Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 3,818)

Showing posts 76,341 - 76,360 of122,532
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Lordy

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2012

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Excuse me?
Christians; Please don't kill your babies...
Atheists; Shut yer mouth, I got to get rid of this inconvenience!
Christians; Maybe, if you didn't have sex out of wedlock, you wouldn't have that "inconvenience"?
Atheists; Keep yer nose out of my business, I'm an animal, and I'll hump who I want!
Christians; No! You are not an animal! God Loves you, and wants you in heaven with Him!
Atheists; Do you have gay sex, n booze in Heaven?
Christians; No! You don't need that to be happy... it's Heaven!
Atheists; Sounds like hell to me, I don't want to go!
Christians; If that is what you wish... so be it, but Please stop killing yer babies! We'll adopt them!
Atheists; Don't tell me what to do! I'll do what I want!
Those dang Christians... always telling us what to do, and what not to do!
Christians; Look... God don't like certain things, and IF you keep doing them, He's gonna send you to hell! Please stop!
Atheists; @$@&#@ you, and yer God!
Christians; Please don't pour gas on yerself...
Atheists; Don't tell us what to do!
Christians; Please don't light that match!
Atheists; Them Christians are just haters! Ska----doosh!
You've been warned, you've heard the word...
You cannot blame us, or God if you do not want Heaven...
you get whats left...
There is no door #3!
If we hated you... we would not tell you about Heaven!
If we hated you... We would not want you there!
This is exactly my point. Scarey stuff. Maybe try Love first, followed up with zero fear.:) K, Thankx Bye!
Lordy

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2012

Judged:

Believer wrote:
<quoted text>
A big Amen to this post.
See, this is the scarey stuff.... You give the lunatic props for wishing EVIL and FEARFUL events upon another human being.. Tisk tisk tisk..
Lordy

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2012

Judged:

I like an existence that is surrounded by loving things.. nothing with fear in anyone's heart. Why would any God use FEAR as a tactic to control the masses? LOL, "he don't, he uses love first, and then tells you the fearful stuff" <--really? Like Only Atheist doing abortions? Much like Christians, being the only one's who are going to Heaven huh? LAWL

Forgot about that.. Guess what folks, you MUST believe in Jesus, not another single deity, for that shall send you to the other God's miserable place for eternity... well, thats if, the God you worship allows Jesus and his dad to extradite you from you're God's clutches.. LOLOLOL BURN in HELL All you Jews and africans and Australians and Brits... For you do not know..*smh*

The story in the bible and other books sounds alot like a hyped up political fiasco ensuing 24/7 for the domination of the masses. Be content with love, it's all anyone needs.

“Memento mori”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2012

Judged:

Lordy wrote:
<quoted text>
This is exactly my point. Scarey stuff. Maybe try Love first, followed up with zero fear.:) K, Thankx Bye!
It's like what I have said before: he is essentially threatening people who believe something different from himself.

The way he talks about God makes me think of the guys you see on Court TV who kill someone because they won't go out with them. You know, the people who have the if-I-can't-have-you-nobody-can view.

"Oh, you'll not worship me or you'll worship other gods instead? To Hell with you."

Most of the Christians who come in here seem to disagree with YAA's methods (of course he doesn't care because he thinks his particular denomination is right and the others are wrong), but it's at least comforting to know that there are few who agree with him.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2012

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2012

Judged:

EssentialSalts wrote:
<quoted text>
It's like what I have said before: he is essentially threatening people who believe something different from himself.
The way he talks about God makes me think of the guys you see on Court TV who kill someone because they won't go out with them. You know, the people who have the if-I-can't-have-you-nobody-can view.
"Oh, you'll not worship me or you'll worship other gods instead? To Hell with you."
Most of the Christians who come in here seem to disagree with YAA's methods (of course he doesn't care because he thinks his particular denomination is right and the others are wrong), but it's at least comforting to know that there are few who agree with him.
TrueBeliever†

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2012

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You are being far to harsh... Myself I will need but One tiny small piece of Verifiable, Reproducible piece of evidence to give it consideration...
Agreed

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
This thread is still going?
Cool.
Yep

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2012

Judged:

Lordy wrote:
Just can not comprehend why Christians wish evil things to the non-believers! o.O
If it was the Atheist that was trying to condemn the believers, they would be considered 'terrorist' by now, and that's the honest truth.
Instead, they hold their positions correctly and the affirmation being displayed inevitably leads the Christians into trying to use mere words from a story to defend their status-quo! While the Atheist use diligence, intuition, intelligence and an 'Open-minded' to debate and refute the mysterious workings of a 'God'.
ANYONE that believes its acceptable for another human being to burn forever is a complete ass-hole. Period. I have NEVER wished or believed so hard for the destruction of another human being. It's a damn shame you idiots do. And you all get in circle-jerks and pray for it.. and this is OK??? Wow, I'm trying to understand why the 'Kool-aid' guy didn't just stick with yalls religion!?!?!?!? Inevitable destruction at every turn! o.O
Good post

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2012

Judged:

juggalo wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're going against what you said in a previous post where you stated that when its someone's time to die there is nothing anyone can do ...now you are saying that your death can be put off on something or someone else ...why do you keep contradicting yourself ??
TrueBeliever†

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2012

Judged:

EssentialSalts wrote:
<quoted text>
I only quoted two lines because it's just a never-ending mess of imbecilic conjecture (or dejecture).
But your pretend debate with an atheist is instantly nullified by the fact that you make it a point to say that atheists are the ones who are responsible for abortions. There are atheists who are anti-choice, just as there are religious people who are pro-choice. In fact, the very site you would spam links to had statistics that showed it's mostly religious women getting abortions. The same site you also said had "liberal lies" despite the fact that _you_ kept linking people to it.
What does someone being married have to do with abortions? You think that when people get married, they'll say "Oh, we're married, so we're automatically going to have a kid?" While there are fewer married women who have abortions, there are still some that do.
You go on to make these ridiculous generalization like atheists being interested in only gay sex and booze. It hurts to read your posts. You're woefully stupid. It's not even ignorance. Ignorance is when you are unaware of something. But when people correct you innumerable times and you still can't understand basic facts, you're just an idiot.
I think you're a hypocrite because you perform abortions every time you post on here. You abort the truth, knowledge, understanding and the English language.
You say that if you hated people you wouldn't tell them about heaven but your message is clearly filled with hatred. Every time you mention the afterlife, you are threatening people. "Guess where you're gonna go for not being delusional like me! Yeah that's right!"
If people like you go to heaven, then it is better to reign in Hell.
This is why we appreciate you "salts".

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2012

Judged:

juggalo wrote:
Or is it.... If I say it's 8:28am. yer gonna say it's 9:15pm?
It's strange that you would use that example since I haven't disagreed with you , I've only pointed out contradictions and asked you about them ..so its more like you say its 8:45 am ,10:26 pm, and 1:45 am all at 12:00 midnight and when asked about your contradictions you say its because atheists have abortions
Good post

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2012

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You are being far to harsh... Myself I will need but One tiny small piece of Verifiable, Reproducible piece of evidence to give it consideration...
I prefer Occam's Razor. Or the more forceful iteration of it. Let the evidence weigh in at least as strongly as the nature of the claim. Claiming there is a place where people are tortured forever is a HUUUUUUUGE claim and requires a metric f**kton of evidence to even begin to make it worth talking about.

Heck, first you'd have to demonstrate that a person can go on at all past death. No one has ever given reasonable evidence of that. On the contrary, the overwhelming evidence says we die and that's the end of the road. So there'd be nothing for all those little devils to poke at forever. lol
jebbus hippichristian

Charleston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2012

Judged:

Separation of church and state exists to protect people from being forced into a religion. Separation of church and state also protects peoples rights to practice religion. If you want to practice religion in school take your kid to one of the many private church schools that are located in the state, do not force it on people.

“Tesla”

Since: Jul 11

Los Altos Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

Judged:

The worlds richest Philanthropists are all atheist.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

Judged:

James Madison, principal author of the Constitution and our 4th President, was so committed to the idea of Church/State separation that he even resisted making any statements or addresses specifically for holidays. I think he did cave in and give some kind of holiday statement (Thanksgiving?) but later he said he regretted the decision as he felt it was outside the domain of his powers as President.

And yet there a lot of people running around today who claim the entire document was founded upon the Bible. It's shocking how ignorant people can be.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

Judged:

The Atheist 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the big believers the bible and god have made all things that are good. A fireman saves a child from a burning house and right away "god saved that little boy".
Too many people with mental issues and not enough medication!!!!
That sort of thing bugs me too. I've heard beloved family members make the same error in thinking. They hear of a person surviving a horrible car crash that killed everyone else and they say God was watching over them. My first reaction has always been to ask why he wasn't watching over the others too.

It gets back to the Problem of Suffering or the Problem of Evil, a philosophical issue that religion has never been able to deal with. If God is all power and all loving then why is there suffering?
Donna

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

Judged:

concerned wrote:
The danger in teaching the Bible is that this book has the power to create faith even in an atheist. If it is allowed to be taught there is a strong possibility someone could be converted to Jesus Christ. Under the current world views is it possible to allow such a powerful tool for good to be taught in public schools and that before the young minds of the future?
Well you are not very bright Lets see maybe thats what we want as Christians! For our children not to be led by non believers that are hell bound like your self. God can love you as well.
Donna

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

Judged:

Ok I am not a hater but I am a Christian and I am tired of being pushed aside for this crap we let Muslims pray 50 times a day to a non existent God at least in My eyes so why cant the Christians talk about Christ or study the bible? Who are you to think you are right if you are then why do we live in this sick world Hello ! How about some basic fundamentals for our kids to think upon? Or maybe think about some one other than them selves you are so selfish For God So Loved the World he Gave his only begotten son would you do that for me dont think so buddy so blow smoke some where else! Ohh a Christian that fights back sorry I have gay friends that bend over and that is their choice I still love them I do not hate them but I am not taking your ath_____ bs rectally anymore. I will only bend down on my knees for God and rarely my husband.
Donna

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

Judged:

Pray hard this morning Christians God is so near I love my life but dream of seeing him daily look up because soon we will have to fight.
Scream Jesus is Your Lord and he will hear you . He died for you with nails in his hands and feet painful awful death these jerk offs are feeder fish for Lucy if er.
Be strong in Christ Christians.
If you ever want to change he will forgive you. Me on the other hand just kidding .... Christians can have a little since of humor

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 76,341 - 76,360 of122,532
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

118 Users are viewing the London Forum right now

Search the London Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 11 min duh 81,189
Feds Back Down From Bundy Siege 12 min Ha Ha Ha 125
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 17 min Le Jimbo Doofus 138,319
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 38 min Whitehair Is Stupid 16,062
The Republican Party 40 min Laurel Patriot 78
I want a smart watch where do I get one at 1 hr LMAO 7
who is this guy that's grabbing women's faces p... 1 hr terril 3
•••

Freeze Warning for Laurel County was issued at April 16 at 3:24AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

London Jobs

•••
•••