Jury acquits Live Oak man charged in motorcycle gang fight in downtown Santa Cruz

Full story: Santa Cruz Sentinel

A jury on Tuesday acquitted a Live Oak man charged with brawling with members of the Hells Angels motorcycle club on Front Street.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 38 of38
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Still wondering

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2010

Judged:

gil wrote:
<quoted text>HEY dumb **** theres mexicans in both these biker gangs
I believe you are incorrect.
1 - not all MC's accept diversity
2 - not all MC's are gangs
3 - dumb **** should be with 3 not 4 asterisks.
SC Local

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2010

Judged:

It seems being in a gang is not the problem, being a person of color and in a gang is the problem.
Robert

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2010

Judged:

Becky Johnson wrote:
Congrats to defense attorney, MARK BRISCO for upholding the concept of reasonable doubt in Santa Cruz! We've lost so much legal ground in recent years: loss of public space, loss of 1st amendment rights, and what with the BARISONE's inventing work for themselves with that civil injunction against a homeless couple who slept in the dirt too much!
That's right Becky...when they could have bunked at your house! But "No"...even you don't like the unbathed drug users of Pacific Ave!
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2010

Peaceful Car Driver wrote:
<quoted text>
Classic Johnny, you're such a hypocrite, it'd be hilarious if not so offensive how rose colored your lenses are. You're on here every day railing on about violence when it's perpetrated by Latinos, but when it's Whites fighting, then it's just "boys will be boys" to you huh? Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury isn't in? Tells a lot how others agree with you too. I say keep that Sons of Anarchy garbage on TV where it belongs, not in my town... Got to love them bikers my ****.
If you are going to compare the two factions that you mentioned,....well, there just
isn't any comparing them. The bikers haven't killed anyone that I can recall. The Latinos,
on the other hand, have. Several times.(We are talking about gangs here)
Inspector Gadget

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2010

SC Local wrote:
It seems being in a gang is not the problem, being a person of color and in a gang is the problem.
And your point is?
your brian with thoughts

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2010

Judged:

So let em get this straight, He is not a "hard core" biker, but he started the fight in the middle of downtown to impress his buddies, and apparently show our children this is how adults are supposed to behave. Then he goes and gets a permanent tattoo to show how proud he is of the whole fiasco, the gang of ignorant 12 jurors acquit him, and then then the big bad biker cries.

Did I miss anything, aside from the DA being basically worthless?
lobo

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2010

Judged:

Send them back to Europe.
Anne Wilson

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2010

Judged:

Becky Johnson wrote:
Congrats to defense attorney, MARK BRISCO for upholding the concept of reasonable doubt in Santa Cruz! We've lost so much legal ground in recent years: loss of public space, loss of 1st amendment rights, and what with the BARISONE's inventing work for themselves with that civil injunction against a homeless couple who slept in the dirt too much!
If you are going to capitalize his name and make a big fuss about him, you should at least spell it correctly. BriscoE.

I'd also like to point out that this article has nothing to do with the homeless or Barisone. Please try to keep your comments on subject. Your off topic posts have become repetitive.
Yanni at the Barber

Aptos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2010

your brian with thoughts wrote:
So let em get this straight, He is not a "hard core" biker, but he started the fight in the middle of downtown to impress his buddies, and apparently show our children this is how adults are supposed to behave. Then he goes and gets a permanent tattoo to show how proud he is of the whole fiasco, the gang of ignorant 12 jurors acquit him, and then then the big bad biker cries.
Did I miss anything, aside from the DA being basically worthless?
Unless your name is Brian, you misspelled "brain".
-Yanni at the Barber. Keepin' it short.
Siler

Hayward, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2010

Judged:

Becky Johnson wrote:
We've lost so much...
Including your last remaining brain cell.
Green Nation

San Leandro, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2010

Judged:

The Hells Angles have been put on notice that Santa Cruz is now Vagos territory.

“Pearls before swine”

Since: Mar 08

Santa Cruz, CA.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2010

Judged:

ANNE WILSON WRITES: "I'd also like to point out that this article has nothing to do with the homeless or Barisone. Please try to keep your comments on subject. Your off topic posts have become repetitive."

BECKY: Apparently you are unaware that MARK BRISCOE defended ANNA and MIGUEL against BARISONE's civil injunction. I'm still on topic. Keep reading and you could learn a thing or two.
Siler

Antioch, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2010

Judged:

Becky Johnson wrote:
ANNE WILSON WRITES: "I'd also like to point out that this article has nothing to do with the homeless or Barisone. Please try to keep your comments on subject. Your off topic posts have become repetitive."

BECKY: Apparently you are unaware that MARK BRISCOE defended ANNA and MIGUEL against BARISONE's civil injunction. I'm still on topic. Keep reading and you could learn a thing or two.
Earth shattering logic, BJ. Maybe if you open a window and get some air...
Siler

Antioch, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2010

Judged:

So with BJ's connect the dots as an example of logical learning:

Mr. Barisone represents the City, Ryan Coonerty is on the City Council, the Coonerty's run Bookshop Santa Cruz.

Therefore, the biker brawl story is an obvious reason to now talk about how cool Bookshop Santa Cruz is and again thank Ryan for helping to clean up the town from criminals and bums.
The Accountant

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2010

Green Nation wrote:
The Hells Angles have been put on notice that Santa Cruz is now Vagos territory.
When will they start supporting Santa Cruz? Are they helpers or parasites?
Watch out

Monterey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2010

Judged:

Green Nation wrote:
Both groups on notice that the people of SC will take matters into their own hands. You should both leave while you still can
Didnt they lose

Monterey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2010

Becky Johnson wrote:
I dont see then downtown anymore (thank goodness)
not crazy about authority

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2010

the comment where the district attorney insults his constituents at the end of the trial should be in every defense attorneys openning and closing arguments when facing him in court.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 38 of38
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Live Oak Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Live Oak People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance