Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,467

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
Donna

Danville, KY

#79696 Jun 3, 2012
Ok I am not a hater but I am a Christian and I am tired of being pushed aside for this crap we let Muslims pray 50 times a day to a non existent God at least in My eyes so why cant the Christians talk about Christ or study the bible? Who are you to think you are right if you are then why do we live in this sick world Hello ! How about some basic fundamentals for our kids to think upon? Or maybe think about some one other than them selves you are so selfish For God So Loved the World he Gave his only begotten son would you do that for me dont think so buddy so blow smoke some where else! Ohh a Christian that fights back sorry I have gay friends that bend over and that is their choice I still love them I do not hate them but I am not taking your ath_____ bs rectally anymore. I will only bend down on my knees for God and rarely my husband.
Donna

Danville, KY

#79697 Jun 3, 2012
Pray hard this morning Christians God is so near I love my life but dream of seeing him daily look up because soon we will have to fight.
Scream Jesus is Your Lord and he will hear you . He died for you with nails in his hands and feet painful awful death these jerk offs are feeder fish for Lucy if er.
Be strong in Christ Christians.
If you ever want to change he will forgive you. Me on the other hand just kidding .... Christians can have a little since of humor

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#79698 Jun 3, 2012
Donna wrote:
Ok I am not a hater but I am a Christian and I am tired of being pushed aside for this crap we let Muslims pray 50 times a day to a non existent God at least in My eyes so why cant the Christians talk about Christ or study the bible? Who are you to think you are right if you are then why do we live in this sick world Hello ! How about some basic fundamentals for our kids to think upon? Or maybe think about some one other than them selves you are so selfish For God So Loved the World he Gave his only begotten son would you do that for me dont think so buddy so blow smoke some where else! Ohh a Christian that fights back sorry I have gay friends that bend over and that is their choice I still love them I do not hate them but I am not taking your ath_____ bs rectally anymore. I will only bend down on my knees for God and rarely my husband.
Well I kinda hope these posts are jokes but I suspect they are not.

People can pray in school if they want to. There is no law against it. What you cannot do is have the school leading prayers or otherwise proselytizing to children due to the First Amendment of the Constitution. Allowing a public school to do this is precisely the kind of thing Madison, Jefferson, Adams, and Washington wanted to avoid.

No one is taking God away from anyone. But the Christian grip on the nation, which was at one time absolute, is starting to slip. So Christians are kind of freaking out. But if you think for one minute that Christians are not in control of things then you live on a different planet. You can hardly get elected to a local, small town office without kissing Jesus' butt. There is only one person I know of in any of the major Federal elected positions that is openly non-religious.

Religion still has a tight grip on politics. What Christians are complaining about is that they are not allowed to tighten their grip even more.
Hoosier Hillbilly

Marengo, IN

#79699 Jun 3, 2012
Spoken by a true Muslim.

Ops! Obama didn't say that!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#79700 Jun 3, 2012
EssentialSalts wrote:
<quoted text>
I only quoted two lines because it's just a never-ending mess of imbecilic conjecture (or dejecture).
But your pretend debate with an atheist is instantly nullified by the fact that you make it a point to say that atheists are the ones who are responsible for abortions. There are atheists who are anti-choice, just as there are religious people who are pro-choice. In fact, the very site you would spam links to had statistics that showed it's mostly religious women getting abortions. The same site you also said had "liberal lies" despite the fact that _you_ kept linking people to it.
What does someone being married have to do with abortions? You think that when people get married, they'll say "Oh, we're married, so we're automatically going to have a kid?" While there are fewer married women who have abortions, there are still some that do.
You go on to make these ridiculous generalization like atheists being interested in only gay sex and booze. It hurts to read your posts. You're woefully stupid. It's not even ignorance. Ignorance is when you are unaware of something. But when people correct you innumerable times and you still can't understand basic facts, you're just an idiot.
I think you're a hypocrite because you perform abortions every time you post on here. You abort the truth, knowledge, understanding and the English language.
You say that if you hated people you wouldn't tell them about heaven but your message is clearly filled with hatred. Every time you mention the afterlife, you are threatening people. "Guess where you're gonna go for not being delusional like me! Yeah that's right!"
If people like you go to heaven, then it is better to reign in Hell.
"instantly nullified" by the fact that you think yer right!
No Christian would compound a sin (adultry, fornication) with Murder!
"There are atheists who are anti-choice, just as there are religious people who are pro-choice"
Those "Relidious" people you talk about must be Muslim, as they don't care what age they kill!
You don't understand that Those Atheists that are against Abortion understand that there are some things that are just WRONG!
Killing Babies are one of them...
Also you have Atheist that believe being Gay, and gay rights are Wrong Also!
Maried Atheist will be more likely to Kill Babies they don't want!
(Except the ones that KNOW it's WRONG!
"ridiculous generalization like atheists being interested in only gay sex and booze"...
I was using it as an alogory for SIN... I'm sorry if you were unable to understand that! I could just as easiliy used Sandusky's
perversions to point that out... Oh wait... Sandusky is not only Gay, but a pedifile too!
I guess it don't matter how sick you are... yer just sick!
"You say that if you hated people you wouldn't tell them about heaven but your message is clearly filled with hatred"
I'm sorry if you think that... Maybe we should drop all charges on Sandusky... He's clearly a misunderstood person, He was born that way... got the "Gay/perversion" gene!
Just because someone says something is wrong, when it's something YOU like... does NOT mean we Hate you!
I've also posted links where People (PEOPLE) were delivered
from Homosexuality... NOW... If it can be CURED....
Why NOT get the Problem FIXED instead of feeding it?
Then we wouldn't have an argument!
"better to reign in Hell"
You know... I've said that before (once)... I thank the Lord
for forgiving me of that (Along with every other thing I've done)...
I hope you don't really mean that...

I will still pray for your eyes to be Opened!
You really need to see... If others on your side of God
know that these things are wrong too... Maybe Your wrong also!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#79701 Jun 3, 2012
Lordy wrote:
<quoted text>
This is exactly my point. Scarey stuff. Maybe try Love first, followed up with zero fear.:) K, Thankx Bye!
"Choose Righteouness unto Life, or Sin unto Death!"
How hard is it? It's a choice thing!
A, or B.....
Uhhh gee, I want Extra Crispy please!
The funny thing is... God knows we cannot be good on our own...
He sent us a Savior... And ALL you have to do...
Is Believe He died in your place, and try not to Kill babies,
and use a lil self control!
"Scarey stuff" is when 'you' choose the WRONG way!

“Memento mori”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#79702 Jun 3, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"instantly nullified" by the fact that you think yer right!
No Christian would compound a sin (adultry, fornication) with Murder!
Instantly nullified because of the fact that you're wrong. You were just generalizing and attaching things you found to be morally reprehensible with a group that has views which oppose yours.
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>
Those "Relidious" people you talk about must be Muslim, as they don't care what age they kill!
Generalizing/stereotyping. And for your information, muslims fit into a small percentage of people who get abortions. It's mainly Christians who have them.
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You don't understand that Those Atheists that are against Abortion understand that there are some things that are just WRONG!
Killing Babies are one of them...
Also you have Atheist that believe being Gay, and gay rights are Wrong Also!
I don't expect you to get it this time since you haven't the other million times, but killing babies is not the same as abortion. I think it's safe to assume that between 99% and 100% of people who are pro-choice are against the killing of babies.

Opposing gay marriage comes from religious-fueled bigotry, so there will be very, very few atheists who oppose gay marriage.
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Maried Atheist will be more likely to Kill Babies they don't want!
(Except the ones that KNOW it's WRONG!
Total fabrication. I already told you that religious people are the ones having them.
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"ridiculous generalization like atheists being interested in only gay sex and booze"...
I was using it as an alogory for SIN... I'm sorry if you were unable to understand that! I could just as easiliy used Sandusky's
perversions to point that out... Oh wait... Sandusky is not only Gay, but a pedifile too!
I guess it don't matter how sick you are... yer just sick!
I don't care what your reasons were for saying what you did, by portraying a specific group like that, you were generalizing.

And you could have used Sandusky as an example. The only problem is that you would still be wrong. Heterosexuals are more likely to be pedophiles than homosexuals. Take high school psychology and you'll learn this.

Also: generalizing/stereotyping again.
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry if you think that... Maybe we should drop all charges on Sandusky... He's clearly a misunderstood person, He was born that way... got the "Gay/perversion" gene!
Or maybe you should exhibit less hatred. And again. No one on this godd--n board has supported pedophilia. You clearly have an obsession with Sandusky and pedophilia.

Continued in the next post because you shared a lot of bs.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#79703 Jun 3, 2012
Donna wrote:
Ok I am not a hater
Are you sure about that?
Donna wrote:
but I am a Christian and I am tired of being pushed aside for this crap we let Muslims pray 50 times a day to a non existent God at least in My eyes so why cant the Christians talk about Christ or study the bible?
Muslims can pray to their "non existent (sic)" god all they want ...and so can you and all the other Christians. No one is saying you can't.
But Islam is NOT being TAUGHT in schools... and neither should Christianity be. That's what churches are for.
Donna wrote:
Who are you to think you are right if you are then why do we live in this sick world Hello !
We live in this world because we were born here.
It is a world of great beauty and wonder. It is a world of sadness and terror. I'm glad to have had the chance for the experience.
Donna wrote:
How about some basic fundamentals for our kids to think upon? Or maybe think about some one other than them selves you are so selfish
Ethics and morals begin at home. Kids imitate what they see.
Schools are not a substitute for good parenting.
Donna wrote:
For God So Loved the World he Gave his only begotten son would you do that for me dont think so buddy so blow smoke some where else!
Quoting a myth as if we should believe it is not credible, Smokey.
Donna wrote:
Ohh a Christian that fights back
LOL! Oh, you are so impressive. What a fierce little Christian "warrior" you are.
Donna wrote:
sorry I have gay friends that bend over and that is their choice I still love them I do not hate them
When you refer to "friends" who "bend over," I am not hearing "Love."
I hear Disgust pretending to Love.
Donna wrote:
but I am not taking your ath_____ bs rectally anymore.
The word is "ATHEIST." It's not a bad word that can't be said. LOL!
Donna wrote:
I will only bend down on my knees for God and rarely my husband.
Submitting to an imaginary super skydaddy is delusional.
Submitting on your knees to your husband is just repulsive.
Have a little pride, for "god's" sake!

And learn to spell and punctuate, please!

“Memento mori”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#79704 Jun 3, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Just because someone says something is wrong, when it's something YOU like... does NOT mean we Hate you!,
Of course not! It's only when it's something that you don't like. Or in some cases, something you do like but pretend you hate (homosexuality).
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I've also posted links where People (PEOPLE) were delivered
from Homosexuality... NOW... If it can be CURED....
Why NOT get the Problem FIXED instead of feeding it?
Then we wouldn't have an argument!
People have also posted links showing why that's wrong. You cannot "cure" homosexuality. You can force people to repress it which is damaging mentally and makes them more likely to kill themselves.

Even if it were possible, no one has the right to change a person's sexual orientation. I'm sure that if there were a way to turn everyone gay (which is something the USAF discussed), you wouldn't be happy about that. Just deal with the fact that not everyone is the same as you.
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"better to reign in Hell"
You know... I've said that before (once)... I thank the Lord
for forgiving me of that (Along with every other thing I've done)...
I hope you don't really mean that...
I do mean that. If there is a god, and it is the one in the bible, we are all screwed. He is vile, hateful, sadistic, evil and infantile. His rules are nonsensical, and he deserves no one's praise. If your religion is true, I would sooner accept eternal damnation than eternally praising an immoral god.
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I will still pray for your eyes to be Opened!
Okay? I guess I'll...sacrifice a goat for you?
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You really need to see... If others on your side of God
know that these things are wrong too... Maybe Your wrong also!
I like the parts where you tell everyone who has different views from you that they may be wrong but you're the only one who's right. Comedy gold.

And every time you say that you've walked the same road we have or that you used to be against God, I can't help but feel that you're lying. I feel like it's a cheap trick to make us identify with you and share your misguided views.

The fact is, no matter how much you pray, no matter what anyone does or says, I'm never going to believe the same things as you.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#79705 Jun 3, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text> No Christian would compound a sin (adultry, fornication) with Murder!
Proof positive that you don't have a working knowledge of the real world.
You just make it all up as you go along, don't you?
The funny thing (or sad thing) is that once you have made it up, you then believe it.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#79706 Jun 3, 2012
EssentialSalts wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not! It's only when it's something that you don't like. Or in some cases, something you do like but pretend you hate (homosexuality).
<quoted text>
People have also posted links showing why that's wrong. You cannot "cure" homosexuality. You can force people to repress it which is damaging mentally and makes them more likely to kill themselves.
Even if it were possible, no one has the right to change a person's sexual orientation. I'm sure that if there were a way to turn everyone gay (which is something the USAF discussed), you wouldn't be happy about that. Just deal with the fact that not everyone is the same as you.
<quoted text>
I do mean that. If there is a god, and it is the one in the bible, we are all screwed. He is vile, hateful, sadistic, evil and infantile. His rules are nonsensical, and he deserves no one's praise. If your religion is true, I would sooner accept eternal damnation than eternally praising an immoral god.
<quoted text>
Okay? I guess I'll...sacrifice a goat for you?
<quoted text>
I like the parts where you tell everyone who has different views from you that they may be wrong but you're the only one who's right. Comedy gold.
And every time you say that you've walked the same road we have or that you used to be against God, I can't help but feel that you're lying. I feel like it's a cheap trick to make us identify with you and share your misguided views.
The fact is, no matter how much you pray, no matter what anyone does or says, I'm never going to believe the same things as you.
Excellent post. Especially "If there is a god, and it is the one in the bible, we are all screwed. He is vile, hateful, sadistic, evil and infantile. His rules are nonsensical, and he deserves no one's praise. If your religion is true, I would sooner accept eternal damnation than eternally praising an immoral god."
Couldn't agree more!
juggalo

Stanley, NC

#79707 Jun 3, 2012
well wrote:
i think everyone should be told what this country was founded on and teached some real morals.on how it made us so great the worst thing that could have happened to our nashion.is when th let that moron athiest.take the prayer out of school and band the 10 command ments .replaced it with drugs and fiction .th was only terist working long range to destroy our nation.why cant christions have the bible in schools and the 10 comandments.when the muslims read the karan so do the jews and the athiest there devil bible.in america so why cant christions go back to what worked .and made us strong.if america thinks that the christion is not respected and has the rights to its religion bible in its schools christions is the majordy of people in america .why would we settle to be told how to live our lives and teach our kids by some outsider. it dont need be,..time christions stand up and be hered..my opi..
Sad part is ..I think this person was trying to be serious

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#79708 Jun 3, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I prefer Occam's Razor. Or the more forceful iteration of it. Let the evidence weigh in at least as strongly as the nature of the claim. Claiming there is a place where people are tortured forever is a HUUUUUUUGE claim and requires a metric f**kton of evidence to even begin to make it worth talking about.
Heck, first you'd have to demonstrate that a person can go on at all past death. No one has ever given reasonable evidence of that. On the contrary, the overwhelming evidence says we die and that's the end of the road. So there'd be nothing for all those little devils to poke at forever. lol
The only problem with the concept Ockam, and other philosophical writers before and after, puts forth is sometimes the simplest explanation is Wrong... Up until a guy came along and actually looked the simplest explanation for the sun, stars and moons movement through the sky was Earth was in one spot and they all moved around it...(At least for much of the old world from 1000 BCE) where the actual explanation was far more complicated once someone actually looked...
still an employee

Rush, KY

#79709 Jun 3, 2012
Believer wrote:
There might not be so many killings in the schools if the Bible was taught. Kids are hurting so they try to find an outlet for their pain.
There are more murders committed in the "name of God", than any other murders throughout history. Sure, let's create more zealots that are crazy in the first place. They'll come to school to murder all the "evil students".
truth

Middlesboro, KY

#79710 Jun 3, 2012
keep your chirstan BS to your self..dont indoctronate the youth with your guilt peddling BS. if one has to feel guilty for being alive it is BS..
still an employee

Rush, KY

#79711 Jun 3, 2012
Mohandas Ghandi wrote:
Which bible? There are several hundred different religions and interpretations of those religions.
Exactly.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#79712 Jun 3, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
The only problem with the concept Ockam, and other philosophical writers before and after, puts forth is sometimes the simplest explanation is Wrong... Up until a guy came along and actually looked the simplest explanation for the sun, stars and moons movement through the sky was Earth was in one spot and they all moved around it...(At least for much of the old world from 1000 BCE) where the actual explanation was far more complicated once someone actually looked...
Yes, but you work from the best information you have. If we didn't know about heliocentric and had no good tools for figuring it out, then geocentric WOULD be the best choice. It isn't about always getting the right answer, it's about the MOST PROBABLE way to get the right answer.

It's ok to be wrong for the right reason.

Take this whole Hell thing for instance. I reject it fully. There is no evidence AT ALL to support the idea of a real Hell. There is no theory to help explain it, no predictions could be made, and there is no way to falsify the idea. It is, of course, an allegorical concept or a metaphor. It's poetic. But it damn sure ain't real.

Now, if I turn out to be wrong it will be for the right reason. The only other choice is that I reject all reason and just have blind faith. If I do that I'm overwhelmingly more likely to be wrong.
juggalo

Stanley, NC

#79713 Jun 3, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"Choose Righteouness unto Life, or Sin unto Death!"
How hard is it? It's a choice thing!
A, or B.....
Uhhh gee, I want Extra Crispy please!
The funny thing is... God knows we cannot be good on our own...
He sent us a Savior... And ALL you have to do...
Is Believe He died in your place, and try not to Kill babies,
and use a lil self control!
"Scarey stuff" is when 'you' choose the WRONG way!
So did god know that we could not be good on our own before we were created ?
RsKy

Jamestown, KY

#79714 Jun 3, 2012
Yiago wrote:
James Madison, principal author of the Constitution and our 4th President, was so committed to the idea of Church/State separation that he even resisted making any statements or addresses specifically for holidays. I think he did cave in and give some kind of holiday statement (Thanksgiving?) but later he said he regretted the decision as he felt it was outside the domain of his powers as President.
And yet there a lot of people running around today who claim the entire document was founded upon the Bible. It's shocking how ignorant people can be.
It wasn't until 1863, in the midst of the Civil War, that President Abraham Lincoln proclaimed a national Thanksgiving Day to be held each November.
James Madison: Born March 16, 1751 Died June 28, 1836
So James Madison didn't have anything to do with Thanksgiving.
RsKy

Jamestown, KY

#79715 Jun 3, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
That sort of thing bugs me too. I've heard beloved family members make the same error in thinking. They hear of a person surviving a horrible car crash that killed everyone else and they say God was watching over them. My first reaction has always been to ask why he wasn't watching over the others too.
It gets back to the Problem of Suffering or the Problem of Evil, a philosophical issue that religion has never been able to deal with. If God is all power and all loving then why is there suffering?
Satan! Satan causes suffering.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mitch MCConnell is after your Social Security! 1 hr old and feeble 2
Old Tom Taylors place 1 hr old and feeble 6
Gay marriage (Dec '08) 3 hr mukesh 740
hearthside foods 7 hr scared 1
Who Is Bringing In the Illegal Aliens? 7 hr Curmudgeon 83
soap making 8 hr girl that loves b... 2
North football 8 hr old man 44
London Dating
Find my Match

London Jobs