Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 132,254

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#81479 Jun 25, 2012
The truth sets you free wrote:
When you conclude your comment with the saying "Turn or burn" What exactly do you mean by that?
My guess would be, believe like he does or burn.

King James Version

Revelation 19
20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Revelation 20
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 21
8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Do you people not read your bibles?
George Carlin

Greenup, KY

#81480 Jun 25, 2012
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#81481 Jun 25, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Quantisim, Invisible flying unicorns poop multicolored glitter so flowers have such beautiful color....
So you say but cannot demostrate. I just could not help but use one of Quantism scriptures.
The truth sets you free

Cocoa Beach, FL

#81483 Jun 25, 2012
Hell Sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
Take the road that leads to the Son. It is a cliche'. I don't really care for the fire and brimstone approach myself. This is the scripture that points out his quip:
Matt. 25:
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
Question: Is death a punishment?
Question: If there is no resurrection could death be an everlasting punishment?
Romans 6:33 Gives the answer!
Laquisha Jones

Cincinnati, OH

#81484 Jun 25, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> smart people don't write comments like you do. It is nasty to insult people who have not been nasty first, and have actually been nice and kind and fair and smart. It is - unfortunately - natural to retaliate when folks are dumb and nasty. Your first mistake was to begin by agreeing with that idiot Yes and Amen. Then you started off fairly stupid: "smart people got no use" and then got reasonably decent "for talking nasty or be (sic - that was bad grammar and not a thing a smart person would write) using profanity or disrespecting or hating in any way or shape or form."
Then you got stupid again, both in your grammar and in what you wrote. "Because of they are Christians" is both bad grammar and an unfair description of why we criticize folks like you and Yes and Amen. It is only fair to say you are not smart - though a bit nasty to just call you stupid - based both on your grammar and the content of your comments. And whether you are a nice person who is Christian or a not nice person who is Christian, depends on several factors. One is what you believe, and one is how you act, and one is what you write that we read here, and judge you by, because we do not know exactly what you believe or how you act. You might be a very kind person, in many ways, and we would not know that about you. And in a way, it is unfair of us to be unkind to you because you are uneducated and use bad grammar, and because you have naive beliefs. It was probably not your fault that you were poorly educated or that you were brainwashed with silly beliefs. Someone else probably did that to you, without your permission.
Thank you. You seem to get me and what Im about. Im no fool but I do have my faults. Im no saint but I love Jesus. Im no English teacher but I got no problem makeing myself clear. I work hard to have some nice things and don't mess with hard drugs. It all makes sense to me and I know God loves me. I may have been brain washed but I have lots of street creds.
Laquisha Jones

Cincinnati, OH

#81486 Jun 25, 2012
Jamie Lynns Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure do think highly of yourself. Guess someone has to! As for me, I think you're an ugly evil, hateful b!tch! And you smell like poo! So there!
I got no problem with you being a drag queen but you got some kind of problem like no self respect. Look at you. You need to think more highly of your tranny self. God loves even you and me and every one else he created. Were all his children. Get over it girl. Love not hate.
Yes and Amen

Clay City, KY

#81488 Jun 26, 2012
Satanic preist wrote:
<quoted text>The book written by men who see women as property, think the world is flat, and think the sun orbits the earth?
Blown out piece of CROCK!
This is not Islam!
Women are a Helper to man, Man takes care of Woman... Protects her!
Man is also to protect Children... Not KILL them in Abortion mills!
That is satans job to mess things up, and anyone to take his name is a TARD!
You do not HAVE to be a TARD!
Repent of being a TARD, ask Christ to forgive you!
You WILL be Glad You Did!
Amen!
Yes and Amen

Clay City, KY

#81489 Jun 26, 2012
prophetic_hacker wrote:
<quoted text>
There's actually 120 verses that says the world will never end.
Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first
heaven and the first earth had passed away; and there was no
more sea.
Yes and Amen

Clay City, KY

#81490 Jun 26, 2012
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
I never "bump" into imaginary beings, no matter which direction I am going.
Trying to live as part of a myth is not rational.
But perhaps it's the only way you can see that your life has any value.
You cling to your drama like a drowning man.
My Life, just as yours has value because Christ suffered, and died in OUR place!
God is not imaginary... He is real!
He saved me, and many, many, many others!
I hope you will be one too!
But it is Your choice!
Yes and Amen

Clay City, KY

#81491 Jun 26, 2012
juggalo wrote:
<quoted text>
That still don't explain why ...but any way you're saying god has done ALL this just so he'll have people to hang out with ?? You gotta be kidding me ...the creator of the universe don't know how to make friends ? And what kind of example is that anyway ?? No wonder religious people are so messed up ,if that is what you actually believe it would explain why you have no social skills either
Hahahaha!
I'm a Friend to everyone I meet... unless that person is un-friendly, and I've only found a few that were... un-friendly!
More importanly... I am a Friend of God Himself!
You can be too, and all you have to do is stop being a tard!
Go figure!
Yes and Amen

Clay City, KY

#81492 Jun 26, 2012
Lordy wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me something... Why would Christ forgive you, for something you had no control over? And why on earth would you pray for someone to be 'blessed' with the same intolerable ignorance that you portray? Actually, the water you speak of... has been polluted with several 'satanic' chemicals that cause bodily harm. I understand you have an extreme amount of faith in the Lord, but.. you know people and entire families have died because they refused the help from doctors and were so adamant that their Lord would save them. Oh, I guess they was saved in yours eyes, huh? Death is savior eh? And you want to pass these 'teachings' onto more people. And this is ok in this world because of the indoctrination.
Waco, Texas, They was misguided as well, almost as 'adamant' and extreme as you seem with the faith you preach. Hopefully you know they was saved too, right? Death just be cleaning up all of these Gods messes. You'd figure with all this worldly powers being bestowed and characterized in these books, at least one would have created a maid.
First... don't confuse the Wackos in Waco with Christianity!
Second, You think Death from this world is a bad thing...
Those children in Waco went to the Father in Heaven, and I can say with some certanty that Keresh isn't there!
Everyone DIES! You as I will too, unless the Lord comes soon, and as this world is going... His return is right around the corner!
Who are YOU going to follow is the ONLY Question that means a hill of beans! Choose Wisely!
Yes and Amen

Clay City, KY

#81493 Jun 26, 2012
Lordy wrote:
<quoted text>
How is this truth? They are merely taking the discoveries of other scientist and using it as if "God" commanded it this way with scriptures. If this is what you call truth, then Nostradamus must be the most powerful scientific God of analogies ever to exist.
Whatever you WANT to believe...
God is Real!
Yes and Amen

Clay City, KY

#81494 Jun 26, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
According to scriptures Jesus spoke to the corrupt pharisees in parables seeing that pharisees taught the pagan babylonia belief that God burns humans souls in hell-fire forever that have not repented.
Question: do you believe that teaching of hell-fire in the N.T. is literal?
Question: if you have the holy ghost can you cast out demons,speak in tonques or heal the sick?
In the Book of Joel, God said "I will pour out my Spirit on ALL Flesh!"
It's what YOU do with it that matters...
I've cast out demons In Jesus Name! It works, It's REAL!
God is Real...
Tune into that!
MirrorMan

Palatka, FL

#81495 Jun 26, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hahahaha!
I'm a Friend to everyone I meet... unless that person is un-friendly, and I've only found a few that were... un-friendly!
Go figure!
Which translates as: anyone who disagrees with your world view and personal interpretation of salvation is a "tard".
At some point,*you* decided to redefine what the word means, and what condition it describes.
You blithely use the term freely and often to demean others, and while doing so you insult and abuse those who have clinical mental disabilities.
A story I learned in Bible school -
During battle, a boy soldier in Alexander's army turned and ran in terror. He was caught and brought before Alexander himself.
The general looked at the boy and asked,"what is your name?"
"Alexander." The boy stuttered.
The great leader paused for a moment, then said,
"Change your name or change your ways."
MirrorMan

Palatka, FL

#81496 Jun 26, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hahahaha!
Go figure!
Which translates as: anyone who disagrees with your world view and personal interpretation of salvation is a "tard".
At some point,*you* decided to redefine what the word means, and what condition it describes.
You blithely use the term freely and often to demean others, and while doing so you insult and abuse those who have clinical mental disabilities.
A story I learned in Bible school -
During battle, a boy soldier in Alexander's army turned and ran in terror. He was caught and brought before Alexander himself.
The general looked at the boy and asked,"what is your name?"
"Alexander." The boy stuttered.
The great leader paused for a moment, then said,
"Change your name or change your ways."

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#81497 Jun 26, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>In the Book of Joel, God said "I will pour out my Spirit on ALL Flesh!"
It's what YOU do with it that matters...
I've cast out demons In Jesus Name! It works, It's REAL!
God is Real...
Tune into that!
"So you claim and cannot demonstrate" Q1:1
explain

Myrtle Beach, SC

#81498 Jun 26, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Blown out piece of CROCK!
This is not Islam!
Women are a Helper to man, Man takes care of Woman... Protects her!
Man is also to protect Children... Not KILL them in Abortion mills!
That is satans job to mess things up, and anyone to take his name is a TARD!
You do not HAVE to be a TARD!
Repent of being a TARD, ask Christ to forgive you!
You WILL be Glad You Did!
Amen!
More should think as men as protectors...
explain

Myrtle Beach, SC

#81499 Jun 26, 2012
may others be good to you and may you be even better to yourself!

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#81500 Jun 26, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text> My Life, just as yours has value because Christ suffered, and died in OUR place!
No, my life and yours has no "meaning" at all.
It means only what it means to us to be here and to those whose lives we affect in some way.
No more than that.

Hypothetically speaking.... your wife saw that you were about to be hit by a truck, pushed you out of the way, and was herself killed instead of you, does that make your life more valuable than it was before she did that?
No, it only makes you WANT for it to be more valuable since she gave up something for you.
It makes you feel GUILTY. It's called "survivor's guilt."

That is what Christianity does.
It relentlessly cries, "but Jesus died for YOU. He died so that YOU could live."
And the hidden message is, "and you damn well better feel guilty and, at the same time, grateful."
Guilty/grateful for something that had nothing to do with YOU.

We live our brief span and we die.
You can't/won't accept that.
You would rather believe that invisible superbeings are fighting over your love and loyalty and that you will get to live forever by choosing the right side.
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text> God is not imaginary... He is real!
He saved me, and many, many, many others!
I hope you will be one too!
But it is Your choice!
There is a choice but it's between fantasy and reality.
Fantasy is a fun place to visit but an emotionally well-adjusted person doesn't want to live there.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#81501 Jun 26, 2012
Yaa states that:

"I am a Friend of God Himself!"

When your "friend" tells you to "come home" and "bring your loved ones," I worry for your family.
You are losing your mind, Yaa.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
serco 3 min Taco Punch Mcgee 2
my aunt Melanie Collier smells like her dogs sh... 6 min smiling jack 1
why/how? 2 hr curious 3
Researchers unveil new chemical combination to ... 4 hr PBS 1
xerox 6 hr work 1
acs/xerox w2 (Jan '13) 6 hr work 9
This town......please help??? 11 hr Shame on You 9
London Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web