Clarksville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

As a fairly new Christian I was told my salvation was based upon
my belief in Jesus (who paid for my sins with His sacrifice).
Our pastor made the comment that "an honest man" gives at least 10%(I guess one calls that a tithe) to the church. 1) What if one cannot give 10%?? 2) What if one disagrees with the way the money is spent?? Must we give 10% to have salvation?? Our pastor (who
is a good man I am sure) actually thinks one should give 15% or more
with his constant hustle for money and demands for offerings here and there (which always is beyond the regular collection). Most of the mention of tithe is in the Old Testament and wasnt always $$$$$. I see no request, suggestion or demand in the New Testament that requires 10% for salvation.. What's up??? Can anyone offer comment or some semblance of truth, logic, reality and fairness??
Donan

Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Color spans many mental concepts of right and wrong. If "MONEY" is the basis of Salvation and Labor produces money. By a Preacher or any church leader steping beyond what scripture actually says, is that the work of the spirit or the work of SATAN ?

AS I lay these words to print. Knowing,(as you have stated) for a preacher to induce demand for more then the Lords share, tells on it self. Such a request is from the DEVIL. An your church has been corrupted.

In Scripture it refers to happens in the last days. Be warned.

Jeasus saw SATAN falling from a cloud high in the sky. Falling like Lighting, to earth.

Lighting is current. The flow of electricty. It appears that current flow has struck your Church !
Charley

Clarksville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

Looking for truth wrote:
As a fairly new Christian I was told my salvation was based upon
my belief in Jesus (who paid for my sins with His sacrifice).
Our pastor made the comment that "an honest man" gives at least 10%(I guess one calls that a tithe) to the church. 1) What if one cannot give 10%?? 2) What if one disagrees with the way the money is spent?? Must we give 10% to have salvation?? Our pastor (who
is a good man I am sure) actually thinks one should give 15% or more
with his constant hustle for money and demands for offerings here and there (which always is beyond the regular collection). Most of the mention of tithe is in the Old Testament and wasnt always $$$$$. I see no request, suggestion or demand in the New Testament that requires 10% for salvation.. What's up??? Can anyone offer comment or some semblance of truth, logic, reality and fairness??
One's salvation is not dependent upon giving money.
our church collects offerings but in 4 years never has the pastor mentioned tithe or maybe has talked about giving 2-3 times in passing during a sermon. I was in abstentia, but, the congregation had a study on giving and the resolution was that your giving is between you and God. There is NO set amount. Anyone who preaches the tithe is totally out of touch. Even a Baptist newsletter made the comment that only 5-6% of those ATTENDING church actually give 10% tithe. While what the majority doesnt make it right there are many factors why those dont give 10% tithe. The first being, with all the high cost of living, it is impossible unless one wants to live on ramen. The other reasons included the perception of overpaid and underworked church employees ( some true and some not). Do what is in your own mind and heart as far as giving goes. Dont let the antiquated ways of some pastor or his greed deteor you from your honor of God at YOUR OWN level. Something that is conmfortable for you and not the church hieracry.
prince

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2012

The New Testament does not teach tithing. It does teach giving, but that is between you and God. Tithing was done in the Old Testament to keep up the priests and the temple and for the widows and orphans and the needy. To tithe like the Old Testament you would have to give produce, livestock, etc. and it was done every third year. It was a different covenant than the New Covenant. Most people who regularly attend a church know that they have to give to that church to keep the lights on and for the other ministries of the church. You need to give to compensate the pastor for his service, especially if he comes out at all hours of the day and night. There are a lot of old saints who were taught tithing and they can't wrap their heads around any other way so you just have to love them and go on. They will probably never change. Your walk should be with the Lord. If he's satisfied with you, then everything is all right. Many pastors have another job for their financial support. No one should go into ministry of any kind expecting to get rich in this life.
Tractor man

Booneville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

prince wrote:
The New Testament does not teach tithing. It does teach giving, but that is between you and God. Tithing was done in the Old Testament to keep up the priests and the temple and for the widows and orphans and the needy. To tithe like the Old Testament you would have to give produce, livestock, etc. and it was done every third year. It was a different covenant than the New Covenant. Most people who regularly attend a church know that they have to give to that church to keep the lights on and for the other ministries of the church. You need to give to compensate the pastor for his service, especially if he comes out at all hours of the day and night. There are a lot of old saints who were taught tithing and they can't wrap their heads around any other way so you just have to love them and go on. They will probably never change. Your walk should be with the Lord. If he's satisfied with you, then everything is all right. Many pastors have another job for their financial support. No one should go into ministry of any kind expecting to get rich in this life.
I wont give at our church cuz the pastor draws at least 1000 social security, has income from Baptist IRA (or something) and 4-500 mo gas royalties. Then he wants to sock the church for another 50000 or more per year. And the secretary draws at least 60-70000 in retirement and social security then wants to sock the church for another 6000 year. That is just greed or as they say "being rewarded for doing "God's" work"". I give else where.
Independence is Liberty

Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Tractor man wrote:
<quoted text>
I wont give at our church cuz the pastor draws at least 1000 social security, has income from Baptist IRA (or something) and 4-500 mo gas royalties. Then he wants to sock the church for another 50000 or more per year. And the secretary draws at least 60-70000 in retirement and social security then wants to sock the church for another 6000 year. That is just greed or as they say "being rewarded for doing "God's" work"". I give else where.
@@@@@@@@@@
All which you have described. Is the work of a registered domain. A domain, of the Minion of HELL. A PLY Ground for the purpose of SATAN !

Most Likely "IT" reports to it's Master. On Paper. Of all it collects from it organization of "MINIONS of Satan". Identified as Members. Those Members also report to Satan, ON PAPER. Allowing "CONTROL" & BENIFIT. A registered mark. Placed on every Paper, filed with the Master of all things, here in His Kingdom.

"He is with us." Jesus saw him. On that day jesus said, "Barac Obama" ! That was a warning ! As HE,(Jesus) saw Satan falling like Lighting to Earth.

It is "TRUE". IT, Satan is with us. An "IT" has invaded our Churches ! An The Mind's of the People. God's People. Twisting them to belive, What jesus saw was not real ! TWISTING THEM TO BELIVE. GOD is not REAL !

Clock is ticking my friends. TIME WILL TELL. Satan has taken the form of a MAN. An that man is President of the United States...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 13 min Ancient One 18,851
AR Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr BARNEYII 29,633
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 4 hr bird man 9,870
Pulaski County Jail Funding Moves Forward in Th... 10 hr Annette 1
Jonesboro police chief resigns 11 hr bulldog jack 1
massage 20 hr hmmm 5
actually 23 hr chl 1
•••
•••
•••

Little Rock Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••