Local

South San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

Someone was just hit by the Southern Pacific train near Amador Valley HS. Looks like Santa Rita is blocked. Emergency crews all over. Not sure if it was a student.

This will cause long delays for anyone riding the ACE train today.
Local1

San Ramon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

Anyone have any information if it was a car or a person or what?
local2

Dublin, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

it was a girl
Local

South San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

Here's more info:

There has been a fatal accident on the train tracks near Amador Valley High School. The train is currently stopped and is blocking Santa Rita Road. The coroner has confirmed that an Amador Valley student was involved.
local2

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

was told it was a student who jumped in front of the train
local

Dublin, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

It was a freshman named Evelyn Gonzales.
local

Dublin, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

*Evelyn GOnzales
Local2

Cupertino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

My daughter just came from Amador, and it is believed to be a student. This isn't verified, but I'm trying to find out, too, because several of my daughter's friends knew a girl who threatened to do this today. :-( Horrible.
Local2

Cupertino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

is it confirmed to be evelyn? that's who we feared it was.
Local 3

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

Judged:

That is horrible! I know her!
student

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

Evelyn Gonzalez
local4

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

just got this from the PUSD website:
There has been a fatal accident on the train tracks near Amador Valley High School. The train is currently stopped and is blocking Santa Rita Road. The coroner has confirmed that an Amador Valley student was involved.
Mr. Coupe will be meeting with his staff this afternoon. Counselors are on call for support on Tuesday and over the weekend if needed.
We will send out more information if/when it becomes available.
Please avoid the area at this time. If you need to access Amador Valley, use Del Valle on the south side or enter the student parking lot on the north side.
Krista

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

My heart and prayers go out to the parents and family. So tragic for someone so young to feel they have no other way out. Everyone....extra hugs and kisses for your kids tonight.
R Cardoso

Milpitas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

Local2 wrote:
is it confirmed to be evelyn? that's who we feared it was.
Oh my God; this is so tragic. If it was this girl, or if it was not, and she was threatening suicide to several kids why wouldn't someone bring it to the school or parent's attention???????
R Cardoso

Milpitas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

Dear God, Please encourage your kids to talk to you if they hear any sort of threats such as these; maybe one person could help prevent this kind of tragedy by speaking up.
Wondering

San Ramon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

The kids at Amador have all had "suicide training", correct? They MUST know, they ALL must know that if another student threatens suicide, especially if the person says HOW they're going to commit suicide, that the person is in danger.

To Local2/Cupertino, how can your daughter's friends have let the girl walk out of the school today if they heard the girl say she was planning to kill herself?

I just can't understand it. I'm writing this wonderingly, NOT accusingly. I have a teenaged son--not at Amador--but I'm sure that if he heard another student say that they were going to commit suicide, he wouldn't let them out of his sight (and I'm going to talk to him and make sure that's what he'd do when I see him tonight).
local

Dublin, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

Judged:

Wondering wrote:
The kids at Amador have all had "suicide training", correct? They MUST know, they ALL must know that if another student threatens suicide, especially if the person says HOW they're going to commit suicide, that the person is in danger.
To Local2/Cupertino, how can your daughter's friends have let the girl walk out of the school today if they heard the girl say she was planning to kill herself?
I just can't understand it. I'm writing this wonderingly, NOT accusingly. I have a teenaged son--not at Amador--but I'm sure that if he heard another student say that they were going to commit suicide, he wouldn't let them out of his sight (and I'm going to talk to him and make sure that's what he'd do when I see him tonight).
i completely agree. How could no one do anything or sayanything to someone? she was crying out for help and no one helped her.
friend

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

is it really evelyn??? please tell me it's not her..!
Student

Pittsburg, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

This was no ones fault. No one might have noticed she left. She could have had early day. Lets just pray for her family and hope nothing else happens like this again. <3
Shiann

Pleasant Hill, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

I knew evelyn! I can't believe she is gone! I'm going to miss her why wud she do this!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Livermore Forum right now

Search the Livermore Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Reviving Stivers Academy? (May '11) 11 hr Jim horn 36
gangs in livermore (Nov '08) 15 hr Ssophiiee 66
Complaints about Livermore PD... (May '12) Wed Nick 71
Drop a Word ~ Add a Word (Nov '11) Wed texas pete 4,635
Word Association Game... (Oct '12) Wed SUG here 1,328
Last Post Wins (Dec '11) Wed Concerned_American 3,879
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Jul 22 Ronald 2,251
•••
•••

Livermore News Video

•••
•••

Livermore Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Livermore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE