Trevon Martin...self defense or murder?

Mar 21, 2012 Full story: Examiner.com 3,858

Geez....where do you start? The 17 year old Trevon Martin gunned down in Sanford FL in February and his assailant George Zimmerman still walks free.

Full Story
Ted Ned

Bloomington, IN

#3479 May 26, 2012
Freebird USA wrote:
The person who bears at the very least half the blame for Martins death is Martin himself. Thats a worst case scenario for Zimmerman because it assumes he bears half the blame.
[QUOTE]In my opinion based on extensive past experience, Martins reaction to Zimmermans inquiry was to violently attack. Not because he was afraid for his safety.
How do you know that for sure? You don't. You have no case here, you're using all emotion, and zero evidence to support this argument.
Not because he was physically assaulted first. But because that was what the ghetto culture he was embracing taught him to do.
Ghetto? SMH, his father lived in Zimmerman's neighborhood, and his mother did not live in the city's project housing. Geez, you sound like a sheltered white kid with that crap; not to mention the fact that you just stereotyped an entire demographic group as violent and savage, when they are diverse in personality traits, culture, race, religion, and gender.
Zimmerman merely by following Martin and having the audacity to question him,committed a cardinal sin,he "disrespected" Martin.
That would categorized as harassment, which is a misdemeanor' making Zimmerman the perp and Martin the victim in this case. Let's also remember that this was the origin of the entire incident, not the altercation, which took place as a result of this. This makes Zimmerman, the 28 year old with legal independence, responsible for getting his butt kicked. He also knew this, judging from the fact that he began by calling police before he pursued Martin, hearing the dispatch tell him NOT to pursue him.(All of this has been confirmed by the previous sources posted, all coming from invesitgation references).
So if Zimmerman doesn't follow Martin,likely nothing happens.
Most likely.
If Martin doesn't get suspended from school "again" he's not in Sanford that night,and nothing happens.
What does this have to do with the murder case? Nothing.
If Martin did not embrace ghetto culture he likely doesn't even get suspended from school.
So you're saying that only "ghetto culture" breeds deviance? There are no wealthy youth that are in trouble? LMAO, not only is this untrue, but it is a pathetic stereotype. I'm sure that detention rooms, juvenile detention centers, and even prisons are full of rednecks, cholos, Triad soldiers, and skin head thugs, who call don't tend to the "ghetto culture" that you are implying.
Zimmerman was NOT told to not follow Martin.
Prove it, b/c i'm most certain that he was.
The best available physical evidence supports Zimmermans account.
No, it doesn't.
The charge of 2nd degree murder is absurd
SMH, please don't start bitching about the system again.
at most a manslughter charge might have been in order.
Give it a rest, Adolf, I don't care about your biased sympathy for a guy that murdered an innocent American teenager.
The news media was shameless and dishonest in its reporting of this event for no other purpose that to create an ongoing story.
OMG, will you stop bitching already. And just let the fucking debate go. You can't win with your arguments, they don't have enough weight, logic, nor evidence to them. Just let it go.
Ted Ned

Bloomington, IN

#3480 May 26, 2012
teeje63 wrote:
<quoted text>
HYPOCRITE. You whine about others insults, yet you're right up there, front and center name calling and slinging insults yourself.
Everyone has an opinion, some of us base them on the facts and evidence that's been released in this case. Others such as yourself refuse to see the what the evidence shows. You whine and cry because others will not sit and re-post articles that have been all over the media. You have no evidence, not one shred to support that GZ assaulted or started a confrontation with St. Tray, but you cling to that scenario. It's sad that idiots such as yourself, Crisco, Ruff and Sux are so blinded by skin color that you cannot look and see what's right in front of you.
Shut up, Teej, and post those sources, since you claim to be the one that does, despite the fact that you still have not. Focus on that for a change, since you have the energy to send me novels of bitching and whining about things that are none of your business.
Ted Ned

Bloomington, IN

#3481 May 26, 2012
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Better not to waste your time. Its quite clear that Martin "confronted" Zimmerman if Martins g/f is to be believed.
We know that, Freebird. The debate is why this occured, not if, genius.
Thats a big if too,after listening to the recording of her she barely sounds literate.
Given the start of the statement above making little grammatical sense, i'd say that you barely seem literate.
Ted Ned

Bloomington, IN

#3482 May 26, 2012
kidritalin wrote:
<quoted text>You totally miss the point of the racists here on topix. Facts, past personal history, actual eye witness accounts, and real justice are irrelevant here. Making whitey pay is the root of it all. Period.
I thought that Zimmerman was not white. Even if he was, he placed himself into this situation the moment he decided to take the law into his own hands. It doesn't matter what race he claims to be, no one is above the law. Stop trying to make him into a martyr, he's an idiot that didn't want to just allow the police to do their job.
Ted Ned

Bloomington, IN

#3483 May 26, 2012
kidritalin wrote:
<quoted text>Get ready for the race riots when the truth comes out and Zimmerman acquitted. FREE BIG SCREENS FOR EVERYBODY!
I don't know what's more ignorant, believing Zimmerman will be acquitted, or believing this case would cause a race riot. Get a clue, genius, given recent reports on the case, he will not be acquitted. Even if he were, they wouldn't riot an entire city for one idiot, when they could just target him. Obviously, that has been the goal thus far. LMAO, race riot, GTFOH.
Ted Ned

Bloomington, IN

#3484 May 26, 2012
Funny Over wrote:
<quoted text> And target practice too! I will be there in the morning, I will be there in the night, Ill turn whatevers wrong and make it right!
And then your guns will be confiscated, your clothes and valuables too. Then your butt will be tossed in prison, so that the inmates can have their way with you.
Im wondering if O'Mara will ask for a change of venue and if so where will it be? Anyone have info on this?
Don't worry, minstrel, your debut will be in San Quentin Prison, with the rest of Hilter's bitches. All poor, broke, pointless, and an embarrassment to white society. Thank you for making our people look stupid, racist, and ignorant.
Ridiculous

Whiting, IN

#3486 May 26, 2012
Ted Ned wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what's more ignorant, believing Zimmerman will be acquitted, or believing this case would cause a race riot. Get a clue, genius, given recent reports on the case, he will not be acquitted. Even if he were, they wouldn't riot an entire city for one idiot, when they could just target him. Obviously, that has been the goal thus far. LMAO, race riot, GTFOH.
So....the LA Riots were NOT caused by the aquittal of the policemen that beat Rodney King (who, last I checked, was one man)?
Funny Over

Mexico

#3487 May 27, 2012
Ted Ned wrote:
<quoted text>
And then your guns will be confiscated, your clothes and valuables too. Then your butt will be tossed in prison, so that the inmates can have their way with you.
<quoted text>
Don't worry, minstrel, your debut will be in San Quentin Prison, with the rest of Hilter's bitches. All poor, broke, pointless, and an embarrassment to white society. Thank you for making our people look stupid, racist, and ignorant.
You are one real masterpiece. Claiming to be white all along. You are a disgrace to the white race. Your mom should have known better when she took that black root behind your dads back but she was wasnt thinking sanely. The poor WENCH liked it and went back for more. Now GFY!

“I Offer You Truth!”

Since: Jul 07

Tampa, FL

#3488 May 27, 2012
In today's Tampa Bay Times it is being reported that the witnesses who previously stated they saw Trayvon Martin on top of George Zimmerman, saw Trayvon Martin punching Zimmerman or identified the cries for help as coming from George Zimmerman, etc. are now recanting on their original statements.

Some of those witnesses are admitting they tailored their statements based upon what they heard/read in the news.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/cri...

We may never know the whole truth about what transpired that night, because only one of the two people involved is still with us and able to tell "his side" of the story.

One thing we do know is if George Zimmerman had heeded the 911 operator's advice to not follow Trayvon Martin, or if George Zimmerman had not exited his vehicle, there would have been no confrontation between the two, and Trayvon Martin would still be alive today.

One life needlessly ended, another needlessly changed forever and hordes of people endlessly and stupidly spewing hatred at one another over who - George Zimmerman or Trayvon Martin - was right.
ConcernedCitizen

Clearwater, FL

#3489 May 27, 2012
Ted Ned wrote:
<quoted text>
Shut up, Teej, and post those sources, since you claim to be the one that does, despite the fact that you still have not. Focus on that for a change, since you have the energy to send me novels of bitching and whining about things that are none of your business.
Just so you'll fully understand what kind of person you're dealing with where teej363 is concerned...
teeje63 wrote:
<quoted text>
And you're nothing but an ignorant /Vigger, who has yet to post anything intelligent on any of these forums.
She posted this and a bunch of other racist junk in the "If you are a proud son of the south..." forum.

http://www.topix.com/forum/atlanta/TS0IUD4LPD...
Ted Ned

Bloomington, IN

#3490 May 27, 2012
Ridiculous wrote:
<quoted text>
So....the LA Riots were NOT caused by the aquittal of the policemen that beat Rodney King (who, last I checked, was one man)?
It was not one police officer, it was several, young one. The riots were not just about King nor those police officers, it was about inequality and lack of ethical treatment of South L.A. residents. The target was the system, not just those morons that attacked King.

In the Zimmerman incident, it was Zimmerman that murdered Martin, not the Sanford police, FBI, or even other residents in that community, regardless of what they thought of anyone in the incident. The only one that pulled a trigger of any kind was Zimmerman. He's not worth a riot on any level, and eliminating him is easier than destroying a city. So, as I was saying, before you wandered into my discussion, the thought of a riot is a joke, especially when Zimmerman has been receiving the hostility.
Ted Ned

Bloomington, IN

#3491 May 27, 2012
Funny Over wrote:
<quoted text>
You are one real masterpiece. Claiming to be white all along. You are a disgrace to the white race.
Which one of us is the racist redneck? You are. That makes you the embarrassment to all whites that try to create an America that promotes equality and justice for all. Save the Hitler sermons, reverse discrimination rhetoric, and "Birth of a Nation" rationale for your Nazi bar buddies. That won't work here.
Your mom should have known better when she took that black root behind your dads back but she was wasnt thinking sanely. The poor WENCH liked it and went back for more. Now GFY!
Are you finished? Not only was that comment pointless and irrelevant, but the assumption that a "personal" attack could be effective on a forum of anonymous commentors only confirms my beliefs about how pathetic and mentally defeated you are by me.

Not only have you neglected to return to the topic, you have completely focused on me b/c you know that you have no case, and you are too much of a coward to accept that and move forward. So you continue, like the rest of my casualties, in trying to play "tit for tat" with someone that you already know you cannot defeat. SMH, pathetic.

Like I always say, you're "Funny Over" and over again LMAO.

Since: May 12

United States

#3492 May 27, 2012
Ted Ned wrote:
<quoted text>
It was not one police officer, it was several, young one. The riots were not just about King nor those police officers, it was about inequality and lack of ethical treatment of South L.A. residents. The target was the system, not just those morons that attacked King.
In the Zimmerman incident, it was Zimmerman that murdered Martin, not the Sanford police, FBI, or even other residents in that community, regardless of what they thought of anyone in the incident. The only one that pulled a trigger of any kind was Zimmerman. He's not worth a riot on any level, and eliminating him is easier than destroying a city. So, as I was saying, before you wandered into my discussion, the thought of a riot is a joke, especially when Zimmerman has been receiving the hostility.
So are you saying that when Zimmerman is acquitted of the Murder 2 charge you don't expect an adverse reaction to "the system" on par with the reaction to the King case?

The large crowds of people who were being drummed up by the "Reverends" Al and Jessie will only be satisfied by a guilty verdict on the Murder charge.....anything less will be seen as "the system" giving another white man (even though he's half Hispanic) a free pass for yet another transgression against an angelically innocent black youth. The major difference between this case and the King incident is that most urban Police departments will be fully prepared for riots to start and will try to quell them before they reach the scale of L.A.

“I Offer You Truth!”

Since: Jul 07

Tampa, FL

#3493 May 27, 2012
TheWhiteRanger wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you saying that when Zimmerman is acquitted of the Murder 2 charge you don't expect an adverse reaction to "the system" on par with the reaction to the King case?
The large crowds of people who were being drummed up by the "Reverends" Al and Jessie will only be satisfied by a guilty verdict on the Murder charge.....anything less will be seen as "the system" giving another white man (even though he's half Hispanic) a free pass for yet another transgression against an angelically innocent black youth. The major difference between this case and the King incident is that most urban Police departments will be fully prepared for riots to start and will try to quell them before they reach the scale of L.A.
You KNOW there will be rioting if George Zimmerman is acquitted?

Oh really? You know this for a fact, because...

a) The voices you continuously hear reveal information to you the rest of us are never made privy to.
b) god (little “g”) talks to you on a regular basis - in an audible voice - imparting to you everything he/she knows.
c) You’ve convinced yourself you are omniscient.
d) You believe your bowling ball is actually a working crystal ball.
e) The drugs you ingest, snort, smoke or shoot-up on a daily basis expand your mind and give you magical powers.
f) You're crazier than a rabid skunk and more hate-filled than a legion of demons.

My guess is "f", but the correct answer could very well be “all of the above”.

Yours is a very, very special brand of unparalleled stupidity, indescribable ignorance and psychotic delusions of grandeur.

Please cease and desist from serving up the kind of blabbering, slobbering nonsense you just posted, lest you make an even bigger fool of yourself than you already have.

You no more KNOW what will happen if Zimmerman is acquitted than I know how many pairs of shoes you have in your closet.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#3494 May 27, 2012
Ridiculous wrote:
<quoted text>
The L.A riots were caused by criminals eager to use any excuse to steal and cause mayhem.The aquittal of the cops just so happened to be a handy excuse.Zimmermans aquittal could very well be another "handy excuse". The one difference I see is central Florida is not south central L.A. and potential looters and rioters won't just have to avoid Korean store keepers.

Since: May 12

United States

#3495 May 27, 2012
DapperDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You KNOW there will be rioting if George Zimmerman is acquitted?
Oh really? You know this for a fact, because...
a) The voices you continuously hear reveal information to you the rest of us are never made privy to.
b) god (little “g”) talks to you on a regular basis - in an audible voice - imparting to you everything he/she knows.
c) You’ve convinced yourself you are omniscient.
d) You believe your bowling ball is actually a working crystal ball.
e) The drugs you ingest, snort, smoke or shoot-up on a daily basis expand your mind and give you magical powers.
f) You're crazier than a rabid skunk and more hate-filled than a legion of demons.
My guess is "f", but the correct answer could very well be “all of the above”.
Yours is a very, very special brand of unparalleled stupidity, indescribable ignorance and psychotic delusions of grandeur.
Please cease and desist from serving up the kind of blabbering, slobbering nonsense you just posted, lest you make an even bigger fool of yourself than you already have.
You no more KNOW what will happen if Zimmerman is acquitted than I know how many pairs of oshoes you have in your closet.
So quick with the insults there I see. Did it by chance pop into your head that my opinions on the possibility of rioting were formed based on the backlash which began occuring prior to Zimmerman's arrest? Perhaps between the "Reverends" fanning the flames and the NBPP spewing their usual racist diatribe while calling for violence against whites I have noticed a distinct "tension" in the air where I live? Or maybe the fact that I am old enough to remeber that the Rodney King case was as completely media driven as the Zimmerman case played into the creation of my opinion. No "bowling ball", "voice from god(little g)" or drugs needed.....simply several decades worth of seeing the reactions of people who are being driven into a frenzy.

Now to toss back a quote from yourself....
" Please cease and desist from serving up the kind of blabbering, slobbering nonsense you just posted, lest you make an even bigger fool of yourself than you already have."
George

Grafton, OH

#3496 May 27, 2012
That little bastard was a wanna be gang Banger a pot head Zimmerman should the only justice is he should have shot that little thug in the head not the chest
George

Grafton, OH

#3497 May 27, 2012
Poor Trevyvon maybe his mamma should have watched her little thug better
And Justice for All

Levelland, TX

#3498 May 27, 2012
George wrote:
That little bastard was a wanna be gang Banger a pot head Zimmerman should the only justice is he should have shot that little thug in the head not the chest
A White Supremacist Hacked Into Trayvon Martin's accounts, site included for the freaks that need a site:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/29/whit ...

This must be the site your basing your evidence on!!
Ted Ned

Bloomington, IN

#3499 May 27, 2012
TheWhiteRanger wrote:
<quoted text>
1.) He will not be acquitted, and 2.) I know that he is not worth a riot.
The large crowds of people who were being drummed up by the "Reverends" Al and Jessie will only be satisfied by a guilty verdict on the Murder charge.....anything less will be seen as "the system" giving another white man (even though he's half Hispanic) a free pass for yet another transgression against an angelically innocent black youth.
If he's half Latino (as Hispanic was disrespectful name created by white Americans in the 20th century to generalize all people of Spanish-speaking origin), then why are you saying that he's white? And "the Reverends" only care about the law being upheld for all people, not just used to put people of color in prison, while looking the other way on whites, it's unethical. So what? Focus on Trayvon, bitch about losing favoritism in the system to your other skin head buddies.
The major difference between this case and the King incident is that most urban Police departments will be fully prepared for riots to start and will try to quell them before they reach the scale of L.A.
Stop praying for a riot, everyone knows that you're just looking for an excuse to act like a psycho. And you're wrong, the L.A. riot had to do with an unethical police force getting away with bullying an entire demographic of Americans; the Martin case had to do with a maniac with a gun murdering a kid walking home from the store, minding his own business. Stop trying to instigate chaos, skin head. Take your whining about whining to Hitler's other bitches.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Longwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 20 hr stryk 2,984
Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) Mon Morrocan 2,140
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) Mon Liberal forever 2,526
America full of racists idiots (Jul '13) Mon neveratfault 62
All white People are Evil (Jul '13) Sep 28 neveratfault 29
Sen. Thompson's challenger DeAguilera calls for... Sep 27 the circus is in ... 1
Police: Zimmerman accused of threatening driver Sep 26 Jesus Brother 4

Longwood Jobs

Longwood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Longwood News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Longwood

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]