Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 3,901)

Showing posts 78,001 - 78,020 of122,693
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Yes and Amen

Jackson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81415
Jun 25, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

You all have a Blessed day...
I gotta get ready for work :-)

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81416
Jun 25, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

prophetic_hacker wrote:
I agree with kellerman. I'm a Christian and I do not follow any denomination. Now, with that being said. I think if a school can have Bible teachings without anyone getting angry and upset, I think it would be fine. Leave out the denomination and the religious systems. Jesus attacked religion, he didn't start one. Leave out the legalistic rules like, Women will burn in hell if they wear pants! Women cannot cut their hair! That stuff is garbage and is not Bible. You legalistic skirt zombies don't bring up the scripture in Deuteronomy because you will get owned! read the rest of the scripture! Anyway... What I'm saying if a school can teach the word of God and no fighting, go for it. I think Blackberry Grade School does great with their Bible Club. Again though, I agree with Kellerman. I would not want the Quaran being taught so we must respect the separation of church and state.
What you're advocating here is indoctrination of children into your own version of religion.

Teaching a religion class would be a critical exercise, comparing religions, examining the language of ancient texts, comparing their stories and trying to understand their meanings realistically.

It would not be Sunday School and they wouldn't teach you that Jesus loves all the little children. That would be a violation of the Constitution as it would "respect an establishment of religion".

Unless you don't consider your own faith to be an establishment of religion. But that would be your own religious view.
Satanic preist

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81417
Jun 25, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

I hate hillbillies wrote:
<quoted text>
You misspelled priest, Rev.
Maybe they should just stick to teaching ENGLISH in your neck of the woods.
No stupid, the idea of Satanism is to turn everything around. The spelling of christian priest is not the same for Satanic priest. Guess you are too stupid to understand that so be a sheep and follow what ever you are told
Satanic preist

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81418
Jun 25, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, and yes... there will be another earth... read the Bible!
The book written by men who see women as property, think the world is flat, and think the sun orbits the earth?
prophetic_hacker

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81419
Jun 25, 2012
 
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>What God gets out of it...
People that WANTs to be with Him of their OWN volition!
Not robots!
satan will end up with many... but not All!
Thank God!
There's actually 120 verses that says the world will never end.
prophetic_hacker

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81420
Jun 25, 2012
 
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
What you're advocating here is indoctrination of children into your own version of religion.
Teaching a religion class would be a critical exercise, comparing religions, examining the language of ancient texts, comparing their stories and trying to understand their meanings realistically.
It would not be Sunday School and they wouldn't teach you that Jesus loves all the little children. That would be a violation of the Constitution as it would "respect an establishment of religion".
Unless you don't consider your own faith to be an establishment of religion. But that would be your own religious view.
I understand what your saying friend. I've studied religion and I think it is good to study world religion. I am a Bible school graduate. I have the quaran, along with several translations of the Bible. How ever I as a Christian follow teachings of Jesus. He didn't start a religion. Anyway, I agree with you but I think these people on here are only talking about simple Bible study for their schools. How ever I would love to see a world religion class be added to the high schools. I do think it is very important to examine text. Believe it or not the quaran plays a big part in Bible prophecy. I think it is important to understand at least a little bit of Islam because of Bible prophecy. As for my walk and faith though, I follow the apostolic teachings of Jesus. Jesus attacked religion. He was the most anti religious figure on Earth.
Rev Harlan Pritchett

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81421
Jun 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

prophetic_hacker wrote:
I agree with kellerman. I'm a Christian and I do not follow any denomination. Now, with that being said. I think if a school can have Bible teachings without anyone getting angry and upset, I think it would be fine. Leave out the denomination and the religious systems. Jesus attacked religion, he didn't start one. Leave out the legalistic rules like, Women will burn in hell if they wear pants! Women cannot cut their hair! That stuff is garbage and is not Bible. You legalistic skirt zombies don't bring up the scripture in Deuteronomy because you will get owned! read the rest of the scripture! Anyway... What I'm saying if a school can teach the word of God and no fighting, go for it. I think Blackberry Grade School does great with their Bible Club. Again though, I agree with Kellerman. I would not want the Quaran being taught so we must respect the separation of church and state.
You say you want to block Jesus from school just because you, and I emphasize you, don’t go to any particular church. You don’t believe Jesus Christ started God’s true religion, Christianity. You want to censor God’s Holy Words because you find Them somehow disagreeable or inconvenient and choose not to believe Them. And your find issue to “zombies”, a term not to be found in my beloved KJV. You have started your own religion. What next, your own chain of “Bible Clubs” granted your franchise?

God’s children need to to hear the Truth freely. We need Jesus back in school.

Turn or burn.
For Sure

Salyersville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81422
Jun 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

prophetic_hacker wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand what your saying friend. I've studied religion and I think it is good to study world religion. I am a Bible school graduate. I have the quaran, along with several translations of the Bible. How ever I as a Christian follow teachings of Jesus. He didn't start a religion. Anyway, I agree with you but I think these people on here are only talking about simple Bible study for their schools. How ever I would love to see a world religion class be added to the high schools. I do think it is very important to examine text. Believe it or not the quaran plays a big part in Bible prophecy. I think it is important to understand at least a little bit of Islam because of Bible prophecy. As for my walk and faith though, I follow the apostolic teachings of Jesus. Jesus attacked religion. He was the most anti religious figure on Earth.
The Ouaran plainly states that Allah did not take a Son and
the Quaran Plainly states that Jesus (Christ) is a mere Islamic
prophet that will bow before Muhammad and profess that He is
actually a muslim...if you take the Quaran with your walk through
faith, you don't also walk with the Lord Jesus Christ that I
know, Second Corithians 6:14. The Quaran came about a bit over
six hundred years after Jesus Christ walked this earth and the
Book of Mormon came much later in the early 19th century. Yes, it
would be okay to teach this in high school since our young adults
could learn and make their own decisions, for that is what Free
Will is all about and minds should not be warped into believing
what others want them to believe.
prophetic_hacker

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81423
Jun 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Rev Harlan Pritchett wrote:
<quoted text>
You say you want to block Jesus from school just because you, and I emphasize you, don’t go to any particular church. You don’t believe Jesus Christ started God’s true religion, Christianity. You want to censor God’s Holy Words because you find Them somehow disagreeable or inconvenient and choose not to believe Them. And your find issue to “zombies”, a term not to be found in my beloved KJV. You have started your own religion. What next, your own chain of “Bible Clubs” granted your franchise?
God’s children need to to hear the Truth freely. We need Jesus back in school.
Turn or burn.
I just typed a huge message and some how I lost it. I think you misunderstand me. I am an ordained minister of the gospel born and raised in church. I go to a church. Let me make this quick point. When we are living with Christ, there is not going to be a separation of denomination. We will be one body. We will be living with people who come from baptist backgrounds, Pentecostal backgrounds, etc... Jesus was not a religious person. He broke their tradition. He didn't create a system.

I was wrong for using the word Zombie. I was just referring to legalism. In our home town we are blessed. Black Berry Grade school has a Bible club and no one complains. That's good. If people started complaining, then there would be a problem.

I also think good deep theology is important but we have to understand how to separate the teaching. I could not teach deep theology to an 80 year old woman who has never finished school. Th3ere should be even advanced Bible study added to the church. Some churches may even have it.

All I'm saying, sir is in God's kingdom there are no denomination. There are no baptist, no Pentecostals, no chruch of God, etc. We are one body who serve one God. Jesus says "I am the way, the truth and the Life." Jesus was not a religious person and he did not start a religion. We are Jews who serve a God that sent his son to die for us. We have been grafted in.

Sir, I think you misunderstand me. My bad for using the zombie word,lol. I should not have used that word. I say that in reference to legalism. I do attend a church. I was born and raised in church. I am an ordained minister of the gospel. I am a person full of the holy ghost. Jesus Christ did not start a religion. I follow Jesus's teachings. See, with Jesus he is the way. The only way. There is no system because he is the way, the truth and the life.

Let me explain so others can understand where I'm coming from. I find it important for people to understand the word of God. How ever, we must take in mind that people flip out about Bible teaching in schools. We have been lucky, in our home town the Bible can be taught freely and we don't have a problem. Black Berry Grade School has a Bible club and everyone loves it. I've not heard anything bad said about it.

We also have to understand different types of teaching. I could not teach deep theology to an 80 year old woman who has never finished high school. Let me say this. Most churches have little kids class, medium class, a teen class and an adult class. I think there should be added an advanced class. We have to know how to separate our teachings.

I go to a church. As for myself follow the teachings of Jesus and even study, live and learn Jewish living. I take Jewish classes online. Living like a Jew because we are Jews. We have been grafted in. When we are living with Jesus Christ during the 1,000 year reign, there is not going to be a separation of denomination. We are going to be God's people. Its not going to be the Baptist over there, the Pentecostal over there, etc.. We will be one body. This is the life I live.

Jesus was not a religious person. He stuck his finger in the face of the pharisees and causing havoc in their tradition. He broke their tradition. We are Jews, I am a Jew. I live like a Jew

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81424
Jun 25, 2012
 

Judged:

4

2

2

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You do understand that "IF" you're heading in the same direction... you will never bump into the devil...
Try turning around!
I never "bump" into imaginary beings, no matter which direction I am going.

Trying to live as part of a myth is not rational.
But perhaps it's the only way you can see that your life has any value.
You cling to your drama like a drowning man.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81425
Jun 25, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

prophetic_hacker wrote:
Now, with that being said. I think if a school can have Bible teachings without anyone getting angry and upset, I think it would be fine. Leave out the denomination and the religious systems. <editted for nonsense> I would not want the Quaran being taught so we must respect the separation of church and state.
^^^ You are kidding, right?
Leaving out the denoms makes it ok with you and should make it ok with everyone?

What part of "the government can not endorse one religion over another" do you not understand?

You "respect the separation of church and state" ONLY when you apply it to something other than Christianity?

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81426
Jun 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

prophetic_hacker wrote:
<quoted text>
...in God's kingdom... one God... God that ...word of God. I go to a church. As for myself follow the teachings of Jesus and even study, live and learn Jewish living. I take Jewish classes online. Living like a Jew because we are Jews.....be God's people..... We are Jews, I am a Jew. I live like a Jew
That's odd. Most Jews won't spell the word "god." It's spelled "g-d."

"Many Jews have afforded the word "God" with the same level of respect as the Hebrew equivalents. Because of this, many Jews substitute "God with G-d so that they can erase or dispose of the writing without showing disrespect to God." http://judaism.about.com/od/judaismbasics/a/W...

Do you also not eat shellfish?(I hope so. More for me!)
Observe the Jewish holy days and make the appropriate sacrifices?

You say you go to church? Not a temple/synagogue?
You say you are an ordained minister? Not a rabbi?

Your "Jewishness" is in question, sir.
Godswarrior

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81427
Jun 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

The church going people in this area voting down alcolhal sales are against drinking. ok I'm agaist being drunk. What did jesus say people? Thou shall not be drunk BUT he made wine to drink. He made the best wine the book says. In that case it is not bad to have a drink it is bad to drink to much and get drunk. We could of profited from the sale of alcolhal. spelling is wrong but you know what I'm saying!!
juggalo

Denver, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81428
Jun 25, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>What God gets out of it...
People that WANTs to be with Him of their OWN volition!
Not robots!
satan will end up with many... but not All!
Thank God!
That still don't explain why ...but any way you're saying god has done ALL this just so he'll have people to hang out with ?? You gotta be kidding me ...the creator of the universe don't know how to make friends ? And what kind of example is that anyway ?? No wonder religious people are so messed up ,if that is what you actually believe it would explain why you have no social skills either

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81429
Jun 25, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

juggalo wrote:
<quoted text>Question is ...what does either one get out of it ?? If there is this huge struggle between these two and the world is gonna end anyway , what's gonna happen ? Satan will have all these souls that he has to work his but off burning for eternity if he wins , and if god wins he would have this huge " righteous army" that has no purpose at all cause , well , there's no more earth .......what does either one really need with all these souls ?
Well, souls are like nuclear reactors. If some entity like an angel takes in a bunch of them he can be powerful enough to defeat rival angels and rule Heaven. But sometimes you need the help of a demon to unlock some of the souls nobody knows about. Then it's this whole convoluted mess with leviathans and junk.

Wait...is this the right thread?

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81430
Jun 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

juggalo wrote:
<quoted text>
That still don't explain why ...but any way you're saying god has done ALL this just so he'll have people to hang out with ?? You gotta be kidding me ...the creator of the universe don't know how to make friends ? And what kind of example is that anyway ?? No wonder religious people are so messed up ,if that is what you actually believe it would explain why you have no social skills either
LOL! Perfect!
Thanks for the mental picture of a party with gods and goddesses mingling, drinking, dancing, chatting....and, standing over in a corner alone, there is Yahweh looking very uncomfortable.
Funny, he looks more like PeeWee Herman than Charlton Heston.
Lordy

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81431
Jun 25, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hahahahahha!
You have no idea just how free I am!
I was a slave to sin, and perversion, satan took me down a LONG DARK road... Christ pulled me out, cleaned me up, and Forgave me!
I Pray you find that Salvation we have found...
You'll be on here, just as we are...
Telling yall the Truth of God's Goodness!
Come on in, the Water's fine!
Tell me something... Why would Christ forgive you, for something you had no control over? And why on earth would you pray for someone to be 'blessed' with the same intolerable ignorance that you portray? Actually, the water you speak of... has been polluted with several 'satanic' chemicals that cause bodily harm. I understand you have an extreme amount of faith in the Lord, but.. you know people and entire families have died because they refused the help from doctors and were so adamant that their Lord would save them. Oh, I guess they was saved in yours eyes, huh? Death is savior eh? And you want to pass these 'teachings' onto more people. And this is ok in this world because of the indoctrination.

Waco, Texas, They was misguided as well, almost as 'adamant' and extreme as you seem with the faith you preach. Hopefully you know they was saved too, right? Death just be cleaning up all of these Gods messes. You'd figure with all this worldly powers being bestowed and characterized in these books, at least one would have created a maid.
Lordy

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81432
Jun 25, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

prophetic_hacker wrote:
I agree with kellerman. I'm a Christian and I do not follow any denomination. Now, with that being said. I think if a school can have Bible teachings without anyone getting angry and upset, I think it would be fine. Leave out the denomination and the religious systems. Jesus attacked religion, he didn't start one. Leave out the legalistic rules like, Women will burn in hell if they wear pants! Women cannot cut their hair! That stuff is garbage and is not Bible. You legalistic skirt zombies don't bring up the scripture in Deuteronomy because you will get owned! read the rest of the scripture! Anyway... What I'm saying if a school can teach the word of God and no fighting, go for it. I think Blackberry Grade School does great with their Bible Club. Again though, I agree with Kellerman. I would not want the Quaran being taught so we must respect the separation of church and state.
Picking and Choosing, I see. You silly Christians have done this entirely too many times in history's past. And you wouldn't like the Qur'an being taught simply because it says YOUR God gets OWNED by THEIR God. Pissing contest anyone?
Sam Waters

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81433
Jun 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

prophetic_hacker wrote:
<quoted text>
I just typed a huge message and some how I lost it. I think you misunderstand me. I am an ordained minister of the gospel born and raised in church. I go to a church. Let me make this quick point. When we are living with Christ, there is not going to be a separation of denomination. We will be one body. We will be living with people who come from baptist backgrounds, Pentecostal backgrounds, etc... Jesus was not a religious person. He broke their tradition. He didn't create a system.
I was wrong for using the word Zombie. I was just referring to legalism. In our home town we are blessed. Black Berry Grade school has a Bible club and no one complains. That's good. If people started complaining, then there would be a problem.
I also think good deep theology is important but we have to understand how to separate the teaching. I could not teach deep theology to an 80 year old woman who has never finished school. Th3ere should be even advanced Bible study added to the church. Some churches may even have it.
All I'm saying, sir is in God's kingdom there are no denomination. There are no baptist, no Pentecostals, no chruch of God, etc. We are one body who serve one God. Jesus says "I am the way, the truth and the Life." Jesus was not a religious person and he did not start a religion. We are Jews who serve a God that sent his son to die for us. We have been grafted in.
Sir, I think you misunderstand me. My bad for using the zombie word,lol. I should not have used that word. I say that in reference to legalism. I do attend a church. I was born and raised in church. I am an ordained minister of the gospel. I am a person full of the holy ghost. Jesus Christ did not start a religion. I follow Jesus's teachings. See, with Jesus he is the way. The only way. There is no system because he is the way, the truth and the life.
Let me explain so others can understand where I'm coming from. I find it important for people to understand the word of God. How ever, we must take in mind that people flip out about Bible teaching in schools. We have been lucky, in our home town the Bible can be taught freely and we don't have a problem. Black Berry Grade School has a Bible club and everyone loves it. I've not heard anything bad said about it.
We also have to understand different types of teaching. I could not teach deep theology to an 80 year old woman who has never finished high school. Let me say this. Most churches have little kids class, medium class, a teen class and an adult class. I think there should be added an advanced class. We have to know how to separate our teachings.
I go to a church. As for myself follow the teachings of Jesus and even study, live and learn Jewish living. I take Jewish classes online. Living like a Jew because we are Jews. We have been grafted in. When we are living with Jesus Christ during the 1,000 year reign, there is not going to be a separation of denomination. We are going to be God's people. Its not going to be the Baptist over there, the Pentecostal over there, etc.. We will be one body. This is the life I live.
Jesus was not a religious person. He stuck his finger in the face of the pharisees and causing havoc in their tradition. He broke their tradition. We are Jews, I am a Jew. I live like a Jew
My ministry doesn’t usually guide me to speak Hebrew or Yiddish, but I say oy veh! An ecumenical mishugina goyim?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81434
Jun 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
That's odd. Most Jews won't spell the word "god." It's spelled "g-d."
"Many Jews have afforded the word "God" with the same level of respect as the Hebrew equivalents. Because of this, many Jews substitute "God with G-d so that they can erase or dispose of the writing without showing disrespect to God." http://judaism.about.com/od/judaismbasics/a/W...
Do you also not eat shellfish?(I hope so. More for me!)
Observe the Jewish holy days and make the appropriate sacrifices?
You say you go to church? Not a temple/synagogue?
You say you are an ordained minister? Not a rabbi?
Your "Jewishness" is in question, sir.
You are actually incorrect... You can be born, your whole family can be born through out History in Ireland and join the Jewish Religion ... You can be born in Israel, Your family have a direct linage to Abraham and become Islamic, Catholic or Roll in the floor while playing with snakes Christian...... There is two Different constructs... Jews as a Race and Jews as a Religious Choice....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 78,001 - 78,020 of122,693
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

31 Users are viewing the London Forum right now

Search the London Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min S C A 138,618
Government defiance 17 min --Crack Rabbit-- 23
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 56 min mrs moss 81,203
add a word--drop a word (Apr '10) 3 hr Healing arts 794
what song are you listening to??? (Oct '09) 3 hr Healing arts 214
If I were the devil... 3 hr Healing arts 2
World War III ?? 4 hr Kinda Not 11
Feds Back Down From Bundy Siege 14 hr TedBundy 184
•••
•••
•••
•••

London Jobs

•••
•••
•••

London People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••