Suicidal man slashes throat after chase

May 8, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Buffalo News

A Lockport man took his own life, cutting his own throat, this morning in front of a home on Roosevelt Drive, near Hoover Parkway, after a foot chase down Lincoln Avenue.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Gene

Lockport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2012

Judged:

Priceless! See ya punk!
Ryan

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2012

Judged:

Gene wrote:
Priceless! See ya punk!
Gene,

You are a heartless person. Josh loses his brother John a few years ago and you leave a senseless post like that.

Have a little remorse
Gene

Lockport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2012

Judged:

Ryan wrote:
<quoted text>
Gene,
You are a heartless person. Josh loses his brother John a few years ago and you leave a senseless post like that.
Have a little remorse
Evidently you have no idea of his activities. Like someone else said on another comment board; if he didn't do it he knew someone else was going to & then it would have been slower & a LOT more painful. He was paranaoid/scitzo, for good reason...he knew it was gonna happen.
Brian

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2012

Judged:

Gene wrote:
Priceless! See ya punk!

Get a life gene. And have some respect !!
Matt

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2012

Judged:

He has a grieving family you piece of s h i t. I wish nothing but the worst for you.
JMS

Lockport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2012

Judged:

I can't believe the people who think that a life lost is a positive thing.

We all have demons. We all have ups and downs....just some more than others.

One thing is certain...people loved Josh. His family loved him most of all. They are still thinking of the little boy playing in the yard. They are still thinking of the kid who loved wrestling. They are still thinking of the little boy in a man's body who was hurting after the loss of his brother in a tragic accident. They remember the things about Josh that made them laugh. They remember the pictures he brought home from school and the gifts he gave at Christmas. They will see the cards he sent and realize there won't be more.

How dare you celebrate the death of another person who was so loved. I hope it never happens to you or anyone that you love, because I wouldn't wish that kind of pain on anyone. Even one so low as those of you who have so little regard.

I knew Josh. I knew Jon. I grew up with them all right down the street. I know that Josh was a good guy in his heart. I know he struggled. My heart is with his family. No one should have to bury a child, much less two children. No one should bury their two brothers and be aware that they are the only one left. No one.

I hope that Josh is finally at peace, and that the demons and dark thoughts that chased him left him in those final moments. I hope he wasn't in the presence of mind to understand and comprehend what was happening. I hope it was peaceful and delirious and beautiful in it's own way. I hope that Josh knows there is a world full of people that care about him down here. I hope he knows that we all wished he'd contacted one of us first, let us talk to him, tell him we care about him in person...but that's neither here nor there now.

Rest in Peace, Josh Verity. I hope the angels and Jon were there to greet you in peace, love, and light.
whyME

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

Judged:

Ha Ha Ha
Just me

Lockport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

Judged:

Well, what can ya say about a strung out heroin addict running down a busy street at 9:30 in the morning in his underwear while stabbing himself in the neck with a butcher knife??? Now those people gotta clean the mess off of their driveway. Nice. NOT! Gotta love Lockport!
Hank

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

Judged:

I didn't know Josh but this is a very tragic event...my deepest sympathy to all who knew him.
Stephanie

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

Judged:

Please out of respect for his friends and family: Do what your mothers taught you and keep it to yourself if you have nothing nice to say. Do you seriously think it sounds cool to others reading this to see your disrespectful, mis-spelled, unfounded comments? Lets behave ourselves shall we?
kmh12211

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

Judged:

I think its disgusting that people can sit her and bash a dead person. I was friends with his brother Jon. This country is full of people with drug problems and when they get out of hand this happens. I hope he can be in peace now with his brother. He has family who loves him no matter what so all your rude comment don't mean shit. What's more disgusting is Jon has a daughter and right now she is too young to understand but one day she may happen to type her uncles name in the search engine and see this bullshit. Sickening
i love you josh

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

RIP josh we will miss you.
Gene

Lockport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2012

Matt wrote:
He has a grieving family you piece of s h i t. I wish nothing but the worst for you.
I have a family too. HAD a beautiful niece. No more & I blame Josh. Deal with it.
JMS

Lockport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2012

Gene wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a family too. HAD a beautiful niece. No more & I blame Josh. Deal with it.
Because blaming him is going to do what, exactly? Accidents happen. And what if it was her fault?

The point is, bad things happen. We don't wish for them, we can't predict them, and we can't blame anyone for them. Take it up with whatever god you night believe in, and move on. Get counseling. Why would you rejoice that someone else suffers the way you suffer? The Verity's already lost a son, and now they've lost the other. Don't be so damn selfish. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Gene

Lockport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2012

JMS wrote:
<quoted text>
Because blaming him is going to do what, exactly? Accidents happen. And what if it was her fault?
The point is, bad things happen. We don't wish for them, we can't predict them, and we can't blame anyone for them. Take it up with whatever god you night believe in, and move on. Get counseling. Why would you rejoice that someone else suffers the way you suffer? The Verity's already lost a son, and now they've lost the other. Don't be so damn selfish. You should be ashamed of yourself.
I agree. All I did on another site was say a short opinion and here we are. I do HATE it for Josh's mother & family but it's all done. NOW THEY have to go to his funeral tomorrow. I know it was just a few years ago with John. I couldn't imagine. I didn't do this, Josh did. Now, I am turning this off for the night.
Gene

Lockport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2012

This site. This chit is getting me chucked up.
In LP

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2012

How can anyone be so cruel to post some of what is on here mayb if he hadn't have had to hear what those on here are saying in the short time since the accident mayb he would still b here 2day...in times of tradgey we are supposed to reach out to one another and cope together not place blame I hope those who have said hurtful tings to him realize they ma have been he last thing he heard that pushed him over the edge mab thats why he didn't feel that there was anyone to turn to...
may God have mercy on those who have so much hate in their lives...
R.I.P Josh u will b missed by so many
Tocco

Lockport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2012

Ya know what... I knew Christina and I knew josh. Both in and out of their problems. The problems they faced we're problems that existed in each of them long before being introduced to each other. The ignorance that I keep reading here is making me sick. I have seen many of my friends buried to the disease of addiction and until u or anyone else that has something to say in regards to someone's problems perhaps you should educate yourself. Because all of the comments and blame throwing you are doing is making yourself look ridiculous. Again I knew them both very well and cared for both of them. To have their lives lost is a horrid thing but they are both in a place that they each chose to be so what we really need to focus on is believing that they are free from the darkness and finally at peace. And perhaps we should start working on moving forward and holding a hand out to another person just like them so that their families don't have to feel what we feel..
Butterfly

Rensselaer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2012

JMS wrote:
I can't believe the people who think that a life lost is a positive thing.
We all have demons. We all have ups and downs....just some more than others.
One thing is certain...people loved Josh. His family loved him most of all. They are still thinking of the little boy playing in the yard. They are still thinking of the kid who loved wrestling. They are still thinking of the little boy in a man's body who was hurting after the loss of his brother in a tragic accident. They remember the things about Josh that made them laugh. They remember the pictures he brought home from school and the gifts he gave at Christmas. They will see the cards he sent and realize there won't be more.
How dare you celebrate the death of another person who was so loved. I hope it never happens to you or anyone that you love, because I wouldn't wish that kind of pain on anyone. Even one so low as those of you who have so little regard.
I knew Josh. I knew Jon. I grew up with them all right down the street. I know that Josh was a good guy in his heart. I know he struggled. My heart is with his family. No one should have to bury a child, much less two children. No one should bury their two brothers and be aware that they are the only one left. No one.
I hope that Josh is finally at peace, and that the demons and dark thoughts that chased him left him in those final moments. I hope he wasn't in the presence of mind to understand and comprehend what was happening. I hope it was peaceful and delirious and beautiful in it's own way. I hope that Josh knows there is a world full of people that care about him down here. I hope he knows that we all wished he'd contacted one of us first, let us talk to him, tell him we care about him in person...but that's neither here nor there now.
Rest in Peace, Josh Verity. I hope the angels and Jon were there to greet you in peace, love, and light.
I knew him as well... he was an amazing person. Thank u 4 your post
Butterfly

Rensselaer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2012

he was not in his underwear ... that was a misprint ... karma is a bitch.my friends .... u all got alot to say now that he is gone...ur. so tough.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Lockport Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Lockport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance