Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
78,001 - 78,020 of 130,439 Comments Last updated 6 min ago
Lordy

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hahahahahha!
You have no idea just how free I am!
I was a slave to sin, and perversion, satan took me down a LONG DARK road... Christ pulled me out, cleaned me up, and Forgave me!
I Pray you find that Salvation we have found...
You'll be on here, just as we are...
Telling yall the Truth of God's Goodness!
Come on in, the Water's fine!
Tell me something... Why would Christ forgive you, for something you had no control over? And why on earth would you pray for someone to be 'blessed' with the same intolerable ignorance that you portray? Actually, the water you speak of... has been polluted with several 'satanic' chemicals that cause bodily harm. I understand you have an extreme amount of faith in the Lord, but.. you know people and entire families have died because they refused the help from doctors and were so adamant that their Lord would save them. Oh, I guess they was saved in yours eyes, huh? Death is savior eh? And you want to pass these 'teachings' onto more people. And this is ok in this world because of the indoctrination.

Waco, Texas, They was misguided as well, almost as 'adamant' and extreme as you seem with the faith you preach. Hopefully you know they was saved too, right? Death just be cleaning up all of these Gods messes. You'd figure with all this worldly powers being bestowed and characterized in these books, at least one would have created a maid.
Lordy

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

Judged:

prophetic_hacker wrote:
I agree with kellerman. I'm a Christian and I do not follow any denomination. Now, with that being said. I think if a school can have Bible teachings without anyone getting angry and upset, I think it would be fine. Leave out the denomination and the religious systems. Jesus attacked religion, he didn't start one. Leave out the legalistic rules like, Women will burn in hell if they wear pants! Women cannot cut their hair! That stuff is garbage and is not Bible. You legalistic skirt zombies don't bring up the scripture in Deuteronomy because you will get owned! read the rest of the scripture! Anyway... What I'm saying if a school can teach the word of God and no fighting, go for it. I think Blackberry Grade School does great with their Bible Club. Again though, I agree with Kellerman. I would not want the Quaran being taught so we must respect the separation of church and state.
Picking and Choosing, I see. You silly Christians have done this entirely too many times in history's past. And you wouldn't like the Qur'an being taught simply because it says YOUR God gets OWNED by THEIR God. Pissing contest anyone?
Sam Waters

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

Judged:

prophetic_hacker wrote:
<quoted text>
I just typed a huge message and some how I lost it. I think you misunderstand me. I am an ordained minister of the gospel born and raised in church. I go to a church. Let me make this quick point. When we are living with Christ, there is not going to be a separation of denomination. We will be one body. We will be living with people who come from baptist backgrounds, Pentecostal backgrounds, etc... Jesus was not a religious person. He broke their tradition. He didn't create a system.
I was wrong for using the word Zombie. I was just referring to legalism. In our home town we are blessed. Black Berry Grade school has a Bible club and no one complains. That's good. If people started complaining, then there would be a problem.
I also think good deep theology is important but we have to understand how to separate the teaching. I could not teach deep theology to an 80 year old woman who has never finished school. Th3ere should be even advanced Bible study added to the church. Some churches may even have it.
All I'm saying, sir is in God's kingdom there are no denomination. There are no baptist, no Pentecostals, no chruch of God, etc. We are one body who serve one God. Jesus says "I am the way, the truth and the Life." Jesus was not a religious person and he did not start a religion. We are Jews who serve a God that sent his son to die for us. We have been grafted in.
Sir, I think you misunderstand me. My bad for using the zombie word,lol. I should not have used that word. I say that in reference to legalism. I do attend a church. I was born and raised in church. I am an ordained minister of the gospel. I am a person full of the holy ghost. Jesus Christ did not start a religion. I follow Jesus's teachings. See, with Jesus he is the way. The only way. There is no system because he is the way, the truth and the life.
Let me explain so others can understand where I'm coming from. I find it important for people to understand the word of God. How ever, we must take in mind that people flip out about Bible teaching in schools. We have been lucky, in our home town the Bible can be taught freely and we don't have a problem. Black Berry Grade School has a Bible club and everyone loves it. I've not heard anything bad said about it.
We also have to understand different types of teaching. I could not teach deep theology to an 80 year old woman who has never finished high school. Let me say this. Most churches have little kids class, medium class, a teen class and an adult class. I think there should be added an advanced class. We have to know how to separate our teachings.
I go to a church. As for myself follow the teachings of Jesus and even study, live and learn Jewish living. I take Jewish classes online. Living like a Jew because we are Jews. We have been grafted in. When we are living with Jesus Christ during the 1,000 year reign, there is not going to be a separation of denomination. We are going to be God's people. Its not going to be the Baptist over there, the Pentecostal over there, etc.. We will be one body. This is the life I live.
Jesus was not a religious person. He stuck his finger in the face of the pharisees and causing havoc in their tradition. He broke their tradition. We are Jews, I am a Jew. I live like a Jew
My ministry doesnít usually guide me to speak Hebrew or Yiddish, but I say oy veh! An ecumenical mishugina goyim?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

Judged:

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
That's odd. Most Jews won't spell the word "god." It's spelled "g-d."
"Many Jews have afforded the word "God" with the same level of respect as the Hebrew equivalents. Because of this, many Jews substitute "God with G-d so that they can erase or dispose of the writing without showing disrespect to God." http://judaism.about.com/od/judaismbasics/a/W...
Do you also not eat shellfish?(I hope so. More for me!)
Observe the Jewish holy days and make the appropriate sacrifices?
You say you go to church? Not a temple/synagogue?
You say you are an ordained minister? Not a rabbi?
Your "Jewishness" is in question, sir.
You are actually incorrect... You can be born, your whole family can be born through out History in Ireland and join the Jewish Religion ... You can be born in Israel, Your family have a direct linage to Abraham and become Islamic, Catholic or Roll in the floor while playing with snakes Christian...... There is two Different constructs... Jews as a Race and Jews as a Religious Choice....
juggalo

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

Judged:

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Perfect!
Thanks for the mental picture of a party with gods and goddesses mingling, drinking, dancing, chatting....and, standing over in a corner alone, there is Yahweh looking very uncomfortable.
Funny, he looks more like PeeWee Herman than Charlton Heston.
Yep the lonely outcast that resorts to making figurines out of clay so he would have someone to play with , then beats them up when they don't do as he says ...but that's just to show how much he loves them ....wow lol
Lordy

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab2...
Have at it... if you want the TRUTH about it!
How is this truth? They are merely taking the discoveries of other scientist and using it as if "God" commanded it this way with scriptures. If this is what you call truth, then Nostradamus must be the most powerful scientific God of analogies ever to exist.

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

prophetic_hacker wrote:
<quoted text>
There's actually 120 verses that says the world will never end.

According to scriptures Jesus spoke to the corrupt pharisees in parables seeing that pharisees taught the pagan babylonia belief that God burns humans souls in hell-fire forever that have not repented.

Question: do you believe that teaching of hell-fire in the N.T. is literal?

Question: if you have the holy ghost can you cast out demons,speak in tonques or heal the sick?
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

Judged:

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
I never "bump" into imaginary beings, no matter which direction I am going.
Trying to live as part of a myth is not rational.
But perhaps it's the only way you can see that your life has any value.
You cling to your drama like a drowning man.
that was to one of the fundies. however, I take your comment as being discouraging to any hope that I might have of ever bumping into an invisible flying unicorn that has landed.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

of course, it would be reassuring to anyone flying in a plane.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

juggalo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep the lonely outcast that resorts to making figurines out of clay so he would have someone to play with , then beats them up when they don't do as he says ...but that's just to show how much he loves them ....wow lol
I'd say more like John Wayne. I like the image of multiple gods at a party. I don't think I would enjoy the party or even go to it - I would more likely be the happy Hestia at home reading or watching pbs or cspan, and waiting for Hermes to come home and regale me with his version of the party.(only I would have the air conditioning on instead of the hearth fire burning)
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
According to scriptures Jesus spoke to the corrupt pharisees in parables seeing that pharisees taught the pagan babylonia belief that God burns humans souls in hell-fire forever that have not repented.
Question: do you believe that teaching of hell-fire in the N.T. is literal?
Question: if you have the holy ghost can you cast out demons,speak in tonques or heal the sick?
please refer to the places where the scriptures that you refer to. I do not understand what you mean by "seeing that" - do you mean "because"? Are you implying that Jesus was denouncing the teachings regarding hell that you seem to say the pharisees tuaght and got from the pagan babylonian beliefs? Please explain in more detail.

Your reply was aimed at someone else, apparently a fundie. I find the alleged words of Jesus to be very mixed in quality, and I do not attribute them to an actual person, but to several writers who put words in "his" mouth, and possibly also invented him as a fictional character, or put him together as a composite of several wannabe messiahs, prophets, and preachers.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

the places where - meant the citations for - I was trying to figure out how to express my confusion with your post and made my own phrasing confusing. sorry. it is interesting, please reply.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

Joy Beasley wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be a child. I did not mean to be rude to you. Have a fun summer.
That was to Lordy. Lordy makes fun of people by phrasing remarks in ways that are not to be taken seriously. It is funny, but easy to misunderstand, and not exactly a kind way to handle idiots - but one gets so tired of being patient with idiots, it is tempting to mock them at times.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

Judged:

follow the KJV thats the real bible
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

Laquisha Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
You got that right!
Smart people got no use for talking nasty or be using profanity or disrespecting or hating in any way or shape or form. Smart people know they are not stupid and dont care about insults.
Its just plain nasty to insult people because of they are christians. Theyre religious, not stupid.
smart people don't write comments like you do. It is nasty to insult people who have not been nasty first, and have actually been nice and kind and fair and smart. It is - unfortunately - natural to retaliate when folks are dumb and nasty. Your first mistake was to begin by agreeing with that idiot Yes and Amen. Then you started off fairly stupid: "smart people got no use" and then got reasonably decent "for talking nasty or be (sic - that was bad grammar and not a thing a smart person would write) using profanity or disrespecting or hating in any way or shape or form."

Then you got stupid again, both in your grammar and in what you wrote. "Because of they are Christians" is both bad grammar and an unfair description of why we criticize folks like you and Yes and Amen. It is only fair to say you are not smart - though a bit nasty to just call you stupid - based both on your grammar and the content of your comments. And whether you are a nice person who is Christian or a not nice person who is Christian, depends on several factors. One is what you believe, and one is how you act, and one is what you write that we read here, and judge you by, because we do not know exactly what you believe or how you act. You might be a very kind person, in many ways, and we would not know that about you. And in a way, it is unfair of us to be unkind to you because you are uneducated and use bad grammar, and because you have naive beliefs. It was probably not your fault that you were poorly educated or that you were brainwashed with silly beliefs. Someone else probably did that to you, without your permission.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

Judged:

Trying to Fight wrote:
follow the KJV thats the real bible
real?- put together by a committee more years ago than the modern translations, is a more accurate description.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>This is why christians need atheists, we understand for them.
Lordy quote at 81318 was interesting. He makes more sense explaining his own views that mocking those of others.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>No, I did not know of zero type, and I am glad you are well, your contributions here on this thread are needed.
thank you. actually I spend almost all my topix time on this thread, because I like you folks the best - I use the Somerset Forum. It is like my home forum, to find people I am comfortable with - even the ones I quibble with occasionally, like you and Q. It is even possible to disagree strongly with someone and yet have a basic goodwill, here, and that is not always true on other topix threads. I even want YAA to stop sinning and be happier!
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

that was to Rev. Harlan Pritchett - be careful - there is a theory that he is one of the ones who is playing a role, and is making fun of what he is pretending to advocate, by making it ridiculous. it is worth trying to check out that theory.
Lordy wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/501%28c%29_organ...
Since you are so proud to lie to the public, rest assure the mocking attitude you present on this forum speaks for itself. You need not and try of convincing me on any 'belief'. The government does enough convincing with their laws. You can simply deny understanding these simple words I speak... but if my words are giving you problems, then clearly the literature you speak of is misguided at the least.
You see, no matter what part of the bible you open up too, you must adhere to the entire thing to be 'Christ Like', or you are simply picking and choosing. At least I am not scared to make a choice in life. I also hold myself responsible for the 'sins' that are around me. Not some deity that's responsible for making humans act the way they do. Turn and burn? I feel sorry for you as a human.. because I have love for all humans. I need not a bible to tell me how to love. I can thank my family for that. Not a morally reprehensible God, that you address as a HE.. lololololol. I truly believe that you are one of the 'lost'. And giving enough time, and a little training, maybe you too could unlearn the horrors that have betrayed you your entire life. I'm sorry. There are entirely too many good men/women that do nothing to change this misguided world. Boo, it's a ghost. And to hell with your mothers soul... after all, the elderly get very cold.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

Rev Harlan Pritchett wrote:
<quoted text>
You doubters and your ďsuspicions!Ē Now do you honestly think Godís servants really have time to play with you? Your mind is Godís temple and being suspicious is just downright misuse of His property. He expects you to use it constructive in His service. Itís time to get cracking!
Turn or burn.
I think that it is quite constructive to try to deconstruct the remarks of others at times, to see whether they are playing certain types of games - and to try to guess if one is not sure - and even beyond that, to try to guess if it is friendly playing or unfriendly playing. It would be boring if everyone played fair, even if we are sometimes annoyed when they don't! This is, among other things, a place for mind games - not God's temple or Satan's den - but just good old mental exercixe.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

London Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

London People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

London News, Events & Info