'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments
44,921 - 44,940 of 146,284 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Hey

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

Any taxes will hurt the impoverished alot worse than the Middle Class,Concidering Middle Class is around $200,000.00 + a yr..

That's about ten times the income of most people in my neck of the woods..
frank

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

Chit Stain wrote:
<quoted text>Frank you gd basement dwelling lunatic ,come out into the light .Frank lusting for a gay Latino ,yes police need to check crack pipe parties . I say yes to your deportation .
Talk to Romney not me ... those are his words!
frank

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because YOU don't understand something doesn't mean it doesn't make sense!
Who said they were a political party. They threw seniors off the bus when they opted to support Obama in order to become one of his healthcare vendors. When seniors found this out, they dumped AARP by the bucketloads.
Why is everything so difficult for you to understand!!!
I merely point out your lies, gossip and innuendo none of which you can ever document

“"Who's happier than me?"”

Since: Oct 11

Brush mountain Ky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

Nerd Rage wrote:
<quoted text>
I use fact check and politifact all the time. I encourage anyone else to use it as well. I don't just go making up facts as I go nor would I quote some liberal newspaper unless I'm trying to make a point. They do rip Obama as much as anyone else and they tend to be a bit less biased then the majority news networks. Ya know, I don't just put the blame on Obama there are plenty of others to blame for the mess we're in but right now this is his presidency just as it were Bushes therefore he has to assume credit and critique.
You know there are newspapers with Conservative editorials
there are papers with liberal editorials.
There is Conservative radio stations which far out number any liberal radio station.
there are Conservative magazines by the droves and liberal magazines.
On the T.V. there's MS-NBC and FOX I don't know what CNN is and neither to they! Oh there are numerous conservative blogs and liberal ones too!
So don't come off with this lame stream media being liberal BIASED...
...It's just not true!
PBS actually gives a good news cast it's quite and you can hear people talk without someone trying to over talk them.
As far as the evening news cast they show mostly sound bites when it comes to the presidential race.
They will give details on real events like a forest fire in Colorado or something like that.
So give me an example of your liberal media bias if you want to convince me different!
whitehair

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

frank wrote:
<quoted text>
I merely point out your lies, gossip and innuendo none of which you can ever document
Frank,we don`t have to document O`s lies.They are there for all to know,hear ,and ackmowledge.
whitehair

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>
You know there are newspapers with Conservative editorials
there are papers with liberal editorials.
There is Conservative radio stations which far out number any liberal radio station.
there are Conservative magazines by the droves and liberal magazines.
On the T.V. there's MS-NBC and FOX I don't know what CNN is and neither to they! Oh there are numerous conservative blogs and liberal ones too!
So don't come off with this lame stream media being liberal BIASED...
...It's just not true!
PBS actually gives a good news cast it's quite and you can hear people talk without someone trying to over talk them.
As far as the evening news cast they show mostly sound bites when it comes to the presidential race.
They will give details on real events like a forest fire in Colorado or something like that.
So give me an example of your liberal media bias if you want to convince me different!
TOFU---Really tend to agree with you.I do think the media is somewhat biased ,however,not that any untruths can be seen,but it seems more they just do not print or say the things that stay quite and are not wanted out in the open.

We do have a newspaper in Lou.Ky. that is very biased and every one in Ky.will tell you it is a democratic paper.There probably are others for the other side but this is the only one available,so,you take what you can get.Called Courier-Journal.

Since: Aug 12

Dickson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>A wise guy!
Care to explain to the good folks on this thread why you hold that
position?
Or your disgusting mind thought!
care to explain why anyone would be pro Zionist

Dickson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>A wise guy!
Care to explain to the good folks on this thread why you hold that
position?
Or your disgusting mind thought!
further more I said nothing about Israel Jews or Zionist prior to your irrelevant question

Since: Jul 12

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

repubtards suck wrote:
<quoted text> the problem is with the companies these days its "check your spine at the door and get your back to work this country needs unions now more than ever! you just don't realize it YET!!!!
No, what this country needs, now more than anything, is for people with backbone to let loose of some of their money and invest in new companies, and new technologies, or expand the company they have, which is what Big Stevie, and Mrs. Big Stevie would like to do. Unfortunately, at the moment, we're not letting loose of anything because we don't know what the thief in the White House is going to do next.

Unions? Well, you're welcome to you own opinion, but unions never started a company. They've wrecked quite a few, though. In Big Stevie's world, you earn everything you have, and you contribute or you're gone. It's that simple. We need people who WANT to work; not people who simple go to work, join a union, and take whatever they can extort out of the company, every three to five years.

I told Tabby, as I will tell you: Big Stevie does not hate unions; he would just NOT be a member of one. There was a time when they were sorely needed. People were mistreated, overworked, underpaid, etc. Kind of like the coal mines. I'm not ignorant of the facts, but I think that, what with all the over-regulation, by the government that you Democrats love so much, there are enough rules, regulations, and laws to protect workers. All the unions exist for, these days, is to continually put the squeeze on the very ones who pay them.

Look at General Motors, and the Auto Workers! That's a prime example of what I'm talking about. It's not necessarily that they make a bad product, that drove them to grovel at the tit of the government, it was the fact that your union members were drawing so much from the company, in the form of "benefits," that they finally collapsed, like the old Soviet Union, of the weight of their own obligations. They were paying out more than they were bringing in. Hell, look at that atrocious Chevy Volt. It cost $50,000, didn't work worth a shit, and now has been discontinued. Sadly, I see more new-looking Chevy/GMC trucks broken down on the side of the road, these days, than any other brand.

Hey, unions? You can have 'em. Mrs. Big Stevie, and yours truly, treat our employees well. We pay the far above the wage they would get doing the same thing elsewhere. We provide health insurance (BCBS) to them, and pay 75% of their premium so that they can afford to have it! We give them more than the national average in holidays, and they get two weeks' paid vacation at the end of their first year. Why do we treat them like this? It's because they are good. If not for their dedication, we wouldn't have a company, and we know it. Hell, we even give them the day off, for their particular holidays, Juneteenth, Cinco de Mayo, and whatever the Vietnamese get, I forget at the moment.

So, not only am I not in favor of unions, my friend, I'm an example of why we don't need them. Oh, I know that not all run their companies like we do, but the employee has a choice; they can stay, or if they don't like it, they can go find a job they do like. They have a choice! Out of the 12-15 employee we have, the one with the lowest seniority has been with us for over six years, and several of them from the very beginning, in 1999.

So you see, Big Stevie not only talks the talk, he walks the walk.
firstofthemonthe r

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

firstofthemonther wrote:
I want B able to watch the debate, I have a Blocker on Fox News, very dangerous Facsist Propaganda Channel, I really dislike the way they try to use Relegion in Politics, U should pray in secret, if I have learned anything in 62yrs of living the people that run around with Jesus on their sleeve, are the ones U better watch out for! by the way Jesus was a Democrat!!!
The American people need to learn to question everything,or ask (WHY) things are like they are. The Truth is becoming a rare Commodity. What jumps out to me is that KY really dosnt matter in the Electorial College, only the senators, I think if we have learned anything How important the Senate is, the Republicans sure do! they used Obama Care in the wave election of 2010, now they are getting Booed when they bring it up!! it is amazing to me that Life and Death is detirmined by how much money U have, have people noticed that after 4 yrs they cant B spacific about what they dont like about Obama Care, that they are representing the Insurance Companys but if U look at the big picture, America is in decline, they are just rearanging chairs on the Titanic. I think the No1 issue that in this Great Recession is the inequality the top 10% are making Record Profits, whe shouldnt B surprized, Ross Peroe predicted what would happen when they signed the Free Trade Agreement, I think they are using their attack on Social Programs to cover up the real issues, have they ever had a conversasion with the american people about Free Trade!
firstofthemonthe r

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
TOFU---Really tend to agree with you.I do think the media is somewhat biased ,however,not that any untruths can be seen,but it seems more they just do not print or say the things that stay quite and are not wanted out in the open.
We do have a newspaper in Lou.Ky. that is very biased and every one in Ky.will tell you it is a democratic paper.There probably are others for the other side but this is the only one available,so,you take what you can get.Called Courier-Journal.
Havnt U noticed that they use reverse sycology,example CLASS WAREFARE,Liberal Media, I will never forgive the Neo Conservtives for what they have done to this country, their Hatred for this President,from day one, I have never seen such disrespect as they have shown him, DO U SUPPORT ISRIAL, is another code, America has always supported Isrial, they will never B satisfied till we declare War on everyone in the middle east.

Brush mountain Ky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll agree with you on that whitehair.
But where I live if I go and pick-up 5 maybe 6 local small town papers
the editorial seem to have been written by Rush Limbaugh himself.
Now i don't know if they really feel this way or they're telling the local people what they what to hear/read..no what I mean?

Brush mountain Ky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

Gods shoeshine wrote:
<quoted text>
care to explain why anyone would be pro Zionist
Just curious...stranger...you seem maybe to be Arabic leaning!
You against Israel being a state?
culture vulture

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

Nerd Rage wrote:
<quoted text>
I use fact check and politifact all the time. I encourage anyone else to use it as well. I don't just go making up facts as I go nor would I quote some liberal newspaper unless I'm trying to make a point. They do rip Obama as much as anyone else and they tend to be a bit less biased then the majority news networks. Ya know, I don't just put the blame on Obama there are plenty of others to blame for the mess we're in but right now this is his presidency just as it were Bushes therefore he has to assume credit and critique.
I agree with this being his presidency, and , indeed his problems. But it took 15 years for this country to dig out of the Great Depression, so the notion that someone, anyone, can fix this situation in 1 term or 2 or even 3 is very naive. You've got more people looking for fewer jobs [thanks to that Great Bi-partisan Folly, NAFTA], obstructionism and bi-partisan dragging of feet on this and that, and a complete and utter denial of any sense of need to act on anything. I wish there were some way, right now, to feather -and- tar every damn member of Congress and ride them out of Washington and start over. And, please, no harking of the Tea Party, they're just as bad as the rest of them. Anyone who thinks they don't have their own spoiled agenda is just plain old naive or stupid.
Are You Kidding

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

culture vulture wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with this being his presidency, and , indeed his problems. But it took 15 years for this country to dig out of the Great Depression, so the notion that someone, anyone, can fix this situation in 1 term or 2 or even 3 is very naive. You've got more people looking for fewer jobs [thanks to that Great Bi-partisan Folly, NAFTA], obstructionism and bi-partisan dragging of feet on this and that, and a complete and utter denial of any sense of need to act on anything. I wish there were some way, right now, to feather -and- tar every damn member of Congress and ride them out of Washington and start over. And, please, no harking of the Tea Party, they're just as bad as the rest of them. Anyone who thinks they don't have their own spoiled agenda is just plain old naive or stupid.
I agree. It took decades to get in this mess and I have never blamed Obama for all of our problems. My problem with Obama is that he was so arrogant to think he could fix it in one term. Back in Febuary 2009 he told Today Show host Matt Lauer that hed be a one-term president if he didnt fix the economy in three years. Who would make such a statement??????

Since: Sep 10

Perris, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! You have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed again.Bad night?Head hurt fron all the booze consumed?It still has you in a be-fuddled state.The left wing has swung against your head and brain til it must hurt!
We all know,but wish,Obama would be fictional and would just phase away!!!Every thing so far that he has done has been a failure or has been a mistake.
...yes, he is trying to recover from all that obama-juice!! it will leave a large headache!! called reality!!
culture vulture

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. It took decades to get in this mess and I have never blamed Obama for all of our problems. My problem with Obama is that he was so arrogant to think he could fix it in one term. Back in Febuary 2009 he told Today Show host Matt Lauer that hed be a one-term president if he didnt fix the economy in three years. Who would make such a statement??????
I believe the gist of the message was ,'I give the American voters leave to remove me from office if I haven't fixed this'. I shudder to think what the mess would be like had John'I vote with George W. Bush 95% of the time' McCain been elected. I do believe in my heart that we're better off with Obama than McCain, as bad as that is. We're looking at as much as 20 years of recovery, regardless of who is in there.
firstofthemonthe r

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

just wondering wrote:
cards fan must belong to the foodstamp party reason he hates fox. Its a shame the democrats can not stand the truth when its told to them if you to sorry to work or have a government job then you love the democrats, how people in this area can back a party that wants to triple our electric and gas bills is beyond me sound like they hugged one tree to many. Reason fox is hosting it is because no one but the democrats watch the other networks so they want hear the truth just the same old crap they been feeding everyone for years.
Wow did I just cu use Fox News and the truth in the same sentence, that is almost as bad a using Sarah Palin as an authority on JESUS!! The No 1 problem this country is faceing is STUPID PEOPLE and U just cant fix stupid!!!!!
Are You Kidding

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

culture vulture wrote:
<quoted text>I believe the gist of the message was ,'I give the American voters leave to remove me from office if I haven't fixed this'. I shudder to think what the mess would be like had John'I vote with George W. Bush 95% of the time' McCain been elected. I do believe in my heart that we're better off with Obama than McCain, as bad as that is. We're looking at as much as 20 years of recovery, regardless of who is in there.
Obama quote from the beginning of his presidency, early 2009:

"You know, a year from now, I think people are going to see that we're starting to make some progress but there is still going to be some pain out there. If I don't have this done in three years, then there's going to be a one-term proposition."

That seems like arrogance to me. Who would ever think you could "have this done" in three years or even four????

Dickson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>Just curious...stranger...you seem maybe to be Arabic leaning!
You against Israel being a state?
I have no problem with any soviergn nation existing I have a problem with my money and my blood dieing for Israel's wars and I can't stand Sadi Arabia I like Persians and I've never meet a India Indian I didn't like same with just about any ethnic group Zionist isn't a race it's a racist violent movement

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

88 Users are viewing the London Forum right now

Search the London Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Times Are Getting Bad, We're Losing More Freedoms 24 min truth 229
Stop Odumba WAR ON COAL 29 min truth 87
need to know what date school supplies are give... 50 min So far so good 2
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 56 min Listen Up 26,188
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr SNYB 128,663
Jesse Taylor (Jun '10) 1 hr Truth 14
Illegal immagrants 2 hr Well 231
•••
•••
•••
•••

London Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••