Comments
1 - 20 of 55 Comments Last updated Jul 27, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
question

Gilbert, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jul 21, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Can anyone give a biblical answer from the Word of God?

[What must I do to be saved?]
just saying

Belfry, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jul 21, 2012
 

Judged:

1

John 3:16.....For God so love the world, that he gave His only begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER believes in Him, shall not perish but have everlasting life. Ask Jesus to forgive you from your sins and come into your heart.remember, we all are sinners saved by God's grace. I pray you give your life to Jesus, and find a good church. First Baptist McConell is a Bible teaching church and a great bunch of people. God bless you.
hope to help

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 21, 2012
 

Judged:

1

question wrote:
Can anyone give a biblical answer from the Word of God?
[What must I do to be saved?]
psalms 51:1-13
confess your sins to God, with a broken spirit and a contrite heart.
be baptized.

(humble yourself as Christ humbled himself)
philippians 2:1-15

find a church where the word of God is preached, go where you feel led to go, study the word of God faithfully, it will become your strength, your fears, whatever they may be, will be relieved.

the path may be hard (trials), the rewards, wonderful.

in all things, do them faithfully, study, attend church.
question

Gilbert, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 21, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Mark 16:16
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

2 conditions here to be saved...[believe and be baptized]
question

Gilbert, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Acts 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

How were they baptized? What words were used?[in the name of Jesus Christ]
RTE 44

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Four out of five dentists recommend Trident, but ten out of every ten people die. We are all part of this ultimate statistic. Have you ever wondered what happens after someone dies? The Bible tells us in Hebrews 9:27 that we are all appointed to die and then face judgment. This judgment is for sin (disobedience to God's laws). The Bible declares in Romans 3:23 that all have sinned and come short of God's glory. Our sins separate us from God, who is holy and righteous. Through our God-given conscience, the 10 Commandments reveal sin to us. We know that it's wrong to lie, steal, commit adultery, murder, and use God's name in vain.

As a righteous judge, God cannot overlook disobedience to His laws. The judgment for anyone who dies in their sins will be eternal separation from God in a fiery place of torment called Hell. However, we can escape this judgment and inherit eternal life in Heaven because the Son of God, Jesus Christ, took the judgment for mankind's sins upon Himself as He gave His life on the Cross at Calvary. Three days later, Jesus rose from the dead and is alive forevermore. Jesus Christ is the only one to walk this earth without breaking any commandments (Hebrews 4:15). The sinless blood that Jesus shed on the Cross washes away sin and is the only payment for our violation of Godís laws. We cannot earn our way to Heaven; good deeds do not outweigh bad deeds. We need the righteousness of Christ in order to be acceptable to God. John 3:16 says that God sacrificed His Son for the entire world. Regardless of things like wealth or status in life, everyone needs Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.

Eternal salvation is ONLY obtained by receiving Jesus Christ into your heart by faith. Call upon Him in prayer, believing that He is the Son of God who died and rose again for your sins. Confess to Jesus that youíre a sinner. Ask Him to come into your heart and forgive you, and repent (turn away) from all sin. Tell others about your trust in Jesus as your Savior, be baptized, and make Him the Lord of your life as you live by faith in Him and obedience to the Bible.

James 4:14 says that life is like a vapor; it exists for a short time and then vanishes. There is no promise of tomorrow. Receive Christ today and be prepared to meet Him when your appointed time with death comes.
RTE 44

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jul 22, 2012
 
Eternity:

Mount Everest, the tallest mountain on earth, is 5.5 miles high. If you could remove only one teaspoon of dirt from the mountain every 1,000 years, the 1st second of eternity would not have even started by the time the mountain was completely gone.

There are over 7 billion (that's 7,000,000,000) people on earth. If every hair on every person's head stood for one century, all this amount of time would still not be as long as the 1st second of eternity.

CHRIST THOUGHT THAT YOU WERE WORTH HIM BEING MOCKED, PUNCHED, SPIT UPON, BEATEN, GETTING HIS BEARD PULLED OUT, CRUCIFIED, AND STABBED IN HIS SIDE WITH A SPEAR. HE IS WORTH LIVING FOR.
question

Gilbert, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 22, 2012
 
are the ten commandments part of the new testament/covenant?
RTE 44

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jul 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

question wrote:
are the ten commandments part of the new testament/covenant?
See where Jesus used them to reach the young ruler in Mark 10:17-22. Jesus points out the adultery of the woman at the well in John 4. Ephesians 4:28 says, "let him that stole steal no more."

Revelation 21:8 "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers (though shalt not kill), and whoremongers (thou shalt not commit adultery), and sorcerers, and idolaters (thou shalt have no other gods before Me), and all liars (thou shalt not bear false witness), shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."

I Corinthians 6:9-10 "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God."
RTE 44

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jul 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

People get hung up on the "we're not under the law, but under grace" thing. Those who repent (turn away) from their sins and receive Christ as Lord and Savior by faith are no longer under the curse of the law, which says none are righteous. As for the Law of God (the Commandments), these are instilled in all people because the Lord wrote them on the tables of our hearts, giving us a conscience to know these things are wrong. John 1:9, speaking of Jesus, says He lights every man that comes into the world--with this knowledge. Paul said in Romans 7:7 that he had not known sin, but by the law.

The commandments reveal sin to us. That's the real reason these ungodly people don't want the 10 Commandments in public. They remind them that what they have done or are doing is wrong.

If we are to repent from our sins, which the New Testamaent is clear about, in order to receive salvation, one needs to understand that they've sinned. The Commandments will bring this understanding. Who hasn't told a lie?

“I could be Susan's sock!”

Level 8

Since: Jun 12

Lady J's Lead Acolyte

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

LOLOLOL

Saved from what? Paying taxes, sorry, not going to happen.
question

Gilbert, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jul 22, 2012
 
RTE 44 wrote:
<quoted text>
See where Jesus used them to reach the young ruler in Mark 10:17-22. Jesus points out the adultery of the woman at the well in John 4. Ephesians 4:28 says, "let him that stole steal no more."
Revelation 21:8 "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers (though shalt not kill), and whoremongers (thou shalt not commit adultery), and sorcerers, and idolaters (thou shalt have no other gods before Me), and all liars (thou shalt not bear false witness), shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."
I Corinthians 6:9-10 "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God."
What is the law of commandments contained in ordinances?

Ephesians 2:15
Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
Rhabbi

Williamson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 22, 2012
 
What about the Jews? Are they going to Heaven? They don't believe that Jesus died for their sins, so does that mean they are going to Hell? Please answer...
question

Gilbert, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jul 22, 2012
 
Rhabbi wrote:
What about the Jews? Are they going to Heaven? They don't believe that Jesus died for their sins, so does that mean they are going to Hell? Please answer...
Matthew 10:33
But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:
John 3:15-18
15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
question

Gilbert, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jul 22, 2012
 
RTE 44 wrote:
<quoted text>
See where Jesus used them to reach the young ruler in Mark 10:17-22. Jesus points out the adultery of the woman at the well in John 4. Ephesians 4:28 says, "let him that stole steal no more."
Revelation 21:8 "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers (though shalt not kill), and whoremongers (thou shalt not commit adultery), and sorcerers, and idolaters (thou shalt have no other gods before Me), and all liars (thou shalt not bear false witness), shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."
I Corinthians 6:9-10 "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God."
law of Moses or law of Christ?
Romans

Midkiff, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jul 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Romans 10:9
That if thou shall confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart tha God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Draper King

Man, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jul 22, 2012
 
first! yu got to "believe" in his "name".
Draper King

Man, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jul 22, 2012
 
try contemporary english version holy bible. it well help ya.
question

Gilbert, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jul 22, 2012
 
Romans wrote:
Romans 10:9
That if thou shall confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart tha God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

1 Peter 3:21
The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
question

Gilbert, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jul 22, 2012
 
Rhabbi wrote:
What about the Jews? Are they going to Heaven? They don't believe that Jesus died for their sins, so does that mean they are going to Hell? Please answer...
John 3:36

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

47 Users are viewing the Logan Forum right now

Search the Logan Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 2 min Mgtn Res 54,386
dating 4 min USA 2
Now hiring @ Giovanni's Logan 22 min one who knows 14
Where can you get help to get your teeth fixed! (Jan '13) 4 hr Michael ripley 20
kim saetell (Oct '10) 7 hr WAJ 10
hows your spy phone 10 hr all phones 5
Shoplifter 11 hr Phillip 1
board of education 12 hr Well 51
WVSP prostitution sting in Logan area results i... (Jun '13) 15 hr Wv Girl 48
Mountain Laurel Final week approaching Thu Agree 6
Chief Logan Park Wed Dirt McGirt 29
•••
•••
•••
Logan Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Logan Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Logan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Logan News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Logan
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••