Healthcare UPHELD by Supreme Court

Posted in the Logan Forum

Comments (Page 26)

Showing posts 501 - 520 of678
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 10

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#574
Jul 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Kramers Attorney wrote:
<quoted text>Spot on.
CINCINNATI (AP)— Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s campaign pitched in Sunday on storm relief efforts in Ohio, where severe storms and high winds knocked out power to nearly a million people and a state of emergency was declared.
Spokesman Chris Maloney said the state campaign headquarters in Columbus was open Sunday for donations of water, flashlights, non-perishable foods and other items. A Romney bus that’s in Ohio this week for campaign office openings will be diverted Monday and Tuesday to deliver supplies to shelters, fire stations and churches in hard-hit areas.
“This is about helping people in their time of need,” Maloney said, calling the effort apolitical.
Both WW's post on Obama doing nothing and yours on Romney rolling up his sleeves gives me pause about my firm commitment to vote 3rd party. This is going to be a close election, I didn't see much of a difference between the two until now, I'll have to keep my eyes open.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#575
Jul 8, 2012
 
Unintended consequences part two.

Since the insurance companies have to spend 80% of the premiums they collect on services, they may be looking for ways to cut their administrative costs. Outsourcing might be a possibility. I wonder how much they could save by farming out some or even most of this work overseas. I wonder how many Americans will lose jobs as a result.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#576
Jul 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

VAdoc wrote:
<quoted text>
And the earned income credit is highly abused and you admit to it that the people who receive it, immediately spend it. So they don't save the extra money, they spend it in frivolous items such as tv's, blu ray players, movies, etc.
Where I grew up several people would work part time at a job long enough to know they could get the EIC, but not enough to lose their free assistance or Medicaid, then quit and collect a 4-6k check at refund time.
Again I stand by my plan that if we are paying for your rent (HUD), your food (EBT cards/food stamps), you and your family's healthcare (Medicaid), why should you be given a refund? You should owe that money back to the fed and the state for your free ride you received.
Maybe if we weren't supporting so many debates, we could give help to more working poor lower middle class folks working and living paycheck to paycheck. The current system is a race to the bottom because we have no rewarded people to do the least possible and they know they will get a better life than those who do work.
In addition, I'd like to see the dollar value of the benefits one receives counted as income, both for tax purposes and for eligibility for additional benefits.
VAdoc

Aiken, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#577
Jul 8, 2012
 
TonyD2 wrote:
Unintended consequences part two.
Since the insurance companies have to spend 80% of the premiums they collect on services, they may be looking for ways to cut their administrative costs. Outsourcing might be a possibility. I wonder how much they could save by farming out some or even most of this work overseas. I wonder how many Americans will lose jobs as a result.
I don't know about you, but I don't like my social security number handled by folks overseas in areas that are so involved in terrorist activities.
Female

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#578
Jul 8, 2012
 

Judged:

3

1

1

What is the big concern over Obama Care? The only people affected are those that do not have any heath care ins. and can afford it. It is a penalty when you file for your incometax. This assures that everyone is covered by heath ins. You can also keep the ins. you have if you do not want to change. If you can not afford ins. there are many exemptions.

Since: Apr 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#579
Jul 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Female wrote:
What is the big concern over Obama Care? The only people affected are those that do not have any heath care ins. and can afford it. It is a penalty when you file for your incometax. This assures that everyone is covered by heath ins. You can also keep the ins. you have if you do not want to change. If you can not afford ins. there are many exemptions.
There are TONS of people who exceed the limits for Medicaid and can't afford insurance.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#580
Jul 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Kosmik wrote:
<quoted text>
Both WW's post on Obama doing nothing and yours on Romney rolling up his sleeves gives me pause about my firm commitment to vote 3rd party. This is going to be a close election, I didn't see much of a difference between the two until now, I'll have to keep my eyes open.
There is nothing worse than seeing the elderly and those with chronic illnesses suffering while seeing TV reports of Obama grinning and shaking hands at local restaurants in a campaign bin. Working folks can't afford hotels or a lot of meals out, they lost freezer goods that they had purchased on sale to carefully budget meals...then come to find out the little assistance available is not available to them because they are *gasp* working at lower wage jobs because they are trying, just trying, putting one foot in front of the other and trying to do what they think is right...and then when they're at a local facility trying to breathe, what do they see? Obama campaigning in Ohio doing nothing except making statements! Anything he would do now would be too litle, too late. Really, Democrats, you have nothing to be proud of right now. Nothing.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#581
Jul 8, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Female wrote:
What is the big concern over Obama Care? The only people affected are those that do not have any heath care ins. and can afford it. It is a penalty when you file for your incometax. This assures that everyone is covered by heath ins. You can also keep the ins. you have if you do not want to change. If you can not afford ins. there are many exemptions.
Either you are incredibly ignorant or just trolling for reaction. Either way, you don't deserve a response.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#582
Jul 8, 2012
 
TonyD2 wrote:
Unintended consequences part two.
Since the insurance companies have to spend 80% of the premiums they collect on services, they may be looking for ways to cut their administrative costs. Outsourcing might be a possibility. I wonder how much they could save by farming out some or even most of this work overseas. I wonder how many Americans will lose jobs as a result.
Tony, do some research. Most insurance companies WERE at this benchmark. It's the publicity that made people think most weren't.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#583
Jul 8, 2012
 
Kramers Attorney wrote:
<quoted text>Spot on.
CINCINNATI (AP)— Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s campaign pitched in Sunday on storm relief efforts in Ohio, where severe storms and high winds knocked out power to nearly a million people and a state of emergency was declared.
Spokesman Chris Maloney said the state campaign headquarters in Columbus was open Sunday for donations of water, flashlights, non-perishable foods and other items. A Romney bus that’s in Ohio this week for campaign office openings will be diverted Monday and Tuesday to deliver supplies to shelters, fire stations and churches in hard-hit areas.
“This is about helping people in their time of need,” Maloney said, calling the effort apolitical.
I've been really busy and haven't had a chance to read much more than headlines. Link, please?

Since: Apr 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#584
Jul 8, 2012
 

Judged:

2

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been really busy and haven't had a chance to read much more than headlines. Link, please?
http://www.onntv.com/content/stories/2012/07/...
http://www.toledoblade.com/State/2012/07/01/R...
http://www.cleveland.com/newsflash/index.ssf/...

Obama needs to be hit hard with this.
Female

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#585
Jul 8, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Citizens who make less than $29.5k will now have complete health care coverage at NO charge to themselves. Insurance companies can no longer deny coverage for anyone with pre-exisitng conditions. If you make over $29k then you have to get health insurance or pay a "tax". There is no more freeloading by those who refuse to get health insurance either thru employer paid plan or personal plan. Are you saying this is something bad?

Since: Apr 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#586
Jul 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Female wrote:
Citizens who make less than $29.5k will now have complete health care coverage at NO charge to themselves. Insurance companies can no longer deny coverage for anyone with pre-exisitng conditions. If you make over $29k then you have to get health insurance or pay a "tax". There is no more freeloading by those who refuse to get health insurance either thru employer paid plan or personal plan. Are you saying this is something bad?
Do you have a clue how little $30k is in NYC, Boston and San Francisco?
Of course not...you live in Chillicothe.

Since: Apr 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#587
Jul 8, 2012
 
Female wrote:
Citizens who make less than $29.5k will now have complete health care coverage at NO charge to themselves. Insurance companies can no longer deny coverage for anyone with pre-exisitng conditions. If you make over $29k then you have to get health insurance or pay a "tax". There is no more freeloading by those who refuse to get health insurance either thru employer paid plan or personal plan. Are you saying this is something bad?
Let's see a link.
Female

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#588
Jul 8, 2012
 
Good for Romney giving to the storm relief. After all he is a billionair. That still doesn't change my mind.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#589
Jul 8, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

Kramers Attorney wrote:
Thank you. Elderly folks DIED while he mugged for the cameras while campaigning in Ohio and yes, he absolutely should be held accountable for this. He should have acted as President first and put his campaigning on hold. But then, this IS the president who wants you to put his election campaign on your gift registries so that people can choose to donate to him as your wedding gift rather than get you something.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#590
Jul 8, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

Female wrote:
Citizens who make less than $29.5k will now have complete health care coverage at NO charge to themselves. Insurance companies can no longer deny coverage for anyone with pre-exisitng conditions. If you make over $29k then you have to get health insurance or pay a "tax". There is no more freeloading by those who refuse to get health insurance either thru employer paid plan or personal plan. Are you saying this is something bad?
Lie #1:

Citizens who make less than $29.5k will now have complete health care coverage at NO charge to themselves.

No need to read any further. You got the pre-existing right, but that's about it.

Clue #1:

Citizens who make less than $29.5K through a private employer (and most folks' insurance is through an employer) qualify for NO subsidies assuming that their premium rate for a single person is 9.5% of the gross - even if the family rate is a higher percentage.

You are the reason I advocate political knowledge tests before voting.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#591
Jul 8, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. Elderly folks DIED while he mugged for the cameras while campaigning in Ohio and yes, he absolutely should be held accountable for this. He should have acted as President first and put his campaigning on hold. But then, this IS the president who wants you to put his election campaign on your gift registries so that people can choose to donate to him as your wedding gift rather than get you something.
What is it you wanted him to do?

Mug for the cameras while delivering the FEMA check?

Since: Sep 10

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#592
Jul 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing worse than seeing the elderly and those with chronic illnesses suffering while seeing TV reports of Obama grinning and shaking hands at local restaurants in a campaign bin. Working folks can't afford hotels or a lot of meals out, they lost freezer goods that they had purchased on sale to carefully budget meals...then come to find out the little assistance available is not available to them because they are *gasp* working at lower wage jobs because they are trying, just trying, putting one foot in front of the other and trying to do what they think is right...and then when they're at a local facility trying to breathe, what do they see? Obama campaigning in Ohio doing nothing except making statements! Anything he would do now would be too litle, too late. Really, Democrats, you have nothing to be proud of right now. Nothing.
Obama deservedly should get a bad rap on this. Thanks to both you and KA for putting up both sides.

Oddly enough, as horrible a President he was, I always admired Jimmy Carter for jumping right in and splintering his hands.

You are absolutely correct about the Dems having no reason for pride in this. Even if Mitt's actions were calculated it was exactly the right thing to do. Doing the right thing is always right, even when it's not. I frowned upon Bush's flyover and really bumbling inaction in the aftermath of Katrina. This ranks right up there alongside it.

Since: Apr 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#593
Jul 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Female wrote:
Good for Romney giving to the storm relief. After all he is a billionair. That still doesn't change my mind.
Obama is worth $10,000,000 at a minimum. He didn't help, did he? Nope. He drank beer, ran his mouth and begged for money.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 501 - 520 of678
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Logan Discussions

Search the Logan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Is Nevada rancher a freeloader? 23 min TonyD2 147
Muslim Drivers 24 min Big Johnson 10
Columbus Nightclub Days,East Dallas,AAfter The ... (Mar '10) 47 min AFTER THE GOLD RUSH 53
what is your favorite cell phone brand? 1 hr Big Johnson 2
220 marines died thanks to Obama! 1 hr Pope Che Reagan Christ I 2
why is chelsea clinton so ugly? 1 hr nominated_1 21
Congress Cost FYI 1 hr Pope Che Reagan Christ I 39
•••
•••
•••
•••

Logan Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Logan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••