All charges against Doug Phelps DROPPED!!!

Posted in the London Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 210 Comments Last updated Nov 9, 2013
First Prev
of 11
Next Last
abcde

Middlesboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Just Heard This!!!
Thinking

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

abcde wrote:
Just Heard This!!!
Is not what I heard at the courthouse today. Still set for trial the 4th of February.
If true

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

He needs his job back
abcde

Middlesboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Trial not gonna happen

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Dropped. Over.
Duh

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

If true wrote:
He needs his job back
never gonna happen,!!!!!
Johnny

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

abcde wrote:
Trial not gonna happen
It will never go to trial. Just watch and see.
Thinking

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

The docket for the Laurel Court, which was last updated February 1, at 7:30 am, shows the Phelps case is still scheduled for trial February 4. If the charges had been dismissed or the trial continue the docket would change.
Petitioner

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

If true wrote:
He needs his job back
Yep, we need to start a petition demanding Young and Phelps be rehired. Guess you'll sign it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

If charges are dropped they will still show for the trial date and read a motion of dismissal.
Thinking wrote:
The docket for the Laurel Court, which was last updated February 1, at 7:30 am, shows the Phelps case is still scheduled for trial February 4. If the charges had been dismissed or the trial continue the docket would change.
abc123

Williamsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

abcde,
Where did you get this sad sad news?
abc123

Williamsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

And for what reason were the charges dropped?
Actually

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

etab wrote:
If charges are dropped they will still show for the trial date and read a motion of dismissal.
<quoted text>
Actually if an order of dismissal had been entered no one would appear. The docket would be amended and the jury would not be required to appear.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

The jury doesn't appear. Let's just see what happens instead of speculating.
Actually wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually if an order of dismissal had been entered no one would appear. The docket would be amended and the jury would not be required to appear.
Laurel opinion

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

If this was made up on this man and charges Were dropped. They need to hire him back!! He has more morals that some of the people running our schools anyways!! This man was a big supporter of the united way
Duh

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Laurel opinion wrote:
If this was made up on this man and charges Were dropped. They need to hire him back!! He has more morals that some of the people running our schools anyways!! This man was a big supporter of the united way
. Get a grip!!!! He will never be hired back into the school system. Laurel Co would revolt. You must be a relative or totally in denial about Doug.
jimmy phelps

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

"which time she reviewed her previous statements and the phone conversation which had just been provided."

I see the city police let Jimmy roam for a year trying to find people who would get close to the victim and record a phone call to her. Man, my tax dollars at work.
absolutely

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Duh wrote:
<quoted text>. Get a grip!!!! He will never be hired back into the school system. Laurel Co would revolt. You must be a relative or totally in denial about Doug.
He absolutely will be rehired. You wait and see. Their all in the bed together in Laurel co.
sad

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

So let me get this straight........ has another INNOCENT PERSONS LIFE BEEN DESTROYED BY AN INDICTMENT WITH NO EVIDENCE??????????
I WOULD THINK IN MY HUMBLE BUT CERTAINLY NOT professional opinion...that a story COULD change if the CHILD was scared and not lying. But to infer it was for a sinister or innocent reason is not to be speculated at this time?
Will the accused be reimbursed for the public humilation and his legal fees? Or will a National Television show pick up the story to humilate him futher?
Will the CHILD or the accused receive some type of counseling to help them function in a very judgemental community, what if a life had been driven to SUICIDE because of the Bullying that can occurr to both parties involved?
Alot of questions to a very very disturbing case.
Prayer for all involved.
Serious Question

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

If these Charges are Dropped. Does that leave the Laurel County School Board Wide Open for a Major Law Suit?
If the District Attorney didnot have the evidence in this case why was it pursued?

The Big worry is a Major Law Suit and if the Laurel County School Board will offer a Settlement?
If your name was dragged through the mud would you take a settlement or would you go all the way breaking the Laurel County School Boards Bank Account?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

London Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

London People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

London News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in London