

#4 Oct 9, 2008
I don't understand how people can be so stupid... how can people assume that because latino's or afro american people get shot, they are in Gangs. You all Caucasian people, assume because this incident happened in an "All Caucasian" neighborhood it has to be gang related. You people can really be ignorant. But when latino's or Afro-american people come into your neighborhoods to clean and work and wash pots that's all we are good for. You don't know what exactly happened don't assume find out what happened then say your story. God bless these ignorant people... Jesus...
Aunt S

Toronto, Canada

#5 Oct 9, 2008
how is it that the Ambulance took 32 mintues to arrive at the incident? Because it was assumed that Adam had already died... I don't think so, he died on the table at the hospital. An Officer told the family that. Why because he was LATINO, and the aid first went to the female who also got hit.... well the truth will be found out and investigated.

Since: Apr 07

Selma, CA

#6 Oct 9, 2008
Let me know if there's a change in his condition...
iris

Torrance, CA

#7 Oct 10, 2008
Man Perla Im sooo Sorry that Had to happen. Adam I will miss you I ran into you alot. And you will always be so Loveable..I never will forget Mark Twain Jr. High. You will be Missed..
Meow

Lakewood, CA

#8 Oct 10, 2008
lisa s wrote:
I don't understand how people can be so stupid... how can people assume that because latino's or afro american people get shot, they are in Gangs. You all Caucasian people, assume because this incident happened in an "All Caucasian" neighborhood it has to be gang related. You people can really be ignorant. But when latino's or Afro-american people come into your neighborhoods to clean and work and wash pots that's all we are good for. You don't know what exactly happened don't assume find out what happened then say your story. God bless these ignorant people... Jesus...
I've read at least one article that stated it was GANG related.

Plus you can't blame people for associating latinos and blacks who get shot with gangs....we're in Los Angeles.
Meow

Gardena, CA

#9 Oct 10, 2008
From the article I read.......

Pacheco's killing is being characterized by the LAPD as a "gang-retaliation shooting," in which he was targeted by a rival on a busy night on Abbot Kinney Boulevard. In response to a crush of online comments about the shooting, LAPD officials held a news conference Tuesday, Sept. 30, to dispel rumors surrounding the incident.

Pacheco, described by detectives as a local gang member, was standing outside the Other Room bar about 9:30 p.m. when a 17- or 18-year-old male Latino walked up to him and opened fire with a medium-caliber handgun, said Lt. John Romero.

The gunman, described as a male Latino of medium build and about 5 feet, 7 inches tall, was seen running east on San Juan Avenue, where he possibly got into a white sport utility vehicle. Pacheco was taken to Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, where he died about an hour after the shooting.

At least one of the gunshots missed Pacheco and hit a black female bystander in the face. The woman was treated at a hospital and released. Detectives believe she had nothing to do with the shooter or Pacheco.
Pony

United States

#10 Oct 10, 2008
lisa s wrote:
Look Lisa read the paper, look up criminal history on these people, that's why we say these things. The paper sometimes gives his name, age, city, and every once in awhile his address. Why do you say that they come into your neighborhoods to clean and wash pots all day? do you think that they are less than other people that have good jobs? Are you saying that they are not good enough to get good jobs? Why do you assume this about (Latinos and the Afro Americans) your words? I believe you are jumping to conclusions about thoes you have mention. What do you know about the United States Of America? You are in Canada and I guess you do not read the police reports or the paper. Have a nice day Ay
Mrs Pacheco

Atlanta, GA

#11 Oct 14, 2008
Adam,
My love, words cannot explain how much we are hurting without you. 16 years of my life I spent with you Jr. high school sweethearts my heart will forever be broken. You where the best daddy any little girl could ever ask for, Thanks to you our daughter Desiree has accomplished so much in the 12 years she got to spend with you. She was School president of her whole elementary school for her 5th year, has always been a straight A student. She made 3 honor scholar classes for middle school, has come out in 2 plays at the actor’s gang theater and multiple other talent shows (She has your confidence) you made sure she accomplished your dream of seeing her play softball at North Venice little league, the way you did when you where a little kid, thanks to you pushing her to do her best she made the All STARS both years. You where a dedicated father and husband you always made sure we were taken care of. It really hurts to know somebody has robbed us of our future together you are my soul mate. You where everything to us, you gave us strength and courage in this world, I do not know how we can go on without you, the pain and hollowness is too much to bare for me. Please give me the strength to wake up in the mornings, I will do my very best to continue making sure Desiree makes it to college the way you always wanted her to. I can still remember your words to her “Education is the key, you have to go to college and get a career honey”“school is very important” she will remember all the encouraging and advise you gave her. She knew you were proud of her every time you would speak to someone about her. We miss you and love you, please be our guardian angel and protect and look after us. Our life will never be the same without you.
Media: it hurts to think that my husband is being categorized as just another gang member, Adam was born and raised in Venice and loved this city. He was a Local and a legend to everyone that knew him in Venice. He was a hard working man a fire sprinkler fitter for the Union Local 709. He saved life’s installing these. He did not deserve to be killed in such a cowardly way being shot from the back; he did not even see it coming. It makes me sick how somebody can do this to another human being, they have taken him from us and we have to live with the pain while they walk around breathing. Please if anybody has any information please call the detectives
AND

Compton, CA

#14 Nov 3, 2008
Are there any updates or information on this shooting?
I have seen anything about I since the day it took place.
Such a shame.
Andrew V

Compton, CA

#15 Nov 3, 2008
Mrs. Pacheco,

Thanks for sharing such a heartfelt message and the positive knowledge. Stay strong and you will pull through. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

-Andrew
Ms Pacheco

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Mar 26, 2009
Murdered on Abbot Kinney Blvd. Who Was Adam Pacheco?
Article on Venice Beachhead
By Jessica Aden
Adam Pacheco was gunned down outside the Otheroom, on September 28 at 9:20 p.m., after attending the Abbot Kinney Festival with friends. What should have been a day filled with reunions of old friends, good food, and memories; instead became the last day of the life of 31-year-old Adam Pacheco.
Many youths growing up in Oakwood have few choices in the direction of their lives. Adam Pacheco lived for his family, especially his young daughter Desiree. He was only 18 when she was born. It changed his life forever. He immediately settled down and got married. Though many spiral down the path of violence and drugs, Adam Pacheco broke free of the web surrounding him and rose above society’s expectations.
Adam dug deep and became a family man. To provide for his young wife, Perla, and for Desiree, Adam began taking multiple jobs from Costco, to Bagel Nosh, and others, but he still managed to provide time for his wife and little daughter. He obtained a job at P.B.&J jobs in Marina Del Rey, starting as a sweeper, making a little more than minimum wage. Through his hard work and patience, he developed the knowledge and skills of fitting fire sprinklers, and within eight months was in the Union Local 709, making twice his starting salary.
“They killed a family man,” his wife Perla states. Adam’s family was his pride and joy. Always putting his family first, he was a dedicated father. Adam’s life revolved around going to work, taking his daughter to and from school, cheerleading practice, softball practice and making sure his wife and daughter were well provided for.
Both Adam and his wife, Perla, strived for their daughter to grow up in a positive environment, making sure Desiree had the opportunities to become whatever she wanted in life. At only 12 years old, Desiree has served as Student Body President at her elementary school. She is currently a straight A honor student at Culver City Middle School and the captain of the Santa Monica Viking’s Cheerleading Squad, which just made the national competitions.
“Adam gave Desiree the time and encouragement to be able to accomplish what she has done in such a short time,“says Perla. Following the death of her father, the Pico Youth and Family Center (PYFC), Chiquele Studios and I.C.U. Art held a silent auction on November 15, benefitting Desiree’s dream of going to college. Entitled “Desiree’s Dream” more than 25 pieces of art were auctioned off, generating over $4,000 dollars. At the event, Adam’s friend of 12 years, Sal Galvan, an educator and motivational speaker and member of the PYFC, said,“Adam was a part of several communities that came together tonight to help his daughter that he loved so much.”
Born and raised in Venice, Adam Pacheco was proud to be a Venetian. He had a long arm in the community and was loved and respected by all who knew him. Growing up with the odds against him, Adam prevailed and became an example to follow.
“He was in his own back yard, where he felt the safest,” says Perla of that tragic night.“It hurts me to think that my husband is being categorized as a gang member.”“He did not deserve to be killed in such a cowardly way, being shot from the back. He did not even see it coming. It makes me sick how someone can do this to another human being,” she sobbed.
Police officials told the Beachhead that they have no leads in the case. Please call Councilmember Bill Rosendahl’s office at 311 to ask him to establish a reward for information leading to the capture of the murderer. If you have information, please call LAPD Detective
Ms Pacheco

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Mar 26, 2009
Thank you, Jessica Aden, for such a great article.
Thank you to, Rick Mejia, Oscar De La Torre, Jesse Borrego, Sal Galvan, Juan Carlos, and Stash, for organizing “Desiree Dream” to everybody who donated, North Venice Little league, and the Santa Monica Vikings Cheer, Thank you, for all the support you show Desiree in trying to accomplish her dad’s goals, you all showed Desiree that her dad was loved and respected.
Today would have been Adam’s 32nd birthday and this month marks 6months since his tragic murder. Everyone who knew Adam and I, knew that we could never be apart ever since Mark Twain Jr. High. Loosing Adam has been so painful and unreal, my worst nightmare. Our daughter has been robbed of the best daddy she could have ever asked for; he raised her to be the strong, smart, and confident young lady she is today. she is being strong and is keeping me strong in the process; she is missing him more and more every day. In her own words: she writes:
Adam Pacheco.
It hits you at the most random moments. You’ll step back and remember he's gone. How can he possibly leave me at the age of 12, the time I need him the most. I can’t explain how I feel. My whole life has changed since he left. It was not his time. He had so many things to see, & do. Why & who? Would want to take the strongest, funniest, most coolest, best person in the world from my family & I? I’m glad though that I can remember all the good he did for me. I’m proud that I can say that’s my dad, that’s the person who raised me. It’s not fair, how he can never be able to say how much he loves me, and give me big hugs. I hope he knew I loved him & still do. He was the only guy I could trust, I feel like he has left me and now I’m nothing. Every day when I look in the mirror I see him, Gosh I really miss you dad & love you, Even though I hope I show it, I did. I always looked up to you,
Rest In. Peace. <3 Gone But NEVER Forgotten,

I hope that the person(s) responsible for our pain tries to be half the man Adam was and every time they hug a child of theirs they remember, Desiree will never be able to have that fatherly love a father gives a child. Enjoy it and appreciate it because nobody as heartless as you deserves anybody’s love. Remember when you took Adam away from this world you also took a half of us and everybody that loved him. Till Gods Judgment day, live your life full of guilt, you coward!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADAM!
Ms Pacheco

Los Angeles, CA

#18 Mar 26, 2009
Thank you, Jessica Aden, for such a great article.
Thank you to, Rick Mejia, Oscar De La Torre, Jesse Borrego, Sal Galvan, Juan Carlos, and Stash, for organizing “Desiree Dream” to everybody who donated, North Venice Little league, and the Santa Monica Vikings Cheer, Thank you, for all the support you show Desiree in trying to accomplish her dad’s goals, you all showed Desiree that her dad was loved and respected.
Today would have been Adam’s 32nd birthday and this month marks 6months since his tragic murder. Everyone who knew Adam and I, knew that we could never be apart ever since Mark Twain Jr. High. Loosing Adam has been so painful and unreal, my worst nightmare. Our daughter has been robbed of the best daddy she could have ever asked for; he raised her to be the strong, smart, and confident young lady she is today. she is being strong and is keeping me strong in the process; she is missing him more and more every day. In her own words: she writes:
Adam Pacheco.
It hits you at the most random moments. You’ll step back and remember he's gone. How can he possibly leave me at the age of 12, the time I need him the most. I can’t explain how I feel. My whole life has changed since he left. It was not his time. He had so many things to see, & do. Why & who? Would want to take the strongest, funniest, most coolest, best person in the world from my family & I? I’m glad though that I can remember all the good he did for me. I’m proud that I can say that’s my dad, that’s the person who raised me. It’s not fair, how he can never be able to say how much he loves me, and give me big hugs. I hope he knew I loved him & still do. He was the only guy I could trust, I feel like he has left me and now I’m nothing. Every day when I look in the mirror I see him, Gosh I really miss you dad & love you, Even though I hope I show it, I did. I always looked up to you,
Rest In. Peace. <3 Gone But NEVER Forgotten,

I hope that the person(s) responsible for our pain tries to be half the man Adam was and every time they hug a child of theirs they remember, Desiree will never be able to have that fatherly love a father gives a child. Enjoy it and appreciate it because nobody as heartless as you deserves anybody’s love. Remember when you took Adam away from this world you also took a half of us and everybody that loved him. Till Gods Judgment day, live your life full of guilt, you coward!
forrest

South Gate, CA

#19 Apr 27, 2009
Pony wrote:
This is sad aging another gang shooting just like all the rest. Gangs killing gangs, I guess that if that's the only way to get rid of them then let it be. The only problem is that it will take to long. God bless his sole because I don't believe they have gangs in Heaven but I bet they have them in Hell.
you have no idea what the hell your talking about.did you know this man.NO .so keep your trap shut.
vanessa

Rocklin, CA

#20 Sep 22, 2009
this is his sister..not a day goes by where i still don't think about him..its tough on a regular basis..and my family and i arent the same and i dont think the pain will ever go away!!!if you guys dont have anything nice to say about my brother please dont write comments PLEASE!!!..what a shame to see all these people talking shit when they didnt even know how good of a persons my brother adam was..he always put a smile on my face and made every situation the best!he was the life of the party..i hope the people that caused all of this soon get what they deserve!! no one should ever have to go through this..no closure since the killer is still walking the streets like nothig happened!!! i thank all of you for your blessings and support!
Venice_bikerider

Los Angeles, CA

#21 Sep 23, 2009
lisa s wrote:
Llisa, this isnt an "All Caucasian" neighborhood by any stretch of the imagination. You must be thinking of Venice Italy. This has been gang territory since the 1960's. Read about it.. VSLC... V13....Hello Canada, this is the united states calling..
Venice_bikerider

Los Angeles, CA

#22 Sep 23, 2009
And to his family, I'm not saying anything bad about your son or brother. I am deeply sorry. I'm not saying he was involved, just that the shooters, and they know who they are, are bangers. Perhaps the shooter is already dead... he wont be remembered once the graffiti is painted over...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Angeles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
APNewsBreak: 'Easy Rider' bike going to auction 3 hr kjhfjgd 7
Has Gaga Lost the Gays? 3 hr Mitt s Airtight D... 16
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 3 hr Bikerboy 7,956
Arnold Schwarzenegger For President 2016 (Nov '12) 3 hr fancy 4
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr Chet Booswahnicki 19,226
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles 4 hr fancy 3
Actress Daniele Watts, detained by police in St... 4 hr fancy 3
•••

Los Angeles News Video

•••
Los Angeles Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Los Angeles Jobs

•••
•••