Joyce Meyer-the multimillionaire hypocrite

Posted in the London Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
oct

Chicago, IL

#1 Oct 18, 2010
You all know Joyce Meyer, the multimillionaire televangelist. When it comes to money she preaches one thing-AND LIVES THE TOTAL OPPOSITE!

Wouldn't be nice to own 5 mansions? A 500K vacation home? 100K cars? A 10 million dollar plane? ALL PAID FOR NOT BY HER, BUT BY HER MINISTRY!!

And that's not all. If you become Joyce Meyer, you sell books at Wal-Mart where the poor shop, but not if your Joyce! Her clothes are all hand made! You get armed security guards, a 105K boat,$30,000 tables,$ 19,000 vases...well you get the picture.

And finally, if your Joyce Meyer, THE BIBLE DOESN'T APPLY TO YOU! Matt 6:19-21, "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth....." If your Joyce Meyer, the multimillionaire televangelist, your only worry is how to spend your money-given to her by followers that are predominatly poor!
faykurs

Somerset, KY

#2 Oct 18, 2010
you are just now figuring this stuff out? why the hell do you think there are like 5 churches on every block? because lazy ass people only want to work a couple of hours a week, collect from the congregation,try to convince their friends and family that they are of god,and can go to walmart and not pay taxes for anything they buy, claiming it is used for church purposes. all these so called preachers and pastors think people are stupid and cant figure it out. but their day is coming. i am going to laugh my arse off when it does.
tv preachers

London, KY

#3 Oct 18, 2010
all of the t.v. preachers are very rich, they make millions off of the poor, like if you sow $1000.00 you get a 100 foe back well if that was the case there wouldnt be any poor people left to sow cause we would all be rich like them.
NOT ALL

Orlando, FL

#4 Oct 18, 2010
i believe in god, and i will not let the hypocrites discourage me.
i know what i feel in my soul.
keep the faith

Sheridan, AR

#5 Oct 18, 2010
NOT ALL wrote:
i believe in god, and i will not let the hypocrites discourage me.
i know what i feel in my soul.
Amen! Let God judge them on that day.
Spirit_777

Garden City, MI

#6 Oct 18, 2010
Those who reap their self given rewards now ..will have no rewards in the kingdom of God .
Matthew 6:
19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
Looking

London, KY

#7 Oct 18, 2010
Joyce Meyers is a fine woman, she does alot of good for alot of people who other wise would not have even food to eat. She does not take from her ministry to provide her life style that money comes from the selling of her material such as books, CDs etc.. Judge not unless you shall be judged.. He who cast the first stone let them be without sin.. I would like to know where your facts come from. If you read the word we are to love each other regardless of what they might do. As for me I strive to be like my Jesus everyday.
extremely skeptical

London, KY

#8 Oct 18, 2010
Three years ago, I went on Joyce Meyer's website and submitted a prayer request. In the request, I was praying for a job because I did not have one at the time. I never received a response to my prayer request, but I received many many emails asking for donations from the ministry. I even began receiving donation requests sent by mail, but never did I get a response to my prayer request. If my email had even been read, I would have assumed, by not having a job, requests for money from me would not have been asked for. These are the facts, decide for yourself.

“Rainy Night N Georgia”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#9 Oct 18, 2010
oct wrote:
You all know Joyce Meyer, the multimillionaire televangelist. When it comes to money she preaches one thing-AND LIVES THE TOTAL OPPOSITE!
Wouldn't be nice to own 5 mansions? A 500K vacation home? 100K cars? A 10 million dollar plane? ALL PAID FOR NOT BY HER, BUT BY HER MINISTRY!!
And that's not all. If you become Joyce Meyer, you sell books at Wal-Mart where the poor shop, but not if your Joyce! Her clothes are all hand made! You get armed security guards, a 105K boat,$30,000 tables,$ 19,000 vases...well you get the picture.
And finally, if your Joyce Meyer, THE BIBLE DOESN'T APPLY TO YOU! Matt 6:19-21, "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth....." If your Joyce Meyer, the multimillionaire televangelist, your only worry is how to spend your money-given to her by followers that are predominatly poor!
reminds me of sarah palin.everything you said also applys to her.
tellitonthe mt

Somerset, KY

#10 Oct 18, 2010
Looking wrote:
Joyce Meyers is a fine woman, she does alot of good for alot of people who other wise would not have even food to eat. She does not take from her ministry to provide her life style that money comes from the selling of her material such as books, CDs etc.. Judge not unless you shall be judged.. He who cast the first stone let them be without sin.. I would like to know where your facts come from. If you read the word we are to love each other regardless of what they might do. As for me I strive to be like my Jesus everyday.
seriously doubt it! all you so called bible thumpers say that! everyone of you! and i have yet to meet one of you that is even remotely christ like. trust me not a one! you all might believe the crap about yourself, just because you dont think anyones opinion other than your own matters!
tv preacher

London, KY

#11 Oct 18, 2010
i bet you a dollar not one would even talk with you or pray for you without a fee. i know for a fact one i called in for to pray for me and they would only for a 25 dollar fee now were,s that at in the bible? or any where else.

“Sweet as a Lollipop”

Since: Dec 08

Licking, MO

#12 Oct 19, 2010
tv preacher wrote:
i bet you a dollar not one would even talk with you or pray for you without a fee. i know for a fact one i called in for to pray for me and they would only for a 25 dollar fee now were,s that at in the bible? or any where else.
I want my dollar. lol

I am no fan of television evangelists by any means but that is absolutely untrue. You can call and someone will pray with you over the phone, there is no charge.

Joyce Meyers is not even a preacher, she is more a teacher of life skills and principles. The accounting of the money that comes into her ministry is open to the public and can be read by anyone who so desires.

She does not charge to attend her meeting.

Virtually all of her personal wealth comes from her books. She is a prolific author and some of her books are very helpful.( I highly recommend Battlefield of the Mind...great read) She does offer her books and tapes for sale at her meetings and of course they do ask for donation but one is under no obligation to either buy her material or offer a donation.

It sound like there are alot of people who are pissed off & jealous that someone else pulled themselves up by the boot straps and made a success of themselves.

This is America, we all have the same opportunity that she has had. If one chooses to use their time complaining about another's success rather than trying to find a way to make one of themselves then they get exactly what they deserve.
tv preacher

London, KY

#13 Oct 19, 2010
oh but it does cost money to get in to one of her speechs, some ladies of our chuch went to st louis to see here back in sept. and they has to buy their tickets up front and they where very high she makes a killing off of her speechs and thats a fact for sure. they all live high on the hog and call her pray line see how far nyou get.

“Sweet as a Lollipop”

Licking, MO

#14 Oct 19, 2010
tv preacher wrote:
oh but it does cost money to get in to one of her speechs, some ladies of our chuch went to st louis to see here back in sept. and they has to buy their tickets up front and they where very high she makes a killing off of her speechs and thats a fact for sure. they all live high on the hog and call her pray line see how far nyou get.
No she does not. Of course there are travel costs,hotel, parking, etc., but the meetings themselves are free (and atleast up until a year ago that I am aware of) they always have been. Unless there has been a change since that time they still are.

She does profit from her meeting but as I previously stated, it is strictly from the sales of her materials and books. Not for the admittance to the meetings themselves.

“Sweet as a Lollipop”

Licking, MO

#15 Oct 19, 2010
tv preacher wrote:
http://www.joycemeyer.org/ourministries/confe...

Just an example. Visit any one and it you would see that ALL are FREE!!!

You do know that lying is a sin do you not? lmao
Politically Correct

Manchester, KY

#16 Oct 19, 2010
faykurs wrote:
you are just now figuring this stuff out? why the hell do you think there are like 5 churches on every block? because lazy ass people only want to work a couple of hours a week, collect from the congregation,try to convince their friends and family that they are of god,and can go to walmart and not pay taxes for anything they buy, claiming it is used for church purposes. all these so called preachers and pastors think people are stupid and cant figure it out. but their day is coming. i am going to laugh my arse off when it does.
No, you won't be laughing either...These kind of People who do not do the right thing without repentence, are going to Hell; and that's the same place you will go if you keep an attitude like that!! Think about it.
Politically Correct

Manchester, KY

#17 Oct 19, 2010
BAMBOO08 wrote:
<quoted text>reminds me of sarah palin.everything you said also applys to her.
Amen and Amen
truth

Mckee, KY

#18 Oct 19, 2010
It sad that some people in this world take advantage of poor people But I can assure you that not all preachers or Christians are like that. But in this country we have freedom of religions and people can preach or go to any church they want it their right to be made a fool of.
faykur

London, KY

#19 Oct 19, 2010
Politically Correct wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you won't be laughing either...These kind of People who do not do the right thing without repentence, are going to Hell; and that's the same place you will go if you keep an attitude like that!! Think about it.
oh yes i will, havent you heard? there is no heaven or hell. churches are crooks! what makes a community think they need 10 of each one on every corner! you think it is because they are over crowded? you are blind! its big money sucking these poor saps out of there hard earned money in exchange for a possibility that they might see a heaven! you people think you know what you think you know, but in the REAL world you are clueless.
idoitallnite

London, KY

#20 Oct 19, 2010
we are all going to hell in a hand basket!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 hr BRAIN STORM 131,599
Tree Trimming 10 hr What 5
Are there any honest good man left? 16 hr girl that loves b... 47
obama friend arrested 22 hr lib always lie 2
I need to borrow $500 (Nov '12) Tue Underemployed 24
auto body shop (Mar '14) Tue Wally West 4
What happened to the "Serco Jobs" Thread? (Aug '13) Tue amex worker 25
London Dating
Find my Match

London People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

London News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in London